Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move

2 minutes ago, danielchu said:

LOL   The CBI has said the DINAR will return too its former glory adjusted for time and inflation!   Former rate WAS $ 3.22 good luck with that LOP !!

If they were gonna just lop why not do it 10 years ago and save everyone the hassle of waiting? Their economy could have really started rebuilding years ago lol

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

chris2k4

• Advanced Member
  •  
  •  
  • Members
  • 32 posts

see something strange, article in dates orders old ot new :)

•The CBI’s plan for reducing the Iraqi dinar

•CBI begins re-structuring of the local currency

•CBI announces completion of plan to remove zeros from currency; Reprint 30 trillion dinars

•CBI: Dont fear the dinar

•Iraqi Dinar will regain glory and coins in our pockets soon

•World Union of Arab Bankers: CBI is preparing to replace the currency soon*

•CBI is preparing to replace the Iraqi currency after the cancellation of three zeros from Monetary value of the mass

•Iraq: Towards the abolition of 3 zeros from banknotes

•CBI: Project to lift zeros still on track just not implemented; Denies counterfeit currency is the delay

•Experts call for citizens to address currency, Central undertakes small and replacing the damaged

•CBI Advisor: Draft feminine change currency cash in line with economic growth

•CBI, Economist weigh in on pro’s and fears associated with the lifting of zero’s

•Senior banker calls for the activation of the reality of the work of private banks

•CBI decides to develop coins as part of plan to restructure the currency

•Ahzvo three zeros and stay tuned results

•CBI Advisor would be surprised if executive, legislative branch calls for a delay in changing of currency

•Iraq currency shops multiply as citizens trade IQD for USD; Officials say shops are flagrantly exploiting public ignorance

•Economist: The return of the coin guide to control inflation

•Iraq’s Central Bank mulling printing new currency

•CBI: The decision to raise zeros from the currency maker .. and it needs to field work

•Economist calls on CBI and Ministry of Finance to prevent corruption during the lifting of the zero’s from the currency

•CBI denies the lifting of the zeroes from the currency this year

•Delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency

•Ministry of Finance: The risk of corruption can emerge when you change the currency

•Economic Opinion: Deletion of zeros from the currency; Deceptively strong imbalances

•Opinion: New Dinars for Old (from Iraq Business News)

•CBI anounces that the deletion of zeros from the currency will be before the middle of next year

•Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination

•CBI: “Structuring currency” includes lifting of the zeroes and the issuance of new categories

•CBI declares its readiness to start deleting zeros; CBI to submit plan to Parliament for vote ***

•CBI: Currency reconstruction needed to ease complex transactions***

•CBI has decided to execute monetary restructuring; Raising of the zeros ***

•CBI denies the exchange rate affected by deleting the zeros

•Iraqi dinar is trying to get rid of O’s … But!!

•CBI: It is time to re-evaluate the currency, commensurate with the price changes and the wage in the economy***

•Dow Jones: Iraq Central Bank Studies Procedure To Remove 3 Zeros From Dinar***

•CBI study how to raise the value of the dinar

•Iraqi central bank says that it will submit a law organizing the process of removing 3 zeros from the dinar ***

•Iraqi List MP: Deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency would overcome all the economic difficulties

•CBI: The restructuring of the Iraqi currency inflation fit the cash block

•Citizen of Dhi Qar concerns and questions on change of Iraqi currency

•Iraq News Study: Raise zeros from the Iraqi currency, Part I and II

•Put the finishing touches on the project raise three zeroes from the Iraqi dinar

•CBI: Iraqi parliament is to decide to raise zeros from currency

•CBI in process of dropping zeros from IQD ****

•Delete the zeros from the Iraqi currency **

•Iraq economist calls for GOI to deal with inflation; Demanding quick procedures such as deleting the zeros from the currency

•Researchers at Mustansiriya Univ. assert that the cost of lifting the zeros from the currency of the largest utility

•Finance: Delete the zeros of the local currency enhances the value of the Iraqi dinar in the International Monetary Fund

•Restructuring of the Iraqi currency without issuance of new categories

•The central bank denies issuing currency class 100 thousand dinars

•Flashback Feb 26, 2010: Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination

•CBI adviser: Dinar will rise against the dollar in the coming period

•Abrihi Ahmed Ali: Delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency

•Experts: Delete the zeros from the currency will raise the value, Lead to revaluation

•Shabibi and CBI advisors brief Iraqi parliament

•Parliament questions CBI over deleting zeros

•Iraqi Finance: Deleting the zeros from the currency will strengthen the position of Iraq to the IMF

•Aljazeera: Call to delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar

•As of tomorrow displays the file “to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency

•Economists: Delete zeros will help to widespread use in the currency•Central Bank past by deleting the zeros of the Iraqi operation

•An Iraqi official announced the adoption of a new strategy intended to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies.

Al-Wazzan: Raising three zeros from the nominal value of the Iraqi dinar

•The central bank is ready to delete the zeros from the dinar after the formation of the government directly

•Central Bank project to delete the three zeroes from the dinar: objectives and risk

Edited August 6, 2011 by chris2k4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, danielchu said:

chris2k4

• Advanced Member
  •  
  •  
  • Members
  • 32 posts

see something strange, article in dates orders old ot new :)

•The CBI’s plan for reducing the Iraqi dinar

•CBI begins re-structuring of the local currency

•CBI announces completion of plan to remove zeros from currency; Reprint 30 trillion dinars

•Iraqi Dinar will regain glory and coins in our pockets soon

•World Union of Arab Bankers: CBI is preparing to replace the currency soon*

•CBI is preparing to replace the Iraqi currency after the cancellation of three zeros from Monetary value of the mass

•Iraq: Towards the abolition of 3 zeros from banknotes

•CBI: Project to lift zeros still on track just not implemented; Denies counterfeit currency is the delay

•Experts call for citizens to address currency, Central undertakes small and replacing the damaged

•CBI Advisor: Draft feminine change currency cash in line with economic growth

•CBI, Economist weigh in on pro’s and fears associated with the lifting of zero’s

•Senior banker calls for the activation of the reality of the work of private banks

•CBI decides to develop coins as part of plan to restructure the currency

•Ahzvo three zeros and stay tuned results

•CBI Advisor would be surprised if executive, legislative branch calls for a delay in changing of currency

•Iraq currency shops multiply as citizens trade IQD for USD; Officials say shops are flagrantly exploiting public ignorance

•Economist: The return of the coin guide to control inflation

•Iraq’s Central Bank mulling printing new currency

•CBI: The decision to raise zeros from the currency maker .. and it needs to field work

•Economist calls on CBI and Ministry of Finance to prevent corruption during the lifting of the zero’s from the currency

•CBI denies the lifting of the zeroes from the currency this year

•Delete the three zeroes from the Iraqi currency

•Ministry of Finance: The risk of corruption can emerge when you change the currency

•Economic Opinion: Deletion of zeros from the currency; Deceptively strong imbalances

•Opinion: New Dinars for Old (from Iraq Business News)

•CBI anounces that the deletion of zeros from the currency will be before the middle of next year

•Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination

•CBI: “Structuring currency” includes lifting of the zeroes and the issuance of new categories

•CBI declares its readiness to start deleting zeros; CBI to submit plan to Parliament for vote ***

•CBI: Currency reconstruction needed to ease complex transactions***

•CBI has decided to execute monetary restructuring; Raising of the zeros ***

•CBI denies the exchange rate affected by deleting the zeros

•Iraqi dinar is trying to get rid of O’s … But!!

•CBI: It is time to re-evaluate the currency, commensurate with the price changes and the wage in the economy***

•Dow Jones: Iraq Central Bank Studies Procedure To Remove 3 Zeros From Dinar***

•CBI study how to raise the value of the dinar

•Iraqi central bank says that it will submit a law organizing the process of removing 3 zeros from the dinar ***

•Iraqi List MP: Deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency would overcome all the economic difficulties

•CBI: The restructuring of the Iraqi currency inflation fit the cash block

•Citizen of Dhi Qar concerns and questions on change of Iraqi currency

•Iraq News Study: Raise zeros from the Iraqi currency, Part I and II

•Put the finishing touches on the project raise three zeroes from the Iraqi dinar

•CBI: Iraqi parliament is to decide to raise zeros from currency

•CBI in process of dropping zeros from IQD ****

•Delete the zeros from the Iraqi currency **

•Iraq economist calls for GOI to deal with inflation; Demanding quick procedures such as deleting the zeros from the currency

•Researchers at Mustansiriya Univ. assert that the cost of lifting the zeros from the currency of the largest utility

•Finance: Delete the zeros of the local currency enhances the value of the Iraqi dinar in the International Monetary Fund

•Restructuring of the Iraqi currency without issuance of new categories

•The central bank denies issuing currency class 100 thousand dinars

•Flashback Feb 26, 2010: Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination

•CBI adviser: Dinar will rise against the dollar in the coming period

•Abrihi Ahmed Ali: Delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency

•Experts: Delete the zeros from the currency will raise the value, Lead to revaluation

•Shabibi and CBI advisors brief Iraqi parliament

•Parliament questions CBI over deleting zeros

•Iraqi Finance: Deleting the zeros from the currency will strengthen the position of Iraq to the IMF

•Aljazeera: Call to delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar

•As of tomorrow displays the file “to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency

•Economists: Delete zeros will help to widespread use in the currency•Central Bank past by deleting the zeros of the Iraqi operation

•An Iraqi official announced the adoption of a new strategy intended to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies.

Al-Wazzan: Raising three zeros from the nominal value of the Iraqi dinar

•The central bank is ready to delete the zeros from the dinar after the formation of the government directly

•Central Bank project to delete the three zeroes from the dinar: objectives and risk

Edited August 6, 2011 by chris2k4

???

• Haha 1

A lop or a float ould make for a volitile swinging currency value . It would create chaos as far as budgets ,loans ,rebuilding costs . I believe it will come out   at a  stable rate . Higher than Kuwait . Any $5,26 peeps out there? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

will be interesting to see how all the iqd held outside iraqs borders will be exchanged there is a lot of iqd outside iraq's banking ( will foreign country banks be involved in the 3 zero exchange ? ) ... i see the iraqi population size in comparison to smaller population M.E. countries like kuwait and saudi and so on  will affect the iraqi citizens share of oil procedes , when i last searched it years ago a kuwaiti citizen received about 30 K yearly but like stated above a much smaller population compared to iraq, i dont have a article link but i remember shabibi stating that iraq would not be like many of the welfare M.E. countries their plan was to have a working / job based population with taxation with some oil money to each citizen , which has not occured as of today .. i agree with leplusgrand there  is zero guarantee of profit everyone took a risk no risk no reward , imo usually its hard to get ahead of the big fish in investing they do get special advance timeframes investing it's the way of the world .... all the best & cheers dv ....letsroll  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

will be interesting to see how all the iqd held outside iraqs borders will be exchanged there is a lot of iqd outside iraq's banking ( will foreign country banks be involved in the 3 zero exchange ? ) ... i see the iraqi population size in comparison to smaller population M.E. countries like kuwait and saudi and so on  will affect the iraqi citizens share of oil procedes , when i last searched it years ago a kuwaiti citizen received about 30 K yearly but like stated above a much smaller population compared to iraq, i dont have a article link but i remember shabibi stating that iraq would not be like many of the welfare M.E. countries their plan was to have a working / job based population with taxation with some oil money to each citizen , which has not occured as of today .. i agree with leplusgrand there  is zero guarantee of profit everyone took a risk no risk no reward , imo usually its hard to get ahead of the big fish in investing they do get special advance timeframes investing it's the way of the world .... all the best & cheers dv ....letsroll  

just wanted to add as most know in 2009 the ministry of Planning (MOP) of iraq established a exchange rate of 1.13 was to be used to factor contracts who knows where its all at today when looking at this sometimes i see monumental complexities to accomplish but there has been a plan in place .. :bananacamel:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

just wanted to add as most know in 2009 the ministry of Planning (MOP) of iraq established a exchange rate of 1.13 was to be used to factor contracts who knows where its all at today when looking at this sometimes i see monumental complexities to accomplish but there has been a plan in place .. :bananacamel:  

Thank you for the reminder!  1.13 would be amazing!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, navira said:

Jg1, U won't have to worry about being unemployed. All I know is this thing will come out

Not so much about me. But about the ones that count on me. 

Its nice you care enough to directly respond to me. Life can be good, it can be hard, it can be just enough. I think for so many its just been enough for too long. Waiting for the good times to roll and hope we all put our money in a safe place where we cant be taken advantage of, I kinda have a history of that. Heres to good times for all of us and our loved ones. Cheers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

If I’m understanding you correctly, you are saying 1,000,000 Dinar will become 1,000 and will be worth $1.18 per Dinar.

So if you have 1,000,000 Dinar currently, your profit after waiting 10, 12,15 years will be $180?  

And then you pay a ton of tax on your $180 fortune?   Is that what you’re saying? 

Why are people confused?

He’s saying if you paid $1,000 for your 1,000,000 Dinar, after LOP you will have 1,000 Dinar.  

1,000 x $1.18 = $1,180

Profit would be $180, on which he says you would pay 39%.

I was being facetious  because if he is right, this will all have been a huge waste of time.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jg1 said:

Its nice you care enough to directly respond to me. Life can be good, it can be hard, it can be just enough. I think for so many its just been enough for too long. Waiting for the good times to roll and hope we all put our money in a safe place where we cant be taken advantage of, I kinda have a history of that. Heres to good times for all of us and our loved ones. Cheers. 

I kinda see it like a Bow and Arrow..... when the string is pulled back it creates a lot of tension....... probably uncomfortably so for the string....... but when it’s released........ that arrow flys baby!

We just hope that the tension for all of us that’s been built up for many years(10 or so for me) will make this Arrow fly straight at it’s target! (Financial Independence for my family) 

I hope that it’s released soon Jg1 and that all your dreams come true, and your tension is eased. 

Have a fantastic week! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, jg1 said:

Praying for you and your family jg1!

Have faith my friend! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dinar: Dr. Shabibi answering revaluation and redenomination questions

AAuE7mBxPGg5NN8_wJ188_7HXBe1drBPkG0LYxg-
Published on Oct 21, 2012

SUBSCRIBE 251
Original Footage by: Frothbucket. Video edited by coquidinares. Date: Abril 19,2011 Location: US Chamber of Commerce Washington, DC Dr. Shabibi answers a revaluation and redenomination question made by two attendees. Transcript: Question: Revaluation With respect to the ongoing and need of stability in Iraq and its exchange rate, we did not follow that there is a direct need for a potential revaluation of the currency to its due for domestic and foreign investment in Iraq, and in regard to that, how far you believe we are from a potential revaluation of the Iraqi currency. Shabibi answer: Well thank you very much for this question and the ... ahmmm ....... even if I know the answer I cannot tell you .. (laughter) the thing is ... you cannot have an economist saying without....the answer depends, so the question here is if revaluation is really going to depend on what extent we are going to continue controlling the inflation.. as you know, if you go to the Central Bank website ... the first job is maintaining price stability . So there is a little bit of inflation in Iraq ... it use to be 2%... 3% ... now is about 5% . But we are watching that very carefully ... If this inflation continues we will have to revisit the question of exchange rate because revaluation depends on inflation ... of course .. the other factors that determine the movement in currencies are a lot ... sometimes we look at trade, exports and imports, all the obligations, the balance of payments and all this things ...definitely no doubt you look at those ... but those are problems related to the development part of the economy. The question of maintaining a price stability is really something ...you see the inflation and all this things..... cause nobody else in the economy is concern with inflation .... the government puts its budget... the government is the spender and the Central Bank its saver.... It's not very important for them to concentrate on inflation .... so actually the question here is we are going to track and follow the development in inflation first and of course other factors which I mentioned. Second then will determine our exchange rate movement. Thank you Governor. This may be the same question, so I can understand if you can't answer. My name is Bob Kelly, I am an Investor in Iraq, the Summit Hotel in the International Zone with the OPEC financing. Question: Redenomination I've heard a report in the last couple of days That Iraq is about to cut three zeros off the currency ...they call that re-denomination that may be the same question (revaluation) that you just received but I wonder if you had any information about that. Shabibi answer Well, I mean .... I don't know whether if it is the same question (revaluation), I think this cutting of three zeros... shouldn't be exaggerated ... actually that is the problem...the question is ... just " re-denomination" .... and .... people writing a lot of articles in the news papers... criticizing the Central Bank...., that is going to .... the value the Iraqi dinar... that is going to depreciate ... all kinds of talks. This is a question, just actually, to facilitated payment... ease of counting and all this things.... and of course when you see a lot of figures, you see trillions and huge figures.... if you want to be precise and you see twelve figures or fifteen figures or digits ... So I think we have a plan on that. If you remember ... why .... there was not a government decree to add this zeros. It happened because of the course of development of the economy at the beginning of the eighties.... Inflation was very high ... Inflation was rampant and therefore ... I mean small denoms start not to be use ... so government started to add the three zeros at the time.... and of course conditions are different now . Inflation is under control, exchange rate is manage by the Central Bank.... all these things when you have the zeros you could not manage ... not because of fault of the government or the Central Bank (only) ... which I think there was but because there were a lot of exogenous (external) factors. I'm not saying that we are champions now I mean ... there were a lot external factors which affected and a lot of people did not know what to do, so they started to add three zeros and all this things. So now the situation is completely different from that time, you had a high inflation, you have now a low inflation, you had actually something which is a stable macroeconomics situation . At that time the situation was not stable . So the only way to combat all of this things at the time was to increase the denomination and put three zeros. Continue reading here: http://coquidinares.forumotion.com/t8...
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

You really do not know what the problema of a lop is after 10 years of being in this?  I cannot help you then.  Ask someone else.  If you make 180 bucks...what...do you pay forward 4 dollars to your neighbor and keep the 177 bucks?

I wouldnt make 180 bucks/ I think if you paid 1000+ for a mil dinar and when you sell it you pay some more fee's, then some taxes, pretty sure thats not a positive gain. 

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic