Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why HCL?

Can anyone explain to me why must they pass the HCL law before there can be a revaluation of the dinar?  What is the connection? It certainly doesn’t look like the GOI will ever agree on this or even bring it up for a vote. They keep pushing it off to the “next session” year after year...  Is it at all possible that we can ever see an RV without the HCL law passing?

• Upvote 2

Some are saying it has been passed but in a funny way typical of over there, But I just not sure can only assume they passed enough if the did so they can revalue,  we have to wait till June I would say and hope all goes well. I really don't like the way things are snapping up and this election will make or break Iraq I hope the present leader gets back in and can set things in motion, Or we could be all diddled and it will be a bad thing for the area over there and a complete  waste it's so important this election...

• Upvote 2

Half Crazy Runner, Adam, along with other gurus, think the HCL is tied to the RV and so many people here have adopted that viewpoint.  I believe their rationale is that once the currancy has a higher value, it will be much more important how the oil revenues are divided among the different groups in Iraq.  In particular, the Kurds want more than the government wants to give them.  So, the thinking is that the guidelines need to be settled prior (or at least very close time-wise) to the increase in value.  However, not everyone agrees with viewpoint.  In fact, I do not .  Whether the dinar has a higher or lower value, I think everyone wants as big of a percentage of the oil revenue money as they can possibly get.  So to me, whether it's pre or post RV is irrelavant.  And for what it's worth, Breitling, who I believe is one of the most level headed, facts-only people in the dinar communicty, thinks the same.

Either way, it's really just an opinon, though probably the majority believe the two are connected.  And the truth is that any progress in Iraq is a good thing.  Still, the bottom line is.....  we wait.  Whatever the reason.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

• 9 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Half Crazy Runner said:

Is it at all possible that we can ever see an RV without the HCL law passing?

Great question. And here' we are, nearly a full year after your question. Still no HCL. When we look back on the past year, Iraq again proved their inept ability to squabble (elections), procrastinate (COM and budget). I'm in line with Breitling and KristiD. While the HCL seems to be a pathway to sharing the oil revenues with the Iraq citizens, the GOI can hardly agree on anything of minor importance. And whatever stage the previously passed 'partial HCL law' is at now, it appears it will sit that way. However, Iraq needs to prove itself to the international assembly of countries and companies waiting at it's doors to get a piece of the rebuilding pie, the infrastructure, the growth. With all that (schools, business, international opportunities) the citizens will really see immediate benefits, jobs, income, life improvements, new infrastructure. They don't need the HCL for that. And the GOI is keen to do a census before sharing HCL wealth, which seems to be on the burner for this year or next. So in essence, IMO, a change in rate and monetary growth with open borders to investment (and yes, currency has to flow freely between borders) is what Iraq has to do, and SOON !

Getting off my soap box now. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, King Bean said:

Great question. And here' we are, nearly a full year after your question. Still no HCL. When we look back on the past year, Iraq again proved their inept ability to squabble (elections), procrastinate (COM and budget). I'm in line with Breitling and KristiD. While the HCL seems to be a pathway to sharing the oil revenues with the Iraq citizens, the GOI can hardly agree on anything of minor importance. And whatever stage the previously passed 'partial HCL law' is at now, it appears it will sit that way. However, Iraq needs to prove itself to the international assembly of countries and companies waiting at it's doors to get a piece of the rebuilding pie, the infrastructure, the growth. With all that (schools, business, international opportunities) the citizens will really see immediate benefits, jobs, income, life improvements, new infrastructure. They don't need the HCL for that. And the GOI is keen to do a census before sharing HCL wealth, which seems to be on the burner for this year or next. So in essence, IMO, a change in rate and monetary growth with open borders to investment (and yes, currency has to flow freely between borders) is what Iraq has to do, and SOON !

Getting off my soap box now. :D

Thanks so much King Bean! To be honest, I completely forgot even asking that question 😆

Great insight into the situation 👍🏻

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, Half Crazy Runner said:

Thanks so much King Bean! To be honest, I completely forgot even asking that question 😆

Great insight into the situation 👍🏻

hahahahaa   I get that  every once in a while  ,    what was the question again ?   :lol:  ------  the h-c-l   is profit sharing of oil sales ,  ( wonder if they will pay the shares in dollars or  dinars  ? )  if dollars then they do not need too revalue the dinar ,  (  I don`t think they really needto revalue the dinar to have h-c-l either  )   ----- from pass talks about how the dinar value will not really bring wealth too the individual Iraqi citizen , but better buying power ,  as in cost of things , will either go sky high , or  no \difference , after the dinar values do move ,  ---- so why would h-c-l  be a problem now ?   the only thing I see is that the percentage of the money , and who and where that percentage goes , is the deal breaker  in the h-c-l  agreements any who ,   right now the dinar could go too 1 too 1  and only thing I see that Iraqi folks getting all excited about would be they can now let the mattress empty  and start spending the dinar they horded ,  some will have a lot of cash some not so much ,  as  in our cash out side dinar land ,  lot of us would have more cash , and some not so much as in  millions  .... ( as myself  I am ready too turn  this paper back into the Iraqi banks and  be done with dinar news  , although  the  dinarvets  lottery seems too still be rolling along   :lol:  about the same speed of the dinar re-value  hahahaha )  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread was listed as a “related topic” to something I was just viewing in the VIP section, otherwise I may have never seen it. 

The responses above are sufficient, but I’ll chime in anyway.

HCL is indeed merely a profit sharing agreement, and until there’s a decent agreement in place regarding profit sharing, we have a difficult road to travel for an RV, which is all about profit. 

The profits little people like us will see from a change in the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar are small compared to what larger instituitions will realize. This is something that happens every day, and that’s not particularly important. 

What IS important is this;

We can certainly have an RV without the HCL, but doesn’t it make sense that a written agreement that guarantees a portion of the spoils to a major part of the Iraqi (bicracky) population would grease the wheels?

I think so. :twothumbs:

There are times that I oversimplify things - my weekly updates would be regular 6 hour long dissertations if I didn’t. Over the years, I’ve given more than a few deeper looks into my reasonings for the importance of the HCL but I hope I’ve also expressed that it’s not a “requirement”. 

The Iraqi dinar will increase in value with or without an official HCL. Personally I think the rate will be stronger with the HCL. Also personally, I’d be happy with a  lower rate without an official HCL

:twocents:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

Truth :lol:

Hey Adam, did you see this? Spose it will help nudge the RV of the Dong?

Today, President Trump and Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc signed a $20 Billion dollar trade deal that includes 13 new transactions with Vietnam worth $8 billion, including $3 billion worth of U.S.-produced content that would support more than 23,000 American jobs. This is exciting news! Congratulations! #VietnamUSTradeDeal#RealGoodNews

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

• Upvote 1