Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move

• yota691 featured and pinned this topic
58 minutes ago, justchecking123 said:

Floridian will be checking in shortly.

Yes, here I am and this is what I have to say about it.  Educate the "vulnerable souls" right away, so that nobody takes advantage of them.

We don't want to wait until May and we don't want Maliki (or any lackey of his) in power.  If Abadi RVs the currency before elections, he's got a sure "win".

"Antoine predicted that the project would be implemented after the legislative elections scheduled for next May"

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

And the problem is  -  How we gonna pay all those new taxes that are in the budget, fellow citizens?  We gonna eat less?

I imagine they’ll be eating less sugar and honey as they are now taxed at 200%  😐

Also, it’s just this one guys opinion that it needs to wait until after the elections. You can’t give these guys an open ended time frame like that, they need a concrete deadline or they just kick it down the road month after month. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Anybody find the real estate and income taxes in the budget?  This is what's really gonna hurt the people, if they don't raise the dinar rate soon.

14 new tax waiting for Iraqis with the entry into force of the budget

14:10 - 31/03/2018
%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%A8-696x435.j

Information / Baghdad ...

The Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed on Saturday the entry of 14 new taxes into force immediately after the publication of the budget law in the official newspaper, noting that the government has been subject to the conditions of the International Monetary Fund to impose such taxes within the budget.

"With the entry into force of the budget law, 14 new taxes will come into force," Commission Rapporteur Ahmad Hama told Al-Mawloom. "The government has met the conditions set by the International Monetary Fund to impose taxes."

He added that "the budget includes the imposition of 10% on goods sold in malls and shopping centers and services provided in men's and women's barbershops and all hotels, as well as 20% of the tax on the sale of phones and cards, Internet and 15% for the import of cars.

"The government also imposed 12 percent as a tax on real estate and a similar percentage as income tax, in addition to imposing fees on airports, tickets for 25 thousand dinars on foreign trips and 10,000 dinars on internal tickets," he said, adding that "200% was imposed on cigarettes and honey Alcoholic beverages and 10 cents per liter of sweetened beverages. " End 25 d

http://www.almaalomah.com/2018/03/31/296126/

Edited by Floridian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

At the current value of the IQD, the government will drive its people into the ground like a tent stake-yea, I know: even more so than before. Their only salvation comes with a Globally recognized currency bringing with outside investment.

That and hopefully after the elections, a competent GOI:unlike the present company of baboons occupying the Parliament building.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I imagine they’ll be eating less sugar and honey as they are now taxed at 200%  😐

Also, it’s just this one guys opinion that it needs to wait until after the elections. You can’t give these guys an open ended time frame like that, they need a concrete deadline or they just kick it down the road month after month. 

Diabetes Drugs in country will start dropping! Quick sell shares of Iraqi Pharmaceuticals...... lol 

• Haha 3

Economy News Baghdad:
The central bank has submitted a project to delete three zeros of currency, with the aim of coping with inflation and revitalizing the economy, but has had to stop it because of the worsening security and political situation in the country.
The governor of the central bank, Ali relationship, said in a discussion session with the editors of a number of Iraqi media, including the "Economy News", that "the theme of deleting the zeros of the coin are ready, but it needs an appropriate environment to apply it, noting that" providing the right environment contributes to preventing manipulation and fraud By the weak souls. "
The central government stands with the central Bank project to delete three currency zeros, because it sees "hurt in raising the efficiency of the cash payments system", according to the financial advisor to the head of government.
"The current environment is suitable for this project because there is financial and political stability in the country, especially after the salvation of Isis," said Mohammed Saleh, in an interview with the economy news.
He stressed that the project should not be relied upon to support the Iraqi dinar, but rather "focus on creating all the conditions that would support the Iraqi dinar and political and economic stability, pointing out that the central bank has accumulated experience in dealing with the subject.
The Economist, in the name of Jamil Anton, told the "Economy News", "the current environment is inappropriate for the current zeros project, because the security situation has not yet stabilized in perfect form."
"The project needs educational campaigns to be accepted by citizens and does not affect market traffic," he said, stating that "the project has the benefits of reducing the amount of money used in deposits, which helps accountants not to make mistakes in dealing with zeros in the amounts. Large, as well as reduce the number of fund secretaries and protect money from theft. "
Antoine predicted that the project would be implemented after the legislative elections scheduled for next May.
Total No. 2318 Date of additional 03/04/2018

B/A
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

o kay this is the 2 nd time we have read or witnessed , this topic and type of post ----> in Iraqi  time space and  daily ways ,  1 more  time with this  delete the zero`s  and same wording from  central bank  is  usually the  " go time "  for   the  process to start ...   { the reason I say  3 times , is  the  way the budget  has been presented  in the past , they  talk it to death and post it  usually 3 times in the articles and  it gets  done in the  next time frame ,  or  it seems to be the  structure of  Iraqi information  }    and this   number 2  was in a 3 day span  ,  next week  will be  exciting in the news area I bet !   (  or   I  hope so  )  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Antione Jamil is obviously  from the Maliki camp. Cause like what, there is not enough security and stability now, but there will be after the elections? Yeah, right! Let's see Ali Al Alak and Mohamed Sales are both saying the time is suitable NOW. So for me, I think that I will take central bank governors and deputy governors for 20,000,000.00 Alex!

Edited by mr.unlikely
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

So AFTER & NOT BEFORE ? BS :bs: or “ da TROOTH “  . . . Enquiering minds would like to know. I suspect we’ve not seen the last of these types of articles. If it’s after this is gonna take a while - you would think before the elections would make sense in clinching the elections for Abadi & crew —— but this is Iraq after all. Slow as molasses in January.

stay tuned kids “ As the World Turns in Iraq “ soap opera is being renewed for another season. Oy. vey

or not . . . 

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

So AFTER & NOT BEFORE ? BS :bs: or “ da TROOTH “  . . . Enquiering minds would like to know. I suspect we’ve not seen the last of these types of articles. If it’s after this is gonna take a while - you would think before the elections would make sense in clinching the elections for Abadi & crew —— but this is Iraq after all. Slow as molasses in January.

stay tuned kids “ As the World Turns in Iraq “ soap opera is being renewed for another season. Oy. vey

or not . . . 

Ten you forgot to add that the molasses is traveling uphill in a snowstorm against a strong headwind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

My God!  These people have to be the most aggravating people in the world.

Their news articles say one thing today and the opposite tomorrow.

Their parliament are crooks and don't want to work.

I could make this list 10 miles long, if I think about it long enough.

Sooooooo different from the rest of civilization.

Hopefully, with the advent of internet, cellphones, etc. the younger generation will see what the rest of the world is like and won't stand for what previous generations have tolerated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic