Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Decision of the House of Representatives is likely to hold the meeting tomorrow

yota691

Ohhhhhh my life would be so good after the RV.... I am going to buy a camper and travel and do things I want to do instead of things I have to do. I want to volunteer at so many places.... do so many good things.. Iraq needs to get this done. I'm anxiously waiting...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

On 3/21/2018 at 3:30 AM, WheresmyRV? said:

Wasn't there an article a week ago saying in the coming days HCL will be passed through?  :rocking-chair:

Meeks “ in the coming days “ is the catch all phrase for “ when it strikes our fancy “ we’ll get to it. They DO NOT inspire TRUST do they.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

Ohhhhhh my life would be so good after the RV.... I am going to buy a camper and travel and do things I want to do instead of things I have to do. I want to volunteer at so many places.... do so many good things.. Iraq needs to get this done. I'm anxiously waiting...

Love your enthusiasm Rmc10. It's kinda catchy  :)

pp

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Rmc10 said:

I have to agree with your comment as I and many others are waithing but at the same time I am a little apprehensive as we have worked and generated  our income as self employed for many many years and within that spectrum we have always had to live within a tight budget to keep some aside for the "rainy days"and "floods" and to make sure our bills were paid . So when this finally comes to fruition we shall be hopefully debt free and have choices. For me that is a thought that is quite exciting and nervy at the same time.

Further to you comment on volunteering Rmc you dont need money to volunteer .. you just need the will and desire to walk through the door and offer your services.. Its fun and it leads to great companionship ..

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NoviceInvestor said:

I have to agree with your comment as I and many others are waithing but at the same time I am a little apprehensive as we have worked and generated  our income as self employed for many many years and within that spectrum we have always had to live within a tight budget to keep some aside for the "rainy days"and "floods" and to make sure our bills were paid . So when this finally comes to fruition we shall be hopefully debt free and have choices. 

Further to you comment on volunteering Rmc you dont need money to volunteer .. you just need the will and desire to walk through the door and offer your services.. Its fun and it leads to great companionship ..

I agree. I just don't have much time to give to much anything else other than my business right now. Having more money frees up more time. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Parliament sets next Tuesday as the date for its next session
24-03-2018 12:03 PM
image.php?token=e37bd4b520c687b83eb4eeef8e5b292d&size=

Hammoudi, the first deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, on Saturday, that the parliament will hold its next meeting at the end of this month, to vote on a number of bills. 

A source from the Information Office, the Deputy Speaker of Parliament that 'was set on March 27 next, to convene the parliament, to vote on a number of bills circulated by the Directorate General of Parliament.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Parliament plans to hold a meeting next Tuesday to vote on a number of laws

Since 2018-03-24 at 11:00 (Baghdad time)

49_1.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

The House of Representatives, next Tuesday, set a date for a session to vote on a number of laws.

The Information Service of the Council in a statement received / Mawazine News / a copy of it, that "the parliament will hold a meeting on Tuesday, March 27."

The statement added that "the meeting will see the completion of voting on a number of laws."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Jubouri calls on MPs to attend Tuesday's session to vote on the pending laws

Since 2018-03-24 at 12:53 (Baghdad time)

39-780x405.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

Speaker of the House of Representatives Salim al-Jubouri, on Saturday, invited the members of the Council to attend Tuesday's session to adopt a number of pending laws prepared for the vote.

"The members of parliament to attend the session Tuesday (27/3/2018), to complete the legislation and the important laws to be voted on," Jubouri said in a statement received by Mawazine News.

The Speaker of Parliament, "The House of Representatives continues to perform his duty and assume the responsibilities stipulated by the Constitution and the law until the end of its session."

Jubouri pointed out that "there are many important laws for the vote, which it is necessary to invest the remainder of the current session in order to approve and not to be deported to the next session."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24-03-2018 10:00 AM
image.php?token=288894e18348ed8994019e06cc938cc9&size=

A representative of the parliamentary legal committee, on Saturday, that the current parliamentary session 'the worst' in the history of legislation, pointing to the House of Representatives was unable to enact any important political law despite the expiration of four years of the age of Parliament. 

Committee member Zeinab Sahlani, said that 'the current session of the House of Representatives is the worst in the history of the legislative work of the House of Representatives,' noting that 'the most important political and political service laws could not pass the parliament despite the political consensus compared to previous sessions'. 

"The most prominent of these laws are the oil and gas law and the Federal Court and the Federal Council and the law of financial management and the public debt of the state and the law of health insurance and city conditions and the withdrawal of nationality and prevent dual nationals from participating in the elections.

She explained that 'what the House of Representatives approved of the laws is the amendments to the legislation and superficial laws do not rise to the amounts spent on the House of Representatives during the past four years at all'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jubouri calls for deputies to attend Tuesday's session to pass a number of laws

Jubouri calls for deputies to attend Tuesday's session to pass a number of laws

Written by: saadin:March 24, 2018In:

Al-Nour News / Baghdad 
Speaker of the House of Representatives Salim al-Jubouri, on Saturday, called on members of the Council to attend next Tuesday's session to complete the legislation and the important laws prepared for the vote.

Al-Jubouri said in a statement received by "Al-Nour News" a copy of it, "The House of Representatives continues to perform his duty and assume the responsibilities stipulated by the Constitution and the law until the end of its session."

He added that "there are many important laws to be voted and it is necessary to invest the remainder of the current session in order to approve and not to be deported to the next session."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A representative of the parliamentary legal committee said on Saturday "that the current parliamentary session is the WORST in the history of legislation" and unable (to accomplish anything) in FOUR YEARS by passing superficial laws, and was a waste of money to fund the HOR.

At least one person sees what the rest of the world has watched, a bunch of fumbling, worthless politicians that do nothing. Doubtful after 4 years of superficial legislation that Jabouri can get a quorum and pass the biggies next Tuesday. Let's hope the voters dump these half-wits in the elections. Otherwise, 4 more years of the same.

:butt-kicking: 

• Upvote 1

Saturday 24 March

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad
The House of Representatives, Saturday, set the date of its next session, noting that it will include the completion of voting on the laws. 

The parliamentary department said in a statement received Alsumaria News, "The House of Representatives will hold on Tuesday next regular session." 

"The session will include the completion of voting on the laws contained in the work schedules," the department said. 

The deputy speaker of parliament scheduled the regular session of the Council, which was scheduled to be held on March 15, to another notice because of the lack of quorum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Parliament invites its members to attend Tuesday's session to pass a number of laws

Readers

Parliament invites its members to attend Tuesday's session to pass a number of laws

24-03-2018 12:22 PM

The Euphrates -

The Presidency of Parliament called on the members of the Council to attend Tuesday's session to adopt a number of laws to be put to the vote. 

The Presidency confirmed the members of parliament attending the meeting Tuesday to complete the legislation and the important laws to be voted. Pointing out that the House of Representatives continues to perform its duty and assume the responsibilities stipulated by the Constitution and the law until the end of its session, pointing out that there are many important laws to be voted and it is necessary to invest the remainder of the current session in order to approve and not to be deported to the next session.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Parliament invites its members to attend Tuesday's session to pass a number of laws

%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-696

Information / Baghdad ..

The deputy of the State of Law Mohamed Chihod, on Saturday, the inclusion of the Presidency of the House of Representatives vote on 20 laws during the meeting next Tuesday, indicating that the meeting will be the last of the life of the House of Representatives during the third legislative session.

"The presidency of the House of Representatives included the vote on 20 laws during the meeting next Tuesday, including the laws of health professions and the Federal Court and the Association of nurses and sports clubs and others," noting that "Tuesday's meeting will be very important being the last of the life of the House of Representatives During the third legislative session. "

He added Chihod, "The presence of deputies will be obliged to approve the pending laws, which was read first reading and waiting for the decision," noting that "the adoption of laws in the interest of the Iraqi citizen."

The Presidency of the Council of Representatives set earlier in the next Tuesday, the twenty-seventh of March current date for the last session of parliament during the current session. Ending / 25 d

• Upvote 2

If Iraq can't pass these laws this time, my guess is democracy will never work there. Arabs may not be ready for democracy. It might be, that a dictatorship is the only form of government that is able to function in Arab countries....including brutal suppression of free speech. If that's the case, get on with it, bring in another Saddam, and quit fooling yourself Iraq....you may be not able to handle democracy.

32 minutes ago, yota691 said:

%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-696

Information / Baghdad ..

The deputy of the State of Law Mohamed Chihod, on Saturday, the inclusion of the Presidency of the House of Representatives vote on 20 laws during the meeting next Tuesday, indicating that the meeting will be the last of the life of the House of Representatives during the third legislative session.

"The presidency of the House of Representatives included the vote on 20 laws during the meeting next Tuesday, including the laws of health professions and the Federal Court and the Association of nurses and sports clubs and others," noting that "Tuesday's meeting will be very important being the last of the life of the House of Representatives During the third legislative session. "

He added Chihod, "The presence of deputies will be obliged to approve the pending laws, which was read first reading and waiting for the decision," noting that "the adoption of laws in the interest of the Iraqi citizen."

The Presidency of the Council of Representatives set earlier in the next Tuesday, the twenty-seventh of March current date for the last session of parliament during the current session. Ending / 25 d

And now no mention of Oil and Gas where last week it was in the list needing to be voted on. It's critical that we vote on Sports Clubs before we adjourn!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Maybe if they don’t tell them the oil and gas law is on the agenda they’ll show up for once. 🤫

... or have the session in the cafeteria thats seems to be the hot spot hang out  ... cheers dv

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Parliament to continue to convene sessions until July : MP

March 24 2018 01:57 PM
the Iraqi parliament
the Iraqi parliament

Parliament's legal committee on Saturday said that the parliament will continue to convene sessions until next July.
Member of the committee MP Rana Saeed said that the legislative term consists of four calendar years. And this term started on July 1st 2014.
The lawmaker also noted the parliament is authorized to assume its role until June 30th in accordance with the constitution.
Iraq is to hold the legislative elections on May 12nd.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Decision of the House of Representatives is likely to hold the meeting tomorrow