Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tomi Lahren Warns It'd Be A Big Mistake To Overturn Roe vs Wade

Conservative Fox News commentator Tomi Lahren ignited a heated round of debate, as well as anger from some fans, after making a case that overturning Roe v. Wade “would be a big mistake.”

Lahren, in a “Final Thoughts” segment on the network Saturday, argued that any attempt to overturn the landmark 1973 case that legalized abortion across the U.S. would be “unlikely to succeed” and would instead further divide the nation.

She cited a recent Quinnipiac poll that found that most Americans favor keeping abortions legal.

“We lose when we start tampering with social issues,” she said. “Do we really want to fight for this, alienate Democrats, moderates and Libertarians all to lose in the end anyway? That’s a risk that I don’t think is worth taking.”

Whether Roe v. Wade could be overturned has been a hot-button topic since Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement in late June,  setting the stage for President Donald Trump to nominate his replacement. Trump has said that he will reveal his nominee in a televised speech Monday night.

Lahren said she’s a person who “would personally choose life,” but that she believes “it’s not the government’s place to dictate.”

“Those are my thoughts. Feel free to disagree,” she concluded, before sharing a link to her thoughts on Twitter.

As evidenced by the responses on Twitter, many viewers embraced her invitation to disagree, with pro-life supporters expressing their upset with her comments. Others expressed their surprised agreement with her views. 

Well, I guess she joined the Deep State and infiltrated FOX NEWS...

B/A

• Upvote 3

A lot of truth there I think. I cannot agree with reinstating back alley abortion clinic techniques. Neither can one, IMHO justify late term abortions. Don't just partially birth the child, completely birth the child and immediately place it for adoption. I also do not think abortions should be a means of contraception anymore. Not with a myriad of birth control devices, condoms, and after morning pills. Not with those. My opinions are mine and not based on my desire to rule over a woman and their womb.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Well, I guess she joined the Deep State and infiltrated FOX NEWS...

The party never ends. Perhaps more and more people are realizing that the deep state is really a deep state of frustration and misery that is permeating our country. Just when you think it can't get any more prolific, you have the US threatening other nations over  their endorsement of a breastfeeding resolution. Maybe someone can explain why that is a good idea and what the current admin hopes to gain by continuing to confront most of the developed world on issues that provide benefit to not only our nation but the world in general. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

Maybe someone can explain why that is a good idea and what the current admin hopes to gain by continuing to confront most of the developed world on issues that provide benefit to not only our nation but the world in general. 

Yeah I would like someone to explain what purpose this serves...

B/A

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

YEAH!!!!!!!!! Murdering babies is so much more peaceful. Larehn is a evil baby killing animal. 

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Lahren said she’s a person who “would personally choose life,”

She is pro-life... She is not pro-fascist government.

B/A

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

The party never ends. Perhaps more and more people are realizing that the deep state is really a deep state of frustration and misery that is permeating our country. Just when you think it can't get any more prolific, you have the US threatening other nations over  their endorsement of a breastfeeding resolution. Maybe someone can explain why that is a good idea and what the current admin hopes to gain by continuing to confront most of the developed world on issues that provide benefit to not only our nation but the world in general. 

Here is why.... Surprise, surprise, surprise...

The United States pressured other countries to stop a resolution that promoted breastfeeding at the United Nations, according to the New York Times.

The resolution ultimately passed in a compromised form, removing language that called on the World Health Organization to support countries trying to stop "inappropriate promotion of foods for infants and young children."

Initially, the Trump administration wanted to remove language that called on governments to "protect, promote and support breast-feeding" as well as another portion of the resolution that asked lawmakers to restrict promoting food that can be harmful to young children.

In the past several decades, scientific consensus has concluded that breast milk is ultimately healthier for children than infant formula, although not all parents are able to breastfeed. A 2016 study found that "the deaths of 823,000 children and 20,000 mothers each year could be averted through universal breastfeeding, along with economic savings of $300 billion [USD]."

But the popularity of breastfeeding can cut into sales of infant formula manufacturers, and companies who produce formula have a long history of interfering in international affairs to promote formula over breastfeeding at the expense of infant health.

The United States tried to halt the resolution by pressuring Ecuador, which initially sponsored it, by dropping out. When Ecuador refused to water down the resolution as the United States requested, according to the Times, the Trump administration threatened punishing trade measures and withdrawing military aid.

Ecuador gave in.

"What happened was tantamount to blackmail, with the US holding the world hostage and trying to overturn nearly 40 years of consensus on best way to protect infant and young child health," Patti Rundall, the policy director of the advocacy group Baby Milk Action, told the New York Times.

Several other countries backed away from sponsoring the resolution in fear of US threats. After two days of negotiation, Russia sponsored it.

"We're not trying to be a hero here, but we feel that it is wrong when a big country tries to push around some very small countries, especially on an issue that is really important for the rest of the world," a Russian delegate told the Times.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

"What happened was tantamount to blackmail, with the US holding the world hostage and trying to overturn nearly 40 years of consensus on best way to protect infant and young child health," Patti Rundall, the policy director of the advocacy group Baby Milk Action, told the New York Times.

Several other countries backed away from sponsoring the resolution in fear of US threats. After two days of negotiation, Russia sponsored it.

Thanks B/A...profits over people. Who would have guessed?  Excuse me...I have to turn up the volume on the radio......cause `Proud to be an American' is playing right now and if I listen to it long and hard I won't have to confront the reality that is overtaking the nation. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1