Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD)

jb4388

3M18 financial results (unaudited financial statements): Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) -

P&L - 1Q17: Sales (net): IQD77.8bn, +14% y/y,

Gross profit: IQD14.9bn, +22% y/y (Gross profit margin increased from 18.0% in 1Q17 to 19.2% in 1Q18),

Operating profit: IQD8.5bn, +16% y/y (Operating profit margin increased from 10.8% in 1Q17 to 11.0% in 1Q18),

EBITDA: IQD15.2bn, +11% y/y (EBITDA margin decreased from 20.1% in 1Q17 to 19.5% in 1Q18),

Profit before tax: IQD8.4bn, +16% y/y (Profit before tax margin increased from 10.7% in 1Q17 to 10.8% in 1Q18).

Wonder what kind of dividends will be shared with shareholders?

On 4/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, King Bean said:

I thought I read the new tax on soft drinks, starting after budget approval, was going to be 200%. That's gotta hurt. ;)

The newspaper Al-Ghad Press received Sunday a document issued by the Ministry of Finance requesting all border crossing points to impose a 200% fine on imported alcoholic beverages.

While a tax on sweets, ice cream, dairy products, juices and soft drinks was imposed at 25%, according to the Financial Budget Law of 2018.

Just wondering if IBSD is taxed the same since it is a local company? (Not an imported beverage) Not that I really care...

I say that because " all border crossing points to impose a 200% fine on imported alcoholic beverages"

IBSD (Pepsi) is being produced in Iraq not imported.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jb4388 said:

Just wondering if IBSD is taxed the same since it is a local company? (Not an imported beverage) Not that I really care...

I say that because " all border crossing points to impose a 200% fine on imported alcoholic beverages"

IBSD (Pepsi) is being produced in Iraq not imported.

Just was youing to post that, hmmmmmm. Do I smell a business opportunity?

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) held its AGM* today (May 3, 2018). In the meeting, the company approved 2017 annual financial results, decided to distribute 10% cash dividend (IQD0.10 dividend per share, 2.5% dividend yield) and approved importing and installing a mechanical inventory for vertical inventory storage, establishing new Aquafina production line and a new soft drinks production line for cans. In addition, IBSD is planning to discuss the following issues in its next general meeting: increasing its capital from IQD177.3 bn to IQD200.0 bn through bonus issue; establishing a factory in Basra to be able to dominate the market in the six southern provinces and purchasing Northern Soft Drinks Company to control the province of Mosul; and exporting Aquafina to neighboring countries.

Edited by jb4388
  • Upvote 1

Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) will resume trading tomorrow (May 9, 2018) after discussing and approving 2017 annual financial results and distributing 10% cash dividend (IQD0.10 dividend per share, 2.5% dividend yield).

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...