Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Presidential efforts to approve the budget

yota691

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, yota691 said:

A deputy reveals the removal of many obstacles that stood in the way of the adoption of the law of the general budget

20-02-2018 02:34 PM
Readers
image.php?token=ffa7608f9b9007dc108ad3e4038b5a77&size=

Baghdad News -

Revealed the MP for the National Alliance Sadik al-Mahna, on Tuesday, the removal of many obstacles that stood in front of the adoption of the law of the general budget, while stressing that some of the Kurdish deputies agreed to pass the law, it is likely to vote by majority during the coming sessions. 

Al-Mahna said in a press statement that "the budget will be passed during the meetings of the Council of Representatives coming as a result of overcoming many of the obstacles that stood in front of the passage of the budget," pointing out that "the meeting of the three presidencies with the Finance Committee will give greater impetus to pass the budget." 

Al-Mahna added that "the budget will pass by a majority of the National Alliance and the Union of Forces and part of the deputies of the Kurds during the coming sessions," noting that "17% ended because it was given in accordance with moods and political consensus."

In other words, the Kurds blinked first......

• Upvote 3

On 2/19/2018 at 8:10 AM, ChuckFinley said:

Makes one really think twice about investing in Iraq when this is done. 

Not gonna invest directly into Iraq CF -  there’s plenty of other opportunities out there -  they’ve given me 15 years to plan my strategy. 

Buh wah ha ha ha ha ha !

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

There is something secret on Kurdish quota in budget: Abadi

February 23 2018 12:40 AM
Haider Abadi
Haider Abadi

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi expressed his surprise as the parliament continues to delay the approval of budget bill.
On the Kurdish demands of increasing quota in the budget, he said there is something secret th on the issue. 
"This is impermissible," he noted.
In a press conference during his trip in Basra, Abdadi said he hopes the parliament will approve the budget bill as near as possible.
"We are keen to preserve the interests of the citizens of Kurdistan. And we will continue our efforts to maintain the unity of the country," he stated.
He wondered:"I don’t know why is everything is important for lawmaker excepting the budget which should have been approved a year ago?"

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/24060/There-is-something-secret-on-Kurdish-quota-in-budget-Abadi

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi expressed his surprise as the parliament continues to delay the approval of budget bill.  He wondered: "I don’t know why is everything is important for lawmaker 'except' the budget which should have been approved a year ago? "

Pretty funny quote coming from Abadi. I mean, he and the COM cut the Kurd portion by 30%. I doubt he or any of the GOI would accept a 30% pay cut. And then they meet and just assume the Kurds are fine with that. On top of closing airports and other restrictions. Why wouldn't the Kurds be a little pissy ???

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

Pretty funny quote coming from Abadi. I mean, he and the COM cut the Kurd portion by 30%. I doubt he or any of the GOI would accept a 30% pay cut. And then they meet and just assume the Kurds are fine with that. On top of closing airports and other restrictions. Why wouldn't the Kurds be a little pissy ???

" Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi expressed his surprise as the parliament continues to delay the approval of budget bill.  He wondered: "I don’t know why is everything is important for lawmaker 'except' the budget which should have been approved a year ago? "

Okay that's it ! ! ! - - - BY GOD THAT'S ENUFF ! ! ! ! This is a level Stoooopid that is downright EPIC, and from Abadi no less. 

I think we've just stepped smack dab into the SURREAL - My HEAD is spinning around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist ! ! !   

I'm off to Liquor Cabinet ! I'll be DAMNED if I'm going into another Dimension with these FOOLS, SOBER ! ! ! ! :cheesehead:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Editorial date: 2018/2/22 15:30 • 552 times read
Parliamentary Finance reveals the date of voting on the budget and the amendments it contains
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) revealed a member of the Finance Committee of the parliamentary, the date of voting on the financial budget for the current year and the most prominent amendments included, especially with regard to citizens and employees in general.
A member of the committee, MP Magda Abdul Latif al-Tamimi, said in a press statement today, "Among the amendments to cancel the paragraph to deduct a percentage of salaries," 3.8 "percent by general agreement by the members of the Committee, as well as find an alternative to the decline that will be due to this cancellation, Promotions and allowances and deletion and development after it came from the government as a natural right to the work of the employee. " 
She added Tamimi that " the budget included an increase 144 billion dinars for people with disabilities who are victims of terrorism or fought for terrorism" Daesh "and supervisors to take care of them, as well as the allocation of $ 200 million to set up small income-generating projects for youth employment rather than stay unemployed. 
Predicted Tamimi, that "Parliament votes on the draft budget in the meeting next Tuesday."
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

Information / Baghdad ...

The MP for the National Alliance Ali al-Badiri, that the differences on the budget law for the year 2018 is very large and make it difficult to pass during the meetings next week.

"The dispute over the federal budget law is still in place and there are political blocs, including the Union of Kurdish forces insisting not to pass the budget until after the approval of their demands," he said, adding that "the difficulty of consensus on those demands Will close the door for approval during the next week's sessions, which will run from Tuesday to Thursday. "

He added that "a number of MPs are preparing to arrange their situation ahead of the elections of the House of Representatives on the 12 of next May instead of concern about voting on the budget law."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

He added that "a number of MPs are preparing to arrange their situation ahead of the elections of the House of Representatives on the 12 of next May instead of concern about voting on the budget law."

So as I've stated before, they can't complete their jobs NOW (getting paid to review and pass real laws)

because they are focused on getting re-elected, so they can come back at end of summer.....

and do NOTHING ?? I know, it's rhetorical. The question is the answer. Country full of.....

Related image

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

Parliamentary Finance: Abadi agreed to form a committee to resolve the share of Kurdistan from the budget

Parliamentary Finance: Abadi agreed to form a committee to resolve the share of Kurdistan from the budget
Last updated: 24 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

BAGHDAD / The Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed the approval of Prime Minister Haider Abadi on the formation of a committee to resolve the dispute over the share of the Kurdistan region of the budget. MP member Massoud Haider said on Saturday that Abadi "agreed to the proposal of the Committee, To discuss the differences between Baghdad and Erbil on the share of the Kurdistan region in the federal budget. "Haider expressed his hope that" the new committee will finish its work within a few days and end the dispute and pass the budget unanimously and with the approval of all the parliamentary blocs. "In turn, Of the chances of passing a draft Budget Law during the week Alhala.oadav Budeiri, that "the dispute over the federal budget law still exists, and there are blocks they seem determined not to pass the budget only after the approval of their demands, and this in itself is a problem."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Deputies: Tuesday's session will witness a vote on the budget
15:02
Last updated
The time now is 03:18 PM
Watch

BAGHDAD / Tomorrow Press: 
Legal Committee of Parliament confirmed on Saturday that the next parliamentary session will vote on the draft financial budget law for 2018. 
The committee member said Salim Shawki, told the "Tomorrow 's Press," that " the differences that occurred about the budget between the House of Representatives The Kurds and the deputies of the Western provinces did not find them radical solutions, but agreements got to achieve a quorum to pass the budget and vote on it.
He added that "has already been reading the first and second draft of the law and it is hoped that the completion of consultations among the three presidencies to finalize the budget." 
He pointed out that "if the completion of consultations will be a vote on the budget bill in the meeting next Tuesday."
The MP for the National Alliance Messenger Radhi, has confirmed on Thursday, that the meeting of the presidencies of the three expected will be devoted only to discuss the objections of the Kurds on the budget, pointing to the possibility of passing the law by majority agreement with the Alliance of forces. 
Radhi said in a statement to "Al-Ghad Press" that "the budget is currently stalled on the outcome of the tripartite meeting between the presidential presidencies, deputies and ministers." 
He added that "the meeting will be devoted only to discuss the objection of the Kurds to reduce the ratio to 12.67% of the budget, after the settlement of differences with the coalition of Iraqi forces and deputy oil provinces." 
He pointed out that "the coalition of Iraqi forces had submitted 15 demands that the government agreed with them to pass eight, and therefore no longer have an objection to the law." 
He added that "this is the case for the oil provinces after the agreement to allocate a certain percentage of surplus oil exports."
He said that "the National Alliance and the coalition of Iraqi forces, in the event of the insistence of the Kurds on their demands and the absence of meetings of the presidencies with positive results will go to pass the law by a majority, as happened in the budget last year."
  • Upvote 3

On 2/22/2018 at 4:13 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Not gonna invest directly into Iraq CF -  there’s plenty of other opportunities out there -  they’ve given me 15 years to plan my strategy. 

Buh wah ha ha ha ha ha !

I have to LMAO. I feel like you and I could start one of those web business. The intro would be that "We have 30 Years of Dinar Experience". LOL.

• Haha 4

Parliamentary finance reveals the approval of Baghdad to increase the share of Kurdistan from the budget to this ratio! 2018/02/24 16:17  Baghdad today  The decision of the Finance Committee in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, Ahmed Haji Rashid, that Baghdad agreed to increase the share of the Kurdistan region of the budget for the current year to 14%.  "The Iraqi government has agreed to increase the percentage allocated to the Kurdistan region from 12.67% to 14% of the Iraqi general budget, but we do not yet know what the position of the Kurdistan Regional Government of the matter," said Haji Rasheed. He stressed Haji Rashid, "continue efforts to stabilize 17% of the Iraqi budget for the year 2018 for the region," they returned that "is not easy work, especially in the event of acceptance of the demands of the Sunnis in the public budget."  He also touched on the decision of the Finance Committee in the Iraqi Council of Representatives that "the meetings of the three Iraqi presidencies to discuss the draft law of the Iraqi budget for the year 2018, has failed, and that Prime Minister Iraq failed the meeting when he declined to participate in a meeting of this kind."  And voted the Iraqi Council of Representatives, on Tuesday (February 13), on the second reading of the federal budget law for 2018, according to the information department announced to the Council. The second reading of the law of the general budget for the year 2018 is expected to pass only after adding amendments and resolve differences, especially regarding the demands of the Kurds and also the demands of deputies of representatives of oil-producing provinces. The head of the parliamentary legal committee Mohsen al-Saadoun, has revealed on Friday, (February 16) the existence of "moves" to convene a meeting of the three presidencies in order to resolve differences on the federal budget for the current year, and pass it as soon as possible, pointing to the Kurdish blocs will insist on refusing to pass it If such differences are not resolved. The Kurdish blocs, has revealed, on Sunday, (February 18, 2018) Prime Minister Haider Abadi refused to hold a meeting of the three presidencies in order to discuss the demands of the political blocs on the budget of 2018. forces in the House of Representatives to disrupt the adoption of the budget and break the quorum of meetings allocated for approval to restore the share of the Kurdistan region to 17% after being reduced to 12%, described as "political My arms ". The coalition of Iraqi forces, was accused last Wednesday (February 21, 2018), on the tongue of his deputy in parliament, Raad Dahlaki, some political blocs in parliament to block the passage of the draft bill of the budget of 2018, while warned of negative repercussions for delay on the life of a simple citizen.  A number of political blocs in the Iraqi parliament, including a coalition of state law, accused the Kurdistan Alliance within the Council of seeking to postpone the passage of the federal budget for the current year, after the holding of the next elections, scheduled for 12 May 2018, to pass their demands for the budget, Their votes for the next Prime Minister.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Presidential efforts to approve the budget