Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On the 86th anniversary of the first Iraqi Dinar .. Do you know this information about our currency?

yota691

6697.jpg

Reports

Economy News _ Baghdad

Today marks the 86th anniversary of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi State "dinar" on 16/3/1932. 
The dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and is equal to a thousand fils, and it bore the image of King Faisal I and his head to the left. 
Its purchasing value was equivalent to 7.3 grams gold. 

The currency committee was responsible for issuing the currency. The dinar carried the signatures of the committee members: the chairman of the committee Jaafar al-Askari, a representative of the Iraqi government, a person appointed by the Bank of England and a representative of the banks operating in Iraq.

Views 37   Date Added 16/03/2018

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 9

CBI celebrates the first national currency 86 years ago

16/03/2018 02:18 | Number of readings:
font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
CBI celebrates the first national currency 86 years ago

Trend Press / Baghdad

The Central Bank of Iraq celebrates on Friday the 86th anniversary of the first national currency after the declaration of the establishment of the modern Iraqi state.

The Central Bank said in a statement received "Trend Press" a copy of it, "Today passes us the 86th anniversary of the issuance of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi state, the dinar, which was issued on 16/3/1932."

He pointed out that "the dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and worth a thousand fils, and was carrying the image of King Faisal I, heading to the left"He said.

"The purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar was 7.3 grams gold"He said.

He pointed out that "the currency committee was the responsible party, and the dinar was signed by its members: the chairman of the committee, Helten Young, the representative of the Iraqi government Jafar al-Askari, Bertram Hornsby was appointed by the Bank of England, Viscount Ghoshin representing banks operating in Iraq, Representative of banks operating in Iraq. "

mt

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/209209.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

The Central Bank celebrates the first Iraqi currency 86 years ago

The Central Bank celebrates the first Iraqi currency 86 years ago

BAGHDAD / Al-Ghad Press: 
The Central Bank of Iraq celebrated on Friday, the 86th anniversary of the issuance of the first national currency after the declaration of the establishment of the modern Iraqi state. 
The Central Bank said in a press statement, received by "Al-Ghad Press", that "today passes us the 86th anniversary of the issuance of the first Iraqi currency of the Iraqi state, the dinar, which was issued on 16/3/1932."

He pointed out that "the dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and worth a thousand fils, and was carrying the image of King Faisal I, heading to the left." 
"The purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar was 7.3 grams gold," he said. 
He pointed out that "the currency committee was the responsible party, and the dinar was signed by its members: the chairman of the committee, Helten Young, the representative of the Iraqi government Jafar al-Askari, Bertram Hornsby was appointed by the Bank of England, Viscount Ghoshin representing banks operating in Iraq, Representative of banks operating in Iraq. "

https://www.alghadpress.com/news/Iraq-News/148195/AlghadPress

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

You know Master Yota, with all the hard work you've done over the years here you remind me of St John:angel:You're a good man my friend.

I find it somewhat strange that the CBI would make such a big deal out of the 86th year anniversary. Seems like something you would do for 25 to 50 and a hundred years. Unless of course they were planning on reinstating, re-evaluating, the current currency. That would be something to make note of when the original dinar came into play.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You know Master Yota, with all the hard work you've done over the years here you remind me of St John:angel:You're a good man my friend.

I find it somewhat strange that the CBI would make such a big deal out of the 86th year anniversary. Seems like something you would do for 25 to 50 and a hundred years. Unless of course they were planning on reinstating, re-evaluating, the current currency. That would be something to make note of when the original dinar came into play.

They are makin a big deal of it because on the 86th year their currency will be worth $.86!!!!!  

Edited by Mxmann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 12

10 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Was thinking the same thing!

7 minutes ago, Mxmann said:

They are makin a big deal of it because on the 86th year their currency will be worth $.86!!!!!  

And I like the way you think Mxmann!!

Oh and thanks for all the hard work everyone here at DV!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Thanks Bro...can't wait for this ride to come to a complete stop and exit to the left....and then we can go do something else...and one other thing your doing a Great Job in VIP Thanks for the effort..Job Well done...:twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Great thinking... It is strange to make a big deal out of 86.... Unless........

B/A

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I find it somewhat strange that the CBI would make such a big deal out of the 86th year anniversary. Seems like something you would do for 25 to 50 and a hundred years.

Yep. I thought it was pretty strange too (even by Iraqi standards 😄). 

Looks like we’re all having the same ideas here .. Come on CBI, celebrate the the 86th year with a RV of your currency at .86 cents! 

:mexican:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Thanks Bro...can't wait for this ride to come to a complete stop and exit to the left....and then we can go do something else...and one other thing your doing a Great Job in VIP Thanks for the effort..Job Well done...:twothumbs:

Please let us all know here at DV which new investment you are going to tirelessly bring news for so we can all tip you in Dinar! You are a machine! So appreciative, kept so many from reading rumors and focusing on news!

Thanks Yota 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Yup... Strange coincidence indeed.... Or is it???

B/A

I don’t think it’s a ka-winky-dink... bostonangler.   But maybe secret squirrel language.  😝. Here’s to hoping.  Let’s go SCHMOOLIE ❣️

• Haha 1

Can anyone make anything out of this, or does it mean nothing?  (I'm just looking for "secret" meanings.)

"Its purchasing value was equivalent to 7.3 grams gold."

Gold Gram Calculator Result

Submitted on March 16, 2018.

Values Entered:

Gold Grams: 7.3
Purity: 24k
Gold Price:    $1311.50 / troy ounce

Answer:

Total gold value is $307.81.

This doesn't necessarily mean your item is only worth $307.81, this only represents its melt value using the latest closing gold price.

• Upvote 5

How about this?  Can we make anything out of this?  All I can find are that "fils" are obsolete in Iraq.  I can't find how much they used to be worth.

"The dinar was taken as a basic unit of the Iraqi currency and is equal to a thousand fils,"

Fils (currency)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fils (Arabic alphabet: فلس) is a subdivision of currency used in many Arab countries, such as Iraq and Bahrain; the term is a modern retranscription of fals, an early medieval Arab coin. "Fils" is the singular form in Arabic, not plural (as its final consonant might indicate to an English speaker). The plural form of fils is fulūs (فلوس); this latter term is also used to refer to small amount of money or money in general in many varieties of Arabic, particularly Egyptian

• Upvote 2