Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Show us your papers

bostonangler

So, the alternative is what is going on in Ca. If you go in and get a DMV renewal it comes back with FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY or something to that effect. You were a citizen in the eyes of the Feds before the renewal but with the new ID you are in the same basket as the non citizen who applies for a drivers license. What this means is that with the old ID you could use it to purchase a firearm, after the 10 day waiting period, but now you can't. If people don't think we are already in a big Federal data base then good luck to them. 

I want to know when I get on a plane the person sitting next to me is a vetted citizen or at least a visitor to our country who has been checked out. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, caz1104 said:

There is one sure fire way to get this overturned..........photo of Hillarious!!! That will lock up ANY computer.....as well as kill insects, wild animals, home intruders, & aliens from other planets. 

Bill is barely hanging on. He must be a pretty tough old bird. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

So, the alternative is what is going on in Ca. If you go in and get a DMV renewal it comes back with FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY or something to that effect. You were a citizen in the eyes of the Feds before the renewal but with the new ID you are in the same basket as the non citizen who applies for a drivers license. What this means is that with the old ID you could use it to purchase a firearm, after the 10 day waiting period, but now you can't. If people don't think we are already in a big Federal data base then good luck to them. 

I want to know when I get on a plane the person sitting next to me is a vetted citizen or at least a visitor to our country who has been checked out. 

There ya go providing logic to those that reject such

• Upvote 1

My 82 year old mother just renewed her license.... Yes her official license with her photo etc., and she had to bring her birth certificate, marriage license, credit card, prove of residence and more. How many 82 year old terrorists are there? If you don't understand what's happening and think this is okay, then you have lost all sense of what separated America and her freedoms from the rest of the world. So many people here think badly of the government, think the government is out to get us, and then joke about this and say that's okay because I'm scared and willing to give up my privacy... The new America.... "Hold me I'm scared"

Remember what Ben Franklin said..."They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can anyone say "secret police?"

California mall owner's license plate readers send info to ICE

Some shopping malls in California are scanning license plates and sending that data to a surveillance vendor that works with -- and sells information to -- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. That's according to a report by tech watchdog group Electronic Frontier Foundation, which discovered that a regional real estate company operating retail centers across the western state is feeding visitor information into a nationwide database that ICE reportedly gained access to at the beginning of this year.

The Irvine Company has installed automatic license plate readers (ALPRs) at "one or more" of its shopping malls in the city, according to its privacy policy, which notes that the information collected is sent to Vigilant Solutions. That's the company providing license plate recognition data to ICE, The Verge reported back in January. While The Irvine Company's retail locations are probably providing only a fraction of the 2 billion license plate photos in Vigilant Solutions' database, nobody was aware that their license plates -- and ergo, their behavior patterns and location information -- were being collected while shopping.

ICE isn't the only customer buying Vigilant's data: The company also shares it with up to 1,000 law enforcement agencies, the EFF's report noted. Its sister company Digital Recognition Network also sells information collected by ALPRs to financial lenders, insurance companies and debt collectors. And as the watchdog group pointed out, the only reason we know about this connection is due to a 2015 California law requiring ALPR operators to disclose their policies online. In other words, who knows what other companies are feeding Vigilant Solutions your license plate data?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/california-mall-owner-apos-license-011400254.html

Geheime Staatspolizei

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

My 82 year old mother just renewed her license.... Yes her official license with her photo etc., and she had to bring her birth certificate, marriage license, credit card, prove of residence and more. How many 82 year old terrorists are there? If you don't understand what's happening and think this is okay, then you have lost all sense of what separated America and her freedoms from the rest of the world. So many people here think badly of the government, think the government is out to get us, and then joke about this and say that's okay because I'm scared and willing to give up my privacy... The new America.... "Hold me I'm scared"

Remember what Ben Franklin said..."They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

B/A

IMO its got to this point because of the years of complacency of  fraud. So to complain about the measures now is fascinating to me. Weep what ya sow...and now the gov takes advantage

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Can anyone say "secret police?"

California mall owner's license plate readers send info to ICE

Some shopping malls in California are scanning license plates and sending that data to a surveillance vendor that works with -- and sells information to -- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. That's according to a report by tech watchdog group Electronic Frontier Foundation, which discovered that a regional real estate company operating retail centers across the western state is feeding visitor information into a nationwide database that ICE reportedly gained access to at the beginning of this year.

The Irvine Company has installed automatic license plate readers (ALPRs) at "one or more" of its shopping malls in the city, according to its privacy policy, which notes that the information collected is sent to Vigilant Solutions. That's the company providing license plate recognition data to ICE, The Verge reported back in January. While The Irvine Company's retail locations are probably providing only a fraction of the 2 billion license plate photos in Vigilant Solutions' database, nobody was aware that their license plates -- and ergo, their behavior patterns and location information -- were being collected while shopping.

ICE isn't the only customer buying Vigilant's data: The company also shares it with up to 1,000 law enforcement agencies, the EFF's report noted. Its sister company Digital Recognition Network also sells information collected by ALPRs to financial lenders, insurance companies and debt collectors. And as the watchdog group pointed out, the only reason we know about this connection is due to a 2015 California law requiring ALPR operators to disclose their policies online. In other words, who knows what other companies are feeding Vigilant Solutions your license plate data?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/california-mall-owner-apos-license-011400254.html

Geheime Staatspolizei

B/A

Again, complancey to our laws have created this.....surprised........NO

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, caz1104 said:

IMO its got to this point because of the years of complacency of  fraud. So to complain about the measures now is fascinating to me. Weep what ya sow...and now the gov takes advantage

I'm really surprised by the lack of outrage here. So many people claim to be patriots, constitutionalist, even conservative. And yet everyone seems to think this is no big deal.... JMHO

B/A 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I'm really surprised by the lack of outrage here. So many people claim to be patriots, constitutionalist, even conservative. And yet everyone seems to think this is no big deal.... JMHO

B/A 

Normally I would be outraged......but so many on left for years have not thought it important that proper ID ( dr/lic or voter)  be mandatory. But NOW act surprised..now that's funny

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, caz1104 said:

Normally I would be outraged......but so many on left for years have not thought it important that proper ID ( dr/lic or voter)  be mandatory. But NOW act surprised..now that's funny

What's funny is even the most conservative patriotic Americans are bending over for this...…. I don't mean funny ha ha....

This insane division amongst Americans is really working for the politicians. Even with all the corruption we see, people here are still defending their representatives. On the left how can anyone defend Waters? On the right how can anyone defend McConnell? Time to vote all incumbents out... But that will never happen because Americans are lazy and as you say complacent.

B/A

• Upvote 1

And the replacements seem to be as rotten as the incumbents. With over 300 million US people, this is the best, the cream of the crop running? Oi vey were in such big trouble.  

BTW in CO they take your thumb print too, to get a DL. 

Edited by Sage449
Adding to my rant
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sage449 said:

And the replacements seem to be as rotten as the incumbents. With over 300 million US people, this is the best, the cream of the crop running? Oi vey were in such big trouble. 

I guess because the political game is so dirty, true intellects do not put themselves or their families through it. In Tennessee right now the political commercials have nothing to do with policy, they are all about bashing each other. Again, they have taught people to vote against something instead of voting for something.

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So let me get this correct.  You are going to have to prove you are a citizen in order to get a United States form of identification and driver's license plus have a real picture of your face on that identification and not have it covered by a mask or other covering.   AND THIS IS A BAD THING HOW????????

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bohica said:

So let me get this correct.  You are going to have to prove you are a citizen in order to get a United States form of identification and driver's license plus have a real picture of your face on that identification and not have it covered by a mask or other covering.   AND THIS IS A BAD THING HOW????????

Do you have an officially granted government ID? Like a passport, or drivers license? Well now they don't mean anything. You have to start all over and then they put a little star on your ID and put your face into a national ID system. It may not bother you to be in the system, but I don't like it. Do you really believe it won't get hacked or sold? Has anything digital been proven to be safe from being stolen? When the Nazis wanted to round up the Jews, guess how they started? A national ID system.

I really cannot believe that Americans are so willing to give up their privacy. They don't have my fingerprints. They don't have my DNA. And I don't want my face in the system... I guess the fear factor is working and people really are sheeple lining up to be slaughtered... JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Passports are still valid.

You can use one to board a plane.

If you don't think they have your fingerprints then keep dreaming.

Nowhere are they asking for your DNA or your first born. Although there are some parents who would gladly give them up. 

Privacy is a thing of the past. Unless you purged every computer and started over we are all out of luck.

• Upvote 3

So...I guess that the muslims who want to scream and yell about being permitted to keep their face covered for an Identification picture are going to figure out that they cannot get their way.  I guess that the illegals who have been able to have backroom IDs and driver's license might not be able to make a back room license.  The liberals love to bring up how things are leaning towards bad things.  Well the kiss ups that the liberal have done for illegals and muslims have created this mess.  

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Do you have an officially granted government ID? Like a passport, or drivers license? Well now they don't mean anything. You have to start all over and then they put a little star on your ID and put your face into a national ID system. It may not bother you to be in the system, but I don't like it. Do you really believe it won't get hacked or sold? Has anything digital been proven to be safe from being stolen? When the Nazis wanted to round up the Jews, guess how they started? A national ID system.

I really cannot believe that Americans are so willing to give up their privacy. They don't have my fingerprints. They don't have my DNA. And I don't want my face in the system... I guess the fear factor is working and people really are sheeple lining up to be slaughtered... JMHO

B/A

If your worried about your identy being hacked...................ur about 15 years behind. Having a universal "updated" system only makes sense...and will need to be updated frequently from here on out. Why does the left complain so much about ID's?....simple...it minimizes a voting blocks ie , dead people, illegals, & minorities.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Why does the left complain so much about ID's?...

Why don't most people care about their privacy... Are people living in such fear they ware willing to give it up?

What happens when an ID card is stolen? What proof is used to decide who gets a card? A national ID would require a governmental database of every person in the U.S. containing continually updated identifying information. It would likely contain many errors, any one of which could render someone unemployable and possibly much worse until they get their ""file"" straightened out. And once that database was created, its use would almost certainly expand. Law enforcement and other government agencies would soon ask to link into it, while employers, landlords, credit agencies, mortgage brokers, direct mailers, landlords, private investigators, civil litigants, and a long list of other parties would begin seeking access, further eroding the privacy that Americans have always expected in their personal lives.

Americans have long had a visceral aversion to building a society in which the authorities could act like totalitarian sentries and demand ""your papers please!"" And that everyday intrusiveness would be conjoined with the full power of modern computer and database technology. When a police officer or security guard scans your ID card with his pocket bar-code reader, for example, will a permanent record be created of that check, including the time and your location? How long before office buildings, doctors' offices, gas stations, highway tolls, subways and buses incorporate the ID card into their security or payment systems for greater efficiency? The end result could be a nation where citizens' movements inside their own country are monitored and recorded through these ""internal passports.""

Can you say 1984???

B/A