Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Announcement of the largest bloc

yota691

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Elections were mid-May and we're now going into Rock-Tober . . . be great to have something to " sing about "

8 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

They keep this up, the next election cycle will come back around.

Exactly .. and who is driving the bus over there ...  Image result for small old bus images

• Thanks 1

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%

Information / Baghdad ..

The coalition of the rule of law led by Nuri al-Maliki, on Monday, giving votes to the candidate of the National Union Barham Saleh, while confirmed that the coalition leader Nuri al-Maliki gave full freedom to its members in the selection.

"The leader of the coalition of state law, Nuri al - Maliki gave full freedom to the deputies of the coalition in the selection of those who see fit for the presidency of the Republic provided that he is not subordinate to his subordinates.

"The candidate of the Democratic Party Fouad Hussein did not occupy senior positions, but is the director of the Office of the President of the region, as well as his origins and the origins of his wife is in doubt."

She called Nassif members of the House of Representatives to "audit the curriculum vitae of candidates for the post of President of the Republic before the decision to vote for any candidate."Ending / 25

• Thanks 1

Maliki: the coalition of construction came in order to achieve political stability

10:04 - 30/09/2018

Baghdad, Mawazine News 
The head of a coalition of state law, Nuri al-Maliki, on Sunday, that the achievement of national space and the political majority is one of the priorities of the construction coalition. 
Maliki stressed at a press conference on the sidelines of the meeting of the Construction Coalition, and his follower / Mawazin News / that "must end the conflicts and political differences that do not serve the interest of the country." 
He added that "the formation of the building alliance came in order to achieve political stability, and the next government has to raise the slogan of providing services to citizens," noting that "the achievement of national space and the political majority is a priority of the construction coalition." 
"Security, economy and services are priorities of the next phase," he said.
The head of the Fatah coalition, Hadi al-Amiri, said Sunday that the coalition of construction carries a "holy project" at this sensitive stage of the history of Iraq, while stressing the "law enforcement" and arms limitation by the state, he stressed the need to achieve community reconciliation and overcome sectarianism and fight corruption in all its forms And types. 
Ended 
m h n

• Upvote 1

Barham Salih to MPs: I seek to be president of Iraq and not subordinate

09:12 - 30/09/2018

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
The hot candidate for the presidency of the republic, Barham Salih, on Sunday sent bitter messages to his opponents and checks to his allies, hours before the date of the vote on the candidate for the presidency, and as he addressed deputies to parliament saying "I seek to be president not subordinated," he commented on the possibility of withdrawal The Democratic Party of the political process in the event of loss of his candidate Fouad Hussein, saying "Iraq does not tolerate the logic of extortion." 
"I am trying to be the president of Iraq, not the prime minister," Barham Salih said in a television interview for a one-letter program broadcast on Al-Sharqiya channel and his follower, Mawazine News. 
He added that representatives of the people "will decide the position of President of the Republic." 
"We are talking about the presidency of the Republic of Iraq and not the presidency of the Kurdish component," revealing that "the Kurdish parties did not agree on one candidate for the presidency of Iraq"
"The political crisis of the region has been reflected in the race for the Peace Palace," he said. 
"The leadership in the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan is my candidate for the presidency of Iraq and we are not about to elect a president of the Kurds, but the Republic of Iraq," he said. 
"There are no commitments from the construction coalition of Massoud Barzani to vote for the candidate of the Kurdistan Democratic Party." 
"I am from a political school that believes that the stability of Kurdistan depends on the stability and strength of Baghdad," he said. 
"Our political forum should be in Baghdad, not in Ankara, Washington or other capitals." 
"I pledge to the Iraqis to abide by the constitution and to defend Iraq's unity and sovereignty," he said. 
Ended 
m h n

• Thanks 1

Al-Amiri stressed the importance of limiting weapons to the state and combating corruption in all its forms

09:55 - 30/09/2018

BAGHDAD (Reuters) 
- Coalition leader Al-Amri said on Sunday that the construction coalition has a "sacred project" at this sensitive stage in the history of Iraq, while stressing the "imposition of the law" and the arms embargo on the state, And combating corruption in all its forms and types. 
"We welcome the first meeting of the General Assembly of the Building Coalition, and we hope it will be a good sign for the parliamentary work at its current session," Amiri said at a press conference held after the meeting of the General Authority of the Building Coalition, At this sensitive stage in the history of Iraq, a stage after the great victory that has been achieved for all Iraqis on the terrorism of the Daheshi and overcome the sectarian hatred with pride and pride. "
He said that the coalition building "is not a random gathering to form the largest bloc, but is a national project integrated," noting that "the alliance was born from the womb of suffering and carries the concerns of citizens." 
He added that "despite the great external and large pressures to prevent the formation of the coalition, it did not discourage the leaders from proceeding with this great national project because they believed that the coalition of the building was born out of suffering and bearing the concerns of the Iraqi people. "It is not a random formation of a larger bloc but an integrated national project." 
"We are determined to restore the prestige of the state and to impose law and arms." 
Amiri said in an opening speech to the first meeting of the General Authority of the Building Alliance that "the construction alliance is the result of a real will despite external pressures not to form."
Al-Amiri added that "our hand is extended to all alliances in order to build a new Iraq and actively contribute to the constructive oversight role in the next government, pointing out the support of the coalition legislative institution to enact laws in the interest of the people 
Amiri stressed that we are determined to fight corruption, . adding that they are determined to overcome sectarianism and the fight against corruption in all its forms and types. 
ended 
tc n

• Upvote 1

Nigirvan Barzani is visiting Baghdad

That's what I'm looking for there

01/10/2018 - 12:52

Nigirvan Barzani is visiting Baghdad

The arrival of the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Najirvan Barzani, to the Iraqi capital Baghdad, on Monday.

According to information received by Basniz, the visit of Nechirvan Barzani, who is also the deputy chairman of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, to Baghdad, comes to complete the talks that had started by a delegation from the party headed by its candidate for the post of President Fuad Hussein with Iraqi leaders during the past few days, As well as work to support and support the party candidate to take office.

The Iraqi parliament is scheduled to hold a session on Monday evening to resolve the post of President of the Republic and is expected to be the selection of a candidate for the post on Tuesday.

Despite the presence of a number of Kurdish and other candidates for the post belonging to political parties or independent, but the main competition is limited between the candidate of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Barham Saleh and the candidate of the Democratic Party of Kurdistan Fuad Hussein.

The rivalry between the two is expected to be narrowed by excluding the less fortunate candidates.

Under an unofficial tradition of power-sharing in Iraq, the prime minister must be a Shiite, while the president is a Kurd. The speaker of parliament must be Sunni with two deputies, one a Shiite and the other Kurdi.

Although the position was previously occupied by the Kurdistan National Union, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) presented a candidate. The Democrat says the position is a benefit for the Kurdish people and not the monopoly of a particular party.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Sadr: Iraq is bigger than the larger bloc

05:25 - 02/10/2018

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News 
The leader of the Sadrist movement and the alliance of others Moqtada al-Sadr, on Tuesday, Iraq is bigger than the largest bloc. 
"Iraq is bigger than the larger bloc," Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter and read the Mawazine News. 
The House of Representatives is currently holding a session for the election of the President of the Republic

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2018 at 5:52 AM, yota691 said:

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%

Information / Baghdad ..

The coalition of the rule of law led by Nuri al-Maliki, on Monday, giving votes to the candidate of the National Union Barham Saleh, while confirmed that the coalition leader Nuri al-Maliki gave full freedom to its members in the selection.

"The leader of the coalition of state law, Nuri al - Maliki gave full freedom to the deputies of the coalition in the selection of those who see fit for the presidency of the Republic provided that he is not subordinate to his subordinates.

"The candidate of the Democratic Party Fouad Hussein did not occupy senior positions, but is the director of the Office of the President of the region, as well as his origins and the origins of his wife is in doubt."

She called Nassif members of the House of Representatives to "audit the curriculum vitae of candidates for the post of President of the Republic before the decision to vote for any candidate."Ending / 25

How gracious. 

• Haha 2

“ IN THE NEAR FUTURE “ the announcement of the largest block. Probably just in the nick of time for the NEXT General Election. 

No one, I repeat NO ONE, as Abadi previously stated looks “ admiringly on Iraq “

Im downing 6 shots of Glenfiddich right now, playing my CD of “ The Best of the Bagpipes “ and I’m Cranking the volume to Ear Splitting !!!!!!!!!  - cuz I can 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Iraq president tasks Adel Abdul Mahdi with forming new government: lawmakers

Newly-elected President Barham Salih tasks veteran politician with forming new government, sources say

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.gulfnews.c

In this Wednesday, March 28, 2018 picture, Barham Salih speaks to reporters in Baghdad, Iraq. Iraqi state TV says parliament has elected the veteran Kurdish politician as the country's new president, a step toward forming a new government. (AP Photo/Karim Kadim)
Published: 00:03 October 3, 2018
Reuters

Sulaimaniya, Iraq: Newly-elected Iraqi President Barham Salih has named veteran Shi’ite politician Adel Abdul Mahdi as prime minister-designate and tasked him with forming a new government, two lawmakers told Reuters on Tuesday.

According to Iraq’s constitution, Abdul Mahdi now has 30 days to form a cabinet and present it to parliament for approval.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwtf2.forkcdn.com%

Salih named Abdul Mahdi less than two hours after he himself was elected president.

https://gulfnews.com/news/mena/iraq/iraq-elects-new-president-in-step-toward-forming-government-1.2285629

• Upvote 4

OMG - has 30 days ? By the time these fools have their poop in a group: say hello to 2019. That is unless by some wild stroke of luck they get it together pronto. 

Stranger things have happened - like when the twin engine plane I was in had engine trouble and we all bailed out safely, some hairy moments to be sure.

Doesnt make a lick of difference that we were STILL on the ground :lol:

• Haha 6

“ IN THE NEAR FUTURE “ the announcement of the largest block. Probably just in the nick of time for the NEXT General Election. 

No one, I repeat NO ONE, as Abadi previously stated looks “ admiringly on Iraq “

Im downing 6 shots of Glenfiddich right now, playing my CD of “ The Best of the Bagpipes “ and I’m Cranking the volume to Ear Splitting !!!!!!!!!  - cuz I can 😆

55 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Oh ya, have one or two more for me 10 years

Had that over the weekend, working on some Oban now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

KNew Iraq president asks Shiite once tied to Iran to form government

Kurdish moderate Barham Salih taps veteran Shiite politician Adel Abdul-Mahdi, a former member of the Tehran-backed Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council, to be PM

By AP2 October 2018, 11:59 pm  2
Newly elected Iraqi President Kurdish Barham Saleh (C) walks at the parliament in Baghdad on October 2, 2018.  (AFP PHOTO / Karim AMMAR)
Newly elected Iraqi President Kurdish Barham Saleh (C) walks at the parliament in Baghdad on October 2, 2018. 

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Kurdish moderate Barham Salih was named Iraq’s new president Tuesday, immediately setting to work by tasking veteran Shiite politician Adel Abdul-Mahdi with forming a new government, nearly five months after national elections were held, state TV reported late Tuesday.

Abdul-Mahdi is an independent who previously served as vice president, oil minister and finance minister.

He is not allied with either of the two Shiite-led blocs that each claim to have the most support after May’s elections, in which no party won an outright majority. He was previously a member of the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council, a large Shiite party with close ties to Iran.

He was tasked with forming a new government by Salih, a Kurdish politician who was elected to the largely ceremonial role of president in a parliamentary vote earlier Tuesday.

Under an unofficial agreement dating back to the 2003 US-led invasion, Iraq’s presidency — a largely ceremonial role — is held by a Kurd, while the prime minister is Shiite and the parliament speaker is Sunni.

The prime minister-designate will have 30 days to submit his cabinet to parliament. Iraq held elections May 12.

AP18275739880037-640x400.jpg
In this January 3, 2006 file photo, Adel Abdul-Mahdi is seen during an interview with The Associated Press in Baghdad, Iraq. (AP/Khalid Mohammed)

State TV said Salih, of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, won 220 votes out of the 273 lawmakers who attended Tuesday’s session. He was among 20 candidates for the post, including one from the rival Kurdistan Democratic Party. The two parties have dominated Kurdish politics for decades.

Shiite lawmaker Hamid al-Moussawi said the lawmakers were supposed to vote Monday, but delayed the session for nearly 24 hours after the KDP and the PUK were unable to agree on a candidate. The parliament speaker eventually decided to hold a vote among all 20 nominees.

The KDP’s nominee was Fuad Hussein, who served as chief of staff for the former Kurdish regional president Masoud Barzani.

Born in 1960 in the northern city of Sulaimaniyah, Salih joined the PUK in 1976 and later worked in its foreign relations department in London. He studied at Cardiff University and the University of Liverpool.

He held various posts in the Iraqi government after the 2003 invasion, including planning minister and deputy prime minister, and from 2009 to 2011 he served as prime minister of the Kurdish region.

Last year, he broke away from PUK following the death of the party’s founder, Jalal Talabani, a former Iraqi president. Salih formed an opposition party, but returned to the PUK to be its nominee for president.

Two Shiite-led blocs have emerged since the May elections, both of which claim to have the most seats and therefore the right to form a government. One is led by the current prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, and includes supporters of the populist Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, whose followers won the most votes in the election. The other bloc includes state-sanctioned militias, many of which are backed by Iran, as well as former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-iraq-president-asks-shiite-once-tied-to-iran-to-form-government/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Im downing 6 shots of Glenfiddich right now

Go for it 10!  I like beer, I drink beer, All my friends drink beer, I'm a beer drinker, sometimes I drink it out of the bottle, sometimes I drink it out of a can, sometimes I stick it up my Can, I like beer and I scream and cry and throw temper tantrum's during job interviews. And then of course it's somebody else's fault if I don't get the job. I like beer.😎

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

In this Jan. 3, 2006 file photo, Iraq's vice president Adel Abdul-Mahdi is seen during an interview with The Associated Press in Baghdad, Iraq. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed, File)

In this Jan. 3, 2006 file photo, Iraq's vice president Adel Abdul-Mahdi is seen during an interview with The Associated Press in Baghdad, Iraq. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed, File)

BAGHDAD – Iraq's new president has tasked veteran Shiite politician Adel Abdul-Mahdi with forming a new government nearly five months after national elections were held, state TV reported late Tuesday.

Abdul-Mahdi is an independent who previously served as vice president, oil minister and finance minister. He is not allied with either of the two Shiite-led blocs that each claim to have the most support after May's elections, in which no party won an outright majority. He was previously a member of the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council, a large Shiite party with close ties to Iran.

He was tasked with forming a new government by Barham Salih, a Kurdish politician who was elected to the largely ceremonial role of president in a parliamentary vote earlier Tuesday.

Under an unofficial agreement dating back to the 2003 U.S.-led invasion, Iraq's presidency — a largely ceremonial role — is held by a Kurd, while the prime minister is Shiite and the parliament speaker is Sunni.

The prime minister-designate will have 30 days to submit his cabinet to parliament. Iraq held elections May 12.

State TV said Salih, of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, won 220 votes out of the 273 lawmakers who attended Tuesday's session. He was among 20 candidates for the post, including one from the rival Kurdistan Democratic Party. The two parties have dominated Kurdish politics for decades.

Shiite lawmaker Hamid al-Moussawi said the lawmakers were supposed to vote Monday, but delayed the session for nearly 24 hours after the KDP and the PUK were unable to agree on a candidate. The parliament speaker eventually decided to hold a vote among all 20 nominees.

The KDP's nominee was Fuad Hussein, who served as chief of staff for the former Kurdish regional president Masoud Barzani.

Born in 1960 in the northern city of Sulaimaniyah, Salih joined the PUK in 1976 and later worked in its foreign relations department in London. He studied at Cardiff University and the University of Liverpool.

He held various posts in the Iraqi government after the 2003 invasion, including planning minister and deputy prime minister, and from 2009 to 2011 he served as prime minister of the Kurdish region.

Last year, he broke away from PUK following the death of the party's founder, Jalal Talabani, a former Iraqi president. Salih formed an opposition party, but returned to the PUK to be its nominee for president.

Two Shiite-led blocs have emerged since the May elections, both of which claim to have the most seats and therefore the right to form a government. One is led by the current prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, and includes supporters of the populist Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, whose followers won the most votes in the election. The other bloc includes state-sanctioned militias, many of which are backed by Iran, as well as former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

The various political factions had been mired in negotiations and horse-trading for months.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iraq-tasks-shiite-independent-with-forming-new-government

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYJACK said:

Go for it 10!  I like beer, I drink beer, All my friends drink beer, I'm a beer drinker, sometimes I drink it out of the bottle, sometimes I drink it out of a can, sometimes I stick it up my Can, I like beer and I scream and cry and throw temper tantrum's during job interviews. And then of course it's somebody else's fault if I don't get the job. I like beer.😎

:bravo:  :cheesehead:

• Haha 1