Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New taxes on Iraqis after the adoption of the budget of 2018

yota691

I forgot to write that Chuck, it is obvious and an absolute no brainer.  There will be an increase in the value of the Iraqi Dinar.  

I’m thinking we get a small increase and an upward float as the Dinar becomes international ( right after IHOP announces the new restaurant to be opened in Baghdad).  As more investment money comes into Iraq  the value increase over a number of years.

What I want is a 1-1 and cash out and move to Maui!!!!!!

• Upvote 10

You think I’m kidding about the IHOP in Baghdad,

DineEquity Inc., which owns the IHOP chain of restaurants, said Monday it plans to open 40 new IHOP stores in the Middle East with Kuwait-based franchiser M.H. Alshaya Co. in its first major expansion outside of the U.S.

The restaurants will begin to open over the next 12 months in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Egypt.

No financial terms were disclosed.

http://m.naharnet.com/stories/en/8790-ihop-to-expand-in-the-middle-east-including-lebanon

Of course I’m joking around, I’m in a good mood today.  I’m practicing my techniques in non drooling so I can pass the cash in test.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

You think I’m kidding about the IHOP in Baghdad,

DineEquity Inc., which owns the IHOP chain of restaurants, said Monday it plans to open 40 new IHOP stores in the Middle East with Kuwait-based franchiser M.H. Alshaya Co. in its first major expansion outside of the U.S.

The restaurants will begin to open over the next 12 months in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Egypt.

No financial terms were disclosed.

http://m.naharnet.com/stories/en/8790-ihop-to-expand-in-the-middle-east-including-lebanon

Of course I’m joking around, I’m in a good mood today.  I’m practicing my techniques in non drooling so I can pass the cash in test.

Who’d want to go to an IHOP that doesn’t serve bacon??!!  😆

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

So this makes me think they are going to RV only because I would be so mad at election time if our government said they were coming up with 14 new taxes that I would not vote for any of them. Lol

Yes, RV before election in May (is it May 14th?).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rmc10 said:

So this makes me think they are going to RV only because I would be so mad at election time if our government said they were coming up with 14 new taxes that I would not vote for any of them. Lol

Yep you are so right and I hope they do - but this is Iraq ( always a must to add this caveat ). Wouldn't surprise me in the least, they blow the opportunity of a lifetime and yet still expect to be re-elected. Truthfully, I'll BE SURPRISED if the do RV prior to the elections. 

They have an appalling record when it comes to being on time/deadlines: because they have no point of reference to understand what a deadline is . . .  praying for a miracle and - - - :crossedfingers:  :tiphat:Have a Great Sunday Rmc10 

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

NYK, is it just us or what? RV seems pretty obvious. :lol:

Chuck, its like that man crawling out of the hot desert after weeks of being lost. Focusing on the perfect cool glass of water ever, smelling it,  tasting it even; yet it remains just out of reach for reasons no one knows. Arrrgh. Wa ... wa.... water ...p ... p... please. ... R ...R ... RV please.   P.S. I guess this subject matter is to deep for the reprobate the rubied you. Me thinks that this person just rubbies all those who claim God and Capitalism as being good things.

• Upvote 5

Knozemedia - Economy

Economist Salam Samisem said Monday that the 200 percent tax imposed on sugar, alcohol and alcohol will lead to a large inflationary wave in the market and lead to lower incomes for middle-class citizens.
"A 200 percent tax on sugar, honey and alcohol will have positive aspects and will give us a large negative side, which is the inflationary wave that will hit society because this rise will lead to a further rise in the services it provides," Smisem said.
"This inflation will reduce the real incomes of citizens, especially the middle class and their purchasing power. For example, those who receive 400 thousand salaries will not be able to adapt to the new taxes and there will be a big gap between them and these high-priced goods."
It is noteworthy that the government imposed a tax in the financial budget for the year 2018 on sugar and honey and alcohol and will come into force after the publication of the budget law in the newspaper facts.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Knozemedia - Economy

Economist Salam Samisem said Monday that the 200 percent tax imposed on sugar, alcohol and alcohol will lead to a large inflationary wave in the market and lead to lower incomes for middle-class citizens.
"A 200 percent tax on sugar, honey and alcohol will have positive aspects and will give us a large negative side, which is the inflationary wave that will hit society because this rise will lead to a further rise in the services it provides," Smisem said.
"This inflation will reduce the real incomes of citizens, especially the middle class and their purchasing power. For example, those who receive 400 thousand salaries will not be able to adapt to the new taxes and there will be a big gap between them and these high-priced goods."
It is noteworthy that the government imposed a tax in the financial budget for the year 2018 on sugar and honey and alcohol and will come into force after the publication of the budget law in the newspaper facts.

A change in currency value would help Abadi. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Call for reforming the general budget and diversifying its revenues

02/4/2018 12:00 am 

Baghdad / Imad Al-Amara 
The control of the state budget and ensure the continuity of the effectiveness of the state's financial activity in economic activity and social life on the factors related to the coordination of public revenues with expenditures that are linked to fiscal policy, which is an important part of economic policy.Economic Dr. Imad al-Ani between the importance of being Reforms in the state's financial activity are based on fiscal policies stemming from the actual needs of society. Al-Ani said in an interview with Al-Sabah that reforms should be in accordance with the economic, social and political conditions in the society, and this does not negate the importance of working to achieve the efficiency of public spending and ensure that this expenditure goes to the purpose assigned to it.  Financial Reform

Al-Ani pointed out that "basic services such as health and education may be available at appropriate rates and qualities, but for certain reasons the poor can not enjoy their advantages because they are too poor to bear the costs of medication or move to the place where these services are located." Financial reform process ". The private sector  stressed that "reducing the budget deficit and reform begins with the reform of the public finance sector by working on reforming the private sector and activating its role and make it a more productive sector and committed to long-term investment, and directing it towards real productive activities instead of non-productive activities and rapid profitability."

"In order to achieve this, it is the duty of the government to provide an environment conducive to private investment and attract foreign investment by adopting a set of amendments in the existing legislative and regulatory environment to allow equal opportunities for all and high transparency, as well as increase non-oil revenues by starting to exploit resources available from mineral resources In particular natural gas in a way that achieves the largest possible revenues, as well as raising the level of management of the state's public property, land, real estate and other properties in terms of efficiency and efficiency. " Money bills

Al-Ani called for "the establishment of free zones and the optimal exploitation of the geographical location enjoyed by Iraq," adding that "the reforms also include the management of public institutions and companies according to economic fundamentals and modern accounting standards, and supply of government share of surplus profits first Powell, Budget financing, as well as its role in the national economy. " 
He explained that "the stock market represents a large space for the work of fiscal policy to affect the overall financial and monetary variables, especially the rates of inflation and interest rates and exchange rate of the local currency, and it also gives room for the application of more efficient and effective monetary policy through the Central Bank.
"At the same time, the government bond market offers the opportunity for monetary authorities to achieve many benefits related to the functions and activities of these authorities. The most important of these benefits and advantages is that the existence of bond markets helps to shift towards the use of indirect instruments in the management of monetary policy, Open, and these, as a whole, indirect factors in the interest of the general budget of the state.  Sophisticated methods certainly concluded al - Ani , his speech on the importance of " the adoption of technology in public spending, ie , the use of modern technology and methods developed for the distribution of public money better by measuring the yield of this spending, what contributes to the transfer of money from spending non - product to the product of an economic cost - effective spending."
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

He explained that "the stock market represents a large space for the work of fiscal policy to affect the overall financial and monetary variables, especially the rates of inflation and interest rates and exchange rate of the local currency, and it also gives room for the application of more efficient and effective monetary policy through the Central Bank.
"At the same time, the government bond market offers the opportunity for monetary authorities to achieve many benefits related to the functions and activities of these authorities. The most important of these benefits and advantages is that the existence of bond markets helps to shift towards the use of indirect instruments in the management of monetary policy, Open, and these, as a whole, indirect factors in the interest of the general budget of the state.  Sophisticated methods certainly concluded al - Ani , his speech on the importance of " the adoption of technology in public spending, ie , the use of modern technology and methods developed for the distribution of public money better by measuring the yield of this spending, what contributes to the transfer of money from spending non - product to the product of an economic cost - effective spending."

This opinion piece appears to be something since it seems to note interrelationships even down to the "general budget of the state".

Go Stock Market

Go Fiscal Policy

Go Financial And Monetary Variables

Go Exchange Rate Of The Local Currency

Go Efficient And Effective Monetary Policy Through The Central Bank

Go Government Bond Market

Go Use Of Indirect Instruments In The Management Of Monetary Policy

Go Open General Budget Of The State

Go Sophisticated Methods

Go Adoption Of Technology In Public Spending

Go Use Of Modern Technology For The Distribution Of Public Money

Go Transfer Of Money To The Product Of An Economic Cost - Effective Spending

And, of course..................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY!!!)!!!

:pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

"In order to achieve this, it is the duty of the government to provide an environment conducive to private investment and attract foreign investment by adopting a set of amendments in the existing legislative and regulatory environment to allow equal opportunities for all and high transparency, as well as increase non-oil revenues by starting to exploit resources available from mineral resources In particular natural gas in a way that achieves the largest possible revenues, as well as raising the level of management of the state's public property, land, real estate and other properties in terms of efficiency and efficiency. "

National Oil Company Law. HCL. Just do it!!! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Issue No. (4485) of the Iraqi fact sheet in 2018/4/2

2018-04-03 02:01:00

Issue No. (4485) of the Iraqi fact sheet in 2018/4/2

Federal Budget Law of the Republic of Iraq for the fiscal year 2018 

Those wishing to acquire the Iraqi facts can review the Iraqi Fact Department located in Salihiya / Haifa Street (Ministry of Justice Building) to register for the

newspaper and obtain the required number.

https://www.moj.gov.iq/view.3758/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Iraqi newspaper publishes the Iraqi Budget Law for the year 2018

Tuesday, April 3,

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad 
announced that the Ministry of Justice, on Tuesday, for the issuance of a new number of Iraqi Gazette, indicating that the number included the budget for fiscal year 2018. Law , the 

ministry said in a statement seen Alsumaria News on it, it was "issued number (4485) of the Gazette of Iraq in 2-4-2018 ". 

The ministry added that the number included "the Federal Budget Law of the Republic of Iraq for the fiscal year 2018." 

It is noteworthy that the House of Representatives voted, in its session held on Saturday (March 3, 2018) on the federal budget for the current fiscal year boycotting the Kurdish deputies.

The Presidency announced on Tuesday (March 13, 2018) that President Fuad Masoum decided to re-budget the House of Representatives to re-examine the form and content of the constitutional, legal and financial, noting that there are about 31 points in the budget "intersect with the legislation in force." 

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Tuesday (13 March 2018) that "no one has the right to suspend the general budget of the country after the vote by the House of Representatives." 

On Thursday, March 29, 2018, the Presidency of the Republic announced that the Budget Law would be sent to the Ministry of Justice for publication in the Official Gazette, without the approval of President Fuad Masoum.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/iraq-news/4/اقتصاد-واعمال/ar

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Parliamentary Finance to / Mawazine News /: the abolition of part of the taxes on citizens by budget

Since 2018-04-03 at 13:56 (Baghdad time)

49_1.jpg

Special Mawazine News

The Finance Committee of the House of Representatives on Tuesday, the abolition of part of the taxes imposed on citizens in the budget of 2018.

Committee member Jabbar Abdul Khaliq told Mawazine News that "taxes in general have a positive side in terms of boosting the state revenues, while the negative side will weigh on the citizen if it is direct."

He added that "some of these taxes have been deleted and some of them have been kept for the protection of the local product without burdening the citizen." Taxes are a small part of the budget without being a burden.

The member of the Committee, that "the next phase will be the abolition of these taxes, especially since the cancellation of the 3.8% after the increase in oil prices."

The government imposed taxes on citizens in the 2018 budget

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The document announces the cancellation of deductions from all salaries

Tuesday 3 April

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad
The agency publishes Alsumaria News, a document issued by the Ministry of Finance and circulated to all ministries and state departments included the cancellation of deductions from all employees and retirees. 

The document also included the refund of the amounts deducted from January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018.

636583802463073345-29939567_2017286768299219_882888841_n.jpg

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/233419/بالوثيقة-المالية-تعلن-الغاء-الاستقطاعات-من-جميع-ال/ar

• Upvote 2

%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B1-696x435-6

The economic expert Bassem Jameel Antoine said on Friday that the budget has not been prepared properly, as it will deal with a temporary situation through the taxes imposed by it, indicating that the citizen is the only victim of it being exhausted and increasing the purchasing value in the market.

Antoine said in a press statement that "the imposition of taxes and fees during the budget on restaurants, hotels and beauty centers in addition to employees, dealing with a temporary situation of the economic situation of Iraq."

"Iraq today needs a five-year plan for economic recovery, reconstruction and the development of services and infrastructure by relying on the private sector away from the depletion of the citizen and put an end to it," he said.

He pointed out that "Iraq depends on revenues on the price of a barrel of oil up to 95%, while the salaries and salaries of the operational is to bite the large amount of money obtained by Iraq from its oil imports."

He stressed that "the only victim of the process of taxation during the budget is the citizen, especially since the state did not provide him with services and employment opportunities that limit the suffering," noting that "the government has eliminated the deductions of staff salaries of 3.8, but imposed large taxes as an alternative to deductions." 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, yota691 said:

temporary situation through the taxes imposed by it, indicating that the citizen is the only victim of it being exhausted and increasing the purchasing value in the market.

Trying to get my head around what this means...... 

Maybe read it backwards since Arabic goes backwards to English.....

By Increasing the purchasing value in the market 

The citizens will only be a victim temporarily to these New taxes that have just been passed....

🤞🏻

Document .. Customs determines the proportion of fines and fees on goods

Document .. Customs determines the proportion of fines and fees on goods

Twilight News    
 38 minutes ago

Shafaq News / The General Authority for Customs has set the rates of fines and fees on a number of goods imported into Iraq.

According to a document obtained by the twilight news, the General Authority for Customs and implementation of the provisions of the budget of 2018 decided to impose a fine of 200% on imported alcoholic beverages.

The Commission also decided to impose a 25% tax on sweets, ice cream, dairy products, juices and imported soft drinks.

444645.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1