Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Constitution issues

rockfl9

The constitution provides for a President and two vice-presidents with some consultive powers.  The president Faud Mausium is limited to two terms but the VPs  Al-Maliki and Alawi are not.  As officials I think they are immune from prosecution while in office.  With this and the political clout that comes with it I expect Al-Maliki will do everything to maintain the office.

Although it has been implied elsewhere I dont see anywhere in the constitution that limits the terms of the PM or other ministers!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The PM does not have to have been elected ONLY that he/she be a member of the party that has the most seats. Also The ministers ( number and titles not specified) do not need to have been elected and  do not need to be of any party .  So Sadr could be PM, although I think he would remain on the sidelines.  The PM  could construct  a cabinet of as many or few of his liking as long as they  are approved by the members. He/she has 15 days.  if that fails the President of the republic may choose another , usually for the party with the next higher number of seats to try for another 15 days. There does not seem to be any default/tiebreaker rules in the system.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 5/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, caz1104 said:

It's so dead down here that even crickets avoid it - lol

Yeah.  Nothing happens during Ram-a-dam  !  You should take the time read a  little on International fiance.  This year I am reading "The death of money" by  james Rickards.  This is the same author that wrote " Currency Wars". Read that last year.  Shows how the  BIG Central Banks and IMF really drive the total economy.  li'l ole CBI doesnt have a chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

For a while I thought I was wasting my time here but each time a new piece of Guru POPO showed up I found it ridiculously interesting and creative.  As each articles translation became the precursor to an RV specially when picked up by someones favorite guru.  It seems there are BAD gurus ,the ones that give a date and a rate and GOOD gurus that don't.

Then of course there are us LOPSTERS.

Edited by rockfl9
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3