Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move

1 hour ago, keylime said:

Please. Otherwise you'll be changing your name to 20 Years Later!

It’s getting close isn’t it ...10YL+5 ( nearly 6 as of 1/1/19 ) Good Lord, too long of a name change for now. 

As of 2019 I could go by the “ The Rabidly Impatient Madman previously known as 10YL “  - gotta good Ring to it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, thunderbolt427 said:

Diaa Mohsen is a writer for Buratha News Agency.  Following is the link to his article regarding Iraq Currency:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=https://burathanews.com/arabic/&prev=search

thanks thunderbolt , that link brought up a boat load of articles maybe my googlers busted ... heres the link i get to the article being discussed , not that it is different from the original poster's article they are the same ... cheers 

http://burathanews.com/arabic/reports/341343

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3n1 said:

atishioud i have read others laying out that possible scenario with the notes held outside iraq , new currency will be international not the categories most posses , simply stated its all speculation no one knows till it happens ,,  keep livin life  

Personally I hope that's not the case for all i've got into it but just a spectator like the rest.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Are they saying 500 iQD will be worth $2400 

thats would make an exchange rate of 1IQD= $4.8 

Can anyone decifer that paragraph

???????

$1,000 (purchasing power)/1,200,000 dinars (1200 thousand)=$.00083

and "IF" the strengthening of the dinar equivalent to

$2,400 (purchasing power)/500 dinars=$4.80

instead of $1,000.

$1,000 (purchasing power)/500 dinars=$2.00

Could this be suggesting an RV of $2 per dinar and strengthening over time to $4.80 per dinar?

Hey!! It doesn't hurt to fantasize. It's my story and I'm sticken to it. At least through the  weekend. I will worry about reality, Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Mr. G said:

???????

instead of $1,000.

Could this be suggesting an RV of $2 per dinar and strengthening over time to $4.80 per dinar?

Hey!! It doesn't hurt to fantasize. It's my story and I'm sticken to it. At least through the  weekend. I will worry about reality, Monday. 

Haha good one lets goooooo DINaR

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. G said:

???????

instead of $1,000.

Hi im one of those that thinks the dinar rate will be a lot more stronger than most people think

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Floridian this is about there being 2 rates... our USD only equals one dollar to us, in Euro it is around $1.13 -1.20 , in other countries the value fluctuates, it will be no different in Iraq. A dinar will always only be a dinar to them but the value will change on the outside. That is the way the market works. They are reinstating their currency and it will cause the market to drive up the revaluation.

I get it, I get it, Botz.  😂

I'll tell you, I really wish we were going to get $4.80, but I highly doubt it.  I don't think it will be $3.00, either.

At the moment, after reading the first article in this thread, I am praying for an exchange rate of 10 cents per dinar and not 0.002, as the article suggests.

Edited by Floridian
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Retiredofficer said:

I just want the Fat Lady to mount the damn stage, sing her rendition  of  the Monkey’s jingle “I’m A Believer,” exit left, and let me buy a few sleeves of golf balls.   

Done, happy, and  thank you brother for the dinars gift in 2007.

I agree and if it seating positions go by waiting time for her to enter the stage... I should be in the front row.. 😁

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Like I said I'm just ready for it to be over.... I'll take what ever outcome.... like my old black light poster said in 1969 ....two buzzards sitting in a dead tree looking over a desert , one said to the other " Patience my ass I'm going to kill something ! ". I think each and every one of us has had the patience of Job and I think Iraq has potential. The only way we are going to get paid sometime soon is if we "USA" take over their oilfields as the spoiles of war and crank out a billion gallons a day. The oil companies can employ half of the population and the rest can ride on the trickle down money.... just like us. Big Government steals from us just like theirs steals from them ! Ain't never going to change ! All  Military excluded. Just my take ! And I'm ready to take ! After all the US has probably spent trillions and we have lost more than 5,000 of our finest human beings on the planet and countless others mamed for life ! We could not hurt Iraq as a whole because it's already do f.... Up that it will take 20 more years for this bombed out country just to have infrastructure to make a difference in the citizens life. The US can't leave it. Obama almost gave it back to the radical Muslims when we first pulled out.... remember ISIS,. Hezabola , and the rest of those goat f...... Running around chopping heads off ! Well I do had family over their. Or maybe you peacenicks would prefer that Russia or China take it over. Damn right I'm mad and out of patience ! Just build the damn wall and take the oilfields. Or maybe y'all would prefer waiting on perfect timing.  LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

6 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

It’s getting close isn’t it ...10YL+5 ( nearly 6 as of 1/1/19 ) Good Lord, too long of a name change for now. 

As of 2019 I could go by the “ The Rabidly Impatient Madman previously known as 10YL “  - gotta good Ring to it. 

Maybe change  it to Wasnt.So.Soon  :lol:  That way there's no date to remind you of how long it's actually been :lol:

1 hour ago, stangernan said:

Maybe change  it to Wasnt.So.Soon  :lol:  That way there's no date to remind you of how long it's actually been :lol:

Sadly I'm beyond the reminding stage of how long it's been. More like a little monkey on my back or an itch you just can't scratch.

images-27.jpeg

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Mr. G said:

???????

instead of $1,000.

Like this fantasy. I am always getting slapped in the face in mine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/29/2018 at 12:01 PM, 3n1 said:

Turkey had high inflation Iraq has very low inflation

Turkey's Money Loses Its Zeros : Economic turnaround - While a new currency has been a Turkish goal for years, the government only put a transition program into effect last year, since for the first time in decades, the inflation level returned to single-digit territory, 9 percent. (guess it helped)

Edited by DWS112

agree DWS112 , most countries that lop zero's seem to not make all the other necessary hard economic changes that must accompany therefore they continue to sink , i think turkey current inflation rate is in the 20% range with Turkeys annual inflation rate somewhere around 100% but im no international economist so take what i type as u will and Iraq has not really even began its market economy , in iraqs current state inflation is very low ... cheers dv

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic