Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Economist: Abadi better will lead Iraq to stability

yota691

40FF958D-ADFA-43FF-B0B3-D49A6746D442.jpe

Economist: Abadi better will lead Iraq to stability

In the policy of  April 7, 2018 on Economist: the best Abbadi will lead Iraq to stability closed  39 visits

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
The situation in Iraq is different today under Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi four years ago, when an organization was standing at the gates of Baghdad and raising its black flag over many Iraqi cities. Today, Dahesh and the number of civilians killed every month in armed confrontations have lost a small percentage of the number in 2014, oil production is abundant and the state's treasury is full of its revenues.

They are wrong

According to Economist, the influence of foreign powers, especially Iran and the United States, has declined, "after Iraqi politicians learned how to play against each other." Within weeks, parliamentary elections will be held.

This improvement in the situation in Iraq tempts some to say that the US invasion 15 years ago was justified, but they are wrong. Many of the blood was shed during those years, in Iraq and elsewhere after the occupation unleashed a wave of violence, and then Iraqi politicians contributed their share in further violence by fueling sectarian divisions.

"They have to learn from these mistakes, otherwise they will waste the moment that is very optimistic," says Economist.

Iraq looks like it was in 2010, but now it is better that year, which was also a parliamentary election, shortly after the defeat of al Qaeda with the decisive contribution of Sunni Awakening fighters. But after Barack Obama's withdrawal in 2011, Economist says that then Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki "ruled the Sunnis out of the security services and cut money on the Kurds and jailed Iraqis who were complaining" of his policies.

The report describes current Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi as "better," indicating that he is popular among the Sunnis, although he is Shiite, and that he now has a chance to unify the country. The report suggests that Abadi should integrate the popular crowd, which fought with the regular forces, and pay the salaries of its fighters directly and not from the path of their leaders to be loyal to the state.

Adults can be referred to retirement, enrolling young people in universities and those who have had jobs returning to their jobs.

The report stresses that Abbadi worked on the need to "exclude sectarianism from politics," criticizing the system of quotas and corrupts, "which led to corruption and stagnation rather than unity, where appointments on the basis of sectarian and ethnic affiliation rather than merit

• Upvote 2

And Maliki will lead Iraq back into ruins again! I think it would be awesome if Maliki ran again and received 3 votes total. Maybe then he would disappear back under the rock he crawled out from under. Since no one is going to judge him in a court room, let the fool be judged at the polls!      :lol:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jcfrag said:

And Maliki will lead Iraq back into ruins again! I think it would be awesome if Maliki ran again and received 3 votes total. Maybe then he would disappear back under the rock he crawled out from under. Since no one is going to judge him in a court room, let the fool be judged at the polls!      :lol:

That is my biggest concern, Maliki ending up winning.  

• Upvote 2

Good morning DV- and thanks again Yota.

jcfrag and Chuck: you both certainly raise a good point. The title to this article should have emphasized that 'Abadi is not going to lead Iraq to Instability.' 

I truly hope that one of the only delays to the RV - assuming  there is one - is that it's taking forensic  accountants longer than anticipated to identify  all of Malik's stolen assets - not to mention a way to take his home "that can house 30 million (per Dr. Shabibi ) people" away from  him.

• Upvote 1

Something tells me that if Maliki wins Sadr will unleash the power of the citizens action groups on him. Maliki  most likely rethinking running himself in the name of self preservation! He could end up buried in distant grave never to be found again. Who knows, they might flush him in the toilet like they did osama bin laden. I don't think it would end favorably  after all of Iraq has watched Abadi build hope and stabilization to a region that seemed hopeless 3 years ago.... I doubt anyone in Iraq wants to travel those troubled waters again.... 

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jcfrag said:

Something tells me that if Maliki wins Sadr will unleash the power of the citizens action groups on him. Maliki  most likely rethinking running himself in the name of self preservation! He could end up buried in distant grave never to be found again. Who knows, they might flush him in the toilet like they did osama bin laden. I don't think it would end favorably  after all of Iraq has watched Abadi build hope and stabilization to a region that seemed hopeless 3 years ago.... I doubt anyone in Iraq wants to travel those troubled waters again.... 

I am hoping Sadr hits the streets before the election. 

• Upvote 2