Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I never know?

I don't follow all of this as closely as some........I know in the States the Washington Post and New York Times are suspect in their reporting........Is the Baghdad Post similar??

Here are two articles from today........is this real?.....

Both are concerning......terrorist explosion kills 20 in Baghdad........Abadi will not be considered for PM..........Thoughts?

Thanks CL

=====================================================================================

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/27688/20-killed-injured-in-Baghdad-cafe-bombing

20 killed, injured in Baghdad cafe bombing

May 24 2018 03:25 PM
20 killed, injured in Baghdad Cafe bombing
20 killed, injured in Baghdad Cafe bombing

At least four people were killed and several others wounded when a suicide bomber struck a cafe in Baghdad where people had gathered after breaking their daily Ramadan fast, police said Thursday.

"A suicide bomber blew up his explosive belt while he was surrounded by police near a public garden in Al-Shoala district," a mainly Shiite northern neighbourhood of the capital, a security forces statement said.

Image1_5201824152350530579892.png

A police source said four people had been killed and 16 others wounded in the overnight bombing, including members of the security services

Image2_5201824152350530579892.png

Images from the scene circulated on social media showed police vehicles with their bodywork damaged and windows blown out.

Image4_5201824152350530579892.png

Images from the scene circulated on social media showed police vehicles with their bodywork damaged and windows blown out.

=====================================================================================================

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/27684/Abadi-not-among-four-names-floated-for-premiership-post-Sources

Abadi 'not' among four names floated for premiership post: Sources

May 24 2018 08:32 AM
Haider Abadi
Haider Abadi

Abadi will not be among the names tapped for Iraq premiership post, sources told The Baghdad Post.
According to them, Moqtada al-Sadr, who came in first in the Iraqi elections, will meet with cleric al-Sistani and reveal the four names tapped for the post.
"One of the nominees is a senior military commander, and the three other nominees don’t include Abadi," the sources noted.
Sadr came in the lead in Iraq legislative elections held last May 12th. The elections saw massive fraud and low turnout. 
Shia forces have been seeking to consolidate grip on the violence-shattered nation through this election. 

• Upvote 1

Here's an article that says the opposite of the one you found.  I hope mine is true, but you never know with so many contradictory articles in Iraq.

Al-Nasr coalition denies withdrawals from him and confirms:  Abadi preferred for second term

May 24, 2018

Political Since 2018-05-24 at 13:22 (Baghdad time)

image-1536.jpg?w=800&h=450

Baghdad – Mawazine News

The coalition of victory led by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, on Thursday, denied the allegations of withdrawals from him, while stressing that Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, the favorite of the second term at the head of the government.

The coalition spokesman Hussein al-Adli said in a statement received by “Mawazine News” that “the competition and the conflict of agendas behind the allegations of the withdrawal of members of the victory and their joining other lists,” adding that “the coalition of victory and cohesive and successful understandings to form the largest bloc.”

He added that “all the news that suggest Abadi’s withdrawal or the nomination of an alternative to him is not true, which is a well-known source and agenda,” stressing that “Abadi is still the favorite of the second term.”

It is noteworthy that the media quoted a news group about the withdrawal of parliamentary bloc of virtue of the alliance victory and its joining the coalition of the rule of law led by Nuri al-Maliki.

http://www.mawazin.net/%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%AA%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%B5%D8%B1-%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%85%D9%86%D9%87-%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%A4%D9%83%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%88%D9%81%D8%B1-%D8%AD%D8%B8%D8%A7-%D9%84%D9%84%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AB%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chris2028 said:

Image result for Fake News meme

This pic says to me: “ You have me so FREAKING MAD at the level of Stupidity I see standing in front of me, that, ‘ OH YEAH YOU’RE SO GOSH DAMN FIRED ‘ but FIRST, I’m gonna give you one of my famous Proct-TRUMP-tologies ! Assume the position! ! ! !  

Anyone wanna take a stab at it ? . . . This pic is priceless 

• Haha 3