Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On the 86th anniversary of the first Iraqi Dinar .. Do you know this information about our currency?

yota691

13 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Answer:

Total gold value is $307.81.

BINGO, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You AND ALL DV!!!

1 Troy oz. is 480 grains. There are 7,000 grains per pound. There are 453.593 grams per pound.

1 Troy oz. x 480 grains per Troy oz. / 7,000 grains per pound x 453.593 grams per pound = 31.10352 grams

7.3 grams gold per Iraqi Dinar / 31.10352 grams per Troy oz. = 0.2347 Troy oz. gold per Iraqi Dinar

0.2347 Troy oz. gold per Iraqi Dinar x 1,311.50 USD per Troy oz. gold = 307.81 USD per Iraqi Dinar???!!!

Well, OK, not apples to apples here considering the monetary policies of The United States Of America and Iraq now and then to possibly include gold and other asset backing of each currency.

But, hey, if they wanted to remove three zeroes here, that would be 0.30781 USD = 1 IQD.

Fuzzy math at best so will have to wait and see???!!!

XE Currency Converter: USD to SAR

1 USD =3.75000SAR
US Dollar1 USD = 3.75000 SAR
Saudi Arabian Riyal1 SAR = 0.266667 USD

2018-03-16 15:15 UTCAll figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.Set up a Rate Alert

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=SAR

For 1 USD = 3.0781 IQD, the monetary unit would only be slightly more that the Saudi Arabian Riyal.

Maybe they are only going to remove 2 zeroes for a 3.0781 USD = 1 IQD rate???!!! :o   :o   :o

Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY!!!)!!!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

BINGO, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You AND ALL DV!!!

1 Troy oz. is 480 grains. There are 7,000 grains per pound. There are 453.593 grams per pound.

1 Troy oz. x 480 grains per Troy oz. / 7,000 grains per pound x 453.593 grams per pound = 31.10352 grams

7.3 grams gold per Iraqi Dinar / 31.10352 grams per Troy oz. = 0.2347 Troy oz. gold per Iraqi Dinar

0.2347 Troy oz. gold per Iraqi Dinar x 1,311.50 USD per Troy oz. gold = 307.81 USD per Iraqi Dinar???!!!

Well, OK, not apples to apples here considering the monetary policies of The United States Of America and Iraq now and then to possibly include gold and other asset backing of each currency.

But, hey, if they wanted to remove three zeroes here, that would be 0.30781 USD = 1 IQD.

Fuzzy math at best so will have to wait and see???!!!

XE Currency Converter: USD to SAR

1 USD =3.75000SAR
US Dollar1 USD = 3.75000 SAR
Saudi Arabian Riyal1 SAR = 0.266667 USD

2018-03-16 15:15 UTCAll figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.Set up a Rate Alert

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=SAR

For 1 USD = 3.0781 IQD, the monetary unit would only be slightly more that the Saudi Arabian Riyal.

Maybe they are only going to remove 2 zeroes for a 3.0781 USD = 1 IQD rate???!!! :o   :o   :o

Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY!!!)!!!

:pirateship:

I dunno.  I think $3.07 is a lot for a country that has to be rebuilt from scratch.  But I sure hope you're right.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I dunno.  I think $3.07 is a lot for a country that has to be rebuilt from scratch.  But I sure hope you're right.  

If I remember from some years ago Dr Shabibi said Iraq could support between $5- $12 value with the reserves back then and natural resources..... I could settle for $3.07 ;) 

Thanks Floridian.... I like where your heads at with this article and the gold conversion! 

Here’s to all of us

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

ladyGrace'sDaddy

• ladyGrace'sDaddy

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I find it somewhat strange that the CBI would make such a big deal out of the 86th year anniversary.

Wtf ? Pull Ur Head Out Of The Chimney Santa - We’ve Been Getting 86’ed Out Of This Investment For Years ! :o 

And Have Urself A Happy St Patty’s Day St Nick ! :cheesehead: 

Now Step On Up To The Bar And Order Urself A Nice ‘Chimney Sweep’ - Bailey’s With Some Milk Of Magnesia ...

:lmao:  :lmao:

• Haha 7

Interesting.!!!!

Do you guys remember the picture of the Governor of the CBI holding a 1 IQD note?

Now we see another article from the CBI showing a 1 IQD note.

This is an Information campaign to the citizens..... Lower denomination are coming soon.!

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go $.86.... Go $1:1.... Go $ former glory 💰💰💰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Interesting.!!!!

Do you guys remember the picture of the Governor of the CBI holding a 1 IQD note?

This is an Information campaign to the citizens..... Lower denomination are coming soon.!

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

That could very well be, Laid Back.  And they're telling the people what the dinar "used to be" worth.  Why would they tell them that, knowing 1 dinar would be worthless today?

Even 1,000 dinar today is worth only .86

Hmmmm, very interesting!

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

The Central Bank celebrates the first Iraqi currency 86 years ago

The Central Bank celebrates the first Iraqi currency 86 years ago

BAGHDAD / Al-Ghad Press: 
The Central Bank of Iraq celebrated on Friday, the 86th anniversary of the issuance of the first national currency after the declaration of the establishment of the modern Iraqi state. 
The Central Bank said in a press statement, received by "Al-Ghad Press", that "today passes us the 86th anniversary of the issuance of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi state, the dinar, which was issued on 16/3/1932."

He pointed out that "the dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and worth a thousand fils, and was carrying the image of King Faisal I, heading to the left." 
"The purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar was 7.3 grams gold," he said. 
He pointed out that "the currency committee was the responsible party, and the dinar was signed by its members: the chairman of the committee, Helten Young, the representative of the Iraqi government Jafar al-Askari, Bertram Hornsby was appointed by the Bank of England, Viscount Ghoshin representing banks operating in Iraq, Representative of banks operating in Iraq. "

https://www.alghadpress.com/news/Iraq-News/148195/AlghadPress

The more I look at this,  the more I'm finding surprising about these 3 news articles.  Yup!  They're trying to tell the people something.  If that's not it, then they are trying to aggravate the hell out of the people.  :lol:  Why would the Central Bank tell the people what the dinar was worth 86 years ago, when everyone knows it's worthless today?

"The Central Bank said in a press statement, received by "Al-Ghad Press", that "today passes us the 86th anniversary of the issuance of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi state, the dinar, which was issued on 16/3/1932."

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Floridian said:

That could very well be, Laid Back.  And they're telling the people what the dinar "used to be" worth.  Why would they tell them that, knowing 1 dinar would be worthless today?

Even 1,000 dinar today is worth only .86

Hmmmm, very interesting!

There have been recent articles that indicated that the majority of Iraqi citizens are mid-30s or under and would have no personal knowledge of the former currencies value or how that played out in the local markets.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

There have been recent articles that indicated that the majority of Iraqi citizens are mid-30s or under and would have no personal knowledge of the former currencies value or how that played out in the local markets.

Even if the majority are mid-30's or under, don't you think reading today's news about past worth of the dinar would rankle them?

Do they need to be reminded of these things?  LOL LOL

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DinarDavo said:

:eat:

Hence the reintroduction of what is coming in the very near future.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Interesting.!!!!

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Yes I remember that. 

Now somebody by me and my favorite Clown a green beer:drunk:

• Haha 2

But the funny thing is why choose 86... Its the oddest of numbers is it not, i mean from the numbered years people usually choose like 4 yrs from now will be the 70th so wouldn't you more likely choose this number so folks truly remember? I mean Education at its finest and the timing is impeccable none the lease just saying

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

But the funny thing is why choose 86... Its the oddest of numbers is it not, i mean from the numbered years people usually choose like 4 yrs from now will be the 70th so wouldn't you more likely choose this number so folks truly remember? I mean Education at its finest and the timing is impeccable none the lease just saying

They're just messing with your head... They are probably sitting around smoking their ****** saying "Those stupid Americans" LOL

B/A

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Interesting.!!!!

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Thanks LB!!!! I can't beleive you did that!  How dare you use that kind of language??  Couldn't beleive, I was reading what I thought was a good post from you, and right there at the end u used that horibble four letter word, "soon"????

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Yes I remember that. 

Now somebody by me and my favorite Clown a green beer:drunk:

Right On - U Got It My Brother ! :cheesehead: 

And As Always - I Put It On Umbertino’s Tab ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 3