Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

May 18, 2018 - Articles

umbertino

Lee Iacocca, auto executive who helped create Ford Mustang, dies aged 94

American business icon dies of complications from Parkinson’s, his daughter tells Washington Post

Guardian staff and agencies

Wed 3 Jul 2019 03.38 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/02/lee-iacocca-dies-94-auto-executive-mustang

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Lee Iacocca, auto executive who helped create Ford Mustang, dies aged 94

American business icon dies of complications from Parkinson’s, his daughter tells Washington Post

Wed 3 Jul 2019 03.38 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/02/lee-iacocca-dies-94-auto-executive-mustang

Truly a brilliant man...

B/A

• Thanks 1

California braced for more aftershocks after 7.1 magnitude earthquake

• Powerful tremor strikes 125 miles north of Los Angeles
  • Communities already assessing damage from 4 July quake
  •  

Sat 6 Jul 2019 14.46 BST First published on Sat 6 Jul 2019 00.37 BST

Vid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/05/southern-california-ridgecrest-earthquake-aftershocks-damage

Inside the Luxembourg free port storing riches for the super-wealthy

Depending on who you speak to, Le Freeport is a high-security storage facility or a money-laundering risk

Jennifer Rankin in Luxembourg

Sat 6 Jul 2019 07.00 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/06/inside-the-luxembourg-free-port-storing-riches-for-the-super-rich

Tigers kill Italian tamer as parliament mulls ban on circus animals

All eight of the circus’s tigers were impounded by police after tamer Ettore Weber was mauled to death

Reuters

Sat 6 Jul 2019 00.55 BST

2623.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=540b969d0b70c3d814fcfdba6fcecafe
Italian animal welfare groups have called for parliament to speed up legislation on a ban on circus animals after a tamer was mauled to death by four tigers
Photograph: Ben Birchall/PA

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

Pamplona bull-run festival steps up protection for women

More police and app for reporting abuse introduced as tourists descend on Spanish town to watch bulls and party

Stephen Burgen in Barcelona

Sun 7 Jul 2019 11.17 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/07/pamplona-bull-run-festival-steps-up-protection-for-women

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_of_the_bulls

• Downvote 1

Megan Rapinoe on the spot as USA beat Netherlands to win Women’s World Cup

Suzanne Wrack at the Stade de Lyon

Sun 7 Jul 2019 17.54 BST

3500.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=b17a0128e60e795b6f513abb893c0769
United States players celebrate winning the Women’s World Cup
Photograph: Bernadett Szabó/Reuters

Rose Lavelle celebrates with Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe after doubling the USA’s lead.
Rose Lavelle celebrates with Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe after doubling the USA’s lead
Photograph: PA Wire/PA

Congrats!!!
  • Downvote 2

Global population of eight billion and growing: we can’t go on like this

World Population Day will mark a global crisis – one that is best tackled by more access to birth control, particularly in Africa

Sun 7 Jul 2019 08.00 BST Last modified on Sun 7 Jul 2019 15.09 BST

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Unbelievebale...I post about US female soccer team World Cup victory, I then add " congrats" and the (usual) one does neg me.....Might be deemed as an anti-American neg......Just as he negs article on Cali earthquake

The man is a hater......He doesn't even look at  or care about the content of an  article...He sees "umbertino" and he just negs away as if therere's no tomorrow....That's stupid and senseless

For this weirdo, my name already is motive for negging ( no matter the kind of content)......Some people, man.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

Unbelievebale...I post about US female soccer team World Cup victory, I then add " congrats" and the (usual) one does neg me.....Might be deemed as an anti-American neg......Just as he negs article on Cali earthquake

The man is a hater......He doesn't even look at  or care about the content of an  article...He sees "umbertino" and he just negs away as if therere's no tomorrow....That's stupid and senseless

For this weirdo, my name already is motive for negging ( no matter the kind of content)......Some people, man.....

don't know who or why you were negged.....but ur reputation as anti-American didn't just "poof" from the sky.....its well deserved from articles you've presented over the years.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Maybe if they acted more American instead of disrespecting America more people would give them the respect they think they earned.

Whatever...Still  IMHO it's got ZERO to do with negging articles on US team victory, Cali. earthquake. etc....I honestly can't see the point in still justifying that attitude...The person is just dead wrong in negging those non-political articles...Period....

One should simply acknowledge this very fact if one is intellectually honest...No matter if one is right, center or left wing

About the Politics...Ok...I kinda accept that.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Sorry Umbertino, I was responding to a comment BA made. No offense intended. 

Thanks for the positive input about our team. :)

I'm the one who is sorry if I happened to misunderstand you, nstoolman...

Anyway....I recall a post from Shedagal ( she got a pic of Trump so she is certainly not left wing)  of  months ago where she was very brave in admitting that attacking me ( and others) for the sole reason/ "guilt"  of my personal political stance didn't make much sense ( among adults at least)....I did appreciate her a whole lot of course...I do recall her post being very much negged.....

Edited by umbertino

7 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Whatever...Still  IMHO it's got ZERO to do with negging articles on US team victory, Cali. earthquake. etc....I honestly can't see the point in still justifying that attitude...The person is just dead wrong in negging those non-political articles...Period....

One should simply acknowledge this very fact if one is intellectually honest...No matter if one is right, center or left wing

About the Politics...Ok...I kinda accept that.....

hmmm freedom of speech just flew out the window according to Umbertino. Well I guess if ur a proponent of communism then its a normal reaction

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, umbertino said:

I'm the one who is sorry if I happened to misunderstand you, nstoolman...

Anyway....I recall a post from Shedagal ( she got a pic of Trump so she is certainly not left wing)  of  months ago where she was very brave in admitting that attacking me ( and others) for the sole reason/ guilt  of my political stance didn't make much sense....I did appreciate her a whole lot of course...I do recall her post being very much negged.....

sometimes people react do to guilt by association

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, caz1104 said:

don't know who or why you were negged.....but ur reputation as anti-American didn't just "poof" from the sky.....its well deserved from articles you've presented over the years.

For the zillionth time....I am not anti-American....

You sound like those saying that if one criticizes Israel Politics then  he / she is anti-Israel....That's not how it works, sorry...

You criticize the Politicians and their Policies, not the Country and the People......

I have my political ideas and stances just like you and everybody else....There is not a law ( yet) forcing all of us to think and like the same things......Thank God for that....

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

For the zillionth time....I am not anti-American....

You sound like those saying that if one criticizes Israel Politics then  he / she is anti-Israel....That's not how it works, sorry...

You criticize the Politicians and their Policies, not the Country and the People......

I have my political ideas and stances just like you and everybody else....There is not a law ( yet) forcing all of us to think and like the same things......Thank God for that....

I criticize America constantly via the Guardian.....buttttt I'm not anti- American...................uhhhhh rrrrrrright - LOL!!!!!! Im sure you've heard the saying "leopards can't change their spots" fits perfectly here. You can try as u will.......but the proof is in the pudding. And no one says you have to think with the sane......just own what you believe

Edited by caz1104
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, umbertino said:

not so much about you dude.

it is your #1 news source. 

Guardian=NEG

you might want to get over yourself.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2