Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq receives the latest batch of F-16 fighter jets

yota691

The United States will provide Iraq with a new batch of F-16 fighter jets next year

2018/02/18 - 32: 08 PM

7889878987.jpgWASHINGTON, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) - Iraq will receive 13 F-16s in the coming year, bringing the total number of Iraqi-made aircraft to 34, according to Deputy Commander of the International Coalition Forces Major General Andrew Croft. 

"The Iraqi air force is now more capable of eliminating terrorist organizations by using these planes," General Kroft told Radio Al-Hurra. 

He stressed that the International Alliance will work to strengthen the capabilities of the Iraqi Air Force, and training to be able to train pilots to use the F-16. 

The US military commander said there were Iraqi pilots receiving lessons at the Balad air base in Salahaddin province, as well as aeronautical engineering training.

He noted that the coalition is still using sophisticated reconnaissance aircraft in Iraq, to ensure the necessary support for Iraqi forces. 

Croft said the international coalition will continue to support Iraqi forces to ensure that the organization does not return or "the emergence of new militant organizations." 
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

They have Russian & American Military Hardware - can U say " Logistical Nightmare " ? Never mind, it's Iraq. Another Crisis " in the near future " . . . 

I can, was an xo in a armor company as well as being in ground cav.  

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Upvote 4

Monday, February 19

Search Bigger

BAGHDAD ( Reuters ) - Iraq will receive 13 F-16 fighter jets next year, the 
deputy commander of the international coalition forces , Major General Andrew Croft said on Monday, noting that the Iraqi air force is now more capable of eliminating terrorist organizations by using these aircraft . "The Iraqi Air Force is now more capable of eliminating terrorist organizations by using these aircraft," Croft said in a statement to Al-Hurra television.

He added that the International Alliance will work to strengthen the capabilities of the Iraqi Air Force, and training to be able to train new pilots to use the F-16, following that there are Iraqi pilots taking lessons at the base of air in Salahaddin province , as well as training in aeronautical engineering . 

It is noteworthy that the Iraqi Air Force announced, Saturday (August 26, 2017), the completion of the manufacture of another F16 Iraqi in the United States.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

I know what you mean. Meet some of the best people in the world, in those days.

I still stay in touch with some of the boys. Sadly some are no longer with us, owing to the fact they passed on because of the “ non existent “ health complications the Pentagon refused to recognize for a decade from the 1st Gulf War. 😡

i guess my wife must be a hypochondriac.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I still stay in touch with some of the boys. Sadly some are no longer with us, owing to the fact they passed on because of the “ non existent “ health complications the Pentagon refused to recognize for a decade from the 1st Gulf War. 😡

i guess my wife must be a hypochondriac.

Same here. It has been interesting to see where they ended up. My son was doing an interview for OCS and ran into a guy who know me from Haiti. The military is a small world. 

• Thanks 1

• yota691 changed the title to US company wins $ 375 million contract for Iraqi F-16

%D8%A7%D9%81-16-696x435.jpg

Information / Translation ...

The US Air Force's Lifecycle Administration on Saturday awarded a $ 375 million contract to Silverport Holding to provide basic support and security services to Iraqi F-16 aircraft.

"The company will provide emergency support to support people and companies operating in Iraq and operations also include the protection, maintenance, training, procurement and logistics services of F-16 Iraqi Falcon aircraft," Defense Industries Daily, the US military industry website, said in a news release.

"The contract is due to be executed at Balad Air Base and completed in 2020," the site added.

The Iraqi Air Force announced last year that it will receive 13 additional F-16 aircraft in 2019, making the fleet of Iraqi fighter aircraft of this type 34 aircraft. " Ending / 25 z

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq receives six new F-16 aircraft
History of edits:: 2019/4/6 16:43  211 times readable
Iraq receives six new F-16 aircraft
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Ministry of Defense announced the arrival of six F-16 aircraft to the base of Balad air, within the contract between Iraq and the United States.
The aircraft was received by air force commander Lieutenant General Anwar Hama Amin
  • Upvote 1

Iraq receives six new F-16s from Washington

Iraq receives six new F-16s from Washington
A US F16 aircraft in an Iraqi base is archival
 06 April 2019 11:34 PM

The Iraqi Ministry of Defense announced on Saturday the receipt of a new batch of F-16 fighter aircraft.

The Iraqi Defense Ministry said in a statement quoted by the news agency "Conscious", that six F-16 "aircraft" arrived at "base Balad" air north of Baghdad .

The aircraft were part of a previous contract between Iraq and the United States .

Baghdad and Washington have concluded in 2011 a contract to supply Iraq with 36 aircraft of the type mentioned and Iraq has already received a number of them.

• Upvote 3

Washington has handed over to Iraq 6 new F-16 fighter jets

Sunday, 07 April 2019

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%80-16-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A9.jpg

logo-Lamsat.png

Baghdad - Writings

Under the label "Iraqi army wins" announced the Iraqi Ministry of Defense to hand over Iraq a new batch of US fighter jets F-16.

According to the Ministry of Defense in a statement, the United States sent six fighter aircraft to Iraq and reached the base, "Balad" air, in the contract deal signed between Baghdad and Washington for military support in the face of terrorism since 2011, the total number of fighters 36 A plane of the model arrived in the first aircraft to Iraq in 2014.

Upon arrival, the aircraft received Air Force Commander Major General Anwar Hama Amin.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Artitech said:

Wonder what currency they are using for this purchase!

pretty much everything is done in US dollars .. cheers

In January 2011, Iraq signed a contract worth $3 billion for 18 F-16C/D Block 52 fighters — 12 single-seat F-16Cs and six two-seat F-16Ds — for delivery between 2014 and 2015.

excerpt from ... https://warisboring.com/iraq-got-f-16s-in-september-2015-and-immediately-starting-bombing-isis/

• Thanks 1

This reminds me of other posts we have seen in the past.. I find it funny when people say, and we have heard this for years.. “ Well they can’t do that with a worthless currency”.. lol actually sure they can and the Dinar is not worthless, if so, I’ll take a Billion Dinars, Free of charge please.. lol wheather you pay $10 US dollars, or a swipe of your debit card or even 1,000 pennies for a Big Mac and fries, it all equals the same amount in the end, It just takes more “less valued” zeros to cover it. And not to mention huge purchases are done digitally anyway.. so huge purchases can be made in IQD, just add 3 more zeros than you would with our old green backs. ;)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, GregHi said:

And not to mention huge purchases are done digitally anyway.. so huge purchases can be made in IQD, just add 3 more zeros than you would with our old green backs.

exactly .... and not to go down the never ending iqd exchange rabbit hole , but thats what gets to me when people state ( " how will iraq pay for a currency exchange " ) it's all just digits on a computer screen very little will ever transpire in physical hard currency.. we wait

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq receives the latest batch of F-16 fighter jets
Editorial date:: 5/29/2019  459 times read
Iraq receives the latest batch of F-16 fighter jets
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The Ministry of Defense announced on Friday the arrival of the last batch of F-16 aircraft.
The defense ministry said in a statement that "the air base Balad received the last batch of F-16 aircraft, the five aircraft." 
"The air force commander, Lieutenant-Colonel Anwar Hama Amin, was receiving the arrival of the aircraft, in the presence of the commander of the air base Balad, and a number of officers and staff corner." 
Hama Amin said that "this batch comes within the contract with the United States of America," noting that "these aircraft are a large addition to the Iraqi air force, which has witnessed a significant development on the level of combat and training." 
On April 6, the Iraqi Ministry of Defense announced the arrival of a new batch of F-16 aircraft to the Balad airbase as part of the agreement between the two countries.
  • Upvote 2