Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move

39 minutes ago, mr.unlikely said:

Antione Jamil is obviously  from the Maliki camp. Cause like what, there is not enough security and stability now, but there will be after the elections? Yeah, right! Let's see Ali Al Alak and Mohamed Sales are both saying the time is suitable NOW. So for me, I think that I will take central bank governors and deputy governors for 20,000,000.00 Alex!

Mr. Unlikely,

I have to agree with you on this.

With the propaganda machines of the corrupt gearing up for survival, Abadi must move quickly to seal the deal for the upcoming elections.

This means NOW or within 30 days of the election.

He has everything to gain from it and everything to lose if he allows this election to be even close by not making a real difference to the people.

Good day to you , Sir.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, CaptainBVI said:

Mr. Unlikely,

I have to agree with you on this.

With the propaganda machines of the corrupt gearing up for survival, Abadi must move quickly to seal the deal for the upcoming elections.

This means NOW or within 30 days of the election.

He has everything to gain from it and everything to lose if he allows this election to be even close by not making a real difference to the people.

Good day to you , Sir.

Spot On ! :twothumbs: . . . But they will keep us guessing right up to the very last minute- will Abadi be able to get it done, or will the foot dragging fools win the day ? Iraq’s future could very well hinge on whether the RV goes before or after. 

If not before, would Abadi still have the faith if the majority or will he have lost favor with what might be considered a huge failure by the people to deliver the goods ?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Spot On ! :twothumbs: . . . But they will keep us guessing right up to the very last minute- will Abadi be able to get it done, or will the foot dragging fools win the day ? Iraq’s future could very well hinge on whether the RV goes before or after. 

If not before, would Abadi still have the faith if the majority or will he have lost favor with what might be considered a huge failure by the people to deliver the goods ?

Mr. 10YL,

With his financial background I never expected Abadi to have an, "A Type" personality with a temper.

He has however, shown himself to be a masterful chess player with very few power pieces to work with all while his opponents are fully loaded for bear. With these articles I see, they are beginning to panic, spraying bullets everywhere in a random pattern.

My gut feeling is Abadi knows what is on the line and has enough influence to have the CBI pull the trigger when he's sure his enemies will not be able to take full advantage of the event.

Though balancing act for sure but you are correct, this is for all the marbles!

Glad to see you are feeling better.

Good day, Sir.

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, Floridian said:

My God!  These people have to be the most aggravating people in the world.

Their news articles say one thing today and the opposite tomorrow.

Their parliament are crooks and don't want to work.

I could make this list 10 miles long, if I think about it long enough.

Sooooooo different from the rest of civilization.

Hopefully, with the advent of internet, cellphones, etc. the younger generation will see what the rest of the world is like and won't stand for what previous generations have tolerated.

I agree with your sentiments Floridian. But I think we have to remember or at least consider the fact that most of the Iraqi citizens especially the ones in their 20's never even knew the true value of the IQD and have been relying on the dollar for many many years. If you think about it, why would they be enthusiastic about giving up their dinar that they have when they can continue to use the dollar they have always known. I truly believe that this will happen without any type of warning or breaking news article. Those who control the country IE; the ones who run the Central Banks all over the world(Not talking about the guys in Iraq) already know when they want to raise the value of the currency. We all know the country is stable. The citizens want a better way of life, the government is somewhat in tact, and that they have a good leader of there. So it makes absolutely no sense that they should not have revalued or reinstated their currency like Kuwait did without hesitation.  Just my thoughts of course. Funny thing is I often sit and wonder if there is a group of people in other countries who sit and talk about our country in the same manner we do about Iraq. Do they watch our politics, current national issues, stock markets etc and hope we get our act together so they can invest over here. Who knows. :-)

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, ISAAC88 said:

Honestly when or at what date..did the 90 day provisionary begin in January 

I had honestly thought it had but there has been some banter suggesting otherwise so I'm sorry but at this point I can't give you an honest answer.

pp

• Upvote 2

There's a whole collection of prophecies in VIP that we all put together last year. Didn't really say when just noting that so far everything he said about Trump has come true. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, CaptainBVI said:

Mr. 10YL,

With his financial background I never expected Abadi to have an, "A Type" personality with a temper.

He has however, shown himself to be a masterful chess player with very few power pieces to work with all while his opponents are fully loaded for bear. With these articles I see, they are beginning to panic, spraying bullets everywhere in a random pattern.

My gut feeling is Abadi knows what is on the line and has enough influence to have the CBI pull the trigger when he's sure his enemies will not be able to take full advantage of the event.

Though balancing act for sure but you are correct, this is for all the marbles!

Glad to see you are feeling better.

Good day, Sir.

Evening Cap - I should give Abadi more credit than I do. Agreed, he is a very clever chap. The political minefield is no doubt, dodgy business and Abadi has maneuvered through it quite masterfully. 

" My gut feeling is Abadi knows what is on the line and has enough influence to have the CBI pull the trigger when he's sure his enemies will not be able to take full advantage of the event."  

I'll go with your gut feeling as Abadi goes for ALL THE MARBLES  :salute:

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

The economist said, in the name of Jamil Anton, for "Economy News", "The current environment is not suitable for the project to delete the zeros at the moment, because the security situation has not settled so far in the ideal form."

They have been quoting this guy since 2010.

This was what he said in 2010:

ARTICLE: 

The Iraqi Central Bank: Willingness to Delete the Zeros of the Iraqi Currency After the Formation of the Iraqi Govt

16 Sep 2010

For his part, said economic expert on behalf of Jamil Antoine in an interview for “Alsumaria News”, “Iraq is not formatted for the time being to delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar,” noting that “the deletion of zeros needed to stabilize the security and political, as well as economic stability.”

For 2018, again, his predictions is....AFTER the formation of the new govt. ~ "Antoine predicted that the project would be implemented after the legislative elections scheduled for next May"

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, zul said:

For 2018, again, his predictions is....AFTER the formation of the new govt.

Abadi is going to use this to secure he wins the elections. No, I'm not a guru with a magic ball and no I'm not making a prediction. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, csd9013 said:

Abadi is going to use this to secure he wins the elections. No, I'm not a guru with a magic ball and no I'm not making a prediction. 

We are on the same wavelength.

:crossedfingers:

8 hours ago, jeepguy said:

thanks zul ! 

:eat: 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Funny.  I found my way onto an old 2013 thread of deleting the zeros....Yota, Markinsa, even Keep was there.  Half of the conversation was lop or not.  We used to have a lotta lopsters on DV back in the day huh?

Still them saying they will take the zeros OFF the currency makes me have a bad feeling.

Care to elaborate? 

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Still them saying they will take the zeros OFF the currency makes me have a bad feeling.

IMO: If Abadi and parliament want to take credit for the currency reform, the zeros and small denoms, etc. (is good for the citizen), all should happen before the elections on May 15th. 

Some articles are saying this will happen after:huh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Is it time to delete three zeros from the currency?

This has always been the question for the Abadi Government since becoming the Iraqi's leadership.   
In 2005, I began to research the investment side of purchasing Iraq's Dinar.,  Like most all of us perhaps, many said it was a scam, even laughed.

But I have read that in the U.S., there is only 5 million or less invested which is about 1.32% of the American population, and if there were not forums like Dinarvets on the
internet to assist and inform people, it would be horribly less. Long before a few million people , I have been purchasing (2005-2016) Dinars and now I know more about a foreign country that I have never visited, than most all the other (39) countries that I have been blessed to visit, and even one that I lived in 2 years of my life.  

My point is simply this: I have invested in the largest notes down to the small ones to cover any irregularity of what may occur in this investment. 

Iraq's plan is to do exactly what is in the best interest of the 40 million Iraqi people and they should, but if we have all our bases covered, then we should be prosperous together too.

IMO,  My instincts tell me this new rate is coming soon and before we know it.

God bless us all & Thank you Dinarvets.  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 10

I had time to do a little research this morning.  I was looking at delete the zero articles and especially for the official 2012 SIGIR report to the US Congress and I found this:

official exchange rate for Iraqi dinar strengthened marginally against the U.S. dollar, selling at 1,166 per dollar through much of the quarter. Th at rate is down slightly from 1,170—a level that had held constant for the past three years. However, a spike in demand for dollars generated by merchants from neighboring Iran and Syria—suddenly unable to procure sufficient amounts of the U.S. currency at home because of international sanctions—helped drive the unofficial street exchange rate above 1,320 dinar in mid-April.375 In April 2012, the COM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1. It is currently worth less than one tenth of a cent.  376

pg 94 of 158

http://psm.du.edu/media/documents/us_research_and_oversight/sigir/quarterly_reports_eng/us_sigir__report_to_congress_april_2012.pdf

Reason I was looking for this report is to compare the differences in the economy in 2012 as to present day in Iraq and what would have stopped currency reform at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 11

36 minutes ago, Butifldrm said:

Reason I was looking for this report is to compare the differences in the economy in 2012 as to present day in Iraq and what would have stopped currency reform at that time.

Thank You for posting, Butifldrm, AND The Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

I suspect there have been substantial changes since 2012 to this specific present time to foster the remaining reforms to be put in place. Here is a high level assessment on my part:

• The Trump administration refreshed the Strategic Framework Agreement (SFA) with Iraq immediately after taking the office of President Of The United States Of America. The SFA was actively intent on implementation under Bush 43 but was stalled after Barry became president. The SFA appears now to be ready for implementation.
  • The French, of all people, have since drafted and obtained an agreement on their Strategic Framework Agreement (SFA) with Iraq. I would have thought Great Britain would have drafted and obtained an agreement on a SFA since they were a major active military force to overthrow Saddam Hussein but not the French.
  • There are significantly damaged areas remaining since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein and especially devastated areas for retaking those areas from ISIS. The US and French SFAs should aid GREATLY in bolstering and accelerating the Iraqi Reconstruction.
  • The banking system being implemented and nearly all implemented in Iraq is hyper modern to include both internal and international capabilities, protocols, and interconnectivities. Associated tests have been completed and are a major tool to eliminating corruption in a system of total and partially manual entries and practices.
  • There is stability in Iraq presently. Internally Displaced Peoples have been returning to their homes but some have very dire conditions they have been returning to. Sectarian Violence that could lead to Civil War has so far been staved off but may not be if political, social, and economic conditions worsen and do not improve especially around and after the elections. The reconstruction really needs to get underway full swing so these impacted Iraqi citizens know hope is on the horizon.
  • The "closed economy" with the CBI week day daily auctions and associated corruption just will not cut it for the volume of financial transactions necessary to fund the Iraqi Reconstruction AND Economic Development TO INCLUDE the Foreign Investment. Iraq will need to go to an "open economy" with real time corruption free transactions to fund the fore mentioned items. Iraq, by all assessments, is now capable of doing this with all the hardware, etc.
  • With Reconstruction, Economic Development, AND Foreign Investment, the Iraqi Dinar would need to have it's true value at the onset of the switch to the "open economy" to prevent major imbalances later for Iraq that may bankrupt Iraq or other countries doing business with Iraq after Iraq goes to an open economy if a program rate with a slow float is implemented. This would mean a lot of cheap Iraqi Dinars out that appreciate that could be used to swap currencies with Iraq later that Iraq does not have the backing if Iraq runs into trouble later with their economy or otherwise does not have the capability to make due on the swaps.
  • Significant legislation has been put into practice. Although not all the elements conducive for a rock solid start on Reconstruction, Economic Development, AND Foreign Investment, the conditions are better than they have ever been and prospects are looking good albeit dysfunctional in the GOI practices.

Just my thoughts, opinion, and :twocents:

In The Mean Time................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY!!!)!!!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1. It is currently worth less than one tenth of a cent.  376

Thank You Butifldrm! I have never seen a “rate” on an official report. WOW! Thanks 

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, brob said:

Thank You Butifldrm! I have never seen a “rate” on an official report. WOW! Thanks 

Same here brob. By the way, CoM stands for Council of Ministers. I had to look it up myself. They are under Abadi. It makes better sense to me now and I believe this rate will be pretty close when it first comes out. JMO of course.

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary finance identifies a reason why coins should not be minted and advises such a move
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic