Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

From the Media Office of Abadi

Floridian

Here's a paragraph from the article I posted.  Wish I would have highlighted it at the time I posted it:

"Abadi expressed his thanks to Kuwait, which “donated all the expenses of the donor conference,” noting that “Iraq is moving in the right direction. Three years ago no one expected to arrive in a united Iraq today.” He added that “the amount of grants amounted to 30 billion dollars, , And our expectations were much less, “adding that” any loans will not accept only within the limits of the Iraqi budget, “and explained that” Kuwait is not our only station, our plan for the reconstruction of Iraq ambitious, “and said:” After three or four years will see Iraq shift Economic surprise
the world”.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like "past tense" to me.

Advertisements
  • Upvote 5

If things had gone correct 3 or 4 years ago ,  I had been thinking that Iraq was very dang close to doing something big , like giving the HCL money to all , and , give the dinar a good value at the same time 

But those dashhole boys screwed up the works . So maybe 4 years later it is go time for both again !

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

. . . DON'T FORGET HOW THEY TALK OUTTA THIER BUTT AS WELL,  DT !

That’s A ‘Skill’ They’ve Had For Centuries - Originally As A Means To Communicate With Their Camels When Riding Thru Sandstorms ! :bananacamel:

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

1) The Past Tense الزمن الماضي

I’m Way Past Being Tense About This Eternally Flacid Investment - Somebody Drop An Overly Flatulent Camel Into This Parliamentary Den Of Generational Camel Thieves And Lock The Frickin’ Door Until They Pass The HCL:bananacamel:

And Then Start Massively Celebrating For Numerous Days On End Before Possibly Remembering To Unlock The Door ...

And Of Course Only To Let Out That Poor Camel ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

1) The Past Tense الزمن الماضي

A verb in the past tense refers to an action that was finished some time in the past (before speaking); e.g. محمد ذهبَ إلى المدرسة = Mohammad went to school....
The root verb in Arabic is always in the past tense; e.g. كَتَبَ = he wrote.
Verbs are categorized according to their minimum root number of letters.

1) The Past Tense الزمن الماضي ...See More(
Translated from Arabic by Microsoft
Dr. Abadi: After three or four years, Iraq will witness an economic move that surprises the world.)
4:04 PM - 15 Feb 2018

Three or four years have already passed.

THE ABOVE WAS WHAT AN IRAQI TRANSLATED.  

Well alrighty then!  Thanks Botswana, I stand corrected.  

An Iraqi can translate Arabic better than Google.

Sorry I doubted you, Blueskyline.

This is much better news than I thought.  :)

Surprise me, Abadi.

Edited by Floridian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Dr. Abadi: After three or four years, Iraq will witness an economic move that surprises the world.)
4:04 PM - 15 Feb 2018

Three or four years have already passed.

" Iraq will witness an economic move that surprises the world "  These people are on Heroin or some other very powerful " feel good " drug. The only gosh damned thing that would be a " SURPRISE " is that Iraq actually & finally got the Ball over the Goal Line after 15 years of Heaping Explosive Verbal Diarrhea & :bs:

Three or four years have already passed.  This is what was on my mind . . . Days of Future Past . . . Soooo, here we are again at :soon: - prior to the end of the 1st Quarter will do nicely. Can't help but think though, before this is all over we're gonna Witness copious amounts of Explosive Verbal Diarrhea & :bs:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Karsten said:

Could mean that within the next 3-4 years Iraq will be back to the Splendor Days of the 50-60's when it was a Hot Tourist Stop like Libya and other Middle East Resorts....I know it is hard to believe but these were wonderful places to visit way back when.

Kick off the RI Now and start the building process with a game plan of slowly bringing it back to a tourist Destination.

Right now all of Iraq is pretty much a Blank Canvas to do with what they will.

Just thinking out loud.

Karsten

With 12,000 archeological sites there, would be a big draw. It was once the Garden of Eden for crying out loud. Who wouldn’t want to go????  :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2

3 to 4 ? years from what year? ... leading to what, making Iraq the economic power house of the world ? Hmm . Could he be saying that the complete reconstruction of Iraq from North, South, East, and West, to commercial and residential will take 3 - 4 years ? Then they will step into being the new economic power house of the Middle East like they were saying they were gonna be years ago ? I hope Abadi is not saying that their currency won't RV/RI aka increase in value for another 3 - 4 years. 2 - 3 months??? That would be ok. I would think if they are going to keep obtaining loans for what ever reason that soon, like now, banks would require a tradeable currency like now.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, new york kevin said:

3 to 4 ? years from what year? ... leading to what, making Iraq the economic power house of the world ? Hmm . Could he be saying that the complete reconstruction of Iraq from North, South, East, and West, to commercial and residential will take 3 - 4 years ? Then they will step into being the new economic power house of the Middle East like they were saying they were gonna be years ago ? I hope Abadi is not saying that their currency won't RV/RI aka increase in value for another 3 - 4 years. 2 - 3 months??? That would be ok. I would think if they are going to keep obtaining loans for what ever reason that soon, like now, banks would require a tradeable currency like now.

Good points NY K. But from day one he better have a currency or this just becomes a speech not even a pipe dream.

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Upvote 1