Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Israeli hints bombarded the port of Beirut and Iraq

yota691

History of edits:: 2018/12/27 18:12  141 times readable
Planning Minister Reveals Plans to Strengthen Decentralized Governance and Iraq's Vision for Sustainable Development 2030
Baghdad: Minister of Planning Nuri Sabah al-Dulaimi announced on Thursday the effective plans to be implemented by the Wazirah next year to strengthen the decentralized administration of local governments to achieve the best services for citizens.
"The Minister of Planning met with the team of experts responsible for the preparation of the voluntary report for Iraq, which included Wafaa Al-Mahdawi, Kamel Al-Kanani, Adnan Yassin and Hassan Latif, whose report will be presented next year," the ministry said in a statement. The United Nations platform during the high-level political meeting, in the light of global trends to achieve the goals of sustainable development. " 
According to the statement, Dulaimi said during the meeting, which was attended by Undersecretary of the Ministry of Planning for Technical Affairs Maher Hamad, and the representative of the United Nations Development Program in Iraq, Dr. Sundus Abbas, "The ministry will launch a special platform for sustainable development in order to promote and promote the vision of Iraq 2030."
"The importance of the private sector, education and civil society organizations in the task of sustainable development, and the achievement of all means of international support and capabilities, to achieve the results felt by the Iraqi citizen in its daily reality in the coming days."
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2018

Sinjar administration calls for joining the Kurdish region administratively

9:16 AM  ADMIN  

http://www.iraqtradelinknews.com/2018/12/sinjar-administration-calls-for-joining.html

Nineveh/ Iraq TradeLink: The local administration of the disputed Sinjar area called the United
sinjar.jpg
Nations and the international community to end the presence of “illegitimate” armed groups there and for the join the Kurdish region administratively. 

The administration, in a press conference, called for the implementation of Article 140 of the Iraqi constitution in order to return to the Kurdish region
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to President of "UNAMI" report to Abdul Mahdi about her visit to Kurdistan
05-01-2019 02:09 PM

image.php?token=8f144c5535e35350a2541b707d3a8642&size=

Baghdad

The head of the UN mission in Iraq, 'UNAMI' Jinin Hines Balachkart, on Saturday, a report to the Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, the visit to the Kurdistan region and a number of areas during the first month to assume its mission in Iraq.

"The Prime Minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, received in his official office this morning the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations for the assistance of Iraq, Ms. Genein Hines Blaschart."

"I appreciate the humanitarian role played by the UN mission in Iraq and its support for the government's efforts to establish peaceful coexistence among Iraqis, establish security and stability throughout Iraq's provinces and return displaced people to their homes," he said. In its tasks'  

For its part, the representative of the Secretary-General stressed the 'support of the Iraqi government and support its plans and program, which focuses on stability and reconstruction and reconciliation and development of services', expressing' satisfaction with the situation of stability in Iraq and thanks for the cooperation and facilities provided by the government of the mission of the International Organization, Visit to the Kurdistan region and a number of areas during the first month to assume its mission in Iraq '.

• Upvote 3

885C6B23-3B51-4C99-A1B6-14BDBEB1CBFC-620

UNAMI renewed its suppor t for the Iraqi government

In policy  January 5, 2019 on UNAMI renewed its support for the Iraqi government closed  32 visits

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi on Saturday expressed his appreciation for the role played by the UNAMI mission in Iraq during a meeting with the UN Special Representative to Iraq, Jenin Blachkart .

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi received in his official office this morning the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations for the Assistance of Iraq, Jean-Heinz Blachkart, in which he expressed his appreciation for the humanitarian role played by UNMEE, The United Nations in Iraq and its support for the government's efforts to establish peaceful coexistence among Iraqis and to extend security and stability throughout the provinces of Iraq and return the displaced to their homes.

For her part, the representative of the Secretary-General confirmed the support of the Iraqi government and support its plans and program, which focuses on stability, reconstruction, reconciliation and development of services, and expressed its satisfaction with the situation of stability in Iraq and its thanks for the cooperation and facilities provided by the government to the mission of the international organization.

The UN official reviewed her visit to the Kurdistan region and a number of areas during the first month to assume her mission in Iraq .

Last September, the United Nations announced the appointment of former Dutch defense minister Jeanine Hines-Plasschart as its head of mission in Iraq to replace Slovakian Jan Kubic, who took office in 2015.

• Upvote 1

UNAMI's envoy confirms to Abdul Mahdi her support for the government in its program that focuses on stability, reconstruction and reconciliation

Editorial date: 2019/1/5 14:17  67 times read
UNAMI's envoy confirms to Abdul Mahdi her support for the government in its program that focuses on stability, reconstruction and reconciliation
The United Nations envoy to Iraq, UNAMI, has assured Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi of supporting the government in its program that focuses on stability, reconstruction and reconciliation.

"Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi received in his official office this morning the special representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations to help Iraq, Jenin Henness Blachkart," a statement from the office of Abdul-Mahdi said. 
"He expressed his appreciation for the humanitarian role played by the UN mission in Iraq and its support for the government's efforts to establish peaceful coexistence among Iraqis, establish security and stability throughout Iraq's provinces and return displaced people to their homes. 
For its part, the representative of the Secretary-General, according to the statement, "the support of the Iraqi government and support its plans and program, which focuses on stability and reconstruction and reconciliation and development of services," and expressed its satisfaction with the situation of stability in Iraq and thanked the cooperation and facilities provided by the government of the mission of the International Organization "
She also reported on her visit to the Kurdistan region and a number of areas during the first month to assume her mission in Iraq
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iran, UN discuss Iraq situation
_NEWS_DATE: 2019/1/6 22:16 ?? AÂ ¢ ?? A ??? ¢ 5 times readable
Iran, UN discuss Iraq situation
[Ayna - Follow-up] 
Iranian Ambassador to Baghdad Erge Musjedi and the new UN envoy in Iraq, Janine Henis Blagsgart, discussed the current developments in Iraq and the responsibilities of the United Nations in this country.
Referring to the large message of the United Nations and the representative of the secretary-general to help the Iraqi people, Musjedi called on Blassgart to reverse the facts related to developments in Iraq during his reports to UN officials and institutions. 
He welcomed Blagsgard's proposal to visit Iran and stressed the cooperation of both sides in the areas of supporting Iraq and its people. 
For his part, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations expressed its desire to strengthen cooperation and establish close contacts with the Iranian Embassy in Iraq and invited to be informed of the views of the Iranian ambassador on developments in Iraq and the region. 
She noted that she was fully informed about the close relations between the Iranian and Iraqi people and that she would like to visit Tehran at the earliest opportunity.
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, yota691 said:
_NEWS_DATE: 2019/1/6 22:16 ?? AÂ ¢ ?? A ??? ¢ 5 times readable
Iran, UN discuss Iraq situation
[Ayna - Follow-up] 
Iranian Ambassador to Baghdad Erge Musjedi and the new UN envoy in Iraq, Janine Henis Blagsgart, discussed the current developments in Iraq and the responsibilities of the United Nations in this country.
Referring to the large message of the United Nations and the representative of the secretary-general to help the Iraqi people, Musjedi called on Blassgart to reverse the facts related to developments in Iraq during his reports to UN officials and institutions. 
He welcomed Blagsgard's proposal to visit Iran and stressed the cooperation of both sides in the areas of supporting Iraq and its people. 
For his part, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations expressed its desire to strengthen cooperation and establish close contacts with the Iranian Embassy in Iraq and invited to be informed of the views of the Iranian ambassador on developments in Iraq and the region. 
She noted that she was fully informed about the close relations between the Iranian and Iraqi people and that she would like to visit Tehran at the earliest opportunity.

This is what you do when you've lost control of the situation on the ground. Problem is 

President Trump doesn't give a dang what the U.N. thinks. 

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to A UN official reveals to CNN the cost of corruption in Arab countries

A UN official reveals to CNN the cost of corruption in Arab countries

Khalid Abdul Shafi, Director of the Regional Center for Arab States at the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), told CNN about the high costs incurred by Arab countries for corruption, his vision of ways to combat it and the role of the United Nations.

Spread Thursday , 17 January 2019
  • Upvote 2

Iraq, UN mull stability project

UN logo

Secretary General of the Iraqi Council of Ministers Mahdi al Alaq met Sunday with Deputy Special Representative of the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) Marta Ruedas to discuss a project to restore stability to Iraq. 

The meeting also took up two drafts of documents submitted by the executive committee, as well as an upcoming development partners forum, a Cabinet statement said.

They also discussed preparations for a UN-Habitat conference to reconstruct the Iraqi city of Mosul. 

Ruedas said she reviewed the outcome of talks with the World Bank representative and donors supporting the Iraqi stability file. 

• Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq, UN mull stability project

MULL

" Think about (a fact, proposal, or request) deeply and at length.

‘she began to mull over the various possibilities’

‘the government is mulling an overhaul of outdated insurance laws’

They couldn't have chosen a better country for " Mull "-ing.
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Saleh accepts Ahmed Bashir's challenge and donates to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)

BAGHDAD / PRNewswire / - 

President Barham Saleh accepted on Monday the media challenge of Ahmed al-Bashir, saying he had donated to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). 

"I accepted Ahmad al-Bashir's challenge by donating to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)," Saleh said in a tweet via Twitter.

In a videotape defying President Barham Salih and MP Faiq al-Sheikh, Ahmed al-Bashir announced the donation to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

Challenge @ ahmedalbasheer1 accepted by donating to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees @UNICEFiraq @unitednations_arabic 

Lank Donation: https://t.co/6SnqMVc3C7 pic.twitter.com/lTv1xTwWo3

- Barham Salih (@BarhamSalih) January 21, 2019

@Maysanber's challenge was accepted by donating to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees @UNICEFiraq @unitednations_arabic and defied the President of the Republic Dr. Barham Saleh @BarhamSalih and MP Faiq Sheikh Ali @faigalsheakh 
Lank Donation: https://t.co/rvKf9kCgjf pic.twitter.com/EVaj64pzPC

- Ahmed al-Bashir (@ ahmedalbasheer1) January 19, 2019
  • Upvote 2

Despite the crises .. The United Nations expects the growth of the world economy in 2019

22/01/2019 11:09 AM | Number of readings: 82

Despite the crises .. The United Nations expects the growth of the world economy in 2019

The United Nations said it expects the world economy to grow 3 percent this year and by 2020 it is slightly below its 3.1 percent growth rate in 2018. But the United Nations said in its annual economic outlook report "The World Economic Situation and Prospects" that there is a need for urgent and concrete policy action to put the world on track towards achieving the United Nations' poverty eradication goals by 2030, according to Reuters. "There are a lot of yellow lights flashing, some of which will probably turn red in the years to come, with unpredictable consequences," said Richard Kozul Wright, director of the UNCTAD Division on Globalization and Development Strategies.

"Growth is fragile, there is still a huge blur, risks are on the horizon, we have not gotten rid of the repercussions of the financial crisis in 2008-2009, we are still in an unusual new situation."

Employment rates are rising, but job quality remains low, and much higher levels of economic growth are needed in Africa to lift people out of poverty, the report said.

More than 700 million people live below the extreme poverty line, set in 2011 at $ 1.90 per day, in purchasing power parity terms, and half in sub-Saharan Africa.

"In Africa, there is a need to raise economic growth to double-digit levels to reach targeted poverty reduction rates, well above the growth rates recorded over the last 50 years," the report said. "There are risks associated with slowing growth in Germany and China, the Italian banking system, Britain from the European Union, and the fact that the world economy is still burdened with debt ten years after the global financial crisis.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The same folks that manufactured the “ Crisis “ ( of course they deflect & Fingers point everywhere else ), are telling us they’re going to fix it etc. etc. etc. 

Its the way the stay in power and retain economic leverage on a Global Population. It’s as insidious as it gets.

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to The arrival of the representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq to Mosul
28-01-2019 10:40 AM

image.php?token=f1496b3645b54e4830ffebbb0514faa0&size=

Baghdad

A source in Ninewa province said Monday that UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan's representative in Iraq, Janine Hennes Plachkart, arrived in the city of Mosul this morning.

The source told the news that 'the representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jenin Hines Balashkart arrived in the city of Mosul this morning.'

He added that 'Plaschart arrived at the head of a delegation from UNAMI to the headquarters of the Diwan of Nineveh province, and then will tour the city'.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, yota691 said:
28-01-2019 10:40 AM

image.php?token=f1496b3645b54e4830ffebbb0514faa0&size=

Baghdad

A source in Ninewa province said Monday that UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan's representative in Iraq, Janine Hennes Plachkart, arrived in the city of Mosul this morning.

Y

António Guterres is the current Secretary-General of the United Nations, Kofi hasn’t been for many years so not sure if this is a recycled article or a current one with wrong info.

The source told the news that 'the representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jenin Hines Balashkart arrived in the city of Mosul this morning.'

He added that 'Plaschart arrived at the head of a delegation from UNAMI to the headquarters of the Diwan of Nineveh province, and then will tour the city'.

• Upvote 2

No HCL, Iranian militias running around unchecked, Article 140 still not implemented, Iranian influence in the GOI still a big problem, the GOI on 5 Week ( recess ( what a joke ), Auctions still going strong. 

I don’t see a RI/RV anytime soon-go ahead and slap a ruby on me, but come to the table with proof I’m wrong. I would love to be proven wrong. Not trying to throw water on this, just being realistic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

No HCL, Iranian militias running around unchecked, Article 140 still not implemented, Iranian influence in the GOI still a big problem, the GOI on 5 Week ( recess ( what a joke ), Auctions still going strong. 

I don’t see a RI/RV anytime soon-go ahead and slap a ruby on me, but come to the table with proof I’m wrong. I would love to be proven wrong. Not trying to throw water on this, just being realistic. 

I'm thinking 2020 or maybe even 2021. This new parliament is just as worthless as the one before.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Yep, I could not agree more 10. This has turned into one disappointment after another, year after year after year.

I am rapidly / daily loosing my enthusiasm on this Sh**e show.

Hopefully, I am proven wrong but I'm not counting on Iraq, to do anything different in my life time.

IMHO - Iraq has become the true definition of insanity = Coming here time and time again, hoping to see a glimmer of positive action yet it is the same ol' same ol', :bs:  coming out of Iraq, day after day.

Thanks to all for letting me vent my frustrations, sincerely ................. I think, I feel better after my rant :rolleyes:

Semper Fi:salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Hotcurl said:

Yep, I could not agree more 10. This has turned into one disappointment after another, year after year after year.

Hopefully, I am proven wrong but I'm not counting on Iraq, to do anything different in my life time.

IMHO - Iraq has become the true definition of insanity = Coming here time and time again, hoping to see a glimmer of positive action yet it is the same ol' same ol', :bs:  coming out of Iraq, day after day.

Thanks to all for letting me vent my frustrations, sincerely ................. I think, I feel better after my rant :rolleyes:

:salute:Back atcha-Only this Corrupt mob of goons could rack up, excel & wallow for 15 Years of FUBAR’s & SNAFU’s ..... and love every minute of it. Crisis ... what Crisis ? This is the way they like it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Vent away my girl ++++++ to cover the foolish ruby. :D We all do it from time to time...

1 hour ago, Hotcurl said:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hotcurl said:

I totally understand your disappointment and frustration. I, as well as everyone on this site feel it too. 

Truth is we can forget the 8 years when Maliki was PM; he wasn’t going to do one thing correctly for the RV to happen and we can forget the years that ISIS was in control of 1/3 of the country. So, about 11 years totally wasted. I didn’t see any real progress of getting  items done to facilitate the RV until the IMF and World Bank stepped in and Abadi became PM. 

Shoot, when I bought my first Dinar in March, 2010, I was so “lucky” that my certified check arrived at Dinar Trade before the RV!! 

I have felt for the past several months that it will be at least 2020 before we see the RV. I just don’t see things being accomplished sooner than that. I will be delighted to be wrong and would love for it to happen tomorrow. 

Even though I totally believe the Iraqi Dinar will RV one day, I don’t think anyone has any idea as to when. 

Frustrating??  You dang right because I need it and want it before I die or get too darn old to enjoy it. But no guarantee I will get what I want and need. 😏😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq visits Nineveh

Mosul / Shorouk Maher 

Nineveh Provincial Council announced the arrival of the UN Secretary-General in Jenin, Janine Haines, to the city of Mosul at the head of a delegation from UNAMI, while the University of Mosul, the reconstruction of new sections after the bombing by the gangs of terror. 
"The visit included a field tour in the old Mosul with the delegation to see the extent of the damage caused by the terrorist gangs," the deputy governor of Nineveh province, Hassan al-Alaf, told Al-Sabah. "The Mosul will witness great reconstruction with the restoration of the infrastructure and the return of displaced people. Back to her. " On the other hand, revealed the University of Mosul, the reconstruction of new sections after the bombing by the gangs of the terrorist. "The engineering and technical staff of the University of Mosul, in cooperation with the municipality of Mosul, has completed the construction of new sections on the campus in different faculties, including the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering," said the official of the reconstruction project of these sections Jafar Ali. Engineering has begun to rebuild 5 new laboratories belonging to the faculties of science and pharmacy within the university «. 
In addition, life has returned to the oldest market in the old city of Mosul, and work has been fully resumed by shop owners. 
"More than 600 shops have been brought back to work inside the Sargakhana market with the garage, restaurants and cafeterias in the same market, after the absence of three years in the wake of the bombing by terrorist gangs during the liberation operations," said the deputy mayor of Mosul, Zuhair al-Araji. »The engineering cadres in the municipal and municipal administrations of Mosul reconstructed these shops from the amounts of reconstruction of infrastructure to restore life to old Mosul again». 

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Israeli hints bombarded the port of Beirut and Iraq
  • Adam Montana locked this topic