Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 05/31/2018

yota691

5 hours ago, Joe Sutherland said:

Could this be one of the mechanisms used to get the citizens to open bank accounts?

Trading damaged dinars in for dinars deposited into their account... Basically a mandatory deposit to keep from forfeiting the value of the damaged dinars?

Thoughts?

Could be!  Maybe that's what they mean by this statement:

"It is noteworthy that a large number of damaged banknotes are still trading in the local markets, while the banks to return these securities again to the public after the deposit.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, navira said:

CBI pretty much controls the money...paying salaries to the PM and all ministers and employees...make the bank laws

Much like the Fed ,they don't have the money and are more about administration and policy . As far as I know the US is still in possession of the massive booty taken out of Iraq in 2003 . Some may have been doled out by the DFI ,but who really knows ? What I do know is all those tons and tons of gold and cash ,etc . ,belongs to the citizens of this beautiful country ,held in trust by our President Trump .

• Upvote 4

"the primary objectives of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) are to ensure domestic price stability and to foster a stable competitive market-based financial system. ... To implement the monetary policy and the exchange rate policy for Iraq ''.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Floridian said:

Could be!  Maybe that's what they mean by this statement:

"It is noteworthy that a large number of damaged banknotes are still trading in the local markets, while the banks to return these securities again to the public after the deposit.

My guess is that they are forcing the people to get that "chunky money" and the old beat up currency off the street. Force them to open bank accounts and do everything with C/C. Basically pulling in all the notes in circulation from the street. 

• Upvote 6

Chris2028, ive been wanting to see the minions, haha...hopefully i can watch it this week before this rv pops. Anyways, people have been waiting on suitable environment...i believe that CBI is making that statement to get peoples mind off or attention on CBI (what they are about to do). It works because people are focusing on pilitical debacles. I mean look what happened back in 1991 when kuwait had people lining up at the banks to exchange their currency....the country was in total disarray...there were oil fields burning off...no water...no electricy...think about that always...

• Upvote 1