Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Arctic Ocean is warming up...

moose 57

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coast.
I must apologize. I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922 , as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post 96 years ago. This must have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions or possibly from horse and cattle farts.

h.a.n.d.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 5

C'mon Moose.  Climate change has had very adverse impacts on the U.S.  We were much better off 15 or so thousand years ago when Chicago was under two miles of ice.  Then those undocumented Asian immigrants spread out out over the continent and their campfires and methane emissions just melted all that ice away!  But nobody knew what happened until the great scientist, dugout Al Gore, explained it to us rubes.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, bostonangler said:

The earth is constantly changing and we won't have to worry about it... Nibiru will change everything and in 100,000 years your ancestors will be having this same debate... We just need to enjoy our warming up and the less miles we will have to drive to get to the beach. LOL

B/A

I don't think so Tim...

https://sservi.nasa.gov/articles/scientists-reject-impending-nibiru-earth-collision/

7 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

If I had to venture a guess on BA's comments, I think the Nibiru reference was full sarcasm, and the "shorter drive to the beech" was "tongue-in-cheek", with some personal belief in it being true thrown in. JMHO, knowing how BA has posted historically on this forum... 😉

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Indraman said:

If I had to venture a guess on BA's comments, I think the Nibiru reference was full sarcasm, and the "shorter drive to the beech" was "tongue-in-cheek", with some personal belief in it being true thrown in. JMHO, knowing how BA has posted historically on this forum... 😉

Indy

It's hard to be funny here sometimes... It seems everyone want to attack... Wait until the Anunnaki arrive.. That get humans back on the same side... LOL

B/A

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

It's hard to be funny here sometimes... It seems everyone want to attack... Wait until the Anunnaki arrive.. That get humans back on the same side... LOL

B/A

I've got your back B/A, and your right to be funny. I wouldn't want you to be misunderstood...

giphy.gif

Indy

• Thanks 1