Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mountain Goat Wednesday, January 24, 2018 Post

Synopsis

Seems to have some tantalizing information indicating we could be in the home stretch. The excerpts are too many and too big to pull out.

Enjoy (or laugh at) The Read!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

January 24, 2018 Mnt Goat News Brief

Hi Everyone,

I bring you much news today.

WOW! We are winding down the month of January already with only 1 week remaining to go. Will we see the RV prior to the end of January?

So this week much hype about a news article with the CBI governor 
at a Central bank branch in Basra. Pictures were included in the news article. I want to bring to your attention one picture in particular. This picture is of Alaq holding up a very large note. Many started to spread rumors that his was of the new one dinar note.

This simply is not true. This is instead a 1947 era note from the past. If you remember my history lesson about the dinar, from a recent past newsletter, you then you can then look at the graph, that I also presented as part of my presentation, and see that on this graph that in 1947 timeframe the Iraqi dinar was valued at $4.86 (USD).

Now if we go to more recent announcements from the CBI they have told us they want to bring back the value of the dinar to this time period. Remember? Do you wonder why this Basra branch is highlighting this older note? There are other notes too from this same time period of 1940’s being displayed, but we can’t see them in the photo. The CBI is simply proud of what they are doing with the currency as they are showcasing their efforts for the citizens to see and read when they walk into the Basra bank.

But this showcasing effort does not stop at the Basra branch. This is happening all over Iraq in all the banks. Folks, this is part of the education process. Get it?

Today I feel it is important that I also want to give you an update to a recent conversation with my contact in the Central Bank. Folks it does not get any better than this to confirm what I (and others) have been saying about a very good timeframe for the month of January to see this revaluation to occur. Please read the conversation notes below:

Question: In past news articles we read that some of the categories of the lower notes have been distributed to the banks within Iraq. Is this true?

Answer: Yes, but not all the branches. Only the main offices now have the new category notes. They can distribute to lower branches as needed. This is for security reasons. This effort was a year long effort and is now completed.

Question: When do you plan to turn on the ATMs with these new categories?

Answer: These new notes will be loaded into the ATMs and the bank windows soon if not already at some banks. We are leaving this effort up to the individual banks. I can tell you this timing is on conjunction with paying the govt payouts (salaries, pensions, etc.) for the month of January.

Question: What are the new category notes?

Answer: Iraq can expect to see 1, 2 dinar coins, along with 5,10,50,100, 200, 500 and 1,000 paper notes as common categories. Also ¼ and ½ dinar coins along with 5, 10,100 coins. This distribution however must be a slow and gradual distribution as the marketplace demands. As you may know we did launch the new secured 50 notes in 2015 but postponed the 100 and 200 category notes planned for 2016 distribution but are now ready. The 1,000 note is already in circulation but we are working on a newer polymer version with new security features to come out soon.

Question: Has the rate of exchange (IQD vs USD) changed within Iraq?

Answer: The rate of exchange should be transparent within Iraq except for merchants and businesses. When the CBI is paying out January salaries and pensions we are paying under a much higher rate. This rate is based on an early December agreement with the IMF.

Question: What about the UN charter. Don’t you have to be under Article 8 to operate out of monetary sanctions from the wars, meaning the movement to a different monetary regime?

Answer: Yes, this is true and there are plans to move from Article 14 to operate “fully” under Article 8. The plan is to complete this within the first quarter of 2018. At this time we hope to have monetized to the new dinar categories.

Question: Won’t you also have to stop the current practice of the currency auctions?

Answer: yes, this is the plan within the first quarter of 2018 to stop these currency auctions.

Question: How do you plan to deal with stashes of the older 3 zero notes?

Answer: We feel the majority of these hoarded dinars are by citizens who do not trust the banks. This is understandable due to the recent Daesh and terrorist attacks. But Security measures have been taken and banks are now safe. Also we have implemented a number of banking reforms. So we encourage these citizens to purchase gold commemorative coins and the new in-country bonds. This will give the citizens the opportunity to convert this currency into substantial investments at very good return controlled outside the banking system.

Question: So are you saying you now have an in-country revaluation of the Iraqi dinar?

Answer: We are gradually rolling out an increase in rate on the dinar as we electronically pay the January govt payrolls and going forward, as I said before. The marketplace must catch up slowly. We plan to gradually also roll out the newer category notes to match. This is a slow process but we hope to be successful. This process has taken many years to implement and we are within the final stages of completion.

Question: So, are you saying then, that you anticipate using the dinar soon for paying foreign debts also?

Answer: Yes, soon we will de-pegged from the de facto peg on the US dollar and move to a basket of global currencies for our valuation. This will allow a gradual float of the currency on the open trading markets. There are strict IMF guidelines for this effort and we are working closely with them and the World Bank to implement.

Question: Doesn’t at some point the increase in value of the Iraqi dinar have to show up on the foreign exchanges (i.e. FOREX) in order to use the dinar internationally?

Answer: Yes, you are correct. I believe this also is moving forward and there is a plan to implement this measure very soon. Some day soon it will just appear as there is a date already set for this measure to occur.

Question: Should we expect to see FOREX updated with this current month?

Answer: We are still within a week left in the month and I believe this is the plan. But remember it is a plan and we have had to adjust many times before due to circumstances out of our control.

Folks can this news get any better? Now I want to use this news and back into some past and current articles. I hope everyone can see that Iraq is moving forward but we all still need patience and to relax. If all goes well and according to plan we may be at the banks soon.

Again I have to bring forward an old article to remind everyone that the project to delete the zeros was and is moving forward. This article is the first article in the below articles section of my newsletter. Please go read it and my comments within it. Then another, the second in the articles below, that says that they are bringing the project to delete the zeros “back to the forefront”. What’s nice about this second article is that it was written in Nov 2017. So not so old. Then in late Dec 2017, we heard the CBI agreed to go ahead with a re-instatement and to conclude this project to delete the zeros in 2018.

This two articles are sooooo good! They cover so many points and many of these points have been questions asked to me as of lately.

I am getting so tired of repeating over and over again the same old stuff. If you are a newbie please go read my past newsletters first before sending out questions to me. If you do, I am only going to ignore them anyhow if the topic is already covered in one of my newsletters. So you are wasting your time anyhow.

My newslettesr are almost like a historical record of what has been taking place with the “RV Saga”. I have written over 1,000 Newsletters already. Remember too these are “their words…not mine”. NO Hype, NO Rumors, NO Opinions,,,,just the FACTS.

Formal Articles are below. Due to limitations they do not print my RED colored fonts or italics, so my comments are in brackets ( ) throughout the articles. I will preface my comments with “mnt Goat” so you know I am jumping in with observations. Also, I separated the articles with asterisks. 
Articles Begin

1st Article
THE CENTRAL BANK: THE PROJECT TO DELETE THE ZEROS WILL BE APPLIED BEGINNING OF THE YEAR 2017
October 13, 2016 Walter

Tomorrow Press / BAGHDAD:
The governor of the Iraqi Central Bank, on Thursday, that the project to delete the zeros will be implemented in early 2017, indicating that the Bank embarked on the development of the first steps of the project.

(Mnt Goat – the “first steps” was the printing of the currency. They then tell us this was done.)

Keywords and said for “tomorrow Press”, “The goal of deleting three zeros from the Iraqi currency is to support the Iraqi dinar and MAKE IT A COMPETITOR OF FOREIGN CURRENCY “, he returned him as” that strategic project will serve the country’s economy. ”

(Mnt Goat – So how can they can make the dinar compete with other foreign currencies at 1/8 of a penny (in US dollars per dinar)? I don’t think so….Go RV! )

He added that “the Bank is working on the mechanisms used to implement this project is expected to start by the beginning of 2017,” noting that “the central bank began the first steps for the PROJECT THROUGH THE SELECTION OF DESIGNS, COMPANIES AND THE COUNTRY THAT WILL BE DONE PRINTED CURRENCIES “.

(Mnt Goat – Okay so they told us way back in Oct of 2016 they were getting the new notes ready. What new notes? The newer categories of lower denominations. Then later, like just in the last couple months they told us they distributed these notes to the banks from period Nov 2016 thru Nov 2017. Did you read my article in my newsletter? So the lower denoms are ready and poised to be launched. This is not “secret” intel….is it…lol..lol.. Their words not mine….lol..lol..)

He pointed out that “the introduction of new currency does not mean the destruction of the old currencies, but it will continue to trade to about ten years,” pointing out that “this period will enable the central bank to withdraw the old currency in accordance with the mechanisms will maintain market liquidity. ”

(Mnt Goat – Okay I am getting lots of questions of dropping the zeros from the Iraq dinar. Folks this is not going to happen to the dinar (maybe these idiots are talking about their uninformed news about the ZIM?). Read the paragraph in this article above. What the hell does it say? I quote – “the introduction of new currency does not mean the destruction of the old currencies, but it will continue to trade to about ten years,” pointing out that “this period will enable the central bank to withdraw the old currency in accordance with the mechanisms will maintain market liquidity. ”. I rest my case as all of you should now also rest your anxiety on this issue. I see no reason why they would be changing this part of the process. )

THE FINANCE COMMITTEE IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES EARLIER REVEALED, (AUGUST 15, 2013), THE POSTPONEMENT OF THE PROCESS OF REMOVING ZEROS FROM THE CURRENCY UNTIL AFTER THE NEXT PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS, while confirming that the government is demanding guarantees for non-substituent currency return to markets and forgery.

(Mnt Goat – Okay so all you idiotic gurus, seems Mnt Goa tis right again…lol..lol…Did you read this last paragraph? It is telling us they postponed the project to delete the zeros until after the 2014 elections. Why? Why else? They wanted political stability and they were not getting it under Nori al-Maliki administration. So could the up coming elections also impact the RV timeframe? Never say never….lol..lol…Again to be safe, of course we don’t want it to go this long just to be sure)

The Central Bank of Iraq confirmed, in the (April 25, 2013), that THERE IS NO INTENTION AT THIS TIME TO RESTRUCTURE THE CURRENCY AND DELETE THE THREE ZEROES OF THEM, DENYING THE REPORTS IN THIS REGARD.

(Mnt Goat – So what “reports in this regard” are they talking about? They are of course talking about the fact that they have been telling the citizens over and over again of the upcoming RV and launching of the new notes from April all the way until December of 2012. Do they also mean of rumors here in the west about an RV such as what they idiotic gurus keep saying?

So this is of no surprise to me that they finally wanted to put an end to these rumors of an any day / every day RV. But they waited until April to do so. Why? Remember the CBI was taken over in Dec of 2012. So they waited almost 4 months to let the people know it was in FACT postponed. This is very weird. But TNT, the BigCall (Big Stupid Call) Bruce and other idiots kept telling you all along that it was going to RV. But they couldn’t be bothered to read the damned articles since they felt they are NOT important enough to read. Really? Could this also be part of their problem in trying to find out what is really and honestly going on?)

It is noteworthy that the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced (April 12, 2012), for the wait in the application of the process of deletion of zeros from the national currency and that require action to stop all associated with the operation mentioned until further notice. It is noteworthy that some economists believe that Iraq is not formatted for the time being for the deletion of zeros from the dinar, POINTING OUT THAT THE DELETION NEEDS TO BE A SECURITY AND POLITICAL STABILITY AS WELL ECONOMIC STABILITY.

(Mnt Goat – Did you read this last paragraph? Again I will say they postponed the RV due to three main points:

1) Security – probably mean ISIS and in later articles they confirm it. 
2) Political Stability – wait until the elections and they clean up some of this corruption. In later articles they also confirmed this is what they meant. 
3) Economic Stability – Okay this is a long range one to try to figure out. Does this mean just getting the banking, investment and reform laws in place? Or does this also mean having the economy in a some kind of growth pattern where they are finally forced to RV or else they can’t any further. This may very well be the last item they need to work on. I also believe they have reached this point where they MUST reinstate the currency and get rid of these bulky, large 3 zero notes. Remember these 3 zero notes were only supposed to be temporary and never were intended even to be around this long (the CBI planned only 5 years till 2008-2009 to obtain the needed scenario and levels of stability where they could RV). So this RV process is so way overdue.)
2nd Article

RETURN OF THE SUBJECT DELETE THE ZEROS TO THE FOREFRONT

11/26/2017 12:00 AM

We are on the doors of the year 2018 Or is the date of deletion of the three zeros of the Iraqi dinar a question addressed to the makers of monetary policy?

The past years have seen widespread debate about the advantages and disadvantages of deleting zeros.

Which brings this debate back to the forefront, but we are at the beginning of the road towards a rational economic reform that restores the country's strength and strength after being subjected to several tremors almost paralyzed.

I see that the RETURN OF THE SUBJECT DELETE THE ZEROS TO THE FOREFRONT AT A TIME WHEN THE STEPS OF THE REFORM CALMLY AND SLOWLY AND UNRIVALED IS A REAL VISION TO RESTORE THE REAL VALUE OF THE IRAQI DINAR TO REMAIN MASTER OF CURRENCIES AT the level of local trading without rushing on the acquisition of the dollar to invest outside the country, and perhaps the advantages of the dinar equivalent with The dollar in terms of value, content and appearance of the debt to invest domestically, because it is difficult to invest currencies in the world outside the dollar as the currency of the most receptive and popular in transactions and investments.

This and other advantages lead to the adoption of consideration of this project and study the POSSIBILITY OF ITS APPLICATION DURING THE YEAR 2018 AS ONE OF THE BASICS OF MONETARY AND BANKING REFORM.

Perhaps follow the steps in reducing the exchange rate of the dollar gradually after the challenge of security will devote convictions and accept the deletion of zeros, which faced in a timely split between supporters and opponents because of poor understanding of raising zeros, and importance and advantages, especially when some believe that the deletion of zeros will reduce the size of the reserves of dinars because Their view of their size is not to their true value.

It should be noted that monetary policy had followed a balanced and balanced plan to reduce the exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar and succeeded to some extent fixed on what it is now, where it was able to reduce from 200 thousand to 100 dollars to 120 thousand dinars and the goal to reach 100 thousand Dinars but circumstances prevented timely completion of the gradual reduction.

Today, it is easy for the Central Bank of Iraq to work on the principle of gradually reducing the exchange rate to the extent that it can be equivalent to the dinar against the dollar, so as to accept and digest the process of deleting zeros, so the advantage of reducing the size of money assured the owner to keep a small amount of cash with the bone market value and actual.

For this, the deletion of zeros or raise them from the Iraqi currency will make them enjoy these advantages in the field of compactness and commercial transactions and the risks are much lower than the large cash volumes.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO ADOPT THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ FOR THE PROJECT TO DELETE THE ZEROS AND WORK ON ITS IMPLEMENTATION FROM NOW in order to achieve the objectives of reducing the size of the monetary mass, and required a media program to devote convictions to the importance of this project,

Articles End

Their words not mine…..No Rumors, No Hype, No Opinions ,,,,,
Just the FACTS!

Disclaimer: All information in this newsletter is not intended for investment decisions / purposes. Mnt Goat is not a financial analyst, planner, banker, attorney or associated in any role with giving out professional investment advice.

In ending I want everyone to know your constant prayers in the fight against evil (ISIS) in Iraq have worked. God has guided these young men and women on the battle field. Let us all now also keep praying. I have composed a prayer maybe we can all pray today in our own way and until the revaluation occurs.

PRAYER

“For the prime minister and all his cabinet members, and parliament that they may be anointed by the Holy Spirit to do God’s will and bring the free Republic of Iraq to the much-deserved prosperity and abundance thru justice and freedom from oppression and corruption”. That they may be a shining example for the rest of the middle east and the world to follow. In the name of Jesus Christ our King and Savior, Amen”

Auf Wiedersehen 
Much love to ya all, 
Mnt Goat

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Today I feel it is important that I also want to give you an update to a recent conversation with my contact in the Central Bank. Folks it does not get any better than this to confirm what I (and others) have been saying about a very good timeframe for the month of January to see this revaluation to occur. Please read the conversation notes below:

Question: In past news articles we read that some of the categories of the lower notes have been distributed to the banks within Iraq. Is this true?

Answer: Yes, but not all the branches. Only the main offices now have the new category notes. They can distribute to lower branches as needed. This is for security reasons. This effort was a year long effort and is now completed.

Question: When do you plan to turn on the ATMs with these new categories?

Answer: These new notes will be loaded into the ATMs and the bank windows soon if not already at some banks. We are leaving this effort up to the individual banks. I can tell you this timing is on conjunction with paying the govt payouts (salaries, pensions, etc.) for the month of January.

Question: What are the new category notes?

Answer: Iraq can expect to see 1, 2 dinar coins, along with 5,10,50,100, 200, 500 and 1,000 paper notes as common categories. Also ¼ and ½ dinar coins along with 5, 10,100 coins. This distribution however must be a slow and gradual distribution as the marketplace demands. As you may know we did launch the new secured 50 notes in 2015 but postponed the 100 and 200 category notes planned for 2016 distribution but are now ready. The 1,000 note is already in circulation but we are working on a newer polymer version with new security features to come out soon.

Question: Has the rate of exchange (IQD vs USD) changed within Iraq?

Answer: The rate of exchange should be transparent within Iraq except for merchants and businesses. When the CBI is paying out January salaries and pensions we are paying under a much higher rate. This rate is based on an early December agreement with the IMF.

Question: What about the UN charter. Don’t you have to be under Article 8 to operate out of monetary sanctions from the wars, meaning the movement to a different monetary regime?

Answer: Yes, this is true and there are plans to move from Article 14 to operate “fully” under Article 8. The plan is to complete this within the first quarter of 2018. At this time we hope to have monetized to the new dinar categories.

Question: Won’t you also have to stop the current practice of the currency auctions?

Answer: yes, this is the plan within the first quarter of 2018 to stop these currency auctions.

Answer: We feel the majority of these hoarded dinars are by citizens who do not trust the banks. This is understandable due to the recent Daesh and terrorist attacks. But Security measures have been taken and banks are now safe. Also we have implemented a number of banking reforms. So we encourage these citizens to purchase gold commemorative coins and the new in-country bonds. This will give the citizens the opportunity to convert this currency into substantial investments at very good return controlled outside the banking system.

Question: So are you saying you now have an in-country revaluation of the Iraqi dinar?

Answer: We are gradually rolling out an increase in rate on the dinar as we electronically pay the January govt payrolls and going forward, as I said before. The marketplace must catch up slowly. We plan to gradually also roll out the newer category notes to match. This is a slow process but we hope to be successful. This process has taken many years to implement and we are within the final stages of completion.

Question: So, are you saying then, that you anticipate using the dinar soon for paying foreign debts also?

Answer: Yes, soon we will de-pegged from the de facto peg on the US dollar and move to a basket of global currencies for our valuation. This will allow a gradual float of the currency on the open trading markets. There are strict IMF guidelines for this effort and we are working closely with them and the World Bank to implement.

Question: Doesn’t at some point the increase in value of the Iraqi dinar have to show up on the foreign exchanges (i.e. FOREX) in order to use the dinar internationally?

Answer: Yes, you are correct. I believe this also is moving forward and there is a plan to implement this measure very soon. Some day soon it will just appear as there is a date already set for this measure to occur.

Question: Should we expect to see FOREX updated with this current month?

Answer: We are still within a week left in the month and I believe this is the plan. But remember it is a plan and we have had to adjust many times before due to circumstances out of our control.

Folks can this news get any better?

If this is true, it is the most amazing thing I have read since I've been in the Dinar... If the goat is making this up that would be sad. The goat has a pretty good reputation. This is laying it on the line. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

If this is true, it is the most amazing thing I have read since I've been in the Dinar... If the goat is making this up that would be sad. The goat has a pretty good reputation. This is laying it on the line. JMHO

Yes, Amazing Indeed, BostonAngler! :tiphat:

Apparently, some of the older posters here have seen Mountain Goat call it before. So, I intend to watch for news media articles to support or refute the content of Mountain Goat's post.

I would like to see more information in the Iraqi News Media regarding the roll out of the lower denominations and related articles to ATMs in place with the lower denominations that needs to be turned on.

I would also like to see more information in the Iraqi News Media regarding the question and answer:

Maybe, this is how they plan to deal with the CHUNKAE' MONAE'. However, I do not remember an actual implemented plan mentioning these items or the participation level of the Iraqi Citizens. I suspect the goal of the note count in circulation is crucial here and may have already been met.

My opinion is by around Tuesday, February 20 (the day after President's Day - a three day US holiday) we'll see how things are stacking up - if not before!

www.ino.com IQD vs. USD has been acting weird again:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1M

Typically, the IQD vs. USD exchange rate goes to around the CBI rate Friday evenings through Sunday evenings. Lately, the exchange rate has been approximating the CBI rate during the week for notable periods of time. I suspect an IQD exchange rate change would need to be tested through secondary, teriary, etc. financial platforms world wide prior to actually changing the IQD rate.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Being one of the ole timers here I (we've) read a lot of convincing reads and nothing ever happen but excuses from all the self made so called gurus of why it never happen to try and save themselves like okie the oilman, Terry K and many more. So with that said don't anyone hold your breathe just take what's said w/a grain of salt , sit back and watch how creditable these so called gurus are when the time comes. And when it comes to the goat she's said a lot in the past and nothing ever became of it. :twocents:

Believe what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Flash101 said:

And when it comes to the goat she's said a lot in the past and nothing ever became of it. :twocents:

You are correct "Mr Flash Sir",

The Goat stated several years back that one of her friends cashed out..........then she went into hiding for awhile.

Image result for funny goat gifs

When she returned, she's been pretty level headed with her info since & has provided some good reading material......but yes, taken with a grain of salt.

If she really does have a friend at the Central Bank, maybe she's onto something.

Even if she's off by several months,  "I'm ok wit dat"!!

.....and that's assuming the Goat is a she.

In the meantime, I'll stick to the "Clown News Network"!!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, brokerkeith said:

You are correct "Mr Flash Sir",

The Goat stated several years back that one of her friends cashed out..........then she went into hiding for awhile.

Image result for funny goat gifs

When she returned, she's been pretty level headed with her info since & has provided some good reading material......but yes, taken with a grain of salt.

If she really does have a friend at the Central Bank, maybe she's onto something.

Even if she's off by several months,  "I'm ok wit dat"!!

.....and that's assuming the Goat is a she.

In the meantime, I'll stick to the "Clown News Network"!!

Yes the goat in the past always came across as a she but now days even a Bruce can be a she :lol:

+1

• Upvote 2

On 1/25/2018 at 8:19 AM, yota691 said:

hogwash

Nothing like being slapped by The Master with a Hogwash-O-Meter to bring me back to reality...

...thanks for bringing me back to my senses Yota.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:52 PM, Botzwana said:

Do you have a link stating she said that?  The only thing I remember that was off about her was she did call it in 2011.  But I never read the friends cashed out thingie.

I DO NOT have a link, but there are certain things I remember people stating that stick with me, and this was one of those things.

As I mentioned above, ever since she made that statement several years back, she's put out some good info and much of it makes good sense.

But as Yota reminded me, this is the rumor section & you must remain realistic.

Maybe one day soon, The Goat will state she's at an ATM Machine for real & withdrawing her Dinar at a much Higher Rate...

Related image

...but probably not.   :tiphat:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/25/2018 at 9:52 PM, Botzwana said:

Do you have a link stating she said that?  The only thing I remember that was off about her was she did call it in 2011.  But I never read the friends cashed out thingie.

I read her statement about her freinds cashing in. I believe it was in Cali and there was two cash in over 3.  It was years ago, so I am not sure about a date.  

• Upvote 1