Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Planning announces the start of the work of standardization and quality control at border crossings

yota691

2 minutes ago, navira said:

Lol Floridian..I don't think that equates to 5 cents. Each currency has an allowable limit(if ur carrying USD, U have a max limit of 10,000 dollars, nothing exceeding that amount. On the other hand, iraqi dinars has a limit/max of 200,000 dinars. Cheers

Yes, which is$.05!  $.10 wud b 10,000 = 100,000, which is what I read?  At $.10, at least we hav movement, n kno something is happening!!!! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

After the article that Buti posted - 

"The new controls for declaring the funds when they are entered and removed across the Iraqi border"

I'm going to keep an eye on IATA to see if they change it from 100,000 to 200,000.

I remember when I first found that site, it originally said 200,000 dinars.  Then after a couple of weeks they changed it to 100,000 dinars and it has remained that way ever since, more than a year.  That's when I felt the dinar was going to come out a 10 cents and I was happy with that amount.  Now, this article that says 200,000 dinar.  I'm pretty bummed out because I was expecting more.  I guess I'll stew over it for awhile and then I'll get used to it and wait for it to float up.  😂

I absolutely HATE that Kaperoni seems to be correct about all this.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Floridian said:

After the article that Buti posted - 

"The new controls for declaring the funds when they are entered and removed across the Iraqi border"

I'm going to keep an eye on IATA to see if they change it from 100,000 to 200,000.

I remember when I first found that site, it originally said 200,000 dinars.  Then after a couple of weeks they changed it to 100,000 dinars and it has remained that way ever since, more than a year.  That's when I felt the dinar was going to come out a 10 cents and I was happy with that amount.  Now, this article that says 200,000 dinar.  I'm pretty bummed out because I was expecting more.  I guess I'll stew over it for awhile and then I'll get used to it and wait for it to float up.  😂

I absolutely HATE that Kaperoni seems to be correct about all this.

I remember when they wouldnt let us travel with more than 10,000 dinar back in 2010.  smuggling out my dinar was fun to say the least!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, navira said:

Lol Floridian..I don't think that equates to 5 cents. Each currency has an allowable limit(if ur carrying USD, U have a max limit of 10,000 dollars, nothing exceeding that amount. On the other hand, iraqi dinars has a limit/max of 200,000 dinars. Cheers

Sorry, I disagree.

200,000 dinars at 5 cents per dinar = $10,000

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

The entry and exit of the Iraqi currency into and out of Iraq is limited to the authorized limits of 200,000 Iraqi Dinars. In the event that an amount higher than that limit is transferred through a person, postal service, shipping service or any other means, Limit and complete the authorization form and send it to AML / CFT.”

We all know the CBI has been removed from AML / CFT List

Last week Iraq and Iran signed an agreement to use dinar or euro for bilateral trade

also the unification of customs between Kurdistan and Baghdad 

This is the just to control the amount of IQD into and out of Iraq 🇮🇶 

- to prevent money laundering and finance of terrorism

- to prevent drastic changes in the monetary mass

- to prevent Iran flooding the market with counterfeit IQD 

In my opinion this has nothing to do with the dinar exchange rate against the dollar.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

The entry and exit of the Iraqi currency into and out of Iraq is limited to the authorized limits of 200,000 Iraqi Dinars. In the event that an amount higher than that limit is transferred through a person, postal service, shipping service or any other means, Limit and complete the authorization form and send it to AML / CFT.”

We all know the CBI has been removed from AML / CFT List

Last week Iraq and Iran signed an agreement to use dinar or euro for bilateral trade

also the unification of customs between Kurdistan and Baghdad 

This is the just to control the amount of IQD into and out of Iraq 🇮🇶 

- to prevent money laundering and finance of terrorism

- to prevent drastic changes in the monetary mass

- to prevent Iran flooding the market with counterfeit IQD 

In my opinion this has nothing to do with the dinar exchange rate against the dollar.

Each country lets you bring in or out around $10,000 US in their currency.

Probably, as you say, because of money laundering and such.

But whatever amount they permit equals to $10,000 US.

And 200,000 dinar, as the amount they have just announced, equals $10,000 at a 5 cent rate per dinar.

BAGHDAD - The Customs Authority announced on Monday (February 18th, 2019) the new regulations for the declaration of funds when entering and removing them across the Iraqi border issued by the Central Bank of Iraq / AML / CFT.

Edited by Floridian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, dinarbeleiver said:

I wonder how companies like xchange of America and other dinar dealers get round taking 100,000 IQD out of the country

I believe if you have a legitimate business and fill out a lot of forms, you are allowed to take out a lot more, as your business may require.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Floridian,  I absolutely know you can lead me to this article.  Im VTW call me Vicky.  Believe me, I have been here every step of the way

for the last nine years.  Im the quiet type...lol  where does it US10,000/IQD100,000.  Please correct me if Im wrong.  That would hopefully start us at .10 cent float.  Or am I completely lost?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, vtw said:

Floridian,  I absolutely know you can lead me to this article.  Im VTW call me Vicky.  Believe me, I have been here every step of the way

for the last nine years.  Im the quiet type...lol  where does it US10,000/IQD100,000.  Please correct me if Im wrong.  That would hopefully start us at .10 cent float.  Or am I completely lost?

maybe this will help  https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/IQ-Iraq-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm#Import regulations

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Harmonization of customs tariff

Harmonization of customs tariff

Monday 18th February 16

Harmonization of customs tariff

Mohamed Sherif Abu Maysam

The enactment of the Customs Tariff Law No. 22 of 2010 was a national requirement to protect the local market from dumping goods and protecting the local product. However, this law did not come into force during the years following its legislation because of the confusion experienced by the country during those years.
When Dr. Haidar al-Abadi's government tried to apply it in early 2015, he faced the problem of non-compliance with the tariff at some of the border crossing points, which he called for the creation of checkpoints to carry out the task of checking and checking the documents of goods entering to verify the tariff between the border provinces, specifically the governorates of the region and neighboring governorates. Data were not available for serious application in the confusion of the country at the time.
Which made the rate of collection of the tariff does not reach 10 percent of the payments of funds that finance foreign trade daily through the sale of the dollar in the Central Bank of Iraq, as confirmed by several regulators through the media, as indicated by the members of the Finance Committee in the previous parliamentary session.
Last Thursday, the head of the border crossings authority announced that the tariff will be unified and applied across all border crossings, including the border ports of the Kurdistan region, as of the seventeenth of February this year in light of the decision of the Council of Ministers No. 13 after the workers of the General Authority of Customs with the Customs Authority After resolving the controversial issues between the government of the Territory and the federal government, and the Council of Ministers had approved in its meeting on 11 November last approval of the unification of tariff customs at all border crossings, including the Kurdistan region and facilitate the Traffic procedures and removal of controls and obstacles.
This procedure will certainly contribute to the protection of local products and will increase the revenues of the General Customs Authority, as well as the positive aspects related to the points adopted for auditing and ensuring that the tariff as in the control of the zero, which has raised a lot of work on its work and the effects it will leave Positive on the traffic at the entrances of major cities, specifically the capital, Baghdad. 
However, what is important in this application is the accuracy of the procedures at the border points that were outside the control of the Border Crossings Authority and the General Customs Authority, as well as the importance of controlling market movement and controlling prices in their legal contexts related to competition and antitrust.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtw said:

It's not an article.  It's at https://www.iatatravelcentre.com.   Under "currency info" select "Iraq".  Then go to "currency regulations".

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world's airlines, representing some 290 airlines or 82% of total air traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.  

I had hoped for 10 cents also, but now an article came out quoting the CBI that says people are allowed to bring in/take out (of Iraq) 200,000 dinars:

BAGHDAD - The Customs Authority announced on Monday (February 18th, 2019) the new regulations for the declaration of funds when entering and removing them across the Iraqi border issued by the Central Bank of Iraq / AML / CFT.

"The entry and exit of the Iraqi currency into and out of Iraq is limited to the authorized limits of 200,000 Iraqi Dinars. In the event that an amount higher than that limit is transferred through a person, postal service, shipping service or any other means, Limit and complete the authorization form and send it to AML / CFT. "
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Floridian said:

Each country lets you bring in or out around $10,000 US in their currency.

Probably, as you say, because of money laundering and such.

But whatever amount they permit equals to $10,000 US.

And 200,000 dinar, as the amount they have just announced, equals $10,000 at a 5 cent rate per dinar.

Thanks for your input Floridian,

I get your point my friend, and your calculations are correct  but what I’m saying is what will happen with the 200.000 IQD when CBI delete the 000 zeros.

When I wrote my first post, I was thinking in advance in how the

delete of the 000 process is going to affect the 200.000 IQD.

I’m going to continue thinking about it and the possibles outcome 

hope you get my point 

Go RV

Go $1:1

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Planning announces the start of the work of standardization and quality control at border crossings
  • TexasGranny locked this topic