Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq seeks to buy 50 thousand tons of wheat in a global tender

Iraq seeks to buy 50 thousand tons of wheat in a global tender

2018-06-24

NRT

Iraq is seeking to buy 50,000 tonnes of American, Australian or Canadian wheat in a global tender, a source at the Commerce Ministry said on Sunday .

The source, who asked not to be named, said in a press statement today, June 24, 2018, that the deadline for submission of bids in the tender is the second of July, but the offers remain valid until the eighth of the same month .

European traders had previously disclosed that the Iraqi Grain Trade Company had bought about 100,000 tons of hard wheat in a tender, about 50,000 tons of the quantity from the United States and 50,000 tons from Australia .

R.

http://www.nrttv.com/Ar/News.aspx?id=1701&MapID=5

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Butifldrm...Does this mean what I think it does...

I'm not sure exactly and why they just didn't say the Dollars or SDR's, and why they didn't want to be named?  We will just have to wait and see. Maybe there is some new kind of Global currency we don't know about lol.  I just thought it was interesting.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Thanks Butifldrm...

13 hours ago, Floridian said:

What do you think it means?  WTO?

....Exactly...This just lays the ground work for RI back into the WTO...Iraq bacically has the ability to establish trade...as soon as they have an accepted sovereign currency...That has to be brought in at a true market rate...which the dinar has just about proven its ability to thrive on world markets...It's time to kick us all off this ride...Just stop the damn roller coaster and I can walk from here... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Thanks Butifldrm...

....Exactly...This just lays the ground work for RI back into the WTO...Iraq bacically has the ability to establish trade...as soon as they have an accepted sovereign currency...That has to be brought in at a true market rate...which the dinar has just about proven its ability to thrive on world markets...It's time to kick us all off this ride...Just stop the damn roller coaster and I can walk from here... 

If true then we have a window between now and July 8th?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, juliebug said:

the offer remains valid until the 8th of the same month... I don't know if it means anything to us, but its in the article.

...The dinar has been on a program designed to monitoring merging economies that are candidates to progress into Chapter 8 since the beginning of 2018...The dinar qualified with an amazing rate...The best time to make monetary change would being at the beginning of Q3 is what Dr. Shabibi stated....

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Thank you Skeetdog, always love your insights and thoughts.... Here’s to next week! I have most of the week off... it would be amazing to not have to go back to work the second week of July :) A true Independence Day week lol

yeah me too, share your drafted resign letter plz:eyebrows:

• Haha 1

...The dinar has been on a program designed to monitoring merging economies that are candidates to progress into Chapter 8 since the beginning of 2018...The dinar qualified with an amazing rate...The best time to make monetary change would being at the beginning of Q3 is what Dr. Shabibi stated....

The way I remember it is that Shabibi said the 1st Quarter, not the 3rd Quarter.

Too many accounting changes when you're that far into the year.

32 minutes ago, Vespa_Romeo said:

Dear Boss, it’s been great.... but not real great! Enjoyed making money here that I spent on some investments...... Remember in the Dominican when you and I had that convo as to how much money was FU money? Well it’s about time we had that FU Conversation...... consider this my 2 weeks :) 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Vespa_Romeo said:

Vespa.............I cannot over emphasis the importance of proper protocol when resigning your position........peeing on the boss's desk is to be the very last item to complete.

• Haha 3

Global Tender: is open to anybody from any part of the world to supply the required quantity and quality of materials.

IMO global tender is not about currency but its used to describe the marketplace .... cheers dv 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Dear Boss, it’s been great.... but not real great! Enjoyed making money here that I spent on some investments...... Remember in the Dominican when you and I had that convo as to how much money was FU money? Well it’s about time we had that FU Conversation...... consider this my 2 weeks :) 

What’s this fu money

can I invest in it still

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

The way I remember it is that Shabibi said the 1st Quarter, not the 3rd Quarter.

Islamic New Year 2018 in United States of America will begin in the evening of

Tuesday, September 11
and ends in the evening of
WednesdaySeptember 12
Dates may vary.

In this case, near the end of the Gregorian 3rd Quarter is the very beginning of the Islamic 1st Quarter. So, both the Gregorian and Islamic 3rd and 1st Quarters respectively can align for nominally 20 days in 2018.

I know. It gets confusing when You have to consider what Calendar they are talking about when they make their statements.

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth. CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time......................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!
:rodeo:   :pirateship:
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

If your recollection ( 1st not 3rd Quarter-per Shabbs ) be the real deal: would it then stand that  the further Iraq goes into the year, the accounting becomes too problematic, should we realistically expect 1st Quarter 2019 as a more likely target for a RI/RV ?

I know quite allot continues to be accomplished: it was also stated reforms would continue in earnest after the “ elections “ - perhaps my question is an imponderable owing to the fact we just never know what they’re going to do next.

Just hope they don’t take us down yet another Rabbit Hole that includes waiting til 2019.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

If your recollection ( 1st not 3rd Quarter-per Shabbs ) be the real deal: would it then stand that  the further Iraq goes into the year, the accounting becomes too problematic, should we realistically expect 1st Quarter 2019 as a more likely target for a RI/RV ?

I know quite allot continues to be accomplished: it was also stated reforms would continue in earnest after the “ elections “ - perhaps my question is an imponderable owing to the fact we just never know what they’re going to do next.

Just hope they don’t take us down yet another Rabbit Hole that includes waiting til 2019.  :tiphat:

That's what I remember - 1st Quarter.

However, since they are moving along so well with all they are accomplishing, I sure hope there is a way they are planning to do this no matter what time of year.

I honestly don't know what to expect.  I'm just saying don't be surprised if we do go into January, 2019.