Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A simulation of the dinar exchange rate linked to the basket of currencies


DWS112
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, scouter73 said:

I remember a while back about dinar tied to 5 currencies. Irag iran were like ying and yang. India vietnam and another country i don't recall. Rupies just climbed after there currency cleanup last yr. So i dont see them rving again. If this is rumors i apologize. Been reading in shadows for yrrrrs now.

 

I remember that too. It was tired to the USD, EUR, Pound, and Yen. There may have been one more, not sure about that.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dinarham said:

FIRST OFF ,I WASN'T DRINKING . REMEMBER THE DINAR WAS CLOSE TO KUWAIT'S RATE BEFORE THE WAR  . SECONDLY ,I'M NOT A HE .

 

I appreciate what you are saying, dinarham, but it is my understanding that the Kuwaiti dinar was tied to the GBP whereas, the IQD at the time was set by Saddam Hussein.  Ol' Saddam set it at any rate that he wanted. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dinarham said:

SMOKE AND MIRRORS  . IT'S GONNA BE HIGHER THAN KUWAIT 

 

I hope that you are correct and I am wrong    I don't see it happening with the Saudi Riyal at .27 USD but time will tell.  Let's just get it over with so we can all focus on the next chapter of where to best invest our return!  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

 

Makes sense, Indy.  So what's your prediction as to RV amount?

Mine is .10,  but hoping I'm wrong and it's a lot more.

 

 

As I stated, item (1) is probably the biggest unknown factor. Based upon what I have seen, I would venture a guess anywhere from $0.10 to $1.20 (max). Anything greater would just be icing on the cake.

 

Indy

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Indraman said:

 

As I stated, item (1) is probably the biggest unknown factor. Based upon what I have seen, I would venture a guess anywhere from $0.10 to $1.20 (max). Anything greater would just be icing on the cake.

 

Indy

 

That's a mighty big range.

Thanks, Indy.  Hope your higher end prediction is correct.

Edited by Floridian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm thinking that if they truly want to "de-dollarize", they'll need to be at a buck or more to get citizens to give up their USD and finally use the banking system.  If they want to get into a p*ssing match with Kuwait to be the highest rate, they can move to a managed float down the road, after they prove themselves to the rest of the planet.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks DWS...

37 minutes ago, fnbplanet said:

I'm thinking that if they truly want to "de-dollarize", they'll need to be at a buck or more to get citizens to give up their USD and finally use the banking system.  If they want to get into a p*ssing match with Kuwait to be the highest rate, they can move to a managed float down the road, after they prove themselves to the rest of the planet.

 

1 hour ago, Indraman said:

 

As I stated, item (1) is probably the biggest unknown factor. Based upon what I have seen, I would venture a guess anywhere from $0.10 to $1.20 (max). Anything greater would just be icing on the cake.

 

Indy

..."1.08"...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, scouter73 said:

I remember a while back about dinar tied to 5 currencies. Irag iran were like ying and yang. India vietnam and another country i don't recall. Rupies just climbed after there currency cleanup last yr. So i dont see them rving again. If this is rumors i apologize. Been reading in shadows for yrrrrs now.

 

 

I think it was China if memory serves me correct.

 

  pp

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in Kuwait right after the Iraqi army was driven out in 1991.  The Kuwaiti Dinar lost all value because the Iraqi Army had sacked the Central Bank of Kuwait and made off with all of Kuwait's  currency reserves.  The Kuwaiti Dinars had been printed in Europe and thus the plates were safe.  They simply reprinted Kuwaiti bank notes using different colored ink.  There was a short, in-country window in which old notes could be exchanged for new bank notes; thereafter the old currency became valueless.

  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Tuscanugee Hutgee said:

I was in Kuwait right after the Iraqi army was driven out in 1991.  The Kuwaiti Dinar lost all value because the Iraqi Army had sacked the Central Bank of Kuwait and made off with all of Kuwait's  currency reserves.  The Kuwaiti Dinars had been printed in Europe and thus the plates were safe.  They simply reprinted Kuwaiti bank notes using different colored ink.  There was a short, in-country window in which old notes could be exchanged for new bank notes; thereafter the old currency became valueless.

 

So just to clarify.....anyone holding old Kuwaiti dinars HAD to exchange them IN Kuwait? 

 

If so--I wonder if that will happen with us? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, sometime ago we were told that Iraq was doing MOST of their trading with the European countries that use the ERU. OK ,Jordan would be next in line and their money ,to the US dollar is $1.40. The euro ,or how ever you spell it ,is at $1.20 so I'm guessing the Dinar will come out from $1.13 to $1.40 . I'm just ready for IT to come out at something other than the program rate. Kuwait ,today, is at $3.31.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the fall of 2009 I actually saw a price of 1.49 for the price of a dinar on Forex.  That was also the Price of the Euro at that time.  The 1.49 price didn’t stay up very long but it was very exciting.  Does anyone else remember that.   Those were the days of getting up at 2 am to check the price because of the rumors of an early morning RV.  Does anyone remember the moon stories in the newspapers were a secret code that an RV was going to happen any day.   Hang around here long enough and you’ll hear it all. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tuscanugee Hutgee said:

I was in Kuwait right after the Iraqi army was driven out in 1991.  The Kuwaiti Dinar lost all value because the Iraqi Army had sacked the Central Bank of Kuwait and made off with all of Kuwait's  currency reserves.  The Kuwaiti Dinars had been printed in Europe and thus the plates were safe.  They simply reprinted Kuwaiti bank notes using different colored ink.  There was a short, in-country window in which old notes could be exchanged for new bank notes; thereafter the old currency became valueless.

              THANKS FOR THAT INFO , TUSCANUGEE  . PERHAPS THEY WERE PRINTED AT DELARUE IN SWITZERLWHO ALSO PRINTED  THE DINAR , PAYED FOR BY USA . DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT WHEN KUWAI'T'S  CURRENCY WENT FROM ZERO BACK TO IT'S PREWAR VALUE  ?   IT WAS NON NEWS   , BUT IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY  ,BILL CLINTON ELIMINATED THE NATIONAL DEBT . GO FIGURE.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dinarham said:

REMEMBER THE DINAR WAS CLOSE TO KUWAIT'S RATE BEFORE THE WAR  . SECONDLY ,I'M NOT A HE .

 

I’m A He - But I’m Wearing Makeup ! :o 

 

:D  :D  :D 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.