Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money

Exclusive video of "Sputnik" ... The moment of withdrawal of the Peshmerga from northern Iraq Sputnik Arabic
Published on Oct 18, 2017

A reporter from a local source on Wednesday (October 18) received a video showing a convoy of Kurdish forces from the Kurdistan region withdrawing from a disputed area with Baghdad.

• Upvote 1

Council of Kirkuk holds a meeting tomorrow to choose a new governor

Kirkuk Council holds a meeting tomorrow to choose a new governor

Twilight News    

21 minutes ago

A provincial council held a session on Thursday to name a new governor after deposing former governor Najmuddin Kareem from office, the official of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in Kirkuk province Aso Mamand said on Wednesday.

Mamand said in a press conference held today in Kirkuk, the file naming the governor has been referred to him personally, indicating that he agreed with the provincial council to hold a meeting on Thursday to name a new governor.

• Upvote 1

Parliament of the region sends a message to "Barzani" !!

18-10-2017 03:13 PM
Readers
image.php?token=e0eee5871ac1db2250ef2b22cd69f042&size=

Baghdad News -

The President of the Parliament of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Yusuf Mohammed, on Wednesday, the President of the region Massoud Barzani, to submit his resignation, stressing that the latter will provide a great service to Kurdistan in the event of his resignation. 

"We are all prisoners of a political elite working to control the country's wealth in order to expand its authority," he said in a speech to the people of the region. 

"This elite is trading the sacrifices of the people and the blood of its martyrs," he said, stressing that 'Peshmerga tournaments painted a beautiful image of resistance and sacrifice'. 

"The president of the Kurdistan region 'regretted the inability to make these sacrifices the basis of a legitimate and constitutional and civilized rule'. 

"You have to admit failure and leave our people to decide their own fate, not to be determined by you according to your wishes," Yusuf told the region's president Massoud Barzani. 

Yusuf concluded, recalling that 'Barzani ruled Kurdistan illegally for 12 years', he said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Kirkuk Council decides to hold a meeting tomorrow to choose a new governor

SECTION: POLITICALOCTOBER 18, 2017 | 3:58 PM

BAGHDAD / The leader of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in the province of Kirkuk Aso Mamand, on Wednesday, the provincial council held a meeting on Thursday to name a new governor after the dismissal of former governor Necmettin Karim from office.

Mamand said in a press conference held today in Kirkuk, "The file naming the governor has been referred to him personally," noting that "agreed with the Council of the province to hold a meeting on Thursday to name a new governor."

http://www.albaghdadiyanews.com/?p=68694

• Upvote 2

Kurdistan

Kurds continue to flee Kirkuk as violence mounts at hands of Hashd al-Shaabi

By Rudaw 7 minutes ago
-
-
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Kurdish residents continue to flee Kirkuk, fearing abuse at the hands of the Shiite Hashd al-Shaabi forces, including looting of houses, according to Kurdish officials. Large numbers have headed towards Sulaimani after Hashd forces blocked the route to Erbil.

“Everyone fled. Everyone is scared, saying that the situation is bad. In brief, they are assaulting the Kurds. That is it. Every Kurd fled on foot or by lorries,” said a Kirkuk woman who had fled.

“My husband is Asayesh. He is missing. We don’t know where he is,” she added.

A Kurdish person from inside Kirkuk told Rudaw that Shiite militants have stormed Kurdish neighborhoods such as Rahimawa, Kurdistan, Panja Ali, and some other areas, going door-to-door to inspect houses and separating women from men, thus causing violence and confrontations.

The head of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) in Kirkuk confirmed the reports, but added that some people who fled when the Iraqi forces first approached the city have now returned.

“Some Hashd al-Shaabi gangsters have stormed Kurdish houses," Aso Mamand, head of the PUK’s office in Kirkuk, told reporters from Sulaimani. ”But generally, the situation is calm and people have returned.” 

Interim Kirkuk Governor Rakan al-Jabouri as well as Iraqi army officials and the Kirkuk police chief urged people in a press conference on Wednesday to stay in their homes saying there were no threats to their lives.

Those who have fled disputed his words. 

“People wouldn’t leave their homes if the situation in Kirkuk was good. Some of my children are in Kirkuk. My thoughts are with them,” said an elderly woman who had fled Kirkuk.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said security in the city is under the control of local police supported by the Counter-Terror Service and has ordered all other armed groups to stay out of the city, in a statement Wednesday afternoon. 

The security forces are mandated to protect the security and property of all citizens, Abadi said. 

An estimated 61,200 people were displaced in the Kirkuk area since the Iraqi forces began their incursion in to Kurdish-controlled areas, the UN stated Tuesday night, noting that many were quickly returning home. 

Authorities have confirmed that the majority of displaced families from Kirkuk are already returning to their homes in Kirkuk city,” said Lise Grande, the UN’s humanitarian coordinator for Iraq. “Most of the families who are still displaced are staying with families and host communities.”

She urged all parties to protect civilians. 

When Shiite militias and the Iraqi army entered Kirkuk and Peshmerga pulled out, tens of thousands of Kurds abandoned their homes fearing violence at the hands of the Shiites. 

Kirkuk city, the capital of the diverse province, has been home to Kurds, Turkmen, Arabs, and other groups. It came under Peshmerga control in 2014 after the rise of ISIS. Shiite Hashd al-Shaabi and the Iraqi army took over the city on Monday.

Iraqi forces, including the US-trained Counter Terrorism Service and the Hashd, began an attack on Peshmerga-controlled areas south and west of Kirkuk on Sunday at midnight. Monday afternoon, Iraqi forces entered the city of Kirkuk and Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi ordered Iraqi forces to take down the Kurdistan flag in the disputed areas and hoist only the Iraqi banner.

On Tuesday, Iraqi forces continued their advances, taking control of Khanaqin in Diyala province, Shingal and Bashiqa in Nineveh.

The attack by the Iraqi forces ordered by Abadi follows weeks of punitive measures taken by Baghdad against Kurdistan in response to the September 25 independence referendum that saw 92.7 percent of people voting to leave Iraq, despite Iraqi opposition. 

http://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/181020172

• Upvote 1

SC/13036
18 OCTOBER 2017

Security Council Press Statement on Kirkuk

The following Security Council press statement was issued today by Council President François Delattre (France):

The members of the Security Council expressed concern over recent reports of violence near the city of Kirkuk, Iraq.

Council members called on all sides to refrain from the threat and use of force, and to engage in constructive dialogue as a pathway to de-escalation and a means to preserve Iraqi unity while upholding the provisions of the Iraqi Constitution.

Council members reaffirmed their respect for the sovereignty, territorial integrity, and unity of Iraq, as well as the importance of remaining focused on efforts to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/Da’esh).  Council members likewise voiced their full support for United Nations efforts to facilitate dialogue between Iraqi stakeholders.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2017/sc13036.doc.htm

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You, BlueSkyLine, for bringing this and all the other Great Articles over!!! The Best Of Your Evening To You!!! :tiphat:

I could be totally off my rocker here but I think this smacks of some kind of HCL in the works. With Kurdistan having relinquished all the disputed areas, what is left but to resolve the Article 140, HCL, and other outstanding constitutional issues? This full court press by Abadi et al has really, really made headway. Looks like more is in the works to line up with the total retaking of the remaining ISIS areas that apparently won't take long at all!  Looks like Syria is wrapping up nicely, too, so any ISIS structures will likely be summarily removed to include ISIS income generating structures in Syria and Iraq.

Yeah, I'm feelin' a little :backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip: !!!!!!!

YEAH, BABY!!!...............................................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship: 

Man, I hope you are right.  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Man, I hope you are right.  

I hope so, ChuckFinley! I am amazed at the retaking of the disputed areas from the Kurds. If not for resolving Article 140 and the HCL before all of Iraq is retaken from ISIS, then what? Why not worry about, or deal with, this later? Something seems to be going on - maybe all what we want! This all just seems different and not like the "stall like nothing else" practices from the past!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I hope so, ChuckFinley! I am amazed at the retaking of the disputed areas from the Kurds. If not for resolving Article 140 and the HCL before all of Iraq is retaken from ISIS, then what? Why not worry about, or deal with, this later? Something seems to be going on - maybe all what we want! This all just seems different and not like the "stall like nothing else" practices from the past!

Go Moola Nova!

SYN,  You are dead on PM Abadi has "BIG PLANS" for all of Iraq and we are about to witness firsthand his intentions IMHO.

GO PM ABADI 

GO RV / RI

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

SYN,  You are dead on PM Abadi has "BIG PLANS" for all of Iraq and we are about to witness firsthand his intentions IMHO.

GO PM ABADI 

GO RV / RI

His intentions are; 

oil wealth for all Iraq 

land for all Iraqis

peace and prosperity for all Iraq 

Abadi will complete his mandate, and the proof is all around. :twothumbs:

Good afternoon tiger, trusting all is well out your way brother :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

GO PM ABADI 

GO RV / RI

4 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

His intentions are; 

oil wealth for all Iraq 

land for all Iraqis

Sure looks like it is all falling into place, TigerGorZow and Wiljor! Hopefully we all meet soon! :twothumbs:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 3

Just now, tigergorzow said:

Wiljor....All is good looking forward to "Life After IQD" and meeting my new DV friends.  Party til break of dawn...😊😊.

**Same to you my friend stay safe in Mexico....👍👍😎😎

GO RV / RI

Just now, Synopsis said:

Sure looks like it is all falling into place, TigerGorZow and Wiljor! Hopefully we all meet soon! :twothumbs:

Go Moola Nova!

Would be an honor Gents to toast a glass of our finest, to victory and new adventures Adam has set up :cheesehead:

• Upvote 4

RUSSIAN COMPANIES WILL GO ON WITH THEIR PROJECTS IN IRAQ DESPITE DIFFICULTIES — MINISTER
The press service of the Iraqi army reported that the armed forces had regained control over a number of strategically important oil and gas facilities 
Iraq, October 18, 2017 

Russian companies will be able to continue their projects in Iraq, despite the conflict in that country, Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak told journalists.

'Our companies continue to work for today and we believe that they will be able to go on with the implementation of their projects,' he said.

The Iraqi army’s press service reported that the armed forces had regained control over a number of strategically important oil and gas facilities. The Peshmerga, Kurdish armed units, denied those reports claiming that they are still in control of the main oil fields in the province.

On October 9, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Iraqi Armed Forces, gave instructions to the government forces to restore security and stability in the Kirkuk province, cooperating with the Kurdish Peshmerga units and the local residents.

The Iraqi prime minister said earlier that the federal and local forces would control the disputed areas together, under the guidance of Baghdad’s authorities.

Russian oil major Lukoil is participating in the development of the West Qurna-2 oilfield in southern Iraq, 65 km northwest of the major port city of Basra. The current project’s participants are the South Oil Company of the Ministry of Oil of Iraq (on behalf of the state) and a consortium of contractors comprising Lukoil (75%) and the Iraqi North Oil Company (25%).

Also Russia’s Gazprom Neft is currently engaged in oil development in Iraq. The company planned to increase its oil production by 17% to 220,000 tonnes in Iraqi Kurdistan.

TASS

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z16066513

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wiljor said:

His intentions are; 

oil wealth for all Iraq 

land for all Iraqis

2 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

GO PM ABADI 

GO RV / RI

G

2 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Go Moola Nova!

NANO SECOND. We are a nano second away from going from Loser to Rock Star.  I have been in this 15 years. At first I told friends about this and after awhile people was sure I was brain dead. I was so flatline they thought I was part of the interestate.  When this hits people are going to be thinking about that guy who was talking about this 15 or 20 years ago. We are just ahead of our time.     

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

G

NANO SECOND. We are a nano second away from going from Loser to Rock Star.  I have been in this 15 years. At first I told friends about this and after awhile people was sure I was brain dead. I was so flatline they thought I was part of the interestate.  When this hits people are going to be thinking about that guy who was talking about this 15 or 20 years ago. We are just ahead of our time.     

I agree, ChuckFinley! No Risk - No Reward! :o

Hey, where did that guy go???!!!

:o       :o       :o

Yep! Time to go Cruisin'!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 locked this topic