Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Taxes when we exchange

Floridian

2 minutes ago, tankdude said:

Where were you at CSM?  I started at FOB GABE out of Baquba - wound up with most of the time being up in Kirkuk. (OIF III-IV,  2004-05)

Spent some time on Camps Anaconda, Liberty,  around the same time...then did a tour in AFG, Camp Eggers 2011-2012!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

That's great if they decide to do it that way....but I didn't get a receipt.  I walked up to a number if different merchants in Iraq ( I was deployed) and simply exchanged US dollars for dinar...would have done it at a bank but they wouldn't allow us in...*LOL*  

Ok so in that case, first things first good to talk to a lawyer, best bet is you can sign an affidavit under oath/ penalty of perjury on when you purchased your dinar. may or may not work but its worth a try.  it really depends on how much dinar you have and is it worth it to fight it. if you dont have much then, well whats the point, now if you have a lot?, well there is a hell of a difference between 15 and 37 percent in taxes, then I would fight it all the way to the judge, appeals and all. Rather than fight you in court, a good lawyer may say lets make a deal. well have to see, hope it works out for you.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2018 at 1:13 PM, rw.sutton said:

Dont forget, Trump said next year, we can pay our taxes with a 5 x 7 card..H and R Block would not like what he is getting ready to do..

God! I hope you are right and that he could make that happen. Being audited for mileage deduction 3 years ago and I’m totally screwed... the stipulations they have are so laborious. No one keeping mileage honestly like me can prove exactly what they want. The record keeping has to be meticulous 

• Upvote 1