Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US troops to pull out of Syria

US troops will pull out of Syria “very soon” to “let other people take care” of the situation in the country, said President Donald Trump on Thursday.

“We’re knocking the hell out of ISIS. We’ll be coming out of Syria, like, very soon,” Trump revealed during a speech in Ohio. 

"Let the other people take care of it now.”

However, he noted that the US-led Coalition is going to retake “100 percent of the caliphate” from the Islamic State (IS) soon.

Trump complained about the spendings by the US on Syria, but he also touted US’ military advances against the Islamic State in the region, as reported by Politico.

“We got to get back to our country where we belong, where we want to be,” he said.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/middle-east/425697

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

President Donald Trump appeared to signal the withdrawal 'very soon" of U.S. troops from Syria on Thursday, surprising the Pentagon and State Department.

"By the way, we're knocking the hell out of ISIS," Trump told a crowd in Ohio during a speech on infrastructure spending. "We're coming out of Syria very soon. Let the other people take care of it now, very soon. Very soon, we're coming out."

The approximately 2,000 U.S. troops inside Syria have been working alongside Syrian Democratic Forces, reclaiming territory from ISIS to include the city of Raqqa – the terrorist organization's once self-proclaimed capital in Syria.

In addition, the State Department and U.S. International Agency for Development have dozens of officials working on the ground to stabilize cities and towns after ISIS's defeat. They work with international partners on demining, rubble removal, and restoring services like water, electricity, and schools and hospitals.

Defense Secretary James Mattis and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson have said repeatedly that those troops will remain and the civilian presence will increase as the U.S. works to prevent a new terror group from forming.

But Trump's suggestion then that the U.S. could leave "very soon" seemed to catch spokespeople at the Pentagon and State Department off guard.

A Pentagon spokesperson referred questions about the president's comment to the White House. State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said she was unaware of any new policy to withdraw U.S. forces.

A spokesperson for the White House National Security Council did not respond to a request to comment.

The comment also contradicts how the president himself has spoken about American military action – as he has repeatedly insisted the U.S. not set timelines or telegraph actions to the enemy.

“America's enemies must never know our plans, or believe they can wait us out," Trump said at Fort Myer, Va., in August while announcing a new strategy for the war in Afghanistan.

Mattis has made the same argument, writing in a letter to Congress in January, "We do not have a timeline-based approach to our presence in either Iraq or Syria."

Withdrawing "prematurely," he added, would only give ISIS the opportunity "to regenerate capabilities and reestablish local control of territory... We, along with the Coalition and our partners, remain committed to ISIS's permanent defeat."

While the U.S.-led coalition has made significant progress against ISIS, the group has not been destroyed completely. Meanwhile, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad continues to wage a civil war on his own people – backed by the Russian government.

Mattis, Tillerson, and U.S. special envoy to the U.S.-led coalition Brett McGurk have all said the U.S. would stay in Syria until ISIS has been defeated and a political process is underway – neither of which is currently true.

"Important work remains to guarantee the lasting defeat of these violent extremists,” Chief Pentagon spokesperson Dana White said in Thursday's Pentagon briefing prior to Trump's comments. “Our commitment to win must outlast the so-called physical caliphate, and the warped ideas that guide the calculated cruelty of ISIS.”

Personally I agree that we should not be policing the world... But I do think our president should at least discuss his ideas with his generals... Oh wait, that's right he know more than they do...

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Personally I agree that we should not be policing the world... But I do think our president should at least discuss his ideas with his generals... Oh wait, that's right he know more than they do...

B/A

Once again, you are clueless.........you must be thinking about OBAMA......

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trumps-total-authorization-military-gives-deep-concerns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

So you think Mad Dog Mattis is Trumps little puppy dog??

No, I think Trump does things on a whim and doesn't think about consequences. I have said many times we waste our money trying to police the world. And I agree with his sentiment that we need to get out of these countries. I just think he needs to stop surprising his people. If he keeps it up, he will be standing alone and one man cannot control the many facets of our government. If someone asked him, he probably would say he can do it all by himself, but we all know that isn't possible. JMHO

B/A

Thanks Pitcher...BA you're an unique piece of work...a man that has to be a legion in his own mind...The narcissism in your thought process....that the billionaire that became President of the world's most powerful country...has 'a problem with' doing things on a 'whim'...without thinking....Just how much do you make...how far has your knowledge led you....just how many billion-dollar projects have you been chairman of...where's this inside knowledge you keep spewing about 'that' President DJT doesn't consult with experts and never thinks things through...without thinking of the consequences...Do you...or can you imagine that just maybe President DJT doesn't care what folks like you think...because it's not worth his time...in productivity...to even consider the calculated % that's counterproductive...The level of opperation you're critiquing is so far beyond you mental ability it's your playing 'checkers' on President Donald Trump 'chess board...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Pitcher...BA you're an unique piece of work...a man that has to be a legion in his own mind...The narcissism in your thought process....that the billionaire that became President of the world's most powerful country...has 'a problem with' doing things on a 'whim'...without thinking....Just how much do you make...how far has your knowledge led you....just how many billion-dollar projects have you been chairman of...where's this inside knowledge you keep spewing about 'that' President DJT doesn't consult with experts and never thinks things through...without thinking of the consequences...Do you...or can you imagine that just maybe President DJT doesn't care what folks like you think...because it's not worth his time...in productivity...to even consider the calculated % that's counterproductive...The level of opperation you're critiquing is so far beyond you mental ability it's your playing 'checkers' on President Donald Trump 'chess board...

Well I wasn't born with 200 million and I haven't filed bankruptcy 7 times if that's what you mean. I'm just saying.

Come on Skeet, are you saying Trump knows more than our military? Do you think he doesn't make rash decisions? Do you think there is a reason he only hires the best, but can't keep the?

Do you realize he has been in office for 434 days and been golfing 105 times? That's 25% of his time in office... 

"The level of opperation you're critiquing is" and you question me???? That's too funny.... Go learn how to use spellcheck. LOL

B/A

• Haha 1

Just now, dinardiggerisme said:

Mattis is, most likely, part of the Deep State.....same as Tillerson and Sessions....President Trump knows he must go around these people....I am glad to have lived long enough to finally see a "America and Americans First" President.....has been nothing but buffoons in office prior....

Oh yes, the entire world is part of the deep state except Donald.... Wow, just wow!!!

B/A

16 hours ago, bostonangler said:

The level of opperation you're critiquing is" and you question me???? That's too funny.... Go learn how to use spellcheck. LOL

.....This is an excellent example of our mental responses...BA it's not worth my time to deal with people of your stature that have the virtues of an adolescent...Your mental state is not that difficult to "critic'....You seem to have a mental type of hatred that expels toward people that have a different thought process...I fined it amusing that your so knowledgeable about the things you consume as facts...then spew as actual evidence...Believe it or not BA...everybody you believes has all the facts..."Don't"....everything that you read and believe is true..."Isn't"....And as far as your suggestion on spellcheck... Here my suggestion....Hang spellcheck up your azz...

Edited by skeetdog
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, bostonangler said:

he will be standing alone

Standing alone only in your mind..it just the opposite in reality..the Will of the People is only getting stronger and the crowd is getting bigger...When 2020 rolls around and Trump Wins another 4 years. Will you pause and say I've been duped by a Bunch of Losers...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I for one look forward to getting our forces out of Syria....lets just hope Russia and Iran have our best interest in mind when they're managing the vacuum.  Doesn't seem hardly long enough for Donald to be repeating the mistakes of the past.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Ane we agree once again.......the Nation building needs to stop.....the US needs to concentrate on the issues within.....debt, social....etc......some unity needs to be developed.....JMO

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I for one look forward to getting our forces out of Syria....lets just hope Russia and Iran have our best interest in mind when they're managing the vacuum.  Doesn't seem hardly long enough for Donald to be repeating the mistakes of the past.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

....Agree 110%....

25 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Ane we agree once again.......the Nation building needs to stop.....the US needs to concentrate on the issues within.....debt, social....etc......some unity needs to be developed.....JMO

....The entire situation in the ME is taking a 'responsible approach' by men that understand the entire strategical 'Big-Picture'....We're getting out of what was going to be the Clintons money-cow in Syria...we''re utilising Defence spending as well as strengthing tries with our ME allies by enforcing Iraqi bases...we're keeping our military presence as well as a strategically effective response time to any area in that eastern region....Its amazing for 'someone'.... to have even remotely 'considered' that President DJT....did all this..."without"...consulting anybody....and just surprising the "Hell" out of some of his people...In life people can set you up to hurt yourself...The old sayin'..."Hit Dawg's Howl"...or..."An empty wagon raddles the loudestest"...were formed by people that basically desrved the label by being observed deserving the symbology... 

Edited by skeetdog
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1