Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi : No government before Ramadan .. And concern of the increasing violence

Allawi : No government before Ramadan .. And concern of the increasing violence

Akhbaar.org/Wesima article - 25/07/2010

Allawi said that Iraqi forces are not ready to take over security.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN) - Iraqi Prime Minister earlier , Ayad Allawi, has the right to seek the post of prime minister again, after occupying the list of " Iraq, " the first place in the elections , calling on his successor , Nouri al- Maliki , to the conviction that the trading Peaceful transfer of power , and urged the international community to intervene to push al-Maliki to " understand the message . "

The Allawi, a meeting with CNN concern the explosion of the security situation continues to row over the government, said that changing the dates of the withdrawal of U.S. forces is no longer possible, but stressed that Washington did not implement all of its goals because it will leave behind security services and a fragile political , and called on Washington to re- Iraqi file to the top of its priorities, with the Palestinian issue and ruled out reaching a new government before the end of the holy month of Ramadan .

He explained Allawi, the reasons for delayed formation of the government by saying: "In the beginning there was a problem of re- screening and interpretation of the Constitution , which consumed much of the time, since we have entered into serious negotiations to form a government with the masses , large and small , and may we insist on discussion of issues , including the powers belonging to the Prime Minister , The powers of a very large and should not be given to the author of this post , regardless of the identity, and this is an error that started the constitution-making and we are paying the price today. "

Asked whether it was possible for him to accept to get the position of non- prime minister said: "It depends on what we are discussing , and ultimately must be the development of standards for the selection of the Prime Minister , do you resort to the democratic process? or re- command the people, or blocks , which won Elections? or for those that formed new alliances ? "

He continued: "This is a real test of democracy in Iraq, but the important thing from the post is to discuss pressing issues , especially the national partnership , because today there are partners from the first class, and partners from the second division , and there are partnerships and fake, and we want to be a partnership equally among all Components of society and political trends , and this is the basis of the list are Iraqi and we support this trend. "

Alawi said that the mass was able to get the largest number of seats , although they had undergone restrictions Asthdavat the pretext of "de-Baathification "and pointed out that the opinion polls conducted in Iraq Affirms that the popularity far in excess of all Iraqi politicians , including Maliki , which is what That he thought would give him the right to look for the post of prime minister.

And its acceptability for the return of the current prime minister , Nouri al- Maliki, said: "The decision is up to the Iraqis who have expressed their position in the election, we must take into account the data of the political forces such as the Supreme Council and the Sadr movement , which refuses to return, and I think it is necessary to al-Maliki Recognizing the importance of the peaceful transfer of power. "

Saw Allawi, Maliki is still clinging to the job so far, calling him the need to understand the importance of advocacy to reduce the powers held by the Prime Minister is the devolution of authority to develop uniform criteria for the selection of heads of ministries.

Asked if he has changed his point of view Maliki, after three meetings with him , knowing that he was described as the leader of a sectarian basis sectarian government can not cooperate with him , Allawi said : "I did not negotiate with al-Maliki , but with other figures , these figures came mainly from sectarian backgrounds , But we insist on dialogue with them , and we consider that this is the road leading out of the tunnel across the sectarian real change. "

Speaking Allawi of his meeting with leader of the Sadrist movement , Muqtada al-Sadr , in Syria, especially since it was considered the chest of the most prominent opponents , he said that the meeting was a coincidence as it was in the same time and place with al-Sadr , in the Syrian capital , denied that the meeting of the Order of the Syrian leadership.

He continued : There were negotiations between envoys from us and before conferring governmental issue, and when I arrived to Damascus emerged the idea of a meeting between us, has happened, and met with him for the first time , the dialogue was frank and clear and transparent , I can consider it a positive , after the meeting made (chest ) to the positions advanced on the abolition of sectarianism and reconciliation and even de-Baathification , and in fact, repeat a lot of positions that we have already taken . "

And the ability to trust the chest , after the historical experience with him said: "We all reach for reconciliation, this does not mean we compromised on the principles that we and our programs, has also discussed with him the issue of imposing law and order.

He called upon the international community , specifically the United Nations, to help " persuade Maliki's message " about the importance of consolidating the concept of devolution of power in the democratic process .

When asked about his expectations about the time remaining before the formation of the new government said: "Frankly , there are some neighboring countries that play a role in the complexity of the situation, but seriously, I do not think that any development that could happen before the end of August next , or the month of Ramadan. "

On a U.S. withdrawal , which continues despite the internal political crisis , Allawi said : "It's not related to the number of U.S. troops , but the extent of setting specific targets and work to achieve it, it is these goals that should make more efforts to achieve them , for example build up the army and security forces and attention to political reform and to work out Iraq from the mandate of Chapter VII Security Council resolutions and to reassure neighboring countries such as Iran and Syria that Iraq would not be a platform to beat her. "

He added: " attention should be given all these issues because the goals are more important, is not the time spent by the military on the ground , but today I see that Washington meet deadlines for withdrawal, they were subjected to Binary Compatibility No one wants to point fingers back to the United States. "

According to Allawi , Iraq is no longer a top priority for Washington, which is currently being considered in other files, including Afghanistan and the global financial crisis and the situation in Sudan and Somalia and the Palestinian territories , adding that America prioritized properly by paying more attention to Iraq because of his role in the stability of the region, without Omission of the Palestinian file .

Allawi said that the United States should not be viewed Iraq as the country completed its tasks and is able to leave without difficulties , as the situation there remains difficult.

He explained Allawi : "Iraq is still lame but democracy is gaining strength , and we are still struggling to complete building institutions and the beginning of the path of secularization of the state, and has insisted that undermine the existing Iraq has the opportunity to take power , not because I drive them , but because the composition of unity represent the future of this country , also insisted that Washington could take Iraq back to the top of their priorities. "

And the capacity of local security , praised al-Maliki boldly security services and elements of the army 's insistence to continue its work , but asserted that it is not yet able to assume security functions fully in the country, whether at the level of military or intelligence services or the police.

He Allawi fears of accelerating violence in Iraq , expressing concern that more security tensions that continued delay in forming the government, said that all work towards the early formation of the government on the one hand , and create an atmosphere of understanding of the situation in Iraq in the region on the other.

News Link

Well, NOW what is the real timeframe...? As Frank26 says, "watch what they do, not what they say...!"

Time will tell...!

RON :angry::(

• Upvote 1

Exactly Ron!

Hey Iraq...Get off the pot, pull up your panties, and get about your business,,,don't worry little man, only 30% of our troops are leaving...we still have your back(for now)

Get your Sh%t together, grow up, and handle your business like men.

PS

We are watching you

SMOKE AND MIRORS, DON'T BUY ANYMORE DINAR,WE ONLY WANT TO PAY YOU A LITTLE BIT!!!!

SPECULATORS THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY,NOT WHAT THEY DO!

LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY, WAKE UP AND BAM! $3.22 TOO LATE

No kidding! I was looking today out of curiosity, to see how much for Dinar, and talk about price gouging...I saw one site that had 500k dinar for over 600 bucks

• Upvote 1

On a U.S. withdrawal , which continues despite the internal political crisis , Allawi said : "It's not related to the number of U.S. troops , but the extent of setting specific targets and work to achieve it, it is these goals that should make more efforts to achieve them , for example build up the army and security forces and attention to political reform and to work out Iraq from the mandate of Chapter VII Security Council resolutions and to reassure neighboring countries such as Iran and Syria that Iraq would not be a platform to beat her. "

This guy oozes leadership. I tend to agree with everything he said. Notice he didn't call any one out specifically but clearly the powers at be are hearing him loud and clear. I hope Washington gets the message to apply more pressure. Allawi is clearly stating that all of these negotiations are progressing but that some force will be required to make something happen. He is seeing that this is just further delay without a consensus if you read between the lines. Perhaps setting a deadline to resolve the presidencies or the UN will decide for them by that date. He is forcing this porcupine back in Obama's lap as well he should. Not bashing our president. But he needs to make a decision and end this madness though. No more nice nice. You can't lead this part of the world by giving everyone a trophy and saying "you're doing great guys". Difficult decisions must be made. They will dis you but they will respect you too. Being the leader of the free world does not mean that everyone will like you. This is about making sure they got there crap together on the next Iraqi election too. Consider this a practice drill for when you have to address Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. And you will!!!!

Mr. Obama... Please punch up the digits for Ban Ki Moon and tell him to pull the cord on the nonsense and appoint Allawi call it operation HackaShaq like in basketball. Tell them to fix their freaking constitution while you are at it. Thanks for the great post Ron.... I mean Godfather. Ok... I think I am done.

• Upvote 9

I was looking today out of curiosity, to see how much for Dinar, and talk about price gouging...I saw one site that had 500k dinar for over 600 bucks

I think USD600 would be a VERY good price for a 500K Dinar note. Primarily because it must be a one-of-a-kind: the largest note issued is on 25K!

On the other hand, of it is a 500 dinar note, then I guess, if it sells for USD600, it is clear proof that there is a fool born every minute!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I think USD600 would be a VERY good price for a 500K Dinar note. Primarily because it must be a one-of-a-kind: the largest note issued is on 25K!

On the other hand, of it is a 500 dinar note, then I guess, if it sells for USD600, it is clear proof that there is a fool born every minute!

Read it again. He/She didn't say that it was a 500k note. Not bashing, just trying to help everyone save face.

Folks we are still in for a long roller coaster ride :( The way this is going it may be late 2011 before we see a RV, don't mean to be negative here, but look at all the things thats not yet accomplished.. Loot at the facts... :(:(

Edited by mrref

From the meeting I heard last night there were some contradictions about dates. So if these so called gurus are having confusion in their own camp then what does that say about the intel here. Sharing intel is great but sharing intel without substance is going to drive everyone here nuts if you bank on it. So these Gurus are saying tomorrow this RV is going to take place. What if it doesn't? Do they loose your trust? Do you still have confidence in them? Sure it's going to happen but not one know exactly when. They are not there, and yes they may have people there but unless they are in the camp of those that are making the decision then the intel that is filtered down to you and I is corrupt intel. For weeks I have read on this forum and others that there were smaller denominations being circulated and they were going to show it here. Well :angry: still waiting. That's what I'm talking about , no substance.

This is similar to the stock market, up and down. Marker makers if you will(Iraq Leaders) playing the game to get the best price. Oh well just my two dinars :P

Folks we are still in for a long roller coaster ride :( The way this is going it may be late 2011 before we see a RV, don't mean to be negative here, but look at all the things thats not yet accomplished.. Loot at the facts... :(:(

I do understand your point but ..............well, enough said!

Thank you for your concern.

We all want this done like last year, but CBI has said the new currency will be out this year, it's not their fault the politics are screwing everything up! Don't get hung up on a particular date or you're going to go crazy, stick to by the end of year and then if that doesn't happen, then maybe it's time to rethink this whole thing.... jmo

Drox,

Good thoughts... but I cannot really determine whether or not he is oozing leadership or the guise of a slick politician. He sounded quite a bit like our own political spin doctors here in the USA. :shakehead:

• Upvote 2

I smell more smoke. I can understand the frustration with the "gurus" and their predictions that don't come try, but jeez, man, this is the Iraqi press! I can't understand why any of you react one way or another to this crap.

Gonna be a full moon. Maybe tommorrow's the big day. At least as far as I'm concerned, I don't see it one bit more or less likely after having read this piece of belligerature.

Maynard

• Upvote 1

I smell more smoke. I can understand the frustration with the "gurus" and their predictions that don't come try, but jeez, man, this is the Iraqi press! I can't understand why any of you react one way or another to this crap.

Gonna be a full moon. Maybe tommorrow's the big day. At least as far as I'm concerned, I don't see it one bit more or less likely after having read this piece of belligerature.

Maynard

Exactly! I never count on anything in the Iraqi media as fact because it is government controlled.

This is total smoke...look at all the articles that came out just this past weekend....so much contradiction! We have all witnessed same day articles where one says..delays in forming government due to disagreements..then another one will come out shortly after saying they have come to agreements. An article came out recently saying that the UN had given Iraq a deadline of august 4th to have a government formed and I believe the U.S will also be stepping in if the government is not formed by Ramadan...but that's not neccessarily the best news because we all want Iraq to do this on their own. So as I see it..they have to have the government seated by August 11th..there is no way that it would be able to go past that. Everything is on the line right now!..And if you have been on this ride long enough you know better than to not get discouraged by these articles..seeing that they change hourly! So keep your chin up and your head held high!

Great Quotes!

“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise” - Oscar Wilde

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.”-Bill Cosby

So if you want to smile or laugh check this out..and if it doesen't make you laugh you are wayyyy to uptight :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oqRoAXXQ6OU

Also...did you know that Vitamin D boosts your mood and can even fight depression!

For men: Selenium is a great vitamin to take for a mood boost

For women: evening primrose balances hormones and also enhances mood

Lastly..Thank you Ron for posting! :)

Edited by shannybelle27
  • Upvote 1

We all want this done like last year, but CBI has said the new currency will be out this year, it's not their fault the politics are screwing everything up! Don't get hung up on a particular date or you're going to go crazy, stick to by the end of year and then if that doesn't happen, then maybe it's time to rethink this whole thing.... jmo

thats a good point - IMO if it doesnt happen by the end of this year, it could be YEARS down the road