Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Italy looks set for fresh elections as it enters third month without government

Hopefully he (and those like him) will soon reap what they sowed....Hate, Rage, Desperation, Divisiveness...and Racism...Toward themselves.....So maybe they'll learn a few things.......

He already threatened all those ( that includes me, obviously) who think different from him / them....that they will govern this Country for the next 30 years and we should get used to that.....Typically fascist speech

We'll see

Edited by umbertino

IN PICTURES: The Siena Palio, Italy's historic horse race

The Palio di Siena is a twice-annual festival that sees the Tuscan city's various districts compete in a bareback horse race

The Local
2 July 2018
12:14 CEST+02:00

IN PICTURES: The Siena Palio, Italy's historic horse race
The Palio di Siena, one of Italy's oldest horse races. Photo: Giuseppe Cacace/AFP

1530525272_000_PAR2003081552550.jpg
Photo: Vincenzo Pinto/AFP

More pics

https://www.thelocal.it/20180702/siena-palio-italy-historic-horse-race

Why a photo of Italy's champion relay team has politicians scrapping

Few things bring a country together like sporting victories, and with Italy failing to make it to the World Cup, good news from Italian athletes should be more welcome than ever. But in today's charged political climate, even a triumph on the track started arguments

Jessica Phelan
2 July 2018
16:33 CEST+02:00

Why a photo of Italy's champion relay team has politicians scrapping
From left: Raphaela Lukudo, Maria Benedicta Chigbolu, Libania Grenot and Ayomide Folorunso

Enjoy, Mr. Salvini!!!

'League of Leagues': Italy's Matteo Salvini calls for anti-immigration alliance across Europe

Italy's hardline Interior Minister Matteo Salvini called for a Europe-wide alliance against "mass immigration" at a triumphant annual gathering of his far-right League party on Sunday

AFP
2 July 2018
09:02 CEST+02:00

'League of Leagues': Italy's Matteo Salvini calls for anti-immigration alliance across Europe
Italy’s Interior Minister and Deputy PM Matteo Salvini speaks during the annual meeting of Lega Nord (North League) in Pontida, northeast Milan, on Sunday. MIGUEL MEDINA / AFP

Why am I surprised ( I am not infact) ?  Fascists will be fascists....He's been seated at the Gov't (as Interior Affairs Minister and Vice Prime Minister...plus being still Head of the League party) for 1 month now...and he showed us  that  every single day.......

Let's see  how this Horror Comedy unfolds........I know we ain't seen nothing yet........The worst has yet to come.......Hopefully then  the People will start realizing.......Hopefully......
Edited by umbertino

Italy’s Salvini promises new Euroskeptic bloc in 2019

The right-wing Italian deputy prime minister wants to spread his domestic success to other European countries

By Ryan Heath

7/1/18, 10:18 PM CET

Updated 7/2/18, 3:48 PM CET

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-matteo-salvini-promises-new-euroskeptic-bloc-in-2019-european-election-eu-league/

Italy to give Libya extra boats to deal with migrant crossings

The Italian government will give Libya 12 boats to help them "fight human trafficking" and curb the flow of migrants into Europe, Rome announced on Monday

AFP
3 July 2018
11:55 CEST+02:00

Italy to give Libya extra boats to deal with migrant crossings
People picked up from the Mediterranean by the Libyan coastguard. Photo: Taha Jawashi/AFP

Wow.....First of all.....In Libya there's not just one Gov't but at least 2 or 3  "Gov'ts" bragging they are the only ones rulers of the Country while instead they only influence and somehow "govern" some  specific areas and that's it.....Total confusion

Besides it's a known fact that all of those in a power position use migrants as slaughter flesh ( for money) raping, extorting money, killing etc.....

It was proven that many in the Military & Coast Guard, once they  have "saved" migrants in the sea...They then sell them to the various  human beings traffickers......All that can obviously only worsen after Salvini's choice not to accept NGO's boats into Italian ports anymore....More raped, more killed, more blackmailed and threatened for getting money etc ( as if their lives had been good, so far....Add insult and way more injury to the already existent  injury ....)

• Thanks 1

Here we go again....But Politicians ( Italian and European) don't care about human lives....They're not their immediate family, friends, relatives....Thus they may drown and die.....No big deal.....

Surely many of those politicians will even call themselves religious and / or  very religious....Yeah right.......

Mediterranean: more than 200 migrants drown in three days

Death toll for 2018 exceeds 1,000, sparking concerns over Italian and Libyan crackdown

Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor

Tue 3 Jul 2018 15.10 BST

3543.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=9368c278e342c92a3a4fabb8a6e5eb5a
Nine-year-old Khingsley Dokowada, from Central African Republic, rests on the deck of a Spanish NGO vessel
Photograph: Olmo Calvo/AFP/Getty

Edited by umbertino

Hey if Italy can do without an official government than maybe  Iraq can also. The illegal immigrants should be repatriated to their country of origin asap. While waiting in Italy they should be held in luxury tent cities behind barbed wire 10 ft fenses.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, new york kevin said:

Hey if Italy can do without an official government than maybe  Iraq can also.

Hello NYK....But we have now ( since 1 June infact) an official Gov't.....Sigh........

Happy 4th to you and Family

Matteo Salvini backed by politician 'with links to mafia'

Interior minister won senate seat with backing of Giuseppe Scopelliti, who is accused of having ties to ‘Ndrangheta

Lorenzo Tondo in Palermo and Stephanie Kirchgaessner in Rome

Tue 3 Jul 2018 12.30 BST

3648.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=ba5cbdfbe4ce250e3dd4719e2b5c1942
Matteo Salvini’s electoral gains in Calabria allegedly ‘relied on the support of men with a troubled past and a dark political history’,
Photograph: Mimmo Carriero/IPA/Rex/Shutterstock

So far .....Such a huge, shocking and troubling news hasn't made its way to the Italian media.....No TV's, no papers......Nothing......Hmmmm

I just read it here on the Guardian.....
Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Italy or Iraq ?

Italy.......And I wrote "Sigh" meaning that it would have been better (me thinks)  if we delayed a bit longer  rather than having this here HORRIBLE Gov't.....

My thoughts of course...Others in this Country will certainly tell you that this is the best Gov't ever.....

• Upvote 1

I just saw him (Salvini) on a TV interview....Really hopeless...And when the interviewer tries to dig deeper and questions him thoroughly on his policies, etc...He gives 2nd grader replies......

He tries to justify his obvious racism with lots and lots of cheap talk.......Works for some , evidently.....

Edited by umbertino

Finally...A word ( long due) of wisdom from our President of the Republic

Italy's president criticizes Salvini's 'irresponsible' migrant policy

Italy's president has suggested Interior Minister Matteo Salvini's migration policy is "irresponsible", and called for politicians to use "rationality" when discussing immigration

The Local
4 July 2018
16:43 CEST+02:00

Italy's president criticizes Salvini's 'irresponsible' migrant policy
Sergio Mattarella pictured in late May. Photo: Tiziana Fabi/AFP

https://www.thelocal.it/20180704/italys-president-slams-salvinis-irresponsible-migrant-policy

Italy needs migrants says pensions chief, you live on Mars responds Salvini

Boeri bemoans 'disinformation' about workers from abroad

Redazione ANSA Rome
04 July 201813:58 News

ef1c8d7fb4b25271fbbaf0242c0b2bee.jpg

Salvini vs BoeriALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

League says attack on democracy,to ask meet Mattarella

'They want to KO top Italian party'

Redazione ANSA Rome
04 July 201818:22 News

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2018/07/04/league-says-attack-on-democracyto-ask-meet-mattarella-3_ba661bbf-1b89-41f2-8cf2-254a92e36341.html

Edited by umbertino

Italy's top court orders €49 million to be seized from League party funds

Italian authorities should seize League funds "wherever they may be" until it has recouped some €49 million ($57.11M)  of public money received by the party's former leader and convicted fraudster, Italy's supreme court has ruled

Italy’s Matteo Salvini: the European leader most like Trump

In less than a month he has upended his country’s policies on migration and asylum

Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 01:00
Stephanie Kirchgaessner

Italy’s interior minister and deputy prime minister Matteo Salvini: those who knew him believed he was a true ideologue. Photograph: Andreas Solaro/AFP/Getty Images

Italy’s interior minister and deputy prime minister Matteo Salvini: those who knew him believed he was a true ideologue. Photograph: Andreas Solaro/AFP/Getty Images

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/italy-s-matteo-salvini-the-european-leader-most-like-trump-1.3542105

Salvini's anti-migrant pledge 'practically impossible' to fulfil

Expulsion vow was an election hit in Italy but critics point to financial and legal hurdles

Angela Giuffrida in Rome

Thu 5 Jul 2018 05.00 BST

2513.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=1ba7c417484c102edf04a5246cc7bf4f
Critics have compared Matteo Salvini’s electoral tactics with those of Donald Trump
Photograph: Andreas Solaro/AFP/Getty Images

And now, dear Matteo......Get down at 90 degrees........

Salvini tightens up asylum claims

Speed up cases, more rigour in granting humanitarian permits

Redazione ANSA Rome
05 July 201816:44 News

fbf0cc1424fea2b4a3e80aa538c64b05.0

5 hours ago, Indraman said:

Interesting articles Umbertino...sounds like Italy and other European countries are standing up to the Global, open boarders, one-world government elites as well.

Indy

First of all...Thanks for reading, Indraman...I do appreciate your interest ( of course I do)...

Secondly, I beg to differ on your legitimate assessment....

But Politics is one of those things (along, with sports, religion, women / sex, etc.) where it's great and it's fantastic to have different opinions and viewpoints.....I personally think that's so good  .... Only bad side of that being that at times spirits tend to heat up ....Shouldn't be that way....But happens...Happens to me a lot even if I don't like this about myself...But we're human...And we have our  ( moderate, strong, out of control even) passions

Again thanks for reading, Indraman.....Happy belated 4th to you and your Family

• Thanks 1

I re-read what I wrote above and I need to change something as I expressed myself wrongly.....

Your vision and judgment are  absolutely correct, Indraman ....So I cannot disagree with it in that you pictured the objective reality of the current situation......

What I meant  is that I do not like this state of things in Europe right now ( including in my own Country) and I do not agree with it

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, umbertino said:

I re-read what I wrote above and I need to change something as I expressed myself wrongly.....

Your vision and judgment are  absolutely correct, Indraman ....So I cannot disagree with it in that you pictured the objective reality of the current situation......

What I meant  is that I do not like this state of things in Europe right now ( including in my own Country) and I do not agree with it

Thanks Umbertino for your honesty and clarification. I know Immigration is a "hot-button" subject in most Countries in the world right now, especially in the United States of America.

Indy 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1