Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

T-ant-T: meet the exploding ants of Borneo

umbertino

Scientists discover ant species that fights enemies by detonating themselves, covering their foe in toxic goo

Hannah Ellis-Petersen

Fri 20 Apr 2018 06.12 BST

1463.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=4dbd537aa08077b35e5a0f4f912a43c4
The Colobopsis explodens ant, a new species discovered in Borneo, which explodes when threatened
Photograph: Zookeys/ Alexey Kopchinskiy

2 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

So we get them really scared or threatened and they will destroy themselves.

I'd guess if you happen to be  another insect ( who happened to scare them  willingly  or un-willingly) near them while blowing up.....You get killed too

Edited by umbertino

7 hours ago, soccercrazy said:

Well its from borneo indonesia the biggest muslim nation just fyi

That's correct, soccercrazy.....

Still.....It appears to be  apparently one of the most pacific ones...As far as  I recall ( but I can certainly be wrong...) there were no   important terror acts ( so far) involving Indonesian  terrorists...Again...I might be wrong here......

10 hours ago, umbertino said:

That's correct, soccercrazy.....

Still.....It appears to be  apparently one of the most pacific ones...As far as  I recall ( but I can certainly be wrong...) there were no   important terror acts ( so far) involving Indonesian  terrorists...Again...I might be wrong here......

Haha...no sir....not internationaly...but inside our own country ( special kind of stupid isn't it??) the muslim extremist is making their action(bali blast, jakarta)....they said the reason is the government not fair to muslim..hahaha ....but these ant are much better than those muslim, they sacrifice their live for others, but those muslim blow their selves for hurting others

7 hours ago, soccercrazy said:

Haha...no sir....not internationaly...but inside our own country ( special kind of stupid isn't it??) the muslim extremist is making their action(bali blast, jakarta)....they said the reason is the government not fair to muslim..hahaha ....but these ant are much better than those muslim, they sacrifice their live for others, but those muslim blow their selves for hurting others

Ok...Got it...Thanks soccercrazy......Have a great Sunday now......