Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 04/24/2018

yota691

59 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

How most of us gonna' be like on our last day of work when Adam tells us the RV's popped lmao :lol:

giphy.gif

I work in Tech and no one is that athletic. When that day hits I will ready for the Olympics.  :lol:

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, yota691 said:

7492.jpg
The logo of the Association of Iraqi private banks «Economy News»

Banks

Economy News Baghdad:

The Association of Iraqi Private Banks announced the launch of the Financial Inclusion Week on Wednesday in all parts of the country, with the aim of increasing the dealings with the banking sector .

The Executive Director of the Association of Iraqi Private Banks, Ali Tariq in a press statement that "on Wednesday will see the start of the activities of the week of financial inclusion, which will involve all banks and financial companies operating in Iraq, in order to educate the public on the importance of financial coverage, which will reflect positively on the economy "He said.

He added that "the Central Bank and the Association of Private Banks are directly supervising the organization of the week of financial inclusion, which will be launched in conjunction with the Arab countries," noting that "Iraq wants to increase the number of customers with the banking sector to a large proportion because it will make citizens enjoy the banking services available to the public of loans Electronic payment and others . "

He pointed out that "the activities of the week of financial inclusion include the Iraqi banks to display their products in public places that you see appropriate from universities and commercial centers and others." He pointed out that "the banks will during the week of financial coverage to open bank accounts and the granting of credit cards and others ."

Views 150   Date Added 04/24/2018

Educating the masses.  :twothumbs:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, rissas dad said:

What's all the excitement about?

Some here believe, me included, that mass education for financial inclusion is starting to take place... coupled with visa international issuing tomorrow as well as the pressure from elections coming add up to a potential rate change or Quatum Leap Economically as Abadi calls it.....

My wallet is also ready to be included in an economical quatum leap

• Upvote 8

Admittedly was trolling a little.  I see what the (potential) big deal is.  However, as time goes on I've sadly become very jaded to most if not all of the the facts of this thing which as time has gone by, have began to question.  It makes sense that if they want the public to start trusting the banks and open accounts they have certainly done a myriad of steps to do just that.  Its just hard for me any more to assume that just because something positive is taking place therefore its close to the end (or start, depending on your perspective) as buttloads of good stuff has happened, especially recently, some of which really felt like could push it on, only to find out it didnt and more was needed.  Tough ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, rissas dad said:

Admittedly was trolling a little.  I see what the (potential) big deal is.  However, as time goes on I've sadly become very jaded to most if not all of the the facts of this thing which as time has gone by, have began to question.  It makes sense that if they want the public to start trusting the banks and open accounts they have certainly done a myriad of steps to do just that.  Its just hard for me any more to assume that just because something positive is taking place therefore its close to the end (or start, depending on your perspective) as buttloads of good stuff has happened, especially recently, some of which really felt like could push it on, only to find out it didnt and more was needed.  Tough ride.

Tough ride ? That at times is putting it mildly.  :(

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, rissas dad said:

Trust me, we all undestand! Been in since 2008 heard stuff that broke me down time and time again, but I’m in this to win this or go down swinging..... this is the most I’ve been excited in a long time.... I really feel all the pieces of the puzzle are lining up and something just feels different this time! Chin up my friend

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Trust me, we all undestand! Been in since 2008 heard stuff that broke me down time and time again, but I’m in this to win this or go down swinging..... this is the most I’ve been excited in a long time.... I really feel all the pieces of the puzzle are lining up and something just feels different this time! Chin up my friend

I have been pretty pump up about what has been happening too. This has been the most positive across the board events I have seen period.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I can't remember - Did they ever get deposit insurance, like we have here (FDIC)?  I know they were talking about it.  

I would think that would go a long way in getting Iraqis to open bank accounts, since they don't trust the banks.

I think I remember they did.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I can't remember - Did they ever get deposit insurance, like we have here (FDIC)?  I know they were talking about it.  

I would think that would go a long way in getting Iraqis to open bank accounts, since they don't trust the banks.

Could be one of the key votes needed that they did not finish its still unclear to me if it was finished left hanging in the vague iraqi way ............ this is from a news bot named yota posted december 2017 .... lol

Economie

From 2017-12-02 at 13:15 (Baghdad time)

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9

Follow up of Mawazine News

The Central Bank of Iraq announced the imminent launch of a deposit guarantee company after the completion of its establishment. He pointed out that this company will constitute a major shift between depositors and banks.

"The establishment of a deposit insurance company, which will be launched very soon, has been completed," the bank's governor Ali al-Aalak said at the Financial Services and Investment Conference held by the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers and his follower, Mawazine News, on Saturday. Depositors and banks ".

He added that "the Central Bank began to oblige the government departments and institutions to settle salaries," stressing that "a number of ministries have completed this step and follow the implementation in all ministries." Ended 29 / Mh

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

How most of us gonna' be like on our last day of work when Adam tells us the RV's popped lmao :lol:

giphy.gif

Too right ! . . . However, for that to happen I have to be inclined to even get to work to do my .” 100 meter Hurdles “  :lol:

. . . probably call in, tell them I’ve got “ blurry vision “ and just can’t SEE coming into work now . . . or EVER - buh by !

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

Could be one of the key votes needed that they did not finish its still unclear to me if it was finished left hanging in the vague iraqi way ............ this is from a news bot named yota posted december 2017 .... lol

Economie

From 2017-12-02 at 13:15 (Baghdad time)

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9

Follow up of Mawazine News

The Central Bank of Iraq announced the imminent launch of a deposit guarantee company after the completion of its establishment. He pointed out that this company will constitute a major shift between depositors and banks.

"The establishment of a deposit insurance company, which will be launched very soon, has been completed," the bank's governor Ali al-Aalak said at the Financial Services and Investment Conference held by the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers and his follower, Mawazine News, on Saturday. Depositors and banks ".

He added that "the Central Bank began to oblige the government departments and institutions to settle salaries," stressing that "a number of ministries have completed this step and follow the implementation in all ministries." Ended 29 / Mh

Thanks 3n1.  Reading this article, it sounds like it's already done.  And in thinking about it -  Why would Iraqis, who are so afraid of losing money with the banks, open accounts without deposit insurance?  I don't think they would.  

• Upvote 5