Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Israeli forces kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – as it happened

The Guardian view on Gaza shootings: stop killing unarmed civilians

Channelling a reckless Donald Trump, Israeli ministers appear to have adopted a dangerous mindset: to destroy the national aspirations of the Palestinians by military force

Mon 14 May 2018 18.28 BST Last modified on Tue 15 May 2018 09.12 BST

Editorial

5464.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=8ccbc57a6ee71b5e27193a480ca4d901
A relative of Palestinian Mahmoud Abu Taima, who was killed during a protest at the Israel-Gaza border, mourns during his funeral
Photograph: Said Khatib/AFP/Getty Images

• Downvote 2

Gazan Writer: Protesters Are Seeking Freedom from World’s Largest Concentration Camp

May 15, 2018

https://www.democracynow.org/2018/5/15/gazan_writer_protesters_are_seeking_freedom

“The Disaster of My Life”: Nakba Survivor on the Day Israelis Bombed & Invaded His Village in 1948

May 15, 2018

https://www.democracynow.org/2018/5/15/the_disaster_of_my_life_nakba

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 2

• Markinsa changed the title to Guardian News 05/14/18 - 05/15/18
3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Cheers to you for a positive message... Of course some will still come by just to hate, which is a real shame.

B/A

Let's not confuse HATE in any way with confronting STUPIDITY emanating from the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS with REASON exercised by the CARING of TRUE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA PATRIOT CITIZENS that the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS, well with obvious responses, HATE.

The sensitive eyes and feelings of the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS will not differentiate between capitalization used for emphasis here from anger, shouting, or just being plain upset. Get over it and SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP! The capitalization is used for emphasis ONLY!

Basic comprehension would easily and wholly verify what I have witnessed without exception, "When REASON is foregone then INSANITY is inevitable".

REASON would reveal without hesitation or any obscurity whatsoever that exercising Personal Acknowledgement, Personal Responsibility, and Personal Ownership is an exceptionally disciplined and necessary obligation for every individual without regard to services or monetary aid from ANY Government OR Government Function for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness provided by COMMON SENSE. INSANITY (along with their HATE) then emanates from the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS seeking their own personal benefit at others' expense directly and/or some Government or Government Function when confronted with REASON demonstrating the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS have no LOVE of REASON or COMMON SENSE but LOVE Personal Ignorance, Personal Irresponsibility, and Government Ownership.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/declaration-transcript

Obviously, the future "Course of human events" is best guided by REASON and COMMON SENSE chosen by TRUE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA PATRIOT CITIZENS instead of INSANITY chosen by the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS.

Excerpt from Common Sense, written in 1776 by Thomas Paine

I do not choose to be a common man.
It is my right to be uncommon … if I can.
I seek opportunity … not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
Humbled and dulled by having the State look after me.
I want to take the calculated risk,
To dream and to build. To fail and to succeed.
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
The thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
I will not trade freedom for beneficence
Nor my dignity for a handout
I will never cower before any master
Nor bend to any threat.
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid;
To think and act for myself,
To enjoy the benefit of my creations
And to face the world boldly and say:
This, with God’s help, I have done.
All this is what it means to be an Entrepreneur.

https://www.utdallas.edu/~tfarage/blog/FavoriteQuotes/IDoNotChooseToBeACommonManByThomasPaine.html

REASON directly reveals that enduring causes are to be identified and applied whereas INSANITY hotly endeavors to gain temporal personal benefit at the expense of others and lasting benefit for all. Hence, "the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation". REASON has no commonality with INSANITY.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/declaration-transcript

I chose to exercise REASON with all associated COMMON SENSE to stand with TRUE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA PATRIOT CITIZENS and get their sixes as my "Guard for their future security" in spite of the INSANITY emanating from the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS who mislabel CARING confrontation with HATE and seek to reinstill the causes for which the Declaration Of Independence was implemented.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Let's not confuse HATE in any way with confronting STUPIDITY

That's total BS. You know as well as I, that there are people who simply attack to make themselves seem less pathetic. If you don't like something posted or someone's posting on certain subjects, you have the power to edit your viewing. Many people don't like the rumors put up. You can take advantage of your god given right to ignore it. If you don't like CNN or FOXNEWS don't tune in... But to be ugly without purpose serves no purpose other than trying to inflate your own ego... Now when I say "you" I'm not talking about you directly Synop. I'm using "you" in the collective manner... Meaning any of us. There are posts put up that I simply pass by because I know for me personally, they either are not interesting or are useless in my daily life... I suggest people who find a post or poster useless to them, they pass by and keep on going. I know not all people have the ability to edit themselves or what they expose themselves to, but most people do have that ability. All of us have the right to post what we want as long as it is not vulgar, or indecent, and all of us have the right to disagree on an adult level, but to bash only for the sake of bashing is childish and contributes nothing.   JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

39 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

That's total BS. You know as well as I, that there are people who simply attack to make themselves seem less pathetic. If you don't like something posted or someone's posting on certain subjects, you have the power to edit your viewing. Many people don't like the rumors put up. You can take advantage of your god given right to ignore it. If you don't like CNN or FOXNEWS don't tune in... But to be ugly without purpose serves no purpose other than trying to inflate your own ego... Now when I say "you" I'm not talking about you directly Synop. I'm using "you" in the collective manner... Meaning any of us. There are posts put up that I simply pass by because I know for me personally, they either are not interesting or are useless in my daily life... I suggest people who find a post or poster useless to them, they pass by and keep on going. I know not all people have the ability to edit themselves or what they expose themselves to, but most people do have that ability. All of us have the right to post what we want as long as it is not vulgar, or indecent, and all of us have the right to disagree on an adult level, but to bash only for the sake of bashing is childish and contributes nothing.   JMHO

B/A

One of the best ( as far as I recall) common sense posts I have ever seen....

Thanks, B/A

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

More INSANITY from the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS that is REALLY ugly as well.

Priceless.

BostonAngler, when is ANYONE going to be able to interact with You based on REASON and COMMON SENSE?

ANYONE?

Ever?

And then You, BostonAngler, are so surprised and displeased when people respond to You the way they do with REASON and COMMON SENSE?

:shakehead:               :shakehead:               :shakehead:

:facepalm2:       :facepalm2:       :facepalm2:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What's the point of trying to satisfy opposing viewpoints, Umbertino?....see where taking the high road gets you these days....Some people were born to hate, and they weakly disguise it as some sort of profound protection force for good against evil, using and reusing mindless drivel in incoherent prattle.  I respect your decision in attempting satiate the mob.....too bad it didn't work out.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

What's the point of trying to satisfy opposing viewpoints, Umbertino?....see where taking the high road gets you these days....Some people were born to hate, and they weakly disguise it as some sort of profound protection force for good against evil, using and reusing mindless drivel in incoherent prattle.  I respect your decision in attempting satiate the mob.....too bad it didn't work out.

GO RV, then BV

Right you are, my Friend.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

More INSANITY from the PEANUT GALLERY OCCUPANTS AND PARTICIPANTS and CRIMINALS that is REALLY ugly as well.

Priceless.

When is ANYONE going to be able to interact with You based on REASON and COMMON SENSE?

ANYONE?

Ever?

And then You are so surprised and displeased when people respond to You the way they do with REASON and COMMON SENSE by Your responding to them in Your disdain, contemptuous, and sarcastically cheeky manner?

17 minutes ago, umbertino said:

One of the best ( as far as I recall) common sense posts I have ever seen....

Thanks, B/A

More INSANITY that has no REASON or COMMON SENSE.

The HATRED for REASON and COMMON SENSE is unreal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

years ago I mixed bleach and ammonia to scrub the kitchen floor.......I wanted to make sure the floor was clean so my mother would be happy. Well, the floor was sure clean after the fire department aired the house out and cleaned the floor up........Not one of my better ideas. 

Karsten

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Priceless.

BostonAngler, when is ANYONE going to be able to interact with You based on REASON and COMMON SENSE?

That's funny Synop. You ask if anyone can interact with me based on reason and common sense, but look at your opening sentence. Is that reasonable? I interact with many people on a daily basis, and the only ones who cannot have serious discussions without name calling and false accusations seem to be brainwashed party supporters... I don't care if they are on the left or the right. People who pledge their allegiance to a party cannot not participate with either common sense or reason. They just cannot take truth if it doesn't align with what they have been told by their masters. My statement above was about editing yourself to not read or watch things which are offensive or not to your liking. To bash like your first sentence, only for the sake of bashing simply proves the point I was making. You obliviously don't enjoy my perspective, so why torture yourself? Just pass on by and enjoy your day without getting upset by reading something that makes you crazy. It seems to me that you are happy with the current administration and the direction our government is going. I am not happy with the current administration or the left wing opposition. To me both parties are destroying our country and as long as people blindly vote liberal or conservative nothing will change or improve. It's not the politicians who are stupid, it is the people who vote them in.... JMHO

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

• Markinsa changed the title to Israeli forces kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – as it happened