Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deputy: US sanctions included 7 Iraqi leaders

yota691

On 11/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, tigergorzow said:

6ly410 Thamks,  Excellent article.....MIGA.....GO PRESIDENT DJT...😁😁

GO RV / RI

On 11/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, 6ly410 said:

Make the dinar great again!

On 11/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, fancy said:

Nice find!! Come On Iraq, you got the support system" rel="">support of the USA.  MIGA and President Trump is doing it-MAGA!

On 11/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, Donziman said:

It's very hard to pressure these multi millionaires into changing anything.

If i were them i would probably have that slow laid back attitude and be

asking "when is the next holiday"  Do you really think they care about the people?

On 11/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, yota691 said:

John Bolton: Agreement to resume the export of Kirkuk oil between Baghdad and Erbil is a promising step

12 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

Trump's policy to visit Iraq

Oh, Oh, looks like a (one or more) Red Rubymeister(s) with the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces has been VERY Busy issuing Red Ruby Citations as Badges Of Honor for "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" in reference to MAGA, MIGA, The Bicraqi Iraqi Politician Practices, The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J. Trump, Article 140 Language, AND/OR The Much Anticipated Strength Of The Iraqi Dinar!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

(But, hey, I had given or gave You ALL purple trophies or emeralds instead!!! I hope You ALL don't mind!!!)

:lmao:                 :lmao:                   :lmao:

Wait For IT...............................................................

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Red Rubymeister(s) with the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces IN ADVANCE FOR issuing Red Ruby Citations as Badges Of Honor for ME for "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" for STANDING WITH other MEMBERS!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Oh, BOY, Oh, BOY, FOLKS!

Ole Stevie M is going to have a SIT DOWN (sign here and I'LL PUSH THE RV BUTTON) meeting with Ole Abdul M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, so I hope.

This is HIGH PROFILE!!! Maybe a swing by to visit with the True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J. Trump and, as a side note, a lil' Bicraqi Iraqi bi'ness to get the Strategic Framework Agreement with The United States Of America on FULL ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not HERE!!!

I am trying to remember if ANY other "Sitting" Bicraqi Iraqi Prime Minister met with the U.S. Treasury Secretary???!!!

Stevie M appears to be "Assertive" HERE!!! I wonder if Abdul M understands this to be in HIS and ALL the Bicraqi Iraqi's BEST INTEREST???!!!

In The Mean Time.....................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Nope in the 14 years I have been invested I don’t recall a meeting or phone call from the us treasury 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2018 at 4:37 AM, Mr. G said:

Is it possible, things are already determined and set in motion to happen by the end of 2018/first of 2019, and the timing of this letter is just an attempt by the US to take the credit.🤔

Possibly 1st quarter all I know is August 2017 imf report Iraq is yet to make “that sizeable fiscal adjustment”

• Thanks 1

Government official: US pressure on Abdul Mahdi on sanctions on Tehran

During the last contact of the US Treasury Secretary

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi

2 hours ago

+ -

Digital Media NRT

A US government official said Tuesday that US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's contact with Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi was aimed at ensuring Iraq's compliance with US sanctions against Iran .

The official said in a press statement today, 20 November 2018, that Abdul Mahdi, told the American official that Iraq will not depart from the international consensus, but reiterated the need for Iraq to deal with the special sanctions file on Iran, according to the newspaper "Arabs".

On Monday, Abdulmahdi received a telephone call from US Treasury Secretary Stephen Manuchein, where sources confirmed that the US official wanted to be assured of Iraq's commitment to impose sanctions on Iran, which puts Adel Abdul Mahdi under pressure .

The US Treasury Department plays a pivotal role in monitoring the implementation of sanctions against Iran, particularly with regard to the dollar smuggling movement and remittances with Tehran. The Treasury also has a list of Iraqi individuals, agencies and banks that have been put under surveillance to prevent sanctions from being breached .

The media office of the Prime Minister confirmed yesterday that Abdul Mahdi received a telephone call from Stephen Menuchin, adding that the US official stressed the commitment of the United States and the Treasury to support Iraq and strengthen bilateral relations. He also expressed his willingness to meet with Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi .

Commenting on the reference to the desire of the US Treasury Secretary to meet Abdul Mahdi, observers expected a visit of a prominent American figure to Iraq soon, while Abdul Mahdi pledged not to leave the country to any external mission before the completion of his cabinet.

Observers pointed out that the American side may find itself obliged to give Baghdad a special situation in dealing with sanctions on Iran in a desire to keep the new Iraqi government from the tremors that could be caused by the return of popular protests as a result of power cuts or lack of food .

"This may not be a convincing reason for the US to continue the special situation, because it is the duty of the Iraqi government to look for convenient alternatives to remove Baghdad from the consequences of the conflict between the United States and Iran . "

While cautioning that alternative measures encourage Baghdad to stop its cooperation with Tehran will face a violent rejection by the political currents loyal to Iran inside Iraq, pointing out that this is a complex problem will have to Abdul Mahdi, in the House of Representatives seeking to obtain approvals for his decisions in the disengagement The Iranian economy .

It is noteworthy that Iraq depends on providing about a quarter of its electricity needs on Iran, but the United States, gave Baghdad 45 days to stop dealing with Tehran in this area .

R.

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=6625&MapID=2

• Thanks 1

Abdul Mahdi to America: Please do not come to us by orders and Iraq is a weak country

Abdul Mahdi to America: Please do not come to us by orders and Iraq is a weak country

Twilight News    

9 hours ago

(Reuters) - Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi announced on Tuesday his government's rejection of any US-imposed resolutions on the country.

"We are now sitting Iraq in the right perspective and we are not part of the sanctions regime against Iran," Abdul Mahdi said in an interview with a number of academic, media, technical and sports figures broadcast on television. "America wants to impose sanctions on a country or on People and this is their own business. "

"We are not part of the American system, we are not part of the aggression against countries," he said. "There are countries that are hostile to the United States and the West and we are not part of the propaganda against them."

"We do not stand by the side of any country, and we are not party to any target on the ground in Iraq, according to agreements within the permanent constitution of the country."

"We have been able to impress the American side and all sides that we will not hurt any country."

He pointed out that he "told the American side that he did not come to us with orders, and we do not accept dictations from you," adding that "it is true that Iraq is weak but not surrendering."

Keywords: 

http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/1d0f503f-0bdf-49f4-ab5a-2033e7061f94

• Upvote 2

Trump's policy accuses Iran of destabilizing a "fragile democracy" in Iraq

Trump accuses Iran of destabilizing "fragile democracy" in Iraq

Twilight News    

2 hours ago

US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Iran is "the world's largest sponsor of terrorism," noting that "the Tehran regime is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen."

The US president said in a statement that Saudi Arabia is a vital ally in the face of Iran, and that the United States intends to remain a firm partner of the Queen.

The US president also accused Iran of seeking to "destabilize the fragile democratic effort in Iraq."

Trump stressed that "Iran is responsible for supporting Hezbollah's terrorist organizations in Lebanon," pointing out that "the Iranian regime has killed a number of Americans and other innocent people in the Middle East."

• Upvote 1

Iran's policy : Barham Saleh told us not to abide by Iraq sanctions

Twilight News    

6 hours ago

The Iranian ambassador in Iraq called on Iranian companies to invest more in projects that the Iraqi government seeks to attract foreign investments to complete them, noting that the Iraqi President Barham Saleh believes that his country is not bound to implement the US sanctions.

"We have agreed with Iraq to establish a permanent exhibition of Iranian goods in Baghdad and the ground has become ready after defeating a supporter in Iraq for more economic activities in this country," said Iran's ambassador to Iraq, Erj Musjedi.

He added that "the huge trade exchange between Iran and Iraq now comes under conditions that exert great pressure on the Iraqi side," adding that "the Iraqi president stressed during his visit to Iran that his country does not see itself bound by the US sanctions on Tehran."

The Iranian ambassador in Iraq noted that the country needs electricity, foodstuffs and industrial materials, and in the event of a halt to exports, the government and the Iraqi people will face many problems and these problems are not limited to Iran alone.

He stressed that due to the problems created by America in the exchange of banking through the dollar, the joint proposal is to take advantage of the Iraqi dinar or export and imports in a barter.

He pointed out that the Iraqi government is seeking to attract foreign investment to implement 1,200 projects worth 100 billion dollars, adding that 79 Iranian companies operating in Iraq to build power plants, refineries, hotels, stadiums and homes worth 8 billion dollars.

The Iranian ambassador pointed out that despite some security problems, but a supporter lost control of the territory of Iraq and the proportion of security in this country and the border is increasing day by day and should not be Iranian economic activists to worry about it.

The Iranian ambassador stressed that we are seeking to cancel visas between the two countries and discussed the cancellation of visas for traders and businessmen during the visit of the Iraqi president to Tehran, calling on Iranian companies to take advantage of this opportunity to carry out more economic activities and investments in Iraq and the opening of commercial offices in this country.

Keywords: 

http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/e80f8cbf-0469-488f-84be-7364bd8c58b9

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

Twilight News    

9 hours ago

(Reuters) - Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi announced on Tuesday his government's rejection of any US-imposed resolutions on the country.

"We are now sitting Iraq in the right perspective and we are not part of the sanctions regime against Iran," Abdul Mahdi said in an interview with a number of academic, media, technical and sports figures broadcast on television. "America wants to impose sanctions on a country or on People and this is their own business. "

"We are not part of the American system, we are not part of the aggression against countries," he said. "There are countries that are hostile to the United States and the West and we are not part of the propaganda against them."

"We do not stand by the side of any country, and we are not party to any target on the ground in Iraq, according to agreements within the permanent constitution of the country."

"We have been able to impress the American side and all sides that we will not hurt any country."

He pointed out that he "told the American side that he did not come to us with orders, and we do not accept dictations from you," adding that "it is true that Iraq is weak but not surrendering."

Keywords: 

http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/1d0f503f-0bdf-49f4-ab5a-2033e7061f94

I don't like this.  I believe it means that any gain in the Iraqi currency will benefit Iran, since they are trading in local currencies.

This is what Trump is trying to prevent.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

32 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I don't like this.  I believe it means that any gain in the Iraqi currency will benefit Iran, since they are trading in local currencies.

This is what Trump is trying to prevent.

Maybe The Opposite Is True, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Caffeine Free Evening To You, Sir!!! :tiphat:

The quoted section from the article posted by Butifldrm, to me, is reverse psychology (or at least BACKWARDS psychology)!!! :o   :o   :o

Abdul Mahdi KNOWS the lay and KNOWS The United States Of America Elements KNOWS WHAT Abdul Mahdi IS Saying AND Doing AND Why Abdul Mahdi IS Saying AND Doing What HE Is Saying AND Doing!!!

The Bicraqi Iraqi ARE WANTING TO DO THEIR OWN THING AND Mess Things Up Royally!!!

So, The United States Of America Elements ARE PUTTING THE SQUEEZE ON THIS NUT Abdul Mahdi UNTIL THIS NUT CRACKS!!!

GUESS WHO WINS???!!! Yep, The True United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump is going to visit The United States Of America Service Personnel in Afghanistan AND Iraq (:salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:) so pretty sure the (keester kicking) meetings with the Bicraqi Iraqi Powers That Be will be "productive" if "milestones" HAVE NOT been met!!!

In The Mean Time..........................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Plenty of conjecture here! 

I'm not feeling Abdul Mahdi so far...but like Abadi...he's under a ton of pressure from all sides, more so now from the Nov. 4 sanctions on Iran.

There's been a couple high-stakes trips/meetings lately for him and the new president. Anyone remember the other President (Massoum?) meeting big heads of state? I can't recall that. 

Russia, Iran, Turkey, China, and OPEC want their fair share in what Iraq has to offer, obviously.

Oil is at a low price right now...Trump says he wants that and is getting it from whomever.

Trump's an "all business" person...he has PLENTY of BUSINESS stake in Saudi Arabia, Russia, and probably China.

Iran's got nothing he wants.

Definitely nothin', somethin' is some-thing we'll never know.

:twocents:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, justchecking123 said:

Plenty of conjecture here! 

I'm not feeling Abdul Mahdi so far...but like Abadi...he's under a ton of pressure from all sides, more so now from the Nov. 4 sanctions on Iran.

There's been a couple high-stakes trips/meetings lately for him and the new president. Anyone remember the other President (Massoum?) meeting big heads of state? I can't recall that. 

Russia, Iran, Turkey, China, and OPEC want their fair share in what Iraq has to offer, obviously.

Oil is at a low price right now...Trump says he wants that and is getting it from whomever.

Trump's an "all business" person...he has PLENTY of BUSINESS stake in Saudi Arabia, Russia, and probably China.

Iran's got nothing he wants.

Definitely nothin', somethin' is some-thing we'll never know.

:twocents:

Yes I say, "Let him get his government seated and then lets see how thing flow".  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Maybe The Opposite Is True, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Caffeine Free Evening To You, Sir!!! :tiphat:

The quoted section from the article posted by Butifldrm, to me, is reverse psychology (or at least BACKWARDS psychology)!!! :o   :o   :o

Abdul Mahdi KNOWS the lay and KNOWS The United States Of America Elements KNOWS WHAT Abdul Mahdi IS Saying AND Doing AND Why Abdul Mahdi IS Saying AND Doing What HE Is Saying AND Doing!!!

The Bicraqi Iraqi ARE WANTING TO DO THEIR OWN THING AND Mess Things Up Royally!!!

So, The United States Of America Elements ARE PUTTING THE SQUEEZE ON THIS NUT Abdul Mahdi UNTIL THIS NUT CRACKS!!!

GUESS WHO WINS???!!! Yep, The True United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump is going to visit The United States Of America Service Personnel in Afghanistan AND Iraq (:salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:) so pretty sure the (keester kicking) meetings with the Bicraqi Iraqi Powers That Be will be "productive" if "milestones" HAVE NOT been met!!!

In The Mean Time..........................................................................

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Yeah, except for the fact that Trump is not a "reverse psychology" kinda guy.  I think that as soon as he gets wind of this, he will be tweeting like crazy.  Just guessing, of course, but I know New Yorkers are not subtle.   LOL LOL

We'll wait and see what happens when they meet - if there's a sudden "change of mind" on Mahdi's part.  I sure hope so.

• Thanks 1

Iraqi Dinar May Replace Dollar And Euro In Iran's 2nd Largest Export Market

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
Tue, 11/20/2018 - 00:50

Amidst continuing talks between Iran and Iraq over how to settle payments for Iraq's natural gas imports from Iran in the face of Washington sanctions, Iranian officials are mulling over Iraq's offer to pay in Iraqi Dinars instead of the dollar or Euro, according to Iranian state media. This follows the September announcement by Iran that it planned to completely ditch the dollar as a currency used by the two countries in the trade transactions. 

Iraq was among countries granted a temporary exemption as energy sanctions on its eastern neighbor and regional Shia ally took effect November 5, and since then Baghdad has pushed to process payments for gas and electricity in its own currency of dinars. Iraq is Iran's second largest export market with a substantial portion of that trade in energy, which cannot cannot easily be structured outside the new sanctions regime.

Iran%20Iraq%20meeting%20President.jpg Iraq’s President Barham Salih (L) is accompanied by his Iranian counterpart, Hassan Rouhani, to a meeting of Iran-Iraq delegations for talks in Tehran on November 17. Via President.ir

Baghdad has found itself in the delicate position as a partner of both Washington and Tehran  largely reliant on the former for defense and on the latter for gas and power generation, keeping its economy afloat. Last summer a severe temporary electricity reduction fueled unrest across the south of Iraq. Chronic shortages and a failing Iraqi infrastructure means Tehran has been a key lifeline fueling Iraq's increasingly desperate needs. 

Iranian officials have also recently declared "Iraq is one of our successes" and a "strategic ally" as echoed in a weekend televised broadcastfeaturing the head of Iran's Islamic Shura Council, Hossein Amirabedhaleyan. However, as the head of the Iran-Iraq Chamber of Commerce Yahya Ale-Eshagh stated before the latest round of sanctions took effect“Resolving the banking system problem must be a priority for both Iran and Iraq, as the two countries have at least $8 billion in transactions in the worst times,” according to a September statement. 

Meanwhile on Monday Iran's leadership continued making dubious promises that energy exports will defy all expectations and thrive, with President Hassan Rouhani saying US sanctions are "part of a psychological war doomed to failure".

“We will not yield to this pressure, which is part of the psychological war launched against Iran,” Rouhani said in a speech broadcast live on state television.

They have failed to stop our oil exports. We will keep exporting it... Your regional policies have failed and you blame Iran for that failure from Afghanistan to Yemen and Syria,” he added as the crowd he addressed in the city of Khoy chanted “Death to America!”.

Noting that Washington had succumbed to granting temporary waivers to eight major buyers of Iranian oil due to economic realities, he explained: “America is isolated now. Iran is supported by many countries. Except for the Zionist regime (Israel) and some countries in the region, no other country backs America’s pressure on Iran,” according to Reuters.

Iranian officials have vowed to stick by the 2015 Iran nuclear deal in spite of Washington's aggressive attempts to dismantle it. Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi expressed to reporters he is “hopeful that the Europeans can save the deal” in reference to the EU's attempts to establish a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for non-dollar trade with Iran. European and other foreign business, however, have still been leaving Iran in droves out of fear of US penalties. 

“We expect EU to implement the SPV as soon as possible,” Qasemi said. “Iran adheres to its commitments as long as other signatories honor theirs.”

Reuters reported last week, based on statements from six unnamed diplomats, that the EU had sought to establish the SPV by this month but failed as no country is currently willing to host it. This gives new impetus to current negotiations between Iran and Iraq held this past weekend as the Iraqi president visited Tehran on Saturday with a delegation for a series of talks.

Iran’s Ambassador Iraj Masjedi announced over the weekend amidst the high level talks involving Iraq's President Barham Salih:  “Considering the problems that have emerged in dollar-based banking transactions, a joint proposal between Iran and Iraq is using Iraq’s dinar in trade,” according to Iranian state media. He added that an alternative plan might included using barter mechanisms to carry out imports and exports with Iraq.

Following these meetings Iranian President Hassan Rouhani indicated the two neighbors look to increase their annual trade from the current $12 billion to $20 billion.

Edited by Floridian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Iraqi Dinar May Replace Dollar And Euro In Iran's 2nd Largest Export Market

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
Tue, 11/20/2018 - 00:50

Amidst continuing talks between Iran and Iraq over how to settle payments for Iraq's natural gas imports from Iran in the face of Washington sanctions, Iranian officials are mulling over Iraq's offer to pay in Iraqi Dinars instead of the dollar or Euro, according to Iranian state media. This follows the September announcement by Iran that it planned to completely ditch the dollar as a currency used by the two countries in the trade transactions. 

Iraq was among countries granted a temporary exemption as energy sanctions on its eastern neighbor and regional Shia ally took effect November 5, and since then Baghdad has pushed to process payments for gas and electricity in its own currency of dinars. Iraq is Iran's second largest export market with a substantial portion of that trade in energy, which cannot cannot easily be structured outside the new sanctions regime.

Iran%20Iraq%20meeting%20President.jpg Iraq’s President Barham Salih (L) is accompanied by his Iranian counterpart, Hassan Rouhani, to a meeting of Iran-Iraq delegations for talks in Tehran on November 17. Via President.ir

Baghdad has found itself in the delicate position as a partner of both Washington and Tehran  largely reliant on the former for defense and on the latter for gas and power generation, keeping its economy afloat. Last summer a severe temporary electricity reduction fueled unrest across the south of Iraq. Chronic shortages and a failing Iraqi infrastructure means Tehran has been a key lifeline fueling Iraq's increasingly desperate needs. 

Iranian officials have also recently declared "Iraq is one of our successes" and a "strategic ally" as echoed in a weekend televised broadcastfeaturing the head of Iran's Islamic Shura Council, Hossein Amirabedhaleyan. However, as the head of the Iran-Iraq Chamber of Commerce Yahya Ale-Eshagh stated before the latest round of sanctions took effect“Resolving the banking system problem must be a priority for both Iran and Iraq, as the two countries have at least $8 billion in transactions in the worst times,” according to a September statement. 

Meanwhile on Monday Iran's leadership continued making dubious promises that energy exports will defy all expectations and thrive, with President Hassan Rouhani saying US sanctions are "part of a psychological war doomed to failure".

“We will not yield to this pressure, which is part of the psychological war launched against Iran,” Rouhani said in a speech broadcast live on state television.

They have failed to stop our oil exports. We will keep exporting it... Your regional policies have failed and you blame Iran for that failure from Afghanistan to Yemen and Syria,” he added as the crowd he addressed in the city of Khoy chanted “Death to America!”.

Noting that Washington had succumbed to granting temporary waivers to eight major buyers of Iranian oil due to economic realities, he explained: “America is isolated now. Iran is supported by many countries. Except for the Zionist regime (Israel) and some countries in the region, no other country backs America’s pressure on Iran,” according to Reuters.

Iranian officials have vowed to stick by the 2015 Iran nuclear deal in spite of Washington's aggressive attempts to dismantle it. Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi expressed to reporters he is “hopeful that the Europeans can save the deal” in reference to the EU's attempts to establish a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for non-dollar trade with Iran. European and other foreign business, however, have still been leaving Iran in droves out of fear of US penalties. 

“We expect EU to implement the SPV as soon as possible,” Qasemi said. “Iran adheres to its commitments as long as other signatories honor theirs.”

Reuters reported last week, based on statements from six unnamed diplomats, that the EU had sought to establish the SPV by this month but failed as no country is currently willing to host it. This gives new impetus to current negotiations between Iran and Iraq held this past weekend as the Iraqi president visited Tehran on Saturday with a delegation for a series of talks.

Iran’s Ambassador Iraj Masjedi announced over the weekend amidst the high level talks involving Iraq's President Barham Salih:  “Considering the problems that have emerged in dollar-based banking transactions, a joint proposal between Iran and Iraq is using Iraq’s dinar in trade,” according to Iranian state media. He added that an alternative plan might included using barter mechanisms to carry out imports and exports with Iraq.

Following these meetings Iranian President Hassan Rouhani indicated the two neighbors look to increase their annual trade from the current $12 billion to $20 billion.

Bump 

So much talk ( nearly 16 yrs. now ) about what May/Might be . . . your people wait for ACTION . . . people can't live off air alone.

Not impressed nor am I excited with " Good News " after nearly 16 yrs. What May or Might be doesn't take the place of Commitment, Action & Substance. Implement the reforms. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/20/2018 at 5:38 AM, Butifldrm said:

A US government official said Tuesday that US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's contact with Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi was aimed at ensuring Iraq's compliance with US sanctions against Iran .

Well now, it’s difficult for me to take seriously a statement by a US government official who doesn’t know that Condi hasn’t been our Secretary of State for about 10 years.

Maybe Pompeo asked her to help but why? I doubt it. 

I’m not questioning the rest of the article but it gives me pause when I see this kind of error in the beginning of an news article. 🤔😊

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bama Girl said:

Well now, it’s difficult for me to take seriously a statement by a US government official who doesn’t know that Condi hasn’t been our Secretary of State for about 10 years.

Maybe Pompeo asked her to help but why? I doubt it. 

I’m not questioning the rest of the article but it gives me pause when I see this kind of error in the beginning of an news article. 🤔😊

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! 

Happy Thanksgiving to You AND Great Observation, Bama Girl, AND The Very Best Of Your Up Coming Black Friday Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

I've noticed a few misprints over the past year and a half or so like the one You mentioned, too. References to George W. Bush among others in a current context. I really wonder if these are pre written articles from some time ago that were now being put out in the news media without the necessary editing/updating. Seems like poor journalism at least but I wonder if the misprints are intentional and are code speak for things the general public are unaware since there are noticeable amounts of these misprints in the news articles? I am trying to figure this piece out.

Could be somethin'. Could be nothin.'

In The Mean Time................................................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 2

2018-11-27 BY SOTALIRAQ

Barzani discussed with the US ambassador the file of Arbil - Baghdad and renew the position of Abdul Mahdi

Kurdistan Region President Nechirvan Barzani said during his meeting with US Ambassador to Baghdad Douglas Silliman on Tuesday that the Kurdistan Region supports Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi in efforts to solve the problems between Arbil and Baghdad, stability and security in Iraq and improving the economic situation in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region.

In a statement to the presidency of the Kurdistan Regional Government that Barzani received on Tuesday evening, the US ambassador to Iraq, Douglas Seelman, US Consul General in the region.

The statement pointed out that the meeting witnessed the talk about security and political developments in the region and the situation in Iraq and the formation of the new Iraqi government and the participation and support of political parties in the Kurdistan region of the government of Adel Abdul Mahdi.

The statement added that Barzani reiterated the support of the Kurdistan Region to Abdul Mahdi in order to address the problems of Arbil - Baghdad, stability and security in Iraq and improve the economic situation in Iraq and the Kurdistan region in general.

The statement noted that the dialogue between the political parties and the formation of the Gedipid government in the region and a number of topics related to the situation in Iraq and the region were a number of other axes in the meeting.

IRAQ

https://www.sotaliraq.com/2018/11/27/بارزاني-يبحث-مع-السفير-الامريكي-ملف-أر/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Barzani to the US ambassador: We support Abdul Mahdi in solving the problems of Erbil and Baghdad
History of edits:: 2018/11/27 23:47  154 times readable
Barzani to the US ambassador: We support Abdul Mahdi in solving the problems of Erbil and Baghdad
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Nechirvan Barzani, the support of the province of Abdul-Mahdi in the solution of the mascale of Arbil and Baghdad.
"Barzani discussed with the US ambassador in Iraq, Douglas Silliman, the latest developments in Iraq, the formation of the new Iraqi government, and support of political parties in the Kurdistan region of the government of Abdul Mahdi." 
He stressed Barzani support to the Kurdistan region of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi in resolving the problems of Arbil - Baghdad, and the stabilization of stability and security in Iraq, and improve the economic situation in Iraq and the Kurdistan region in general, " 
The statement added that" another aspect of the meeting included the search of political parties talks and the formation of the new cab To the Kurdistan Regional Government, and to another set of issues related to the situation in Iraq and the region. "
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Barzani discussed with the US ambassador the file of Arbil - Baghdad and renew the position of Abdul Mahdi

US State Department: No role for Washington in Barzani's visit to Baghdad

11:30 - 28/11/2018

Baghdad - 
Mawazin News US State Department spokeswoman Heather Noiret denied any role for her country in the recent visit by the leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party Massoud Barzani to the federal capital Baghdad. 
"As far as I know, we had no role in this visit," Nuer told a news conference. 
"But we always encourage Arbil and Baghdad to meet and dialogue," he said, calling on the two sides to hold constructive dialogues. 
On the agreement between Kurdistan and Iraq on the export of Kirkuk oil, Noiret said that "Iraq can be an important player in the global oil market through the export of crude oil." 
On Thursday, November 22, 2018, Barzani arrived in Baghdad on his first visit since relations between the center's governments and the region were strained in the wake of a referendum on secession in September last year.
After the referendum, Baghdad imposed sanctions on the region, including the ban on international flights and the expulsion of the Peshmerga from the disputed areas between the two sides, before gradually lifting them over the past months.

• Upvote 2

103143.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/11/28 18:47
  • Number of readings 72
  • Section: Iraq
  •  
  •  
  •  

Washington: a suspicious project of the law on the "security of Iraq"

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The US House of Representatives passed a bill on Tuesday (November 27, 2018) asking the US administration to impose sanctions on terrorist organizations and countries that threaten Iraq's security and stability, including Iran.

The bill stipulates that the US president should identify individuals and groups in Iraq that should be included in the list of terrorist organizations and impose sanctions on them, as well as submit a report to Congress detailing these groups.According to the text of the project.

The bill also imposes on the US State Department a list of armed organizations supported by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

The sanctions range from freezing funds and resources to not granting visas to enter the United States and canceling any previous visas.

The Senate should also approve a copy of the draft before it is sent to the White House.

Follow the obelisk - agencies

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to DUBAI: America is disturbed by the presence of Abdul Mahdi on power .. And why?

DUBAI: America is disturbed by the presence of Abdul Mahdi on power .. And why?

05:55 - 08/12/2018

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
America is troubled by the presence of Adel Abdul Mahdi in Iraq, the MP said on Saturday, pointing out that the reason that the latter posed a danger to America as an economist and had previously left an Iraqi influence on the international economy . 
"The Americans are still interfering with the Iraqi economy and their decision affects directly or indirectly," he said, noting that "the receipt of Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi, the former oil ministry, left a clear impact on the improvement of the situation The ministry is important in the Iraqi economy because oil is the backbone of the revenues of the Iraqi state and constitute almost 85% of them.
He added that "the receipt of Abdul-Mahdi to the Ministry of Oil for two years and being an economist and specialist, has been able to raise oil production from 3 million barrels per day to more than 4 million and thus able to develop the gas sector and all sectors of the oil," adding that "Abdul Mahdi, The impact of Iraq on the economic arena and the international economic decision. " 
"This is why America is alarmed by the presence of Abdul Mahdi, who is known for its destructive policy toward Iraq through wars and by fighting Iraq's economic resources and fighting economic figures who are capable of building the country's economy," he said. 
The Prime Minister, Adel Abdul Mahdi, the post of Minister of Oil for two years (2014 - 2016) in the government of Haider Abadi. Finished 29/6 n

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Deputy: US sanctions included 7 Iraqi leaders
  • yota691 locked this topic