Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Attachment limit

Muleslayer

I have reached max attachment upload.

1.9 meg. Really?

how can I clean out older attachments?

on another note: we used to be able to see who was in the thread that we are currently viewing.

not a big deal but was nice to be able to banter immediately with your friends because you were aware they were viewing same topic.

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 1

No one?

ok well if I may make a suggestion, I am in the biz of online backup. Have been since 1989. Long before Mozy & Carbonite.

i understand disk space management. Learned the hard way!

i would suggest a FIFO policy on images. After it has been viewed timer starts. After say, 6 months images are deleted or archived in compression.

as an alternative to that perhaps a method of self management per user.

the backup software that I have developed and ENDLESSLY tweaked uses this method.

users can now select a max number of backups to keep. Default is 10 backups. After 2 or 3 months Data is “stale” and not useful.

photo album full? Delete your own images.

just a thought.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how a member would reduce their attachments.  Probably the only way to do it, is for you to go to your attachment list under your profile, go to the post that has the attachment, report it and ask that it be removed from the post. :shrug:  I've reported this post, hopefully someone more knowledgeable about attachments will pipe in. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Thxs Mule,

Mark I have 7 attachments in my profile, can you delete them all please ? A delete button there would be handy.

pp

I do not think he can delete for you dear.

this is also called an “undocumented feature” AKA bug!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

Thxs Mule,

Mark I have 7 attachments in my profile, can you delete them all please ? A delete button there would be handy.

pp

I cannot see your attachments.  You will need to go to the posts, your attachments are in, and "report" the post.  In the comments put "Delete Attachment". 

Please keep in mind, that we would rather not make this something we would have to do on a regular basis. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...