Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BTI 2018 Iraq country report

$1.71 is fantastic.  "Sauce For The Goose " as Spock would say . The Special Investigator General reported to the US Gov. They had a rate of $ 1.19 some years ago . But could not move for because of Political Instability.  As for the hold up ? My small opinion ? Once pandora' s box is open you can't close it . Once this country and it's citizen reap their true wealth it will never be return to people like these corrupt politicians and leaders again . It's more than selfish individual greed . They are fighting to keep the country among their chosen few and not the people of Iraq and the World 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

All the news lately is curious. Trump just asked for $200 million for aide to Iraq. So why do they need a measly 200 million when they just spent over $21 billion to buy US treasury bonds?

It's good for US though, as China and Japan has said they will no longer buy any US debt.

• Upvote 2

One other thing I would like to add is that this report covers up to January 31 2017. It has been published since the end of October 2017. 

Funny never heard a peep from any guru on this. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, they don’t have a friggen clue what they are talking about? Kaperoni the goat the rat, Frank, Delta, Ray ren the whole lot of them are a bunch of booger eating morons. This should be a lesson to all of us. Do your own research and believe no one. Oh yeah I forgot Bulldog. It too.

Edited by mr.unlikely
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 7

So Maliki goes after Shabs in ‘12 because he doesn’t want the Gravy Train derailed. IMF/WB write the rules to the Global money game. The auctions are key to the corrupt monetary schemes. ( yea I know and other reasons ).

So how many people involved benefited from this IMF/WB currency manipulation since 2012 ?

• Upvote 4

Sorry if that offended you PP but I  brought the water to the horse. It's up to the horse to take a drink. I would encourage everyone to do their own due diligence in any investment or Anything for that matter. If Climber 7 doesn't believe whats in print, he/she should go research for themself. How is asking someone else enough proof to satisfy that question. I could say anything, it doesn't make it true. Own due diligence is the best way. I've been in this since 09 and seen and read so much guru poopoo and "intel" please forgive me if I was not polite enough for you in my response to a question from someone else who want somebody else to do the heavy lifting for them. I firmly believe that this is why the gurus exist, nobody wants to do the research. To be quite honest, my answer was quite restrained from my initial thoughts on the question. I brought this kind of information over from a credible research agency with a link provided and that's the response? Really?

i love this site and everyone on it, so I practiced a little tough love. my hope is that climber 7 will go and read through the report and decide if the news is credible. That's all.

on another note, where is Synopsis? I'd love to have his take on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

" In January 2012, the CBI raised the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to $1.19, causing a huge crisis that led the Supreme Judicial Council to issue an arrest warrant for CBI governor Sinan al-Shabibi in October 2012 on charges of corruption. "

Of course, I can't stop thinking about this, and something came to mind - Weren't we told, when Maliki put out an arrest warrant for Shabibi, that the reason was that Prime Minister Maliki wanted the Government to borrow money from the CBI and Shabibi would not allow it?  I'm pretty sure that's what we all read.  This report says that the CBI raised the exchange rate to $1.19 and that's why the arrest warrant was put out for Shabibi.

Also, it bothers me that we have never read, in all the thousands of articles, that the consensus was that the dinar was worth $1.71 in 2017. 

How come we dinar investors are not aware of these things?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Poker player I am glad you liked the post. This investment has everyone wore thin. I couldn't believe it when I read it so I read it like three or four more times then had to figure out how to post it her for all of you great people. It t is definitely a ray of hope in a sometimes bleak investment. It definitely put a smile on my wife's face at least for a second. She is the bigges skeptic I know lol

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Floridian said:

" In January 2012, the CBI raised the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to $1.19, causing a huge crisis that led the Supreme Judicial Council to issue an arrest warrant for CBI governor Sinan al-Shabibi in October 2012 on charges of corruption. "

Of course, I can't stop thinking about this, and something came to mind - Weren't we told, when Maliki put out an arrest warrant for Shabibi, that the reason was that Prime Minister Maliki wanted the Government to borrow money from the CBI and Shabibi would not allow it?  I'm pretty sure that's what we all read.  This report says that the CBI raised the exchange rate to $1.19 and that's why the arrest warrant was put out for Shabibi.

Also, it bothers me that we have never read, in all the thousands of articles, that the consensus was that the dinar was worth $1.71 in 2017. 

How come we dinar investors are not aware of these things?

Floridian I ask myself that about a hundred times since I posted this, this morning. I was in your neckmofnthe woods a couple weeks ago,too. Visited a buddy in Miami, should have brought an extra liver, lol

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mr.unlikely said:

Floridian I ask myself that about a hundred times since I posted this, this morning. I was in your neckmofnthe woods a couple weeks ago,too. Visited a buddy in Miami, should have brought an extra liver, lol

LOL LOL

Here is part of the "About Us" section of the report givers:

About us

The BTI results from an international analytical collaboration of almost 300 experts in top academic institutions around the world and local reporters in most countries.

In consultation with the BTI-team, they select their region’s country experts, guide, comment and coordinate the preparation of the country reports, calibrate the indicator scores for their respective region and have a most important role in conducting the interregional calibration of the BTI-results. They are also the authors of the regional reports, which form an essential part of each BTI-publication.

The BTI´s quality stands or falls with the quality and validity of the country reports, which constitute the backbone of all our assessments and scores.

I don't like the last sentence, knowing what we know about Iraq.

You think it's possible those the Iraqi scholars jacked up the worth of the dinar to bolster confidence in the dinar, or for whatever other reason they might think up?

• Upvote 1

Thanks 3n1. DV is the only dinar website I visit. It has the best people and no BS. We may not agree on everything all the time but hey, who does. At least we can speak openly about things and rumors is awesome for guru bashing when needed lol. Who else does that? The mods are great, and tolerant to the right degree and the news hounds are second to none. This was literally my first news article posted and I'm happy to have this forum to bring it to. I hope we get off this ride soon and I hope I have the chance to meet everyone post RV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, mr.unlikely said:

Poker player I am glad you liked the post. This investment has everyone wore thin. I couldn't believe it when I read it so I read it like three or four more times then had to figure out how to post it her for all of you great people. It t is definitely a ray of hope in a sometimes bleak investment. It definitely put a smile on my wife's face at least for a second. She is the bigges skeptic I know lol

My hubby is as well ( takes everything with a grain of salt anymore ) but at least this time he did not roll his eyes when he read the article, lol  :)  

Thanks again for the awesome find, as hubby say's " he just scored the big one " !!

pp

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

climber7 just asked politly a question. I don't feel your comment was deserving. I read the article several times myself and was not totally understanding it. This is turning into an exciting thread that you in fact started. Kudos to you, you deserve every purple trophy given and many more I say.

Please don't soil it with those types of comments. We are all tired of the brutally long wait for this to happen, and I do really thank you for posting this here as it has given me a small spring in my step going into the week end.  :) 

Just my :twocents:

pp

Thanks for the props PP--kindness goes wayyy further than rude ignorance.....

33 minutes ago, mr.unlikely said:

Sorry if that offended you PP but I  brought the water to the horse. It's up to the horse to take a drink. I would encourage everyone to do their own due diligence in any investment or Anything for that matter. If Climber 7 doesn't believe whats in print, he/she should go research for themself. How is asking someone else enough proof to satisfy that question. I could say anything, it doesn't make it true. Own due diligence is the best way. I've been in this since 09 and seen and read so much guru poopoo and "intel" please forgive me if I was not polite enough for you in my response to a question from someone else who want somebody else to do the heavy lifting for them. I firmly believe that this is why the gurus exist, nobody wants to do the research. To be quite honest, my answer was quite restrained from my initial thoughts on the question. I brought this kind of information over from a credible research agency with a link provided and that's the response? Really?

i love this site and everyone on it, so I practiced a little tough love. my hope is that climber 7 will go and read through the report and decide if the news is credible. That's all.

on another note, where is Synopsis? I'd love to have his take on this.

And to the part of "ignorance" --  there are way too many people that just fly off the handle without thinking or putting ANY consideration into what they are about to say first, and also almost NEVER consider the other person/people 

I was on my way out to work and didn't have time to do all that "heavy lifting" you accused me of being too lazy to do. Some of us have important things to do every day.  

If you only REALLY knew me you would never make that implication or have that attitude against me. 

Whatever happened to common decency and consideration and courtesy for others? Maybe you should consider doing some "heavy lifting" in the being considerate and common courtesy department before flying off the handle with accusations of someone you don't even know. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Thanks for the props PP--kindness goes wayyy further than rude ignorance.....

And to the part of "ignorance" --  there are way too many people that just fly off the handle without thinking or putting ANY consideration into what they are about to say first, and also almost NEVER consider the other person/people 

I was on my way out to work and didn't have time to do all that "heavy lifting" you accused me of being too lazy to do. Some of us have important things to do every day.  

If you only REALLY knew me you would never make that implication or have that attitude against me. 

Whatever happened to common decency and consideration and courtesy for others? Maybe you should consider doing some "heavy lifting" in the being considerate and common courtesy department before flying off the handle with accusations of someone you don't even know. 

I think we're all "on edge" these days.  This dinar dream is so near and yet, so far.

I, myself, keep going back and forth about it.

Starting to feel like a ping-pong ball.   :shrug:

Edited by Floridian
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 9