Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Announcement of the largest bloc

yota691

2 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Hi mylilpony, trust you are doing well.  :tiphat:

Hey chuckFinley, i am hanging in there. I see you are out of bed and having another nightcap ...lol... hope things are going well for you too. I sure hope these new guys get the ball rolling we sure could use some good news along with the iraqi people. Good to see ya.. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pitcher said:

KNew Iraq president asks Shiite once tied 

The KDP’s nominee was Fuad Hussein, who served as chief of staff for the former Kurdish regional president Masoud Barzani.

Born in 1960 in the northern city of Sulaimaniyah, Salih joined the PUK in 1976 and later worked in its foreign relations department in London. He studied at Cardiff University and the University of Liverpool.

He held various posts in the Iraqi government after the 2003 invasion, including planning minister and deputy prime minister, and from 2009 to 2011 he served as prime minister of the Kurdish region.

Last year, he broke away from PUK following the death of the party’s founder, Jalal Talabani, a former Iraqi president. Salih formed an opposition party, but returned to the PUK to be its nominee for president.

Two Shiite-led blocs have emerged since the May elections, both of which claim to have the most seats and therefore the right to form a government. One is led by the current prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, and includes supporters of the populist Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, whose followers won the most votes in the election. The other bloc includes state-sanctioned militias, many of which are backed by Iran, as well as former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-iraq-president-asks-shiite-once-tied-to-iran-to-form-government/

Say this ain't so. Maliki in and Abadi out. Or Maliki like ... in. What does this mean to our investment ? I was hoping to be able to retire , or not work till I am dead. OMG.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Count me in.

Thought you'd be in Dozy Land sipping on the good stuff.

I'm watching the Cubs/Rockies - real nail biter, Cubs just scored the tiring run in the 8th. It's 1 to 1 - yep I wanna see the Cubs Win this and advance. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, mylilpony said:

Dont worry flordian this is a pretty stand up guy. When he left his post as oil minister in 2016 it was because the government was a stale mate and he said he would no longer work in a government that refused to do for its people. He has long been an activist for the people and has written many op-ed pieces where he wasnt afraid to go after anyone for their wrong doing and wasnt afraid to point out what needed to be done in iraq. Also, he was the former oi minister and he knows exactly how things should go for that much needed hcl. In the 8 years that i have been in this and all the research i have done, i have always liked mahdi. ;)

mylilpony, I sure hope ( X 10 ) you are correct in your observations of Mahdi.

Personally, I do not find the press release / biography above, very reassuring as to his current / real motivations and or alliances.

I think he will show his true colors soon enough.

Semper Fi :salute:

Have a safe day Chuck:tiphat:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

For sure, i feel everyone needs some closure here. Always rough for me sleeping the beginning of the week. I work 0400 till 1430, up at between 0245 and 0300.

Damn ! The only hours worse than that ( Oil Field hours aren't exactly a party ) is the Military. As an Abrams Tanker we " never " slept. Stayed awake nearly 4 days and nights with no more than 30 minute cat naps when I could find the moment.

Got so I didn't want to sleep. Felt worse when I had to " wake up " Eyes were red and blood shot, burning with fever and my whole body felt Hollow. Being heavily armed was a BIG plus. Pity the fool who got in my gunners reticle. :salute:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I feel like the one where the tank goes over the hill and they are with Custer at the little Big Horn. 

One of my favorite episodes - If memory serves, the Tank was a Stuart Light Tank . . . I'll have to look that up. I looked it up - Twilight Zone episode but all I could get on a search was someone recording it off the TV about 4 minutes and very poor quality.

Used to live in Billings, Mt. been to the Little Big Horn several times . . . very sobering. I highly recommend a visit there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

As an Abrams Tanker we " never " slept. Stayed awake nearly 4 days and nights with no more than 30 minute cat naps when I could find the moment.

Wake Me When We Get There ! :o 

Driving GIF

:D  :D  :D 
  • Haha 3

Is It Just Me - Or Does This Phat Azz Mahdi Fatwa Look Like He’s Taking A Massive Shiite ? :o 

In this Jan. 3, 2006 file photo, Iraq's vice president Adel Abdul-Mahdi is seen during an interview with The Associated Press in Baghdad, Iraq. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed, File)

In this Jan. 3, 2006 file photo, Iraq's vice president Adel Abdul-Mahdi is seen during an interview with The Associated Press in Baghdad, Iraq. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed, File)

BAGHDAD – Iraq's new president has tasked veteran Shiite politician Adel Abdul-Mahdi with forming a new government nearly five months after national elections were held, state TV reported late Tuesday.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Silly me .. I thought one the President was elected the rest of the Dominoes would fall into place with relative ease and the Parliament would actually begin working... Ah well I am sure they will find one of a myriad ways to extend 30 days to 60 and beyond.

And don’t forget if they ever form the govt then they have to discuss, bicker, not discuss, take a couple or six holidays off, and maybe never get the next budget done for a couple of years. By the way then Ramadan will be here again once or twice too. 

Edited by cws
  • Upvote 1

Abdul Mahdi: I need support and advice to Abadi to accomplish tasks and enhance security

920182615213405788716.jpg

Prime Minister-designate Adel Abdul-Mahdi on Wednesday stressed the need to support outgoing Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi and his advice to accomplish the tasks and enhance the security of the country. "I thank you very much for your congratulations, 

Abdul-Mahdi said in a letter to Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi . "The Almighty can help us continue the march that you have carried out over the past four years with all its difficulties and successes. 

"I will certainly need your support and advice in order to accomplish the tasks of strengthening the country's security, providing services and a decent life for our courageous and courageous people," he said. 

And congratulated Prime Minister Haider Abadi, on Tuesday, Adel Abdul Mahdi on the occasion of his mandate to form a government. 
  • Upvote 1

rtl]

Abdul-Mahdi responds to Abadi

[/rtl]
[rtl]Editorial date: 2018/10/3 9:05 • 1439 times read[/rtl]

story_img_5bb45c292c99c.jpg
[rtl]
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) Prime Minister-designate Adel Abdul-Mahdi, congratulated the outgoing Prime Minister Haider Abadi.
"I thank you very much for your congratulations, and I pray to the Almighty to help us continue the march that you have carried out over the last four years with all its difficulties and successes. I am aware of the weight of responsibility. I will certainly need your support and advice so that we can accomplish the tasks of enhancing the security of the country. And provide a service and a decent life for our courageous and courageous people, and in accordance with the souls of our martyrs and God's success. " 
The outgoing Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, congratulated yesterday evening Adel Abdul Mahdi, in his mandate to form a government.
Abadi said, according to a statement of his office received the agency {Euphrates News} a copy of him, addressing Abdul Mahdi, "Congratulations on the occasion of your task to form a new government and wish you success in its formation and choose who is best to fill the government positions to provide the best services to citizens, asking the Almighty to take the hands of the people of Iraq and its people Preserving its security and well-being. " 
The House of Representatives, was elected on Tuesday evening, Barham Ahmed Saleh President of the Republic, replacing Fuad Masum. 
Saleh assigned the candidate Adel Abdul Mahdi to form a government and will have 30 days to form a government and submitted to Parliament for approval

http://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storytopic=36&storyid=176405
  • Upvote 1

Abadi to "Abdul Mahdi": I congratulate you on the occasion of your mandate to form a new government

10201831553489861214.jpg

Haidar Abadi
Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi on Wednesday congratulated Adel Abdul-Mahdi, hoping to choose the best candidate for government posts. 

Abadi said in a statement: "I congratulate you on your appointment to form a government new ," wishing you success in its formation and choose who is the best to fill government positions to provide the best services to citizens. 

He added: "Ask the Almighty to take the hands of the people
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Is It Just Me - Or Does This Phat Azz Mahdi Fatwa Look Like He’s Taking A Massive Shiite ? :o 

BAGHDAD – Iraq's new president has tasked veteran Shiite politician Adel Abdul-Mahdi with forming a new government nearly five months after national elections were held, state TV reported late Tuesday.

Which way did they go Ralph?!! 😂😂

• Haha 1

Abdul Mahdi presents 8 steps to open the door for development in Iraq

2017/1/18

Baghdad: Al Furat News} The leadership of the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council and former Oil Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, 8 steps open the door of development in Iraq.

"The oil crisis may be the solution that forces us, and we will be forced more to restore the real economy and get rid of the oil disease. This is a sample of the studied steps, which do not require special funds from the budget or Debt burdens, Vmwhalha available from the returns, and the investments that will stimulate economic enthusiasm, and reduce unemployment and the launch of national production.

"We believe that starting these steps is the quickest and most effective thing we can do,without drowning in generalities that are not aimed at anything specific," he said. "These steps will stimulate infrastructure projects and tax reforms," he said. Finance, budget, customs tax, spending policy, the banking sector, energy, electricity, water, sewage and tourism, improving the country's investment environment, etc. "

He added that "the first of these steps is the distribution of oil resources to each Iraqi, his home tax Iraq, an equal share is not for sale and inheritance, and impose starting [oil tax] on each holder of shares of 80% to finance the state budget, and the remaining 20% is converted to special accounts for individuals In the public and private banks, and the House of Representatives annually determine the proportion of {oil tax}, and stop all forms of {support lazy and spoiler}, and keep only the necessary support and productive support.

"The call for investors to finance various projects in energy, agriculture, industry and other costs of the proceeds, and the government and the private sector can enter as partners in these projects As an example in the area of transportation calls for the construction of a port that forms a peninsula that extends in the territorial waters tens of kilometers, ($ / Barrel), without being far from what we are paying now, and to establish airports and a network of fast trains paid for the wages of transporting passengers and goods, or repair a network of highways and national and regional, funded from road toll and the use of highways.

3 - He referred to the "distribution of lands that are not actually exploited, free of charge or at a symbolic or negotiated price, as the case may be, for every citizen or company that wants to establish an agricultural, residential, industrial or service project. For the purpose of retirement and promotion, and for the purpose of retirement and promotion. Employees, employers and the state contribute to the establishment of private funds The matter. "

He added that "the declaration of the list of annual decline in agricultural and industrial goods and events that ensure the state to buy or cover at a profitable price, when the markets fail to meet the expenses With the possibility of granting sovereign guarantees, and priority is given according to the criteria of employment and production mainly, and who uses irrigation methods and modern technologies and maintain the The environment and water, each in its field and the equality between public and private banks and the application of criteria of efficiency and classification and the temptation of money (estimated tens of billions of dollars) to enter the banking cycle by providing tax incentives and the rate of profit and protection from nationalization and hand, The Secretary of funds by a foreign insurance company for those who want it, and to prepare portfolios to reinvest the money in various fields. "

He added: "Let ministries and institutions not affiliated with the Ministry of the opening of investment portfolios to ensure their operating and investment budgets and accounts in banks (estimated tens of billions of dollars), or with the participation of companies to national or foreign companies, under specific conditions at rates that do not jeopardize their budgets or obtain sovereign guarantees, In improving institutional resources and reducing dependence on the budget on the one hand, and help to revitalize the national economy on the other. 

"An equitable equation should be established for the distribution of direct and indirect tax resources and fees between local governments and the federal government, commensurate with the investment environment and opportunities provided by the provinces to ensure that activities are encouraged and equitable distribution and balanced development are ensured," he concluded.

• Upvote 1

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 01:49 PM
Number of readings:

irq_157754576_1538563759.jpg&max_width=300

BAGHDAD / The legal expert, Tariq Harb, on Wednesday, that the appointment of Adel Abdul Mahdi, headed by the government without the announcement of the largest bloc is not considered a violation of the constitutional because all the blocks agreed to.

"The appointment of Adel Abdul Mahdi, headed by the new government, without the announcement of the largest bloc, is not considered a violation of the constitutional because all the blocks agreed to, and therefore these blocks constitute the barbarians, who agreed to the assignment and here is considered the mandate of the law" .

He continued, that "even if there is objection from some blocks it does not affect him, because the objection and appeal does not succeed only in the case that there is a larger block object and say that it is not our candidate and therefore filed a challenge to the Federal Court, but this is not currently in Parliament because all the blocks agreed There is no bigger mass. "

It is noteworthy that the House of Representatives elected in its meeting on Tuesday, the leader of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Barham Saleh for the post of President of the Republic, while the latter after he was sworn in hours to assign Adel Abdul Mahdi to form a new government. "

• Upvote 1

Head of the Iraqi government in charge of a difficult political task

Head of the Iraqi government in charge of a difficult political task

(Reuters) - Adel Abdul Mahdi, the independent prime minister on Tuesday, will have 30 days to form the next Iraqi government, a task that seems daunting as several coalitions within parliament seek to present themselves as the most present and hence more representative.

After a political paralysis of more than nine months following the country's May legislative elections, the pace accelerated abruptly on Tuesday evening as two Iraqi political veterans returned to the post-Saddam era.

Less than two hours after the overthrow of his rival for the presidency in a parliamentary vote, the new Kurdish president Barham Saleh, the former Vice President Adel Abdul Mahdi, to form a government within a constitutional deadline of not more than a month.

The tradition in Iraq, to call the largest bloc within the parliament candidate, and thus cost the President of the Republic this candidate to form a government.

This time, however, the habit has changed, with the designation of an independent prime minister, even before the parameters of a parliamentary coalition capable of forming a government are clarified.

- the most influential position -

After the election of Mohammed al-Halbusi as president of parliament last September, and the president, only the post of prime minister for the Shia and the most effective ruler in the country remained.

Within the parliament, two camps will continue to compete for the title of the largest bloc. After outgoing Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi declared his failure to seek a second term after a number of his allies gave up, prominent Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr and a coalition of veteran leaders in the popular crowd, who have helped to defeat the jihadists, offer themselves as royalty-makers.

During a press conference after the parliamentary session on Tuesday, a spokesman for the coalition, "the conquest" led by Hadi Amiri, MP Ahmad al-Asadi said that "the largest bloc decided to name the prime minister." But no tangible evidence until the hour.

In a month's time, the former vice president of the republic must submit his government to gain confidence in parliament. In the event of his failure, he is constitutionally assigned to another person.

Abdul-Mahdi was named oil minister in Abadi's government in 2014, but resigned two years later. But this 76-year-old man, who has been transferred to several diplomatic circles in Iraq, is now considered independent.

Today he is considered an international consensus figure in a country that finds itself willing or unwilling in the midst of tension between the two arch enemies Iran and the United States, and is close to the Kurdish minority (15% of the population) who voted a year ago to secede.

The economist has long been one of the leaders of a party close to Iran, but he still has the support of Americans and Europeans.

- A new strike -

Abdul Mahdi, a Shi'ite who was born in Baghdad, also has good relations with the Kurds he worked with on the interim Governing Council established by the US military command in the wake of the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

One of them was Barham Salih, 58, who was elected president Tuesday after a fierce battle between the poles of Kurdish politics.

Saleh, a graduate of computer engineering from the universities of Britain, has a long political biography, both in the Kurdistan region, which has been autonomous since 1991, or in Baghdad.

This fluent Arabic-speaking Kurd became minister of planning in a government created by the first multi-party elections in 2005. A year later, he became Deputy Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki. After his term, he returned to Erbil to serve as the region's prime minister between 2009 and 2011.

Since the fall of the regime of Saddam Hussein in 2003, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (the party of the late President Jalal Talabani) dominated the post of President of the Republic, on the basis of an implicit agreement with his rival the Kurdistan Democratic Party led by Massoud Barzani, who in turn retained the presidency of the Kurdistan Region.

But the competition this time was fierce, especially after the freezing of the presidency of the region, and the Kurdistan Democratic Party considered the previous agreement by virtue of the canceled, especially as it is the largest Kurdish parliamentary bloc in Baghdad.

AFP

Keywords: 

• Upvote 1