Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
Butifldrm

Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money

Recommended Posts

Deputy: delay the salaries of federal departments in Kurdistan "constitutional breach"

 

 Since 2017-12-14 at 09:40 (Baghdad time)

4.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News

MP on the Movement for Change Hoshyar Abdullah, on Thursday, the federal government to pay the salaries of employees of the four federal departments in the Kurdistan region, which has been stalled for five months, considering the silence of the government on the delay of salaries as "constitutional breach."

"The employees of the federal departments in the Kurdistan region (nationality, residence, passports and housing card) have not received their salaries for five months, under the pretext of interventions by the provincial government in the work of those departments and attempts to impose control over them," Abdullah said in a statement.

He added that "the silence of the federal government on those interventions is in itself a constitutional breach, these departments in accordance with the Constitution are the departments of the Federal Ministry of the Interior of Iraq, and therefore does not allow the provincial government to interfere in its work in any form," and asked his question, "What is the guilt of these employees The four constituencies if the regional government interferes in the work of their constituencies without the exercise of the powers of the Federal Ministry of Interior and put an end to these interventions? Is it fair to punish them with a crime committed by others? Like their peers in central and southern Iraq? "

He added that "the indifference of the federal government and the Ministry of Interior these departments have reached the point of not recognizing the procedures also, for example, we find that the federal government does not recognize the stays granted by the Department of residence in the Territory, despite being an official subsidiary of the Federal Ministry of the Interior, , Strongly and Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and Interior Minister Qassim al-Araji, "their silence on the non-payment of salaries of federal employees in the region for five consecutive months, and we hope to lift them and their salaries are released as soon as possible."

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14-12-2017 01:44 PM
image.php?token=a61215f19d1822fd1c3971e91826101b&size=
 


 

 

A member of the Committee on Security and Defense Deputies Hoshyar Abdullah, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior to pay the salaries of employees of the four federal departments in the Kurdistan region, which has been stalled for five months, criticizing the silence of the Minister of the Interior not to pay their salaries despite being affiliated to his ministry . 

MP Hoshyar Abdullah said in a statement that 'the employees of the federal departments in the Kurdistan region (nationality, residence, passports and housing card) have not received their salaries for five months, under the pretext of interventions by the provincial government in the work of those departments and attempts to impose control over them, On these interventions is in itself a constitutional breach, these departments in accordance with the Constitution are federal departments of the Ministry of the Interior of Iraq, and therefore does not allow the provincial government to interfere in its work in any form .

"What is the fault of the employees of these four departments if the provincial government interfere in the work of their constituencies without the exercise of the Federal Ministry of Interior powers and put an end to these interventions? Is it fair to punish them with a crime committed by others? Does the Minister of the Interior accept the official exposure of these officials to his ministry of injustice? Do not they have the right to receive their salaries on a regular basis, like their counterparts in central and southern Iraq? '.

He added member of the Committee on Security and Defense parliamentary that 'the indifference of the Federal Government and the Ministry of Interior these departments reached the point of not recognizing the procedures also, for example, we find that the federal government does not recognize the stays granted by the Department of residence in the Territory, despite being an official subsidiary of the Federal Ministry of Interior, Completely violate the Constitution '.

 

MP Hoshyar Abdullah 'Nathb and strongly the Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior for their silence about not paying salaries of federal employees in the region for five consecutive months, and we hope to lift the injustice and the release of their arrears as soon as possible '.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presidency's calls for an immediate dialogue between Baghdad and Arbil under its auspices and the United Nations

The Presidency calls for an immediate dialogue between Baghdad and Arbil under its auspices and the United Nations

 

 

Twilight News   

 2 hours ago

 

The President of the Republic Fouad Masoum met with his deputies Nuri al-Maliki and Iyad Allawi and discussed the meeting of political and security developments in the country as well as the file of the upcoming elections and the budget next year and the situation in Kirkuk and Tuz Khrmatu.

According to a statement to the Presidency of the Republic, the meeting stressed that the need to make every effort to resolve all current problems between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

The meeting also discussed the issue of displaced people and means of providing services to them and work to bring them back to their liberated areas as well as plans for the reconstruction of those areas.

The meeting issued the following decisions:

1. The call for the immediate start of a dialogue between the Federal Government and the Kurdistan Regional Government to be sponsored by the Presidency of the Republic and the technical support of the United Nations aims to bring about normal relations between the two sides on the basis of the Constitution and the decisions of the Federal Court.

2. The call for a meeting of the three presidencies and leaders and representatives of the political blocs and the judiciary as soon as possible to discuss the issuance of electoral laws and conduct elections for the Council of Representatives and provincial council elections in the constitutional date.

3. To call on all components of Kirkuk to the urgent meeting to discuss ways of normalizing the conditions of the province in a way that guarantees the rights of all citizens and the supreme national interest.

 

Keywords:

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2017/12/14 (00:01 PM)   -   Number of readings: 432   -   Number (4087)
 
 
The dispute over Kalima prevents the resumption of dialogue with the Kurdistan region



 Baghdad / Mohammed Sabah 
 

Kurdish and other government circles recognize the failure of negotiations between the Kurdistan region and the federal government. The parties agree that the conditions of the Prime Minister behind the failure to resolve the crisis, which escalated following the conduct of the referendum referendum report the right of self in September. Abadi demands the territorial government to officially declare its commitment to the decision of the Federal Court and not only to declare respect.

The Kurdish parties accuse the Prime Minister of closing the door of dialogue through his repeated apologies for receiving Kurdish delegations. These parties did not rule out Abadi's attempt to exploit the crisis with the region in his election campaign. 
"The resumption of negotiations between the federal government and the Kurdistan region is dependent on Prime Minister Haider Abadi," says a source in the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), revealing "several attempts by the provincial government to visit Baghdad, but was postponed by the prime minister." 
The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, that "Kurdistan is still trying to resume direct negotiations with the federal government by sending a Kurdish delegation representing all the Kurdish parties," pointing out that "the postponement of negotiations by Abadi is due to differences on the management of disputed areas And border crossings. "
On May 3, Al-Madaa revealed the existence of undeclared contacts that brought together officials from the federal government and officials in the provincial government in order to start a dialogue and get out of the repercussions of the referendum in the Kurdistan region. 
The source familiar with the mobility of the American, French and British circles to contain the crisis between the parties, stressing that "Western initiatives have not reached the goal now to achieve differences between the parties." 
The source pointed out that "the failure to solve the problem of the perpetrators of Vishkabour and Ibrahim Khalil helped to increase differences between the federal government and the Kurdistan region," noting that "the presence of political parties trying to influence the rapprochement between the two sides."
For his part, a deputy close to the Prime Minister on the conditions of the government to resume dialogue with the Kurdistan region, explaining that "Abadi demands the Kurds' commitment to the decisions of the Federal Court and insists on the declaration of the Kurdistan region an open position on the referendum." 
The Supreme Federal Court has issued, early last November, the ruling unconstitutionality of the referendum in Kurdistan. 
"The court ruled that the referendum on September 25, 2017 is unconstitutional in Kurdistan and the rest of the region outside it and the cancellation of the effects and consequences of it all."
"Al-Abadi called on the government of the region to replace and change the word we respect, which is contained in its statement by a word we commit," MP Ali al-Aalak said in a telephone conversation with Al-Mada. "We respect the content of political content. Gives the impression that the Territory has a second opinion. " On November 14, 2017, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) responded to the decision of the Federal Supreme Court regarding the absence of a provision in the Constitution authorizing the secession of any component in Iraq that it respects the interpretation of Article 1 of the Constitution by the Federal Supreme Court. The MP, who is close to Abadi, said that "the failure of the government of the region to cancel the referendum indicates the existence of preparation for separation", stressing that "the government continues to exercise its constitutional right to control the border crossings and airports that have become disabled."
He points out that the movement to control the port of Vishakhabur by the federal government is currently suspended to prevent bloodshed on both sides, and the government has opened the way for dialogue and understanding to solve problems in an amicable manner. He stressed that "not to enter the government in any dialogue with Erbil unless the Kurdistan Regional Government to cancel the referendum." 
In the same context, says MP Zana Said, a member of the Kurdistan Islamic Group, "The Prime Minister always comes out on new conditions wanted by the Kurdistan region to apply." "The prime minister has no real desire to engage in dialogue with Kurdistan," he said.
Zana Said, in a statement to (the extent), that "Abbadi is looking, during his visit to Paris, with the French President to find the output of the current crisis between the two teams." The Kurdish MP adds that "the contacts apparently between Baghdad and Erbil stalled because of the disagreement on several points prevented the continuation of negotiations between the two sides." Pointing out that "the Kurdistan government calls for dialogue with the federal government, but Abadi postpone negotiations." 
MP Zana Said said that "the Prime Minister apologized for more than once about meeting Kurdish blocs to discuss the repercussions of current differences and problems of the federal budget," and did not rule out that "Abadi refrain from resuming dialogue with Kurdistan is an attempt to delay the solution until the election.
"One of the other problems that hinder the negotiations between the parties is to ask Baghdad to supervise the file of border crossings and airports and export the region's oil through Sumo before entering into any negotiations with the Kurdistan Regional Government." 
"The government of Haider Abadi asks the Kurdistan region to replace the word we respect, which is contained in its statement, a word we are committed to the decisions of the federal government." 
Said said "stop pumping Kirkuk oil to the Turkish port of Ceyhan and is currently exported by truck to Iran, but the Kurdistan region is still continuing to export about 250 thousand barrels per day from the wells under his control to the Turkish port of Ceyhan."
"The Kurdistan deputy" the failure of negotiations between the government of Haider Abadi and the Turkish side in the control of oil in the Kurdistan region. " He talked about the beginning of a change in the Turkish position of the crisis between Baghdad and the Kurdistan region, referring to the Turkish authorities allowed the head of the territorial government to travel through its territory to France recently.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US: We expect Iraq to abide by the Constitution and urge Arbil and Baghdad to dialogue

The spokesman pointed out that the ministry has good communication with the parties ...

 
 

 14/12/2017 - 14:36

 
 
US: We expect Iraq to abide by the Constitution and urge Arbil and Baghdad to dialogue
 

The US State Department called on the Iraqi government to abide by the constitution, renewing its support for a direct and fruitful dialogue between Baghdad and Erbil.

"We urge the two parties to dialogue under the constitution that the Iraqi people voted for and to become the country's constitution," State Department spokesman Heather Nauret said, pointing out that her country hopes and expects a country that has adopted a new constitution to abide by it. Noting that Washington has had good contacts and dialogues with both Erbil and Baghdad, and has good relations with the parties.

The US State Department spokeswoman reiterated that her country supports direct and serious dialogue between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the federal government in Baghdad. "A senior Iraqi official visited the US State Department last week and met with the deputy minister. These meetings will continue and we will continue to urge both Erbil and Baghdad to sit together and hold fruitful and useful talks.

A spokeswoman for the US State Department said there had been military-level talks between Erbil and Baghdad and hoped there would be similar talks at the government level as well.

Heather Nawert has confirmed in statements last week, that Washington is constantly urging the governments of Baghdad and the Kurdistan Region to resolve their differences dialogue and peaceful ways.

Baghdad imposed collective sanctions on Kurdistan and used military force and captured many areas that were under the control of the Peshmerga, especially the city of Kirkuk and imposed a ban on air to and from the airports of Arbil and Sulaymaniyah.

These movements and measures came after the Kurdistan region organized a referendum on independence on 25 September last supported by 92.73% of the participants independence from Iraq.

 The leaders of the Kurds constantly reaffirm the desire of the Kurdistan Region to start comprehensive negotiations with the Iraqi government on all outstanding issues between the two sides, as well as their desire to involve international bodies as a third party, but any real negotiations have not yet been conducted between the parties.

The United States also says it will not mediate between Baghdad and Erbil to resolve their differences unless it receives a formal request.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deputy close to Abadi: A dispute over the word impedes the start of negotiations between Baghdad and Erbil

Deputy close to Abadi: A dispute over the word impedes the start of negotiations between Baghdad and Erbil

 

 Baghdad / NRT

The deputy of the coalition of state law, Ali Alaak, on Thursday, that Prime Minister Haider Abadi, "demanded the territorial government to replace and change the word we respect, (which contained in its statement on the unconstitutionality of the referendum of Kurdistan), a word we commit," noting that " The first accepts the decision of the Federal Court, and the second gives the impression that the Territory has a second opinion. "

The newspaper "Al-Mada", on the links, today (14 December 2017), to say, "Abadi demands the commitment of the Kurds decisions of the Federal Court and insists on the declaration of the Kurdistan region an open position on the referendum."

The Supreme Federal Court issued last November, ruled unconstitutional referendum of Kurdistan.

The court said that "it ruled unconstitutional referendum on September 25, 2017 in Kurdistan and the rest of the regions outside and the abolition of the effects and consequences of all of them," while the Kurdistan Regional Government, on November 14, 2017, "that respects the interpretation of the Federal Supreme Court of Article I of the Constitution "He said.

"The government's failure to announce the cancellation of the referendum indicates that there is preparation for separation," said al-Aalak, a deputy close to the prime minister. "The government is continuing to exercise its constitutional right to control border crossings and airports that have become disabled."

He added that "the move to control the port Vishakhabur by the federal government is currently suspended to prevent bloodshed from both sides, and the government has opened the way for dialogue and understanding to solve problems in an amicable manner." But he said that the central government will not start a

dialogue with Erbil, "unless the Kurdistan Regional Government to cancel the referendum."

 

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/Detail.aspx?Jimare=66266

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resolving Erbil-Baghdad Crisis “Big Priority for US”: National Security Advisor

 

          

Basnews English

15/12/2017 - 00:24

Kurdistan

ERBIL — National Security Adviser to the US President, H. R. McMaster, said on Wednesday that finding a solution to the disputes between Erbil and Baghdad is “a big priority” for Donald Trump’s administration.

Speaking at an annual conference of the Jamestown Foundation, McMaster explained that Washington has been assisting Kurds since 1991 with Operation Provide Comfort (OPC), hoping to protect them from atrocities carried out against them.

“What happened?” McMaster asked. “You saw the Kurdish Region flourish.”

He valued the developments in Kurdistan Region and said, “It’s a miracle, almost, what happened in Northern Iraq in terms of beautiful cities in Sulaimani, Erbil, and Dohuk.”

“We think an important aspect of Iraq being strong is resolving this conflict and tension between the Kurdish Region and the rest of Iraq,” he said, as reported by Kurdistan24. “So we’re committed to that.”

“We are committed to the territorial integrity of Iraq and also the territorial integrity of the Kurdish Region… We are committed to work together with the Kurdish leadership [and] the Iraqi leadership to mediate the best we can.”

 

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/400052

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falah Mustafa: Kurdistan Region alone is responsible for the care of hundreds of thousands of displaced and refugees

Despite the difficult financial crisis it faces ...

 
 

 15/12/2017 - 01:32

 
 
 
Falah Mustafa: Kurdistan Region alone is responsible for the care of hundreds of thousands of displaced and refugees
 

The official of the Department of Foreign Relations in the Kurdistan Regional Government, that the displaced residents on the territory of the region do not receive any assistance from the Iraqi government or European countries, noting that the province of Kurdistan alone is responsible for their care.

Falah Mustafa, said that "the Kurdistan Regional Government has embraced over the past years thousands of displaced, but the continued sponsorship requires the assistance of Baghdad and the international community."

"Any party, whether the Iraqi government or the international community, has not done what it takes to assume the responsibility of providing assistance to the displaced as required so far," Mustafa told the Newsweek magazine.

Falah Mustafa Bakr

The Kurdistan region embraces more than one million and 800 thousand displaced Iraqis and Syrian refugees for nearly four years in spite of the financial crisis faced by the budget deficit and cut by Baghdad cut the region's share of the budget since the beginning of 2014 and low oil prices globally and the war on terrorism.

The Kurdistan Regional Government says it spends about $ 1.4 billion a year on the IDP file and is facing enormous pressure.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between "commitment" and "respect" of negotiations between Arbil and Baghdad is still stalled ... and the region seeks to block the passage of the budget of 2018

«State of law» criticizes the payment of payments to the company provided electricity to Kurdistan from Basra oil

Bright Resan Dec 15, 2017 

 14qpt954.2.jpg

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Thursday that "the government of the region has asked for a change and a change in the word we respect," which is contained in its statement on the unconstitutionality of the Kurdistan referendum. , Pointing out that «a word we respect the carrying of content from the political point of view, the first accept the decision of the Federal Court, and the second gives the impression that the territory a second opinion».

"Al-Abadi calls for the Kurds to abide by the decisions of the Federal Court and insists on declaring the Kurdistan region an open position on the referendum."

The Supreme Federal Court issued earlier this November, ruled unconstitutional referendum of Kurdistan, and the government of the latter «respect» for this decision.

According to Alak, a deputy close to the Prime Minister, «the failure of the government of the Territory to cancel the referendum indicates the existence of preparation for separation», stressing that «the government continues to exercise its constitutional right to control the border crossings and airports that have become disabled».

He added that «the move to control the port of Vishakhabur by the federal government is currently suspended to prevent bloodshed from both sides, and the government has opened the way for dialogue and understanding to solve problems in an amicable». But he said that the central government will not start a dialogue with Erbil «unless the Kurdistan Regional Government to cancel the referendum». In the meantime, the Kurdistan region of Iraq continues its efforts to not pass the draft federal budget law for 2018, according to the formula proposed, including reducing the share of the region from 17% to 12.67%, and push towards forming a Kurdish parliamentary delegation of three committees, to visit the federal parliament in Baghdad and discuss «Budget file».

The Kurdish parliamentary delegation is to include the committees of natural wealth, industry and energy, the Finance and Investment Committee and the Legal Affairs Committee of the Kurdistan Regional Parliament, according to a statement by the Kurdistan Regional Government. The

Kurdistan Region's Prime Minister Nechervan Barzani and Deputy Prime Minister Kibad Talabani and their accompanying government delegation met in the parliament of Kurdistan with Deputy Speaker Jaafar Iminki and Secretary of Parliament Bickard Talabani, in the presence of the Committee on Natural Resources, Industry and Energy and the Committee on Finance and Investment and the Committee on Legal Affairs in the Parliament of Kurdistan, which includes representatives of the parliamentary blocs.

The meeting, according to the statement «discuss the options available to the government and how to deal with the financial situation for the year 2018, depending on the federal government or the revenues of the Kurdistan region», as well as «the proportion of the Kurdistan Region of the draft law of the general budget of Iraq and the federal revenue and oil production in The reform of the mechanism for the launch of the Kurdistan Fund for Oil Imports and the organization of efforts to defend the constitutional rights of the region of Cordes Tan ».

According to the statement, «it was decided at the meeting that the three parliamentary committees to visit their counterparts in the federal parliament, to try to prevent the passage of the draft budget law for the year 2018, which was reduced the share of the Kurdistan region, and decided to form a joint high committee between parliament and the Kurdistan Regional Government to exchange Information, diagnosis of deficiencies and finding appropriate solutions to problems.

 

One file on the agenda

 

Although the date of the visit is not specified, the delegation will allocate the visit to discuss one file, the budget, without going into the rest of the outstanding issues between the federal government and its counterpart in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.

The MP for the Kurdistan Change bloc, Amin Bakr «Arab Jerusalem», that «discussions will be with the delegation of the Finance and Legal in the Federal House of Representatives, being that these committees are concerned with the budget order», revealing at the same time that «the delegation will include specialists technicians and presidents Blocks and representatives of the Kurdish political blocs ».

He added: «is scheduled to meet the Kurdish delegation to the political blocs in Baghdad also (...) will talk about the budget and the share of the region, so that a result can be reached», adding that «the expansion of discussions on the points of contention between Baghdad and Erbil, and the opening of all outstanding issues between the government Federal and KRG, may not lead us to solutions or agreement. The delegation should focus on one file. "

According to the Kurdish deputy, a member of the legal committee in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, «the Kurdish blocs major unified position on the draft federal budget law, and identified the points of opposition and sent to the federal government to take a position on them, but we have not seen any serious action from them, Any position of rejection or acceptance ».

He continued: «Amendments to the budget related to the federal government and not the parliamentary blocs in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, because any amendment can be challenged by the government in the Federal Court, as happened in previous years».

Bakr expressed his fear of the conduct of the federal government on the «same approach», which went to what he described as «the Baath government», the «marginalization and the imposition of the siege on the people of Kurdistan», explaining that «the conduct of the federal government today is very similar to the government behavior in that period» .

He added that «what is being talked about is completely different from the practical application on the ground, we see there is a siege on the people of Kurdistan, both in terms of borders and border crossings or the allocation of financial resources for the region», pointing out that «allocations of the region in the federal budget does not meet half of its needs and salaries of its staff» .

 

20 billion dollars the size of the region's debt

 

Meanwhile, the spokesman for the Movement for Change Shursh Haji, the size of the debts of Kurdistan, while pointed out that the wealth of some officials of the region exceeded the possibilities of countries.

He said in a statement on Thursday that "the lack of interest of the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan against all the crises faced by citizens of the Kurdistan region during the past 26 years, is a disregard for the people of Kurdistan," noting that "the unemployment rate and poor living conditions and lack of services led to loss Hope for the people of Kurdistan ». He added: «According to officials of the Democratic and Patriotic Party of Kurdistan, the size of the debt of the region amounted to 20 billion dollars», adding that «the wealth and resources of a number of officials of the region far exceeded the possibilities and resources of countries».

He added that «the referendum carried out by the two parties turned into a major disaster against our people and his liberation movement», explaining that «the movement of change is trying to address the problems through dialogue and put forward a reform program and the citizens of Kurdistan bear the injustices and oppression of the rulers of the region for a better future».

He stressed that «the authorities of the region took advantage of the movement of change and loyalty to the citizen of Kurdistan and focused on how to stay in power only and the looting of wealth», pointing to the passage of «about two months to the events of 16 October, while the Democratic parties and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan are not willing to recognize the failure of their authority .

He pointed out that «the right of the citizens of Kurdistan to move in all ways to end their suffering», explaining that «the duty of the Movement for Change to support citizens who tried all methods with the Authority, which is not ready to solve the problems». Members of the Movement for Change leadership announced that the movement would meet next Saturday to make a final decision on returning to the political opposition.

 

Charges of the Iraqi Oil Ministry

 

In Baghdad, accused of a coalition of state law, high Nassif, the Ministry of Oil to pay debts owed by the Kurdistan Regional Government in favor of an electricity company by giving them oil from Basra refineries. "There are official communications between the Ministry of Oil and top officials on the possibility of repaying debts owed by the KRG of 200 million dollars in favor of the Holding Company, which was contracted by the Government of the Territory to provide electricity, has been agreed to pay this debt from refineries oil Basra, "asserting that« whoever tries to deny the subject we have copies of all the official books and communications that got in this regard ».

She added: «What is the fault of Basra to pay the dues of the diamond company that provided electricity to the Kurdistan region? Why did not pay the debts of the oil revenues of the region, which is seized by Massoud Barzani and his children? And what the government of the territory of Iraq to deserve to pay for their debts? She said.

The MP said a coalition of state law, led by Nuri al-Maliki, that «these trends are contrary to the will of the Iraqi people, the Ministry of Oil is not entitled to make such a proposal, and no government authority to agree to, and instead we must ask the government of the Territory to disclose The fate of oil revenues of the region looted by the corrupt », according to the statement.

 
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Date of release: 2017/12/14 23:45 • 145 times read
Mr. Ammar al-Hakim confirms adherence to the constitution in letter and spirit to end the crisis in Baghdad and Erbil
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) President of the National Alliance, Mr. Ammar al-Hakim, stressed the importance of commitment to the importance of adhering to the constitution in letter and spirit as expressed by the religious authority.
"Mr. Ammar al-Hakim met at his office in Baghdad on Thursday evening with the head of the movement of the new generation Shashwar Abdul Wahid, where the meeting discussed the prospects of dialogue between Baghdad and Erbil to end the current crisis," the statement said. "He said. 
Mr. Ammar al-Hakim stressed "the need to abide by the constitution in letter and spirit as expressed by the religious authority as well as abide by the laws and decisions of the Federal Court." 
He referred to "the importance of peaceful coexistence between the components of the Iraqi people, especially in some common areas," calling on everyone to "take responsibility for encircling crises and defending the victories achieved because it came by the sacrifices of the Iraqi people in all its components."
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, yota691 said:

mylilpony you nailed that response, I was wondering if I was the only one that see it that way, as you stated. Thanks for the response...and GM

 

you are welcome yota691, and thank you for all you do. ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AH YES ! The " ongoing crisis " . . . " Like Sand thru the Hour Glass, so are the Days of Our Lives " cue the tear jerker music . . . and enter the players with the Monumental Egos, Greed, Throwing Shoes & Brinkmanship. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putin comments on Kurdistan referendum: Iraq's territorial integrity must be respected

 

 Since 2017-12-14 at 18:37 (Baghdad time)

2_1.jpg

Mawazine News - Follow up

Russian President Vladimir Putin stressed that everything related to the issue of the Iraqi Kurdistan referendum on independence must be carried out within the framework of the Constitution and with respect for the territorial integrity of Iraq.

"This must come without any escalation and within the framework of existing laws, while respecting Iraq's territorial integrity," Putin said at his annual press conference. "The leadership of the Kurdistan region acted in this way."

"In general, we have good relations based on historical confidence with Kurdistan and the Kurds, and I understand the complexity of this issue in the region and the plurality of the dimensions of this issue, but taking into account all the sensitive issues, we proceed from the fact that there is no impediment to developing our relations with the Kurdish people, "He said.

He pointed out that "our companies, especially the company," Rosneft ", working in Iraq and the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and we believe that this cooperation will benefit either on Iraq in general and the Kurdistan region of Iraq in particular, or the Russian economy.

The president of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani left office on Wednesday (November 1, 2017), leaving his nephew, Nigervan Barzani, "to reconcile with the central government in Baghdad and with neighboring countries and with rival Kurdish parties after the failure of a referendum on independence."

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deputy for the Patriotic Kurdistan: Baghdad will not negotiate with the province until the end of the elections

Bertha News Agency139 2017-12-14
57d3ce249b1fd.jpg
 
 

MP in the Parliament of the Kurdistan Region of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Khalaf Ahmed, on Thursday, that the federal government will not negotiate with the Kurdistan region formally and seriously until the end of the next elections.

"The current crisis between Baghdad and Erbil is very complex, and I do not expect to solve it so easily," Ahmed said in a press statement.

"The serious dialogue between Baghdad and Erbil needs a long time, and I do not expect it to happen so quickly," he said.

It is noteworthy that the Council of Ministers has ratified that the date of the next elections on 12 May next year. 

While the Kurdish parties continue to make statements about sending a delegation to Baghdad to negotiate, but the capital has pledged to negotiate the declaration of the province to cancel the referendum and its results in public and official.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stalling tactics. Delay, postponed, " down the road ", put off, ain't gonna right now: and the people suffer because of it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Stalling tactics. Delay, postponed, " down the road ", put off, ain't gonna right now: and the people suffer because of it.

 

don't believe just one guy, he doesn't know diddly :nooo:

 

morning 10Y! :jester:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someday all of us DV'ers will get together, and we will all be bald from ripping our hair out waiting for these morons to agree on anything!  Arghhhhh!  :pirateship:

A boatload of baldies!  :lol:

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boosterbglee said:

Someday all of us DV'ers will get together, and we will all be bald from ripping our hair out waiting for these morons to agree on anything!  Arghhhhh!  :pirateship:

A boatload of baldies!  :lol:

 

morning @boosterbglee

tenor.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, yota691 said:

Between "commitment" and "respect" of negotiations between Arbil and Baghdad is still stalled ... and the region seeks to block the passage of the budget of 2018

«State of law» criticizes the payment of payments to the company provided electricity to Kurdistan from Basra oil

Bright Resan Dec 15, 2017 

 14qpt954.2.jpg

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Thursday that "the government of the region has asked for a change and a change in the word we respect," which is contained in its statement on the unconstitutionality of the Kurdistan referendum. , Pointing out that «a word we respect the carrying of content from the political point of view, the first accept the decision of the Federal Court, and the second gives the impression that the territory a second opinion».

"Al-Abadi calls for the Kurds to abide by the decisions of the Federal Court and insists on declaring the Kurdistan region an open position on the referendum."

The Supreme Federal Court issued earlier this November, ruled unconstitutional referendum of Kurdistan, and the government of the latter «respect» for this decision.

According to Alak, a deputy close to the Prime Minister, «the failure of the government of the Territory to cancel the referendum indicates the existence of preparation for separation», stressing that «the government continues to exercise its constitutional right to control the border crossings and airports that have become disabled».

He added that «the move to control the port of Vishakhabur by the federal government is currently suspended to prevent bloodshed from both sides, and the government has opened the way for dialogue and understanding to solve problems in an amicable». But he said that the central government will not start a dialogue with Erbil «unless the Kurdistan Regional Government to cancel the referendum». In the meantime, the Kurdistan region of Iraq continues its efforts to not pass the draft federal budget law for 2018, according to the formula proposed, including reducing the share of the region from 17% to 12.67%, and push towards forming a Kurdish parliamentary delegation of three committees, to visit the federal parliament in Baghdad and discuss «Budget file».

The Kurdish parliamentary delegation is to include the committees of natural wealth, industry and energy, the Finance and Investment Committee and the Legal Affairs Committee of the Kurdistan Regional Parliament, according to a statement by the Kurdistan Regional Government. The

Kurdistan Region's Prime Minister Nechervan Barzani and Deputy Prime Minister Kibad Talabani and their accompanying government delegation met in the parliament of Kurdistan with Deputy Speaker Jaafar Iminki and Secretary of Parliament Bickard Talabani, in the presence of the Committee on Natural Resources, Industry and Energy and the Committee on Finance and Investment and the Committee on Legal Affairs in the Parliament of Kurdistan, which includes representatives of the parliamentary blocs.

The meeting, according to the statement «discuss the options available to the government and how to deal with the financial situation for the year 2018, depending on the federal government or the revenues of the Kurdistan region», as well as «the proportion of the Kurdistan Region of the draft law of the general budget of Iraq and the federal revenue and oil production in The reform of the mechanism for the launch of the Kurdistan Fund for Oil Imports and the organization of efforts to defend the constitutional rights of the region of Cordes Tan ».

According to the statement, «it was decided at the meeting that the three parliamentary committees to visit their counterparts in the federal parliament, to try to prevent the passage of the draft budget law for the year 2018, which was reduced the share of the Kurdistan region, and decided to form a joint high committee between parliament and the Kurdistan Regional Government to exchange Information, diagnosis of deficiencies and finding appropriate solutions to problems.

 

One file on the agenda

 

Although the date of the visit is not specified, the delegation will allocate the visit to discuss one file, the budget, without going into the rest of the outstanding issues between the federal government and its counterpart in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.

The MP for the Kurdistan Change bloc, Amin Bakr «Arab Jerusalem», that «discussions will be with the delegation of the Finance and Legal in the Federal House of Representatives, being that these committees are concerned with the budget order», revealing at the same time that «the delegation will include specialists technicians and presidents Blocks and representatives of the Kurdish political blocs ».

He added: «is scheduled to meet the Kurdish delegation to the political blocs in Baghdad also (...) will talk about the budget and the share of the region, so that a result can be reached», adding that «the expansion of discussions on the points of contention between Baghdad and Erbil, and the opening of all outstanding issues between the government Federal and KRG, may not lead us to solutions or agreement. The delegation should focus on one file. "

According to the Kurdish deputy, a member of the legal committee in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, «the Kurdish blocs major unified position on the draft federal budget law, and identified the points of opposition and sent to the federal government to take a position on them, but we have not seen any serious action from them, Any position of rejection or acceptance ».

He continued: «Amendments to the budget related to the federal government and not the parliamentary blocs in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, because any amendment can be challenged by the government in the Federal Court, as happened in previous years».

Bakr expressed his fear of the conduct of the federal government on the «same approach», which went to what he described as «the Baath government», the «marginalization and the imposition of the siege on the people of Kurdistan», explaining that «the conduct of the federal government today is very similar to the government behavior in that period» .

He added that «what is being talked about is completely different from the practical application on the ground, we see there is a siege on the people of Kurdistan, both in terms of borders and border crossings or the allocation of financial resources for the region», pointing out that «allocations of the region in the federal budget does not meet half of its needs and salaries of its staff» .

 

20 billion dollars the size of the region's debt

 

Meanwhile, the spokesman for the Movement for Change Shursh Haji, the size of the debts of Kurdistan, while pointed out that the wealth of some officials of the region exceeded the possibilities of countries.

He said in a statement on Thursday that "the lack of interest of the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan against all the crises faced by citizens of the Kurdistan region during the past 26 years, is a disregard for the people of Kurdistan," noting that "the unemployment rate and poor living conditions and lack of services led to loss Hope for the people of Kurdistan ». He added: «According to officials of the Democratic and Patriotic Party of Kurdistan, the size of the debt of the region amounted to 20 billion dollars», adding that «the wealth and resources of a number of officials of the region far exceeded the possibilities and resources of countries».

He added that «the referendum carried out by the two parties turned into a major disaster against our people and his liberation movement», explaining that «the movement of change is trying to address the problems through dialogue and put forward a reform program and the citizens of Kurdistan bear the injustices and oppression of the rulers of the region for a better future».

He stressed that «the authorities of the region took advantage of the movement of change and loyalty to the citizen of Kurdistan and focused on how to stay in power only and the looting of wealth», pointing to the passage of «about two months to the events of 16 October, while the Democratic parties and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan are not willing to recognize the failure of their authority .

He pointed out that «the right of the citizens of Kurdistan to move in all ways to end their suffering», explaining that «the duty of the Movement for Change to support system" rel="">support citizens who tried all methods with the Authority, which is not ready to solve the problems». Members of the Movement for Change leadership announced that the movement would meet next Saturday to make a final decision on returning to the political opposition.

 

Charges of the Iraqi Oil Ministry

 

In Baghdad, accused of a coalition of state law, high Nassif, the Ministry of Oil to pay debts owed by the Kurdistan Regional Government in favor of an electricity company by giving them oil from Basra refineries. "There are official communications between the Ministry of Oil and top officials on the possibility of repaying debts owed by the KRG of 200 million dollars in favor of the Holding Company, which was contracted by the Government of the Territory to provide electricity, has been agreed to pay this debt from refineries oil Basra, "asserting that« whoever tries to deny the subject we have copies of all the official books and communications that got in this regard ».

She added: «What is the fault of Basra to pay the dues of the diamond company that provided electricity to the Kurdistan region? Why did not pay the debts of the oil revenues of the region, which is seized by Massoud Barzani and his children? And what the government of the territory of Iraq to deserve to pay for their debts? She said.

The MP said a coalition of state law, led by Nuri al-Maliki, that «these trends are contrary to the will of the Iraqi people, the Ministry of Oil is not entitled to make such a proposal, and no government authority to agree to, and instead we must ask the government of the Territory to disclose The fate of oil revenues of the region looted by the corrupt », according to the statement.

 

 

15 hours ago, yota691 said:
Date of release: 2017/12/14 23:45 • 145 times read
Mr. Ammar al-Hakim confirms adherence to the constitution in letter and spirit to end the crisis in Baghdad and Erbil
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) President of the National Alliance, Mr. Ammar al-Hakim, stressed the importance of commitment to the importance of adhering to the constitution in letter and spirit as expressed by the religious authority.
"Mr. Ammar al-Hakim met at his office in Baghdad on Thursday evening with the head of the movement of the new generation Shashwar Abdul Wahid, where the meeting discussed the prospects of dialogue between Baghdad and Erbil to end the current crisis," the statement said. "He said. 
Mr. Ammar al-Hakim stressed "the need to abide by the constitution in letter and spirit as expressed by the religious authority as well as abide by the laws and decisions of the Federal Court." 
He referred to "the importance of peaceful coexistence between the components of the Iraqi people, especially in some common areas," calling on everyone to "take responsibility for encircling crises and defending the victories achieved because it came by the sacrifices of the Iraqi people in all its components."

 

Hope this develops to get Article 140 done. If it is the only thing holding it up and not a waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deputy: Baghdad is not serious to pay the salaries of the staff of the region and stresses: not to send the share of farmers

 Since 2017-12-16 at 11:55 (Baghdad time)
1213234.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

The deputy of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Najeeb Najib, on Saturday, accused the Baghdad government of not paying serious salaries to employees of the Kurdistan region, pointing out that the federal government did not send the share of peasants in the region from the imports of previous years.

"We feel that there is a directive from the senior leaders in the government not to deal or facilitate the task of the Kurdish deputies in Baghdad in ministries and state institutions," said Najib in a statement received by "Mawazin News", a copy of it, "noting that" most ministers, agents, directors and heads of bodies do not answer Our contacts to inquire about a specific issue or to protest against decisions and laws. "

She added that "this matter began after the referendum and the decisions taken by the Iraqi government against citizens in the Kurdistan region," noting that "these decisions were affected by the Kurdish citizen at the basic level in light of the miserable living conditions experienced by the Kurdish people."

Najib said that during her flight from Arbil to Baghdad, she was met by a Kurdish family with injured people who travel to India. They do not speak Arabic and have a difficult condition. They will spend hours waiting to travel from Baghdad airport. In addition to the financial burdens, And did not affect the prime minister or his deputy or ministers and officials. "

She pointed out that "the Baghdad government does not have the seriousness to pay the salaries of employees and this reflects the previous promises made by Prime Minister Haider Abadi, as the procedures did not stop at the cutting of salaries and the closure of airports, but went to the strength of the farmer where the share of peasants in the region has not been imported Previous years "

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.php?token=eba8d5b1cb779182ded3f2c5fb746dc4&size=

 
 
Number of readings: 573 16-12-2017 01:12 PM

 
 

16-12-2017 01:12 PM 

 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Solving problems between Baghdad and Erbil is a top priority for US President Donald Trump, US national security adviser General Herbert McMaster said on Monday.

McMaster added that what Washington wants is Iraq's success, and that it is strong, pointing to the importance of resolving the conflict and tension between the Kurdish region.

The United States is committed to the territorial integrity of Iraq and to the territorial integrity of the Kurdish region.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday 16 December 2017 02:31 PM| Number of readings: 163

Bankruptcy 540 companies in the Kurdistan region

irq_1302256360_1513423899.jpg&max_width=300

The head of the registration of companies in the Kurdistan region of  Dalzar Ismail on Saturday, the bankruptcy of 540 companies in the Kurdistan region because of the low liquidity in the markets, while noting the registration of hundreds of new companies of their names in the region.

 

"120 foreign companies and 420 local companies have declared bankruptcy, 35 percent of them are commercial companies, 25 percent are construction companies and companies are working in other fields," Ismail told Iraq News.

 

The director of registration companies in Kurdistan, said that "because of the financial crisis and low liquidity in the markets, many companies in the Kurdistan region declared bankruptcy," noting that "this is normal, because in return for that many companies registered their names this year, Territory ".

 

The Kurdistan region is suffering from a severe economic crisis that has forced the Kurdistan Regional Government to pay salaries to Kurdistan employees. Finished 2

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By yota691
      A high-ranking government delegation from Baghdad is visiting Erbil and this is the most prominent of its files
      Political | 09:14 - 25/07/2019
             
      Baghdad - Mawazin News 
      A high-level government delegation from Baghdad visited the Kurdistan region to discuss several issues, most notably Irradat al-Nof. 
      An informed source told Mawazine News that a government delegation from Baghdad arrived late last night in Erbil, noting that the vood will consist of finance ministers Fuad Hussein, Oil Thamer Ghadhban, National Security Adviser, Fayyad and Abu Jihad al-Hashemi. " 
      The source added that "the visit comes to agree on the resolution of a number of issues, including the delivery of oil revenues of 250 thousand barrels." Ended 29 / a 43


    • By yota691
      Interpol informs Kurdistan that the handover of Najmuddin will be to Baghdad, not to Arbil
      Political | 12:28 - 22/05/2019
            BAGHDAD - 
      An Iraqi source in Beirut revealed on Wednesday the repercussions of the arrest of Najmuddin Karim, the former governor of Kirkuk, pointing out that Interpol told Kurdistan that the handover of Najmuddin would be to Baghdad, not to Arbil. 
      The source said, according to "RT", "contacts are conducted by the federal judiciary in Baghdad and the Kurdistan region of Iraq to receive Karim, who was arrested yesterday at Beirut airport, and there are differences between Baghdad and Erbil on the matter, but Interpol confirmed that the detainee will not be handed over to the federal judiciary" . 
      He added that "INTERPOL informed the Iraqi Kurdistan authorities that the arrest was based on a memorandum issued by the federal government and not from Kurdistan, so the extradition process will not be for Erbil." 
      He pointed out, "the existence of intensive contacts between Iraqi political leaders and officials in Lebanon for his release," noting that "Karim position in the area of Badaro."
           
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.