Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move

7 hours ago, Floridian said:

Alak, who just got the "best banker" award, says they will delete 3 zeros from the currency and the value will not be affected.  I believe him.  He is talking to Iraqis in the news articles.

Here's my take:

Delete 3 zeros from the currency.

Introduce lower denoms.

25,000 = 25 (People can use either note because they are both worth 25)

No confusion for the population, as they are used to spending dollars.

There will be no deletion of zeros from the nominal rate.  (Sorry, Tlar.)

Then, the CBI will change the exchange rate and make it whatever they deem the correct exchange rate should be.

The problem for us is in whether or not they delete 3 zeros from the currency we're holding, or if they let us exchange our currency with the zeros still in effect.

My theory on that is that we will be able to exchange with the zeros still in effect if Trump has anything to say about it,  because I believe the US Treasury has a few trillion dinar and that would pay off the debt that Obama left us with.

The above is in my opinion only.

I think we will be in good shape, old notes and new living side by side for a few years. 

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I have no proof, but there was a NY Times article years ago that said during the Iraqi War we flew tons of money over there.

Lots of people felt we got "worthless" dinar in return that would someday be worth a fortune.  

Remember when Bush said the Iraq War wouldn't cost us anything?  Many people felt that's what he meant.

I'll see if I can find the article.

I remember that article. That is why I am a believer that we are in good shape. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Here's my favorite line from the article, knowing that now, it's 15 years later. Yes, let's not have it appreciate too much!   😂

"Because the new Iraqi dinar was so popular, the central bank bought billions of United States dollars to keep it from appreciating too much."

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I think we will be in good shape, old notes and new living side by side for a few years. 

Chuck they are talking about the 2003 and 2013 dinar notes.

http://ina.iq/eng/2018/04/01/the-iraqi-circulatd-banknotes/

The Iraqi Circulated Banknotes

Last updated Apr 9, 2018

INA – Baghdad

In 2013 the Central Bank of Iraq has upgraded the circulated banknotes the series of 2003 which included graphic design and technical characters apart from the denomination of (50) dinar which has been withdrawn from circulation since 1st May 2015.

In 2013 the Central Bank of Iraq has upgraded the circulated banknotes the series of 2003…..

The two series will remain legal tender alongside in circulation until the old are naturally worn out.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

Just stating my opinion.  Am I not allowed to have an opinion and post it, like everyone else?

How about we just wait and see what happens instead of you being the nastiest person on this dinar board and shooting off your mouth every time I post?

Hey, Floridian, don’t let Your under garments get all in a twist for any Red Ruby Citations for “Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power”. I would choose to think of them as Badges Of Honor. Maybe You could, too!!!

:tiphat:

I gave You a bunch of Emeralds. I hope You don’t mind!!! :lmao:

Anyway, I appreciate what You bring to the table here at DinarVets, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!!

In The Mean Time.............................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Hey, Floridian, don’t let Your under garments get all in a twist for any Red Ruby Citations for “Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power”. I would choose to think of them as Badges Of Honor. Maybe You could, too!!!

I gave You a bunch of Emeralds. I hope You don’t mind!!! :lmao:

Anyway, I appreciate what You bring to the table here at DinarVets, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!!

In The Mean Time.............................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Thank you, Synopsis.  I sure appreciate what you bring to the table, too.  😊

This I like:

"Red Ruby Citations for “Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power”.   LOL LOL

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Thank you, Synopsis.  I sure appreciate what you bring to the table, too.  😊

This I like:

"Red Ruby Citations for “Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power”.   LOL LOL

Hey, Floridian, I have been giving You emeralds. I hope You don’t mind!!! :lmao:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, VIZIOIRAQI said:

Well it's been four months since this article broke out and I'm just now getting excited about it :) Can we say Fiscal Year RV Olay , it will soonly be the Post RV!

Image result for Soonly

Please, please, please, please, please, PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASE!!! :praying:

• Upvote 6

On 6/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, Floridian said:

Thanks Floridian!

This part made me laugh ..

Treasury Secretary John Snow opened the presentation with a series of slides.”

All I could think of was,  You know nothing John Snow 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic