Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BTI 2018 Iraq country report

1 hour ago, mr.unlikely said:

Thanks 3n1. DV is the only dinar website I visit. It has the best people and no BS. We may not agree on everything all the time but hey, who does. At least we can speak openly about things and rumors is awesome for guru bashing when needed lol. Who else does that? The mods are great, and tolerant to the right degree and the news hounds are second to none. This was literally my first news article posted and I'm happy to have this forum to bring it to. I hope we get off this ride soon and I hope I have the chance to meet everyone post RV.

mr. unlikely , i realize it is just one article in a sea of articles thats been read over the years but i like it none the less i sometimes visit https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2427 just to check the pulse of other people inside iraq about current happenings ( projects , industry , photography ect. in iraq , i'm always amazed that many of the pics that are posted are of late model vehicles on the road much newer than what's in my driveway and most are dressed better than what's hanging in my closet so i guess ( the haves ) all work for the goi , it seems 2 tenths of a penny would not yield what i'm viewing in the larger cities in iraq , the old cities and the destruction from the terrorist is saddening for sure and it is reflected by the citizens in the area ... not sure what to make of the research group article , it in a way aligns with the feasibility study done years ago stating at the time the iqd could support a 1.18 value or whatever it was .. Mods if the link was not allowed  please delete post .....  we wait cheers dv   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Climber7 I didn't mean to offend you. I just said what my dad said to me when I asked a question he knew I could find the answer to.

why are people's skin so thin these days? I was only practicing tough love, lol. I didn't fly off the handle either, I was laughing when I wrote that comment while picturing my dad talking to me. And I'm not offended by you insinuating I'm ignorant  even though I never insulted you. I realize that you don't know me either.

my skin is thick and I've been around for a while. I do however, recommend that when you have the time, you follow the link to BTI's website and read through the report. It's a long read but there is a lot of good info there. I actually thought that the reason you didn't comment sooner was because you were reading the report, lol

climber7 ya gotta learn to lighten up a little. We're all in this crazy thing together. You all are like family to me and I apologize if I talked to you like I would to my brother.

have a great afternoon,

Mr.Un

• Upvote 10

This is an old opinion piece written by BTI who ever they are. Probably one

of OKIE's friends. Shabibi was arrested because he said the CBI was independent of

the Gov and Maliki didn't like it. Maliki and his friends were making millions per month

with the the auction and did not anything to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

$1.71 in January of 2017.  It's now  a year and a half later.

Iraq has finished off ( for the most part ) ISIS, increased the central reserves, the price of oil has SKYROCKETED, the budget now has a surplus, a new government is near with Abadi in there for four more, Chapter 7 lifted, 90 days of 2%, they've received (and are receiving more of) repatriated monies from the Saddam era, ETC

I could be wrong, but I'd have to guess that by the standards that produced a $1.71 estimate, it's got to be worth well over the $2.00 mark by now.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Donziman said:

This is an old opinion piece written by BTI who ever they are. Probably one

of OKIE's friends. Shabibi was arrested because he said the CBI was independent of

the Gov and Maliki didn't like it. Maliki and his friends were making millions per month

with the the auction and did not anything to change.

Are we both reading the same article ? I never even came close to reading it like you have suggested Donziman. As well I don't really consider early 2017 as old either. I read the whole thing and saw any of those points you mention.

I don't know, maybe I should read it again. :shrug:

Thxs, pp

• Upvote 2

From the US Congressional SIGIR (Special Inspector General Iraq Reconstruction) report April 2012:

"In April 2012, the CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1. It is currently worth less than one tenth of a cent."

Another SIGIR stated the plan was to bring the dinar back to $1.19.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, fnbplanet said:

$1.71 in January of 2017.  It's now  a year and a half later.

Iraq has finished off ( for the most part ) ISIS, increased the central reserves, the price of oil has SKYROCKETED, the budget now has a surplus, a new government is near with Abadi in there for four more, Chapter 7 lifted, 90 days of 2%, they've received (and are receiving more of) repatriated monies from the Saddam era, ETC

I could be wrong, but I'd have to guess that by the standards that produced a $1.71 estimate, it's got to be worth well over the $2.00 mark by now.

:twothumbs:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carrello said:
From the US Congressional SIGIR (Special Inspector General Iraq Reconstruction) report April 2012:

"In April 2012, the CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1. It is currently worth less than one tenth of a cent."

Another SIGIR stated the plan was to bring the dinar back to $1.19.

Always good to see you bring stability to the table C. 🍺 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, stangernan said:

This is why no RV in 2012 https://www.iraqinews.com/features/urgent-7-year-prison-sentence-given-central-bank-head-sinan-al-shabibi/   Maliki wanted CBI funds and Dr shabibi said no ...CBI is independent  from Government Dr shabibi was cleared of all......

I remember it like it was yesterday :lol:

This is the way I remember it too.

"Maliki wanted CBI funds and Dr shabibi said no ...CBI is independent  from Government"

My post from page 2:

"Weren't we told, when Maliki put out an arrest warrant for Shabibi, that the reason was that Prime Minister Maliki wanted the Government to borrow money from the CBI and Shabibi would not allow it?  I'm pretty sure that's what we all read."

Edited by Floridian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

So, OK, here we are again with our undergarments all in a twist or somethin'. So maybe consider how not one of us has any control whatsoever in what is or what is going to happen with the speculative Iraqi Dinar investment. I suspect we all here have varying quantities of Iraqi Dinar. So, might as well let the events play out.

OK, I suspect I am the eternal optimist so maybe don't listen to me or read my posts. Good for You. Keep up the good work! My opinion is there is a lot of hoo ha going on right now and there are those who are tiring rapidly with all the shenanigans going on and will step in to make Iraq put their Big Boy Britches on and act like a Sovereign and Independent State like all the other countries have been trying to treat them. Iran IS NOT the answer so that option will very likely get the kibosh hopefully sooner rather than later.

Iraq is a highly strategic piece of real estate and untold riches. Iraq really needs the international trade and international entities really, really need Iraq to get going.

OK, enough of the eternal optimist.

We have a choice in general terms of Doris Day or REO Speedwagon. The choice is Yours.

So what'll be? Adrenaline Highs and subsequent Crash?

Are You going to:

• Let whatever happen, happen?
  • Ride The Storm Out?
  • Keep Pushin?
  • Roll With The Changes?

Maybe figure it out and get the undergarments untwisted and relax. Adrenaline Highs always have their subsequent Crash. Whatever is going to happen will happen. Remember - You can Tune a piano, but you can't Tuna fish or the Iraqis, either. They kinda stink don't You think? I think somebody(ies) will bring this home so maybe kick back and relax. I (or You) can't change it anyway so might as well enjoy!

In The Mean Time..............................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Floridian said:

This is the way I remember it too.

"Maliki wanted CBI funds and Dr shabibi said no ...CBI is independent  from Government"

My post from page 2:

"Weren't we told, when Maliki put out an arrest warrant for Shabibi, that the reason was that Prime Minister Maliki wanted the Government to borrow money from the CBI and Shabibi would not allow it?  I'm pretty sure that's what we all read."

Yup sorry didn't see page 2..... I went to isle 5 instead :) 

Edited by stangernan
  • Haha 2

Okay Synopsis, tell us what you really think!  I'm glad you weighed in on this. The report is almost a year and a half old. I guess my question is if BTI had it at 1.71 at 1/31/17, what is it at now?. I wish I could find it but I also remember the 2010 IMF report placing the value at tha time between .86-1.13. We see the report state Shabibi tried for 1.19 in 2012. Five years later BTI at 1.71. IMO it makes sense as they were gaining ground on ISIS and oil production is up over 1,000,000 bpd since then. Fast forward to the present and Isis has been dealt with ( at least for now). Banking reforms are nearing completion, oil production capacity is up around 4.5 million bpd andthey just had an election albeit a questionable one. Main point being a peaceful transition of power to the next regime. Lower denoms  have been printed ( on this one I'm speculating that the five trillion new high security notes that were spoken of recently are the small denominations)and the article that stated that the delete the zeros project would be implemented after the may elections. Given the trajectory of the currency value from those last three country reports, I don't think two dollars/dinar is that far of a reach.

i knew this report would get some play here, but this is the most fun I've had in a while😎💰💰💰 its great to see everyone engaged and as always, due your own due diligence. It's the only way to be truly informed. The only thing missing is the date that it will happen.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, mr.unlikely said:

Okay Synopsis, tell us what you really think!

:o       :o       :o

I didn't know I really think???!!!

:D       :D       :D

LOL!!!

:lmao:        :lmao:        :lmao:

You mention some really, really good points, Mr. Unlikely, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

So, now for what I REALLY Think.

I don't know.

What I do know is there is very, very solid reasons for getting Iraq up and running as a Peaceful, Sovereign, AND Independent State due to Iraq's strategic location AND immense wealth beyond just the crude oil that Iraq AND the rest of the world needs to stave off dire economic consequences. So, all the time and effort in getting it all right to meet both Iraq's and the rest of the world's needs and objectives.

Otherwise, why not just let Iraq languish in the Prehistoric/Stone Age? Who cares, really?

So, something is up with all the attention and there may be an opportunity here for some in this speculative Iraqi Dinar Investment. Like us.

Now for a little historical perspective for me getting into this speculative Iraqi Dinar investment.

I did some research when I found out about it in late 2010. I thought due to the information before me that this speculative Iraqi Dinar investment has some solid potential. Why all the UN Sanctions and things like EO 13303 as a steward to transition from Saddam Hussein to something else? Saddam was already executed by the time I found out about this investment so what is the hold up?

I think there is a lot of evidence right before our eyes. Iraq was so far behind and had about 12 years of sanctions before the 2003 invasion. Couldn't let this piece of real estate fall into the hands of the Iranians or some one else. Iraq was (and still is in some respects) in the Prehistoric/Stone Age banking and infrastructure with a lame economy. So, why even be interested in an ultra modern banking system in Iraq right down to the Iraqi citizen if Iraq did not have strategic and long term plans???!!!

Where is all the money going to come from to keep the Iraqis from Sectarian Violence and Civil War???!!!

I knew Iraq and news pertaining to Iraq would be all over the place until key objectives were in place that no one in our circles can imagine or contemplate. I just knew this was a waiting game until "SURPRISE!!!"!!! We're here!!!

Even now there is a lot of churn in Iraq. Nothing You, I, or anyone else can do about it. Speculate? Sure. We can all do that. I feel like (this is just me speaking) there are some key objectives for Iraq and there are a lot of entities that DO and DO NOT want to have happen. Unfortunately, we had eight years of reversals with Barry and Company that the damage still needs to be rectified but is likely being rectified in ways we can not see or know. In retrospect, I don't know if John and Sarah would have fared any better. I really think we are much better off with President Donald J Trump and his stance and actions with Iran are exceptionally telling. Once the sanctions kick in with Iran, I suspect Iran's influences in Iraq will take a nose dive. I think there are Iraqi Patriots in Iraq that can see the hand writing on the wall, too, so this silly government forming thing in Iraq will gain some "intelligence" and "foresight" real, real soon. Likely some keester kickers are going to "visit" Iraq and "encourage" them in what they are going to do.

Even the Naughty Saudis and "The coast MUST be CLEAR the French are HERE" are all into Iraq after a three decades old hiatus or something so something must be going on and likely good for us who just wait it all out.

In the mean time, might as well sit back and relax. When the RI/RV will occur or how the IQD rate is established is beyond whatever information we have before us. I just plan to see what happens and then project what I should do. Likely Adam and Company will have some pretty solid things to say for those invested in DinarVets services post event.

I am not schooled or learned in what is all out there but as far as I can tell, the services I have purchased here at DinarVets are exceptionally solid and i have a peace of mind with what DinarVets is offering.

Thank You Adam and all those helping us now and post event!!! :tiphat:

Well, OK, just my speculation, thoughts, opinions, and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!!

In The Mean Time...........................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6