Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Forex Exchange USD/IQD 11.75 !!

nor

1 minute ago, normala rashid said:

i think this currency for deal on trade and is back to normal . i dont see  just test the same rate for no reason. i'm shure is something is  the back trade  

Something is happening ,  the last 1 & 1/2 years things have been really stepping up in Iraq

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, normala rashid said:

so we can see.. exchange in future are not lower than 0.08cents !

Thanks Normala I'll take 08. to start. :lol:

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

Love your way of thinking normala !!

pp

Ditto Pokerplayer  :D

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I went back and did a little search and found a post of mine from 2010.  The Dinar was on 8 major exchanges at $1.49.  The rate held on those exchanges include xe.com for aboout 8 hours.  Here we are in 2018 and I still wonder what happened. :angry:

Butifldrm

• Butifldrm
  • Platinum VIP
  • platinum-badge-1.gif.32c1bf288be00343319
  • 9,053 posts
  • LocationTexas

Do you remember November 12th 2009

I remember this date and the events that pursued, they are written in stone in my mind. Eight different currency converters including XE.com had the IQD valued at 1.49 to the USD for a few hours. I was a newbie at that time. If you look at my profile, I joined DV the next day. So a lot of people wrote it off as a glitch. I myself feel, perhaps it was not a glitch, maybe the RV was suppose to happen and but things were not in alignment at that time and the RV?/glitch happened for a few hours and then it was gone. For what reasons this happened I believe we will never know. For the past year we have seen weird things on some currency converters, but nothing like what happened on that night. All I know for the hour and thirty minutes I knew about it, I was a millionaire. It was like winning the lottery, tons of emotion. I am not so emotional today. I look at things and events more level headed. I have experienced the highs and lows of this journey over the past year, and when ever I get discouraged I think back to November 12th 2009 and the exchange sites listed the Dinar at 1.49 (by the way, I would take an RV, of 1.49 in a New York Minute,also if you look back at that date, the Euro was at the same rate). My GUESS is that it will come out close to the EURO, because if you look at the foreign currency Iraq held in 2009, the largest amt was the Euro. I know there are many of you who have been in this investment for years longer than myself, yet I have great faith this investment is going to happen soon and before 2011. It’s going to happen because the people of Iraq need it even more than us. JMO :)

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

Sorry to bump up a dead topic since the two sites showing this yesterday have gone back to normal, but I cant help wondering what happened.  For six hours yesterday at least two sites had the dinar at double the previous value.  It was either a glitch, which is hard to accept, or someone put it in for a laugh at our expense, or it was some kind of test which means some legitimate source input the value for a reason.  All of these are hard to accept honestly, but who the hell knows?

There were some here who said it was such a small amount what's the big deal?  Agreed it wasnt enough to get any of us to too excited, but I cant help but think about why?  Doubling of the value is no big deal to us speculators, but if you consider what needs to happen in Iraq it can look more significant.  Iraqi's dont trust the currency or the banks and prefer to use dollars, right?  If the dinar value doubled, as an Iraqi, wouldnt that change things?  Coupled with the fact that with the citizens to begin to get a share of the oil profits in the next 6 months and those proceeds going into a required bank account to every Iraqi, forcing them to use the banks.  In a very short time period you've given value to the dinar, squeezed out the dollar, and made every citizen happily open a bank account and use the banks to get to the free money.  You've also given most no reason to use the street exchangers anymore, as well as begin distributing the smaller denominations.  

And since the increase in value isnt really enough for most speculators to jump in yet to sell, its an easy way to get the ball rolling without a run on the currency or a vast sell-off which could upset things as well.  Just think, if we all woke up one morning to find the dollar had doubled in value?  That would be a big deal, wouldnt it?  It would shock the world and upset things catastrophically.  But not the dinar, its an exotic currency thats not traded anyway.  Something to ponder, anyway.

Butifldrm, was typing as you posted.  I got into this in 2011 so that was before my time.  So no explanation then, either.  Its hard to understand why these things would or could occur.  Is it intentional or a mistake?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

I remember the 1.49 rate that flashed for awhile.  I too was a new investor of the Dinar and thought, finally, it happened.  Haha, so naive. Seven years later I won’t get to fired up until the money is in my bank account.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, handy said:

Butiftldrm  -  I'm a contractor in Iraq and I was told by another contractor that when it went to  1.49 in 2009 that was no glitch . He said a state dept. guy told him they were going to revalue at that but Iraq wanted it to go to over $3 . He said the London exchange wouldn't let it come out that high so the minister of finance at that time told them Iraq wasn't ready then and they stopped it . Just passing along what he told me for what it is worth , don't shoot the messenger...

Thanks for sharing,

in a sleepless state

sort of makes sense

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I remember the 1.49 rate that flashed for awhile.  I too was a new investor of the Dinar and thought, finally, it happened.  Haha, so naive. Seven years later I won’t get to fired up until the money is in my bank account.

Same here buddy been at this too long and seen too many things pan out to be nothing! So we wait.... hopefully not too much more... I like Synopses thoughts about it happening by the end of 1st quarter which is just a few weeks away 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, handy said:

Butiftldrm  -  I'm a contractor in Iraq and I was told by another contractor that when it went to  1.49 in 2009 that was no glitch . He said a state dept. guy told him they were going to revalue at that but Iraq wanted it to go to over $3 . He said the London exchange wouldn't let it come out that high so the minister of finance at that time told them Iraq wasn't ready then and they stopped it . Just passing along what he told me for what it is worth , don't shoot the messenger...

Thanks for info Handy! I’m still of the opinion that if it doesn’t come out at 3+ it won’t take long to get there.... Iraqi’s are not going to want to see Kuwait that high and not have their currency not in line with their neighbor..... especially the one they’ve been punished for invading 25 years ago..... obviously just my opinion but I don’t want to sell out too early with a sucker rate and kick myself in 6 months because I jumped at 8.5 cents.... 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, danielchu said:

The simplest answer is it was just a mistake!

As a rule these institutions are highly regulated with safeguards in place to prevent mistakes.

If, and when, mistakes are made, you generally see fines and repercussions later in the week or month......

I just sum it up to be another interesting anomaly in the Revaluation process of the IQD......

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

You will all know if it hits 1.49

just look for the large trail of dust

as I am running away to the islands

the trail dust will be so large 

nasa  will see it from space

and they will here my screams from the space shuttle

that will be your sign right there

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1