Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 02/06/2018

yota691

February 06, 2018
Instructions for the work of the secondary agents of the foreign remittance service providers

To the financial transfer companies and the banks that act as the agent of the foreign remittance service provider (instructions for the work of the secondary agents of the foreign remittance service providers ) ...  click here

• Upvote 7

February 06, 2018
Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Strategy

Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Strategy

The Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Money Laundering (AML / CFT) Council announces the preparation and issuance of the National Strategy for Combating Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism for the years 2017-2020 according to the international requirements, which is the first strategy in Iraq in this regard.

It included a comprehensive vision and a deep understanding of all the factors and circumstances surrounding this crime in all sectors through a comprehensive survey and wide extrapolation of all levels of money laundering and terrorist financing crime that are actually occurring and likely to occur at each sector level.

The strategy is based on the principle of monitoring and deterrence in an objective balance against crime. It included a plan aimed at bringing about changes in policies, regulations and procedures, touching the roots of the causes and creating a work environment that tightens the screws to the perpetrators and at the same time maximizes roles and increases efficiency.

The strategy also adopted clarity in identifying each phenomenon of money laundering and financing of terrorism and its effects and coping mechanisms in cooperation with the concerned bodies of the supervisory, inspection, legislative and civil society organizations all within the timelines to face each phenomenon according to indicators of measurement of achievement and progress in roles.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, Floridian said:

If they are getting rid of the corruption in the auctions, wouldn't that mean the daily auctions continue - and therefore, no RV for now?  :(

Floridian, I was thinking the same thing. 

I believe the GOI is focus in the elections on May 12th, working on political parties alliances, So i think the daily auctions of dollars are going to continue at least till Mid year.

just my opinion.!

Go RV sooner than later 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Floridian said:

If they are getting rid of the corruption in the auctions, wouldn't that mean the daily auctions continue - and therefore, no RV for now?  :(

sounds like it ,  they pretty much  I assume  ,  are suppose to be pulling in dinar  for the currency auctions window ,  but if  dinar is in such low abundance , they have to be bringing in other currencies  for the dollar they are auctioning off !  still though with each day of auction  the reserves go down  ... ( it brings up a question , " are they selling more dollar than they are bringing in from oil sales " ? ) .....   

8 hours ago, yota691 said:

National Strategy for Combating Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism for the years 2017-2020 according to the international requirements

could be the years of  dinar values time of rise ?   or the zero theory  to play out  ( which ever zero they end up doing  )  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cranman said:

March 30th?

Yes that is the end of the quarter. 

9 hours ago, Botzwana said:

They DID say they would end the auctions in the first quarter.  That means from now till April 30th.

"IN the first quarter". I'm so glad they didn't say "SOON"!!  Hopefully they plan to make it happen in time to look real good for those investors they appear to need so badly!! 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, jeepguy said:

sounds like it ,  they pretty much  I assume  ,  are suppose to be pulling in dinar  for the currency auctions window ,  but if  dinar is in such low abundance , they have to be bringing in other currencies  for the dollar they are auctioning off !  still though with each day of auction  the reserves go down  ... ( it brings up a question , " are they selling more dollar than they are bringing in from oil sales " ? ) .....   

could be the years of  dinar values time of rise ?   or the zero theory  to play out  ( which ever zero they end up doing  )  

I agree ..They are in the  comfort zone of complacency ...

12 hours ago, Uckiller said:

Im just wondering..what will happen to iqd value if let say donour country give iraq 100b usd for reconstruction?

Its a big money..do cbi got enough reserve to maintain their pegging at 1190?

Probably nothing. If the milk is always free why buy the cow. They have so much wealth in oil and other rescouses yet they always have thier their hand out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, idplzr said:

Probably nothing. If the milk is always free why buy the cow. They have so much wealth in oil and other rescouses yet they always have thier their hand out. 

Hm..make sense..but normal condition when there is too money inflow..curency rate got impact by increase in value..central bank need to buffer .. mayb the way i think to complicated

Iraq always can use cheat code i think..haha

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Uckiller said:

Hm..make sense..but normal condition when there is too money inflow..curency rate got impact by increase in value..central bank need to buffer .. mayb the way i think to complicated

Iraq always can use cheat code i think..haha

Nothing about Iraq is normal. They’ve been procrastinating and postponing for years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1