Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Iraqi sales of foreign currency rise 900 thousand dollars

yota691

Central Iraqi sales of foreign currency rise 29.5 million dollars

Central Iraqi sales of foreign currency rise 29.5 million dollars
Total sales totaled $ 187.19 million

14 January 2018 01:26 PM

Direct sales of the Central Bank of Iraq from foreign currency during the auction on Sunday to 149.29 million dollars, compared to the sale of 119.78 million dollars last Thursday auction , an increase of 29.51 million dollars, according to a statement of the bank .

The central bank said in its statement that the exchange rate reached 1190 dinars per dollar in the auction held with the participation of 39 banks and 8 financial transfer companies .

The bank said the sales were the result of the auction scheduled for Monday, explaining that the total sales for the day amounted to about 187.19 million dollars.

Amounts sold to boost bank balances abroad were $ 148.21 million, while cash sales were estimated at $ 1.08 million .

The Central Bank said in a statement that the sale of the amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad is at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price .

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

I think we all should begin to realise that they (Iraq) are content to continue as they are on the same treadmill.. 

And their top institutional think tank guys see that the central bank is breaking the reserves , or bringing it to very low holdings ...

• Upvote 3

I think Thugs hit the nail on the head when he pointed out the politicians only

look at their job as a giant piggy bank they can rob for their own interest. They 

have no interest in changing things,why should they.Meeting after meeting kicking

the can but doing nothing that would rock their little boat,

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Central bank sales fall to $ 138 million

Central bank sales fall to $ 138 million

Since 2018-01-15 at 13:54 (Baghdad time)

10-2.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

The central bank's foreign currency sales fell during an auction on Monday to 138.77 million dollars, down 10.52 million dollars after selling 149.29 million dollars on Sunday.

"The exchange rate was 1190 dinars per dollar, in the auction held with the participation of 36 banks and eight companies for financial transfer," a statement by the bank said.

"These sales are the result of the auction scheduled for Tuesday, indicating that the total sales for the day amounted to about 182.17 million dollars."

He added that "the volume of funds sold to strengthen the bank balances abroad amounted to about 137.15 million dollars, while estimated cash sales amounts to 1.62 million dollars"

He added that "the sale of amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price."

is over

• Upvote 3

This is just my opinion.!

The GOI is focus in the local and parliamentary elections coming on May 12th.

I don't believe we will see any important law or the new monetary policy before the elections.. Like HCL, art 140, 2018 budget and many others.

The financial situation in the country is improving with the dinar at 1182

The CBI is selling bonds at 8% interest to support local projects 

Oil prices are improving 

The daily auctions we will continue for few more month.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, TOMINVEGAS said:

So the auctions haven’t stopped yet? I’m beginning to think that Abadi is powerless to do anything at all—or maybe he’s corrupt also.  They absolutely refuse to make the necessary changes. 

I'm beginning to think Iraq does not want to RV their currency at ALL because of greed in the CBI and government.  I don't understand why so many continue to help this country by giving loans and etc.  I guest it's all smoke screen and we just have to hope and pray one day this country will do the right thing to improve their currency.  Just hope it happen before I'm gone...

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

I think we all should begin to realise that they (Iraq) are content to continue as they are on the same treadmill.. 

With this information, I don’t see an RV in the first quarter. As much as I hate to say it but you could be correct, Iraq could go on like this indefinitely.

Edited by drj
  • Upvote 5

They are doing quite well doing what they are doing. Corruption to the max is an everyday occurrence. It is acceptable behavior. They don't have to rv at all and can continue as they are now. They don't need to go international. As long as other countries are bailing them out, they're set. That I believe is the sad reality.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, markb57 said:

They are doing quite well doing what they are doing. Corruption to the max is an everyday occurrence. It is acceptable behavior. They don't have to rv at all and can continue as they are now. They don't need to go international. As long as other countries are bailing them out, they're set. That I believe is the sad reality.

Agreed the question is WHY other countries continue to bail Iraq out and give them loans?  Are they getting paid by Iraq under the table.....Things that may you wonder Hmmmmm:butt-kicking:

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, eburt said:

Agreed the question is WHY other countries continue to bail Iraq out and give them loans?  Are they getting paid by Iraq under the table.....Things that may you wonder Hmmmmm:butt-kicking:

Those countries have a s?!$t ton of Dinar and they know they will get it back 10 fold!! Once it revalues. They know the date. Iraq knows the date. We just don’t know the date. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Maliki comes to mind here. He has tried his best to throw wrenches in Abadi’s progress in the hopes of winning back PM for himself. There are just enough of his puppets in Parliment to continue reeking havoc on an ignorant country and it’s future. (Or lack of). Ignorant they will be kept. Even Sadr is very quiet these days. Im ready to trade in my crappy arsed car on a brand new electric car. I’m really sick of my money supporting anything oil. 

Edited by jcfrag
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Central sales of foreign currency increased by 4.75 million dollars

Central sales of foreign currency increased by 4.75 million dollars

Since 2018-01-16 at 14:06 (Baghdad time)

aaaaaxzxzxz232s31ws231ws.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI)'s foreign exchange sales rose to 143.52 million dollars on Tuesday, up from 138.77 million dollars on Monday, an increase of 4.75 million dollars.

"Central bank sales of foreign currency rose during the auction today, to 143.52 million dollars, compared to 138.77 million dollars in the auction yesterday, an increase of 4.75 million dollars," the Central Bank said in a statement received by Mawazine News. Exchange amounted to 1190 dinars per dollar, in the auction held with the participation of 37 banks, and 8 companies for financial transfer.

The bank said that "sales are the results of the auction scheduled for tomorrow," explaining that "the total sales for the day amounted to about 172.52 million dollars."

The central bank said that "the volume of funds sold to strengthen the bank balances abroad amounted to about 142 million dollars, while estimated cash sales amounts to 1.52 million dollars."

"The sale of the amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad is at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price."

is over

M

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to The Central Bank's foreign currency sales increased by 32,000 dollars
14:53
Last updated
The time now is 03:11 PM
Watch

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
Central Bank of Iraq (CBE) sales of foreign currency rose to 143.84 million dollars on Wednesday, up from 143.52 million dollars on Tuesday, an increase of 32,000 dollars. 
The Central Bank said in a statement received "Al-Gharab Press", a copy of it, "The central bank's foreign currency sales rose during the auction today to 143.84 million dollars, compared to 143.52 million dollars on Tuesday, an increase of 32 thousand dollars," noting that "the price of Exchange amounted to 1190 dinars per dollar, in the auction held with the participation of 38 banks, and 8 companies for financial transfer.

"These sales are the result of the auction scheduled for Thursday," the bank said, adding that "total sales for the day amounted to about 158.84 million dollars." 
He pointed out that "the volume of funds sold to strengthen the bank balances abroad amounted to about 142.59 million dollars, while estimated cash sales amounts to 1.25 million dollars." 
The Central Bank said in a statement that "the sale of amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad is at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price."
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Central Iraqi sales of foreign currency rise 900 thousand dollars

5179.jpg

Market
Economy News _ Baghdad

The Central Bank of Iraq sales of foreign currency during the auction on Thursday, to about 144.74 million dollars, compared to the sale of 143.84 million dollars auction Wednesday, an increase of 900 thousand dollars, according to a statement by the bank.

The Central Bank, in a statement received by "Economy News", the exchange rate amounted to 1190 dinars per dollar, in the auction held with the participation of 38 banks, and 8 companies for financial transfer.

The bank said the sales were the result of the auction scheduled for Sunday, January 21, explaining that the total sales for the day amounted to about 185.94 million dollars.

The volume of funds sold to boost bank balances abroad was about $ 143.66 million, while cash sales were estimated at $ 1.08 million.

The Central Bank said in a statement that the sale of the amounts transferred to the accounts of banks abroad is at the price of 1190 dinars per dollar, while the cash sale will be at the same price.

Views 11   Date Added 18/01/2018

• Upvote 3