Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank Story this afternoon! My brother went to Chase...

Joe Sutherland

Well, I just got back from Chase Bank and unfortunately, my bank story is very different from Joe Sutherland's brother's story.  

I said I wanted to talk to someone about foreign currency.  The guy took me into his office.  I told him my cousin called me Friday night from Indiana and proceeded to tell him all about it.

His whole expression changed.  He said "I've been her for 6 years and you have no idea how many people ask me about Iraq money.  No bank has ever sold it and no bank ever will.  It's a worthless piece of paper."  With that, he gets up and opens the door to his office for me to leave.  I had all to do to keep from laughing.  Then, he said, "Go talk to the tellers.  They're the ones who take in the currency."

So I went up to the front and spoke to one of the tellers.  I told her the story and she said "We don't need to be trained in currency.  A picture of the currency comes up on our screen and we just compare it."  So I asked if they buy Iraqi currency.  She asked for my card and punched in my account number.  She then looked at the screen and said "Is that money from Iraq?"  I said yes.  She looked and said "No, we don't buy or sell it."  So I thanked her for checking and left the bank.  And that was it.

Disappointing to say the least, although I did get a kick out of how clueless some people are about the dinar, even after being asked about it for 6 years.  :lol:

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Rmc10 said:

Banks did too sell it for years lol. 

I know.  That's what I'm sayin'.  The guy knew nothing, after telling me that people have been asking him about the dinar for 6 years.  You think it would have peaked his curiosity to really find out what's going on with the dinar.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Floridian said:

He said "I've been her for 6 years and you have no idea how many people ask me about Iraq money.  No bank has ever sold it and no bank ever will.  It's a worthless piece of paper."

This guy at Chase doesn't  know much or is lying.

I bought some of my dinar years ago, from a bank...Chase Bank.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Well, I just got back from Chase Bank and unfortunately, my bank story is very different from Joe Sutherland's brother's story.  

I said I wanted to talk to someone about foreign currency.  The guy took me into his office.  I told him my cousin called me Friday night from Indiana and proceeded to tell him all about it.

His whole expression changed.  He said "I've been her for 6 years and you have no idea how many people ask me about Iraq money.  No bank has ever sold it and no bank ever will.  It's a worthless piece of paper."  With that, he gets up and opens the door to his office for me to leave.  I had all to do to keep from laughing.  Then, he said, "Go talk to the tellers.  They're the ones who take in the currency."

So I went up to the front and spoke to one of the tellers.  I told her the story and she said "We don't need to be trained in currency.  A picture of the currency comes up on our screen and we just compare it."  So I asked if they buy Iraqi currency.  She asked for my card and punched in my account number.  She then looked at the screen and said "Is that money from Iraq?"  I said yes.  She looked and said "No, we don't buy or sell it."  So I thanked her for checking and left the bank.  And that was it.

Disappointing to say the least, although I did get a kick out of how clueless some people are about the dinar, even after being asked about it for 6 years.  :lol:

That is dog poo poo. Me and my entire family bought Dinar from Chase 10+ years ago when we originally got into this, but they did stop selling it shortly after we bought it. Shows how much this guy knows, but Chase did sell Dinar at one point. My wife worked for Chase at the time so unless they sold us counterfeit Dinar I can assure him it came from Chase.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

So I went up to the front and spoke to one of the tellers.  I told her the story and she said "We don't need to be trained in currency.  A picture of the currency comes up on our screen and we just compare it."  So I asked if they buy Iraqi currency.  She asked for my card and punched in my account number.  She then looked at the screen and said "Is that money from Iraq?"

I said yes.  She looked and said "No, we don't buy or sell it."  So I thanked her for checking and left the bank.  And that was it.

Thanks Floridian, 

Although this is what I expected it to be the result of your visit, I want you to be encouraged. I have had multiple similar experiences with banks one being chase the other being a local branch of a more localized bank here in my state. 

I will not be using Chase Bank. The two meetings were vastly different. Chase was very argumentative with me even when this happened to be right after when Chase and Citibank both open branches in Iraq after the release of chapter 7. I spoke with a private banker from Chase who informed me that they were not planning on working with the Iraqi dinar,  however they were opening a branch in Iraq and I told her that that was quite confusing to me. She was arrogant and obnoxious and right there and then I made the decision that were anything to ever happen with The Iraqi dinar, I would not be using Chase Bank.

The other bank that I dealt with was much more kind, open and considerate and said that they would be happy to help me with a private wealth manager if and when the Iraqi dinar wereto change in value. My bank sold me the Dinar on multiple occasions for years until this investment got to the point where a lot of people were buying it there and they chose to change course. If it ever revalues She told me they would be even willing to send a bank representative to my home to meet me versus me having to bring in large amounts of dinar, from a security standpoint. So totally different treatment. 

Also, I have a friend whose sister works for chase and handles 50 Billion portfolio for private banking and she at New Years said chase does not handle bitcoin or cryptos and that she could not personally invest in Cryptos because of her job! The very next month Jamie Dimon reversed his position saying bitcoin was a fraud to allowing and encouraging clients to put a small portion of their portfolios into crypto...... my point is, is that no one who works at the branch level is going to have a heads up..... no offense to people that work at the branch level.... but I’ve had enough interactions to know that they are worker bees taking orders from regional and national vps and directors! 

They know nothing.......over night the bank would lose its work forc if they did and had millions in Dinar. 

So chin up... we’re still in this to win this! 

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Thanks Floridian, 

Although this is what I expected it to be the result of your visit, I want you to be encouraged. I have had multiple similar experiences with banks one being chase the other being a local branch of a more localized bank here in my state. 

I will not be using Chase Bank. The two meetings were vastly different. Chase was very argumentative with me even when this happened to be right after when Chase and Citibank both open branches in Iraq after the release of chapter 7. I spoke with a private banker from Chase who informed me that they were not planning on working with the Iraqi dinar,  however they were opening a branch in Iraq and I told her that that was quite confusing to me. She was arrogant and obnoxious and right there and then I made the decision that were anything to ever happen with The Iraqi dinar, I would not be using Chase Bank.

The other bank that I dealt with was much more kind, open and considerate and said that they would be happy to help me with a private wealth manager if and when the Iraqi dinar wereto change in value. My bank sold me the Dinar on multiple occasions for years until this investment got to the point where a lot of people were buying it there and they chose to change course. If it ever revalues She told me they would be even willing to send a bank representative to my home to meet me versus me having to bring in large amounts of dinar, from a security standpoint. So totally different treatment. 

Also, I have a friend whose sister works for chase and handles 50 Billion portfolio for private banking and she at New Years said chase does not handle bitcoin or cryptos and that she could not personally invest in Cryptos because of her job! The very next month Jamie Dimon reversed his position saying bitcoin was a fraud to allowing and encouraging clients to put a small portion of their portfolios into crypto...... my point is, is that no one who works at the branch level is going to have a heads up..... no offense to people that work at the branch level.... but I’ve had enough interactions to know that they are worker bees taking orders from regional and national vps and directors! 

They know nothing.......over night the bank would lose its work forc if they did and had millions in Dinar. 

So chin up... we’re still in this to win this! 

Thanks NEPatriotsFan1.  I'm not discouraged at all.  I realize that man knew nothing.  I marvel at the fact that in 6 years he did not educate himself about dinar, after countless requests by bank patrons.   All he knew was the stock answer "It's a worthless piece of paper.".  LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Thanks NEPatriotsFan1.  I'm not discouraged at all.  I realize that man knew nothing.  I marvel at the fact that in 6 years he did not educate himself about dinar, after countless requests by bank patrons.   All he knew was the stock answer "It's a worthless piece of paper.".  LOL

Trust me I had the same experience this last 3 months educating branch managers as to why I was wiring money into crypto..... they looked at me like I was crazy..... and well....... nevermind

This is from the goat (not endorsing but even a blind squirrel finds a nut) was the point I was making earlier...... why would chase and Citibank be opening branches in Iraq if they believed their currency and economy was not going to be opening to the international community?

3-12-2018   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Article quote:  “THE STABILITY OF THE EXCHANGE RATE IS AN IMPORTANT STEP IN support OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY AND INCREASE INTERNATIONAL CONFIDENCE IN ALL ITS JOINTS”.   Why would they be concerned about international confidence in the dinar if they wanted to stay in a closed, sanctioned economy?   ...the goal of all this effort to recover the value of the dinar and I quote – “TO WORK ON THE RECOVERY OF THE IRAQI DINAR AND RAISE ITS MONETARY VALUE AND PURCHASE AGAINST THE US DOLLAR thus they mean reinstatement on the international arena. Folks the news could not get any better than this.  ...I believe this MCP issue is winding down to the last week of the mandated 90 day period by the IMF. The Reinstatement window is getting very close at hand. 

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

I can send you numerous copies of receipts from JP Morgan Chase where I started buying mine in 2006. He’s an @$$ for saying no bank ever sold it. It was purchased several times there by me here in Phoenix. 

Edited by idplzr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, idplzr said:

I can send you numerous copies of receipts from JP Morgan Chase where I started buying mine in 2006. He’s an @$$ for saying no bank ever sold it. It was purchased several times there by me here in Phoenix. 

I would guess he is only repeating what he's been told to say, like any good lemming would. The banksters want him regurgitating their party line and nothing else.

I firmly believe none of the bankers really know anything. Some of them are like us and are ready for this to pop. Imagine if we worked in a bank, we might make comments similar to the original posters experience giving people hope because we also believe it can happen at anytime... 

the reason I say all of this is because my brother whom I am very close to, is a very high level banker.. he is a SVP over corporate lending for large and mid level markets and even though he has Dinar, he always asks me about any news because he doesn’t have a clue..

my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Ok so I went into my bank yesterday and had a conversation with the branch manager regarding a secured line of credit and somehow the discussion about Cryptos came up, to which he feverishly wrote down everything I shared with him.... young guy whose been interested in the space and has heard different customers talking about gains etc. Realizes now is a good time to try to buy on a major correction in the market..... He literally knew nothing of how to even get started.... hadn’t even heard of coinbase or gemini.....

So I tried to help set him on a path to personal improvement and learning.

Secondly at the end of the conversation with the glass door closed I asked him non chalauntly about foreign currencies.... “He asked what do you mean?” 

I said about 10 years ago my wife and I purchased some currencies for traveling and some for investing... (His look told me he was completely clueless regarding changes) I asked does the bank still sell them..... He said yes they do and they will buy back but it’s just a service they provide to local bank customers.....

I then asked him in his experience if they have ever been notified from higher ups that a large group of currency investors would be trading formally non tradeable currencies for U.S. dollars? He said not that he was aware of and also that he didn’t believe that he would be.  He’s been a branch manager at the different locations for about 4 years.... 

Anyway... it was somewhat discouraging on the one hand that it’s not being discussed, but somewhat encouraging on the other..... with all the false hype regarding the dinar over the years, I believe people have become discouraged, sold out and moved on for the most part, I think that with all the good news we’ve been reading from our news hounds, the lack of physical dinar for sale at places like xchangeofamerica etc..... we may finally be to the end of this ride!

Its always darkest before the dawn, right? 

Just wanted to piggy back on what Floridian brought to the table. 

Even though its its as expected... I feel we can but these bank stories to rest. We ain’t gonna get a heads up from local branch managers

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

On 3/10/2018 at 1:27 PM, Joe Sutherland said:

My brother was in one of the smaller branch in Indianapolis.

I'm excited to hear about your visit on Monday!

No one buys this unless the address is given...why with hold the address...why not ask your brother if you don't know? Not trying to be mean bro...Just wanna get the facts straight

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

53 minutes ago, IQD=freedom said:

No one buys this unless the address is given...why with hold the address...why not ask your brother if you don't know? Not trying to be mean bro...Just wanna get the facts straight

Thanks for the comment.

I live in Idaho... My brother, as I said, lives near Indy... Or do you need his address also?

The address of the branch was not part of our conversation because I don't need an address to be able to believe my brother. 

The story is true and I shared it for those who are interested... Thanks everyone for the 3 pages of fun on this post by the way!

But you are free to not buy it if you choose,

I would however suggest caution when assuming to know the stand that everyone else here at DV is taking on a matter... They might surprise you.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Joe Sutherland said:

Thanks for the comment.

I live in Idaho... My brother, as I said, lives near Indy... Or do you need his address also?

The address of the branch was not part of our conversation because I don't need an address to be able to believe my brother. 

The story is true and I shared it for those who are interested... Thanks everyone for the 3 pages of fun on this post by the way!

I would however suggest caution when assuming to know the stand that everyone else here at DV is taking on a matter... They might surprise you.

I'm with you, Joe.  :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IQD=freedom said:

No one buys this unless the address is given...why with hold the address...why not ask your brother if you don't know?

Joe’s Brother Kiefer Is Only Giving U ‘24 Hours’ To Take That Back ! :o 

In The Meantime He’ll Need An Address ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Joe’s Brother Kiefer Is Only Giving U ‘24 Hours’ To Take That Back ! :o 

In The Meantime He’ll Need An Address ...

:D  :D  :D 

I swear, DT, if you don't do comedy for a living, you have missed your calling!!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Joe Sutherland said:

Thanks for the comment.

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, IQD=freedom said:

Thanks

1 hour ago, Joe Sutherland said:

Thanks for the comment.

My point is that there are over 40 banks to go to if I don't have a simple to get address. Thanks for the update though. 

Screenshot_20180314-200540.jpg