Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

We have on this web site a plethora of information from years of research. I would like to start a discussion about possible time frames for an RV, RI, or float. Where ever you stand about what may happen, let's here it. Please only bring your opinion if it can be backed up by any evidence. Most of us have read most of what has been written about the dinar. Please don't bring up rates, just a probable time frame for what most of us wait for. 

Me first and why. I believe that from all the information I have read, within the 1st quarter of this year the dinar will go international. Honestly I thought it would have happened by now. My number 1 reason for my belief is that the corruption associated with the currency auction is widely publicized and must end. Al Abadi runs for re election against corruption, its has to end. IMO, al abadi should be nominated for the Nobel peace prize. Is he without sin....no, he is undoubtedly the best anyone could hope for.

Please share your opinion on time frame and why. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 6

On 2/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, FROSTYJACK said:

I think it will happen SOON. My reason for that is about 10,000 articles dating back more than 12 years  that say it is going to happen SOON. So it must be true right? So I have to go with SOON. 🤓 

My wife asks "when are you going to be finished with rebuilding that car?" (I'm rebuilding a 1969 Mustang) and I always say, "pretty soon" or "soon" so based on that I would say "Soon" is approximately 10-15 years in length. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just a view of the world right now and seeing commodities starting to strengthen again. I see that opec has been giving effort to stabilize oil prices witch I 

believe is a huge boost for Iraq. I truly believe this year is a make or break for them because the world and the United States cannot keep going in there 

to help them any longer. Its time for this country to grow up and be a player with the rest of the world.   just my opinion

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Woldopep.

I don't follow the IQD as closely as many here........I have been kind of surprised by the lack of follow-ups to your initial question.

I do have a number of people that send me stuff from time to time.......from people they say are "Gurus"......I don't really like that label......

I am more of a currency reset guy........the world is a mess.......and unless something is done soon the whole house of cards will come tumbling down....

With that said........here is a thought that was sent to me......I don't know if it was an original, or a copy and paste.......nor do I really care....

It seems to make as much sense as any of it that's out there........ actually more sense than many........CL

For what it's worth.....????

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The reason Iraq was so aggressive trying capture Mosul is because the security forces were backsliding.

Iraq is trying to over see some fair elections by having International and local observers participate in choosing the next Prime Minister in May.

There are some undesirables in the government that need to be removed, but that will depend on the upcoming election.

Iraq has a good relationship with the Trump Administration.

There are bids coming in from Turkey, Iran, France and other companies to rebuild Iraq. Fortune 500 companies are wanting to invest in Iraq.
60% of the population in Iraq is 25 years old and younger.

Many of the security forces have been politicized by the former prime minister Maliki.

The future of Iraq depends on the outcome of the upcoming elections.

The rate for the currency is in the new budget.

That budget has to be opened by the end of the first quarter.

There are large companies and Fortune 500 companies wanting to invest in Iraq and it seems to me they will have to have a viable currency.

By the end of March we should know the new rate for the currency, however it seems clear that nothing much as going to change until after the election in May.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

this being the 2-nd month of the new year ,  following  from   ---- 

• yota691

Iraq emerges from Chapter VII of the United Nations   12/09/2017 <-----   we for more than at least  3 years have been  watching and reading of the " for told " move from chapter 7 too chapter 8 ,  and this was from the  pervious  news releases of  the beliefs  that "  regional calm and peace " will be on the horizon of  stability and economic growth , and seems from last weeks posts  that  Iraq is setting up events  for business interest in the country for better economic future of Iraq .....   Iraq’s classification at B- / B was confirmed with a stable outlook.....    Iraq is moving towards a market economy.....  now as a time line ,  the abidi group sets every one up for what ?  they boast --  economic and personal wellness for all Iraqi citizens , not to forget what  central banker  has been posting for the news outlets ,  banking reform , new reforms   new training for banking employees  ,  is he just pumping up the average Iraqi person from hype just to get them inside the banks ?  this part has been going on for over 5 years that I can remember !  The Association of Iraqi Private Banks holds a course in financial accounting........ now this one seems to say  they are finally through with training ....and now with the 2nd month of the 2018 year we see this one  and hopes it is true ------  Economist: Iraq incurred 40 billion of the contracts of the Association of Banks and the Central Bank .. And the relationship "hidden" the final account  ....  but from just  glancing over the topics  if something isn`t hopped around may , the election timeframe ,  it is going to have ill effects on Iraq as a whole ,  this is just my thinking only ,  but time will tell ,  and I myself am kind of tired of  waiting on time too exchange dinar ....  and I can bet  so is  the average Iraqi citizen ,  they keep getting the double talk and  parliament keeps putting off the business at hand ! 

• Upvote 6

as for further thoughts  I wonder if the  " gathering  "  of protesters  demonstrating about the  ---- passing H-C-L  ---- get it done  ...  I wonder if the elections might really speed this topic up  ? or will it be another  --- parliament cancels another meeting again ...  or will h-c-l  even have an effect on what the  value of a dinar is ?   who else  that deals with oil  , (  country wise )  has a currency  better than Iraqi`s  that does not  share its  oil profits ?   but besides  h-c-l  ,  going international  ,  will this have an effect ?   getting dinar values up ?    ( going international will mean that only , that dinar can be used at other banking institutions world wide ,  really does not mean  higher values )  so it seems that if abidi thinks he needs a push in the elections to be a win ,   GET WITH THE CENTRAL BANKER ,AND PUSH THE DINAR VSLUES UP  give the average Iraqi  buying power again !   { just me wandering around the play ground of thoughts again }

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Woldopep,  If the GOI & KRG can settle the final agreement with the KRG 14 Percent Share of the "2018 Budget" we should have a direct path to "140, HCL " and IMHO RV / RI of the IQD.  Based on numerous articles the Airports, Border Crossing, Customs, Oil, etc in the KRG Region will be either under or joint control of Federal Gov't which IMO is a positive step going forward.    Also,  All other issues should be resolved as well paying direct salaries to KRG Gov"t employees once full audit is completed by the GOI.   Afterwards,  I do believe we will see RV / RI of the IQD either before or immediately after elections IMHO.   If PM Abadi truly intend to be re-elected then I suggest RV / RI The IQD before May elections.   Just my 2 cents....😊😊

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

On 2/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, tigergorzow said:

Woldopep,  If the GOI & KRG can settle the final agreement with the KRG 14 Percent Share of the "2018 Budget" we should have a direct path to "140, HCL " and IMHO RV / RI of the IQD.  Based on numerous articles the Airports, Border Crossing, Customs, Oil, etc in the KRG Region will be either under or joint control of Federal Gov't which IMO is a positive step going forward.    Also,  All other issues should be resolved as well paying direct salaries to KRG Gov"t employees once full audit is completed by the GOI.   Afterwards,  I do believe we will see RV / RI of the IQD either before or immediately after elections IMHO.   If PM Abadi truly intend to be re-elected then I suggest RV / RI The IQD before May elections.   Just my 2 cents....😊😊

you and I only hope, I see the Budget, but Article 140 and HCL are months away, then we have elections and another stupid conference

be awhile my friend, and you know I adore you :pirateship:

The way things seem to be shaping up lately, seems like Al Abadi will not lift the airport embargo and border issue till after the may elections. I’m not informed enough to know the reasoning behind his position other than possibly breaking the hierarchy of the Kurdistan regions and giving a new opportunity to the people of Kurdistan. The 64,000 dollar question is.... will the push to reconstruct Iraq and replace currency auction supersede not passing the budget till after the elections. I can’t imagine passing the HCL and or Article 140 without passing the budget.

i believe we all feel like we are very, very close. Very possibly before the end of the 1st quarter and if that were the case they would not wait till the last day to pull the trigger.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, coorslite21 said:

Woldopep.

I don't follow the IQD as closely as many here........I have been kind of surprised by the lack of follow-ups to your initial question.

I do have a number of people that send me stuff from time to time.......from people they say are "Gurus"......I don't really like that label......

I am more of a currency reset guy........the world is a mess.......and unless something is done soon the whole house of cards will come tumbling down....

With that said........here is a thought that was sent to me......I don't know if it was an original, or a copy and paste.......nor do I really care....

It seems to make as much sense as any of it that's out there........ actually more sense than many........CL

For what it's worth.....????

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The reason Iraq was so aggressive trying capture Mosul is because the security forces were backsliding.

Iraq is trying to over see some fair elections by having International and local observers participate in choosing the next Prime Minister in May.

There are some undesirables in the government that need to be removed, but that will depend on the upcoming election.

Iraq has a good relationship with the Trump Administration.

There are bids coming in from Turkey, Iran, France and other companies to rebuild Iraq. Fortune 500 companies are wanting to invest in Iraq.
60% of the population in Iraq is 25 years old and younger.

Many of the security forces have been politicized by the former prime minister Maliki.

The future of Iraq depends on the outcome of the upcoming elections.

The rate for the currency is in the new budget.

That budget has to be opened by the end of the first quarter.

There are large companies and Fortune 500 companies wanting to invest in Iraq and it seems to me they will have to have a viable currency.

By the end of March we should know the new rate for the currency, however it seems clear that nothing much as going to change until after the election in May.

I like this explanation CL thanks for passing it along.... I tend to agree that it’s put up or shut up for Abadi before the elections! 

• Upvote 2

Thanks Woldopep....There are too many veratables to sidetrack the budget, HCL, Article 140 and any other thing that the corrupt can use to dismantle the progress of re-establishing Iraq's economy...Until Iraq deals with the elephant in the room and indicts Maliki and his goons there will always be a destructive force behind the development of the private sector's...The corrupt can see their 'money-cow being threatened by an 'open-economy' and will throw anything into the wheels of progress to get it to stop...The end of Q1 will tell us our next clue imho....:rocking-chair:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So was the HCL passed this week or no?  

Botz, the HCL has been broken into three parts. The first is the establishment of the National Oil Company. Think of this as more of a restructuring of a company that seeks to consolidate its assets in order to centralize the company. The establishment of the INCOC was what was passed this past week. The answer, to the question was the HCL passed this week, is yes and no because only one-third of the HCL was passed. There is still more to the HCL than the establishment of the INCOC which is the consolidation of oil and gas fields in all provinces of Iraq under the national oil company. Look at the the previous drafts of the Iraqi Oil and Gas Draft to get a clearer picture of what still needs to be accomplished for a complete HCL passage.

I have maintained that there is an implementation phase that needs to be successful before an RV/RI. Once this hits the Gazette, then th INCOC has 6 months to start producing. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2