Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait says it has recovered the remains of 236 missing in Iraq

Rmc10

38 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

Section 5.  Furnishing of information

• (a) The Fund may require members to furnish it with such information as it deems necessary for its activities, including, as the minimum necessary for the effective discharge of the Fund's duties, national data on the following matters:

• (i) official holdings at home and abroad of (1) gold, (2) foreign exchange;
    • (ii) holdings at home and abroad by banking and financial agencies, other than official agencies, of (1) gold, (2) foreign exchange;
    • (iii) production of gold;
    • (iv) gold exports and imports according to countries of destination and origin;
    • (v) total exports and imports of merchandise, in terms of local currency values, according to countries of destination and origin;
    • (vi) international balance of payments, including (1) trade in goods and services, (2) gold transactions, (3) known capital transactions, and (4) other items;
    • (vii) international investment position, i.e., investments within the territories of the member owned abroad and investments abroad owned by persons in its territories so far as it is possible to furnish this information;
    • (viii) national income;
    • (ix) price indices, i.e., indices of commodity prices in wholesale and retail markets and of export and import prices;
    • (x) buying and selling rates for foreign currencies;
    • (xi) exchange controls, i.e., a comprehensive statement of exchange controls in effect at the time of assuming membership in the Fund and details of subsequent changes as they occur; and
    • (xii) where official clearing arrangements exist, details of amounts awaiting clearance in respect of commercial and financial transactions, and of the length of time during which such arrears have been outstanding.
  • (b) In requesting information the Fund shall take into consideration the varying ability of members to furnish the data requested. Members shall be under no obligation to furnish information in such detail that the affairs of individuals or corporations are disclosed. Members undertake, however, to furnish the desired information in as detailed and accurate a manner as is practicable and, so far as possible, to avoid mere estimates.
  • (c) The Fund may arrange to obtain further information by agreement with members. It shall act as a centre for the collection and exchange of information on monetary and financial problems, thus facilitating the preparation of studies designed to assist members in developing policies which further the purposes of the Fund.

Thank You, BKeiller, for posting this and all the other Great Articles! The Best Of Your Weekend To You! :tiphat:

I highlighted the portions that stood out to me. The "holdings" may remain outside of Iraq but included "for the effective discharge of the Fund's duties" where pilfered funds and their associated accounts are transferred to the "Fund's" authorities for the full removal of restrictions for the funds' use and the transfer thereof under the "Fund's" authority. All in all, this may really speed things up since no formal transfer back to Iraq may need to occur before the "Fund's" authority discharges the "Fund's" responsibilities.

My opinion is things look very good for extremely favorable things to occur right before our eyes at an ever increasing pace!

:backflip:       :backflip:       :backflip:

Go Moola Nova (YEAH!!!)!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You, BKeiller, for posting this and all the other Great Articles! The Best Of Your Weekend To You! :tiphat:

I highlighted the portions that stood out to me. The "holdings" may remain outside of Iraq but included "for the effective discharge of the Fund's duties" where pilfered funds and their associated accounts are transferred to the "Fund's" authorities for the full removal of restrictions for the funds' use and the transfer thereof under the "Fund's" authority. All in all, this may really speed things up since no formal transfer back to Iraq may need to occur before the "Fund's" authority discharges the "Fund's" responsibilities.

My opinion is things look very good for extremely favorable things to occur right before our eyes at an ever increasing pace!

Go Moola Nova (YEAH!!!)!

:bump: Plain and simple, you are right on.   I see things happening.  

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Go Moola Nova (YEAH!!!)!

I went through it earlier but posted it here to explain the gold

Click the grey arrow                                                                                             X HERE   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bkeiller said:

IMF Article VIII .          [Thanks for the link @newbieDA]

Article VIII: General Obligations of Members
1. Introduction
2. Avoidance of restrictions on current payments
3. Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices
4. Convertibility of foreign-held balances
5. Furnishing of information
6. Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements
7. Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

Section 1.  Introduction

In addition to the obligations assumed under other articles of this Agreement, each member undertakes the obligations set out in this Article.

Section 2.  Avoidance of restrictions on current payments

• (a) Subject to the provisions of Article VII, Section 3(b) and Article XIV, Section 2, no member shall, without the approval of the Fund,impose restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions.
  • (b) Exchange contracts which involve the currency of any member and which are contrary to the exchange control regulations of that member maintained or imposed consistently with this Agreement shall be unenforceable in the territories of any member. In addition, members may, by mutual accord, cooperate in measures for the purpose of making the exchange control regulations of either member more effective, provided that such measures and regulations are consistent with this Agreement.

Section 3.  Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices

No member shall engage in, or permit any of its fiscal agencies referred to in Article V, Section 1 to engage in, any discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices [?Auctions?], whether within or outside margins under Article IV or prescribed by or under Schedule C, except as authorized under this Agreement or approved by the Fund. If such arrangements and practices are engaged in at the date when this Agreement enters into force, the member concerned shall consult with the Fund as to their progressive removal unless they are maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2, in which case the provisions of Section 3 of that Article shall apply.

Section 4.  Convertibility of foreign-held balances

• (a) Each member shall buy balances of its currency held by another member if the latter, in requesting the purchase, represents:

• (i) that the balances to be bought have been recently acquired as a result of current transactions; or
    • (ii) that their conversion is needed for making payments for current transactions.

The buying member shall have the option to pay either in special drawing rights, subject to Article XIX, Section 4, or in the currency of the member making the request.

• (b) The obligation in (a) above shall not apply when:

• (i) the convertibility of the balances has been restricted consistently with Section 2 of this Article or Article VI, Section 3;
    • (ii) the balances have accumulated as a result of transactions effected before the removal by a member of restrictions maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2;
    • (iii) the balances have been acquired contrary to the exchange regulations of the member which is asked to buy them;
    • (iv) the currency of the member requesting the purchase has been declared scarce under Article VII, Section 3(a); or
    • (v) the member requested to make the purchase is for any reason not entitled to buy currencies of other members from the Fund for its own currency.

• (a) The Fund may require members to furnish it with such information as it deems necessary for its activities, including, as the minimum necessary for the effective discharge of the Fund's duties, national data on the following matters:

• (ii) holdings at home and abroad by banking and financial agencies, other than official agencies, of (1) gold, (2) foreign exchange;
    • (iv) gold exports and imports according to countries of destination and origin;
    • (v) total exports and imports of merchandise, in terms of local currency values, according to countries of destination and origin;
    • (vi) international balance of payments, including (1) trade in goods and services, (2) gold transactions, (3) known capital transactions, and (4) other items;
    • (vii) international investment position, i.e., investments within the territories of the member owned abroad and investments abroad owned by persons in its territories so far as it is possible to furnish this information;
    • (ix) price indices, i.e., indices of commodity prices in wholesale and retail markets and of export and import prices;
    • (xi) exchange controls, i.e., a comprehensive statement of exchange controls in effect at the time of assuming membership in the Fund and details of subsequent changes as they occur; and
    • (xii) where official clearing arrangements exist, details of amounts awaiting clearance in respect of commercial and financial transactions, and of the length of time during which such arrears have been outstanding.
  • (b) In requesting information the Fund shall take into consideration the varying ability of members to furnish the data requested. Members shall be under no obligation to furnish information in such detail that the affairs of individuals or corporations are disclosed. Members undertake, however, to furnish the desired information in as detailed and accurate a manner as is practicable and, so far as possible, to avoid mere estimates.
  • (c) The Fund may arrange to obtain further information by agreement with members. It shall act as a centre for the collection and exchange of information on monetary and financial problems, thus facilitating the preparation of studies designed to assist members in developing policies which further the purposes of the Fund.

Section 6.  Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements

Where under this Agreement a member is authorized in the special or temporary circumstances specified in the Agreement to maintain or establish restrictions on exchange transactions, and there are other engagements between members entered into prior to this Agreement which conflict with the application of such restrictions, the parties to such engagements shall consult with one another with a view to making such mutually acceptable adjustments as may be necessary. The provisions of this Article shall be without prejudice to the operation of Article VII, Section 5.

Section 7.  Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

Each member undertakes to collaborate with the Fund and with other members in order to ensure that the policies of the member with respect to reserve assets shall be consistent with the objectives of promoting better international surveillance of international liquidity and making the special drawing right the principal reserve asset in the international monetary system.

38 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Go Moola Nova (YEAH!!!)!

good job everyone, don't forget danielchu

5 hours ago, danielchu said:

Can someone please explain how chapter VIII UNSC is different from article 8 IMF?

Edited by newbieDA
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Great First post! Welcome aboard, just before we pull into the station.... Hopefully your ride is short and sweet, but I’d venture a guess you’ve been on this crazy train just lurking for many years like I did :) if not then you are extremely fortunate.... Most of us have lost our sanity waiting for Iraq to pee or get off the pot! 

Gud day to u sir😊. Been reading as an outsider for the past 4/5 years sir b4 recently just cross my mind to become one of many DV fine community. Still unfamiliar with a lot of things like how to reply & post some articles. Emoji & coloured text as well🙈. But yeah its a long & windy road not to mention a bumpy ride. A rollercoaster journey that we all hope soon will reach its station. The Chapter 7 dismissed is the thing that will further spark Cbi moves & ends all restrictions in their currency thus accepting full responsibility under Article 8 IMF period. Never come across so many positive moves lately compared to previous years. Go new monetary policy & new rate😆.

This is our time

Get on with it Cbi💪

Edited by Reez
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Reez said:

Gud day to u sir😊. Been reading as an outsider for the past 4/5 years sir b4 recently just cross my mind to become one of many DV fine community. Still unfamiliar with a lot of things like how to reply & post some articles. Emoji & coloured text as well🙈. But yeah its a long & windy road not to mention a bumpy ride. A rollercoaster journey that we all hope soon will reach its station. The Chapter 7 dismissed is the thing that will further spark Cbi moves & ends all restrictions in their currency thus accepting full responsibility under Article 8 IMF period. Never come across so many positive moves lately compared to previous years. Go new monetary policy & new rate😆💞.

This is our time

Get on with it Cbi💪

thanks for your reply, enjoyed it!

8 minutes ago, Reez said:

Gud day to u sir😊. Been reading as an outsider for the past 4/5 years sir b4 recently just cross my mind to become one of many DV fine community. Still unfamiliar with a lot of things like how to reply & post some articles. Emoji & coloured text as well🙈. But yeah its a long & windy road not to mention a bumpy ride. A rollercoaster journey that we all hope soon will reach its station. The Chapter 7 dismissed is the thing that will further spark Cbi moves & ends all restrictions in their currency thus accepting full responsibility under Article 8 IMF period. Never come across so many positive moves lately compared to previous years. Go new monetary policy & new rate😆.

This is our time

Get on with it Cbi💪

Thanks for your reply.... I figured from your first post you were like me... I sat on the sidelines here as a guest for about 7.5 years until I finally got involved... Then became a 3 month member of VIP and after reading Adam's Strategies jumped in with both feet to PLATINUM VIP/ OSI and Corp VIP..... He has solid strategies for maximizing the returns from this investment... many of us have entered the world of Crypto Currency and have begun seeing mind boggling returns. 

I just hope the Dinar pops soon so I can reinvest in the new areas that I have been studying... Good luck to you and welcome to the Party! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, WheresmyRV? said:

So I guess we should be seeing the auctions end pretty soon?

2 hours ago, bkeiller said:

@WheresmyRV.    I think that Article section has something to do with staying within a 2% currency spread and the auctions, but I will leave any explanations to someone with more knowledge. Cheers!

you two may want to see this

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Not sure what that means ?

pp

read it

43 minutes ago, Butifldrm said:

Central Bank: Stop the process of debt accumulation during 2017

SECTION: ECONOMICDECEMBER 10, 2017 | 3:09 PM

The head of the financial operations and debt management of the Central Bank Mahmoud Dagher, on Sunday, to stop the process of debt accumulation during 2017.

"The year 2015 was the year to stop the collapse of fiscal policy, and in 2016 is to find the means to resist it," Dagher said at a seminar in which local media participated. "2017 is the year to stop the process of debt accumulation."

He added that "the two billion received by the Ministry of Finance from the issuance of international bonds were only to prove the ability of Iraq to deal with the international financial community more than the need of Iraq in the sense that the account of the Ministry of Finance dollars contain a balance much higher." End of 21 / m

http://www.albaghdadiyanews.com/?p=84428

Edited by newbieDA
thought they would enjoy it

2 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

??? No more debt, ok, I got that part, but why is it significant ??

Sorry, a little thick today.

pp

talking about the CBI is all, talking about the auctions, 2% spread, and now the debt, think the debt was a nice touch to add to the picture, means a lot going on and we trying to piece it together now

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

??? No more debt, ok, I got that part, but why is it significant ??

Sorry, a little thick today.

pp

3 hours ago, bkeiller said:

IMF Article VIII .          [Thanks for the link @newbieDA]

Article VIII: General Obligations of Members
1. Introduction
2. Avoidance of restrictions on current payments
3. Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices
4. Convertibility of foreign-held balances
5. Furnishing of information
6. Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements
7. Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

Section 1.  Introduction

In addition to the obligations assumed under other articles of this Agreement, each member undertakes the obligations set out in this Article.

Section 2.  Avoidance of restrictions on current payments

• (a) Subject to the provisions of Article VII, Section 3(b) and Article XIV, Section 2, no member shall, without the approval of the Fund,impose restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions.
  • (b) Exchange contracts which involve the currency of any member and which are contrary to the exchange control regulations of that member maintained or imposed consistently with this Agreement shall be unenforceable in the territories of any member. In addition, members may, by mutual accord, cooperate in measures for the purpose of making the exchange control regulations of either member more effective, provided that such measures and regulations are consistent with this Agreement.

Section 3.  Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices

No member shall engage in, or permit any of its fiscal agencies referred to in Article V, Section 1 to engage in, any discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices [?Auctions?], whether within or outside margins under Article IV or prescribed by or under Schedule C, except as authorized under this Agreement or approved by the Fund. If such arrangements and practices are engaged in at the date when this Agreement enters into force, the member concerned shall consult with the Fund as to their progressive removal unless they are maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2, in which case the provisions of Section 3 of that Article shall apply.

Section 4.  Convertibility of foreign-held balances

• (a) Each member shall buy balances of its currency held by another member if the latter, in requesting the purchase, represents:

• (i) that the balances to be bought have been recently acquired as a result of current transactions; or
    • (ii) that their conversion is needed for making payments for current transactions.

The buying member shall have the option to pay either in special drawing rights, subject to Article XIX, Section 4, or in the currency of the member making the request.

• (b) The obligation in (a) above shall not apply when:

• (i) the convertibility of the balances has been restricted consistently with Section 2 of this Article or Article VI, Section 3;
    • (ii) the balances have accumulated as a result of transactions effected before the removal by a member of restrictions maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2;
    • (iii) the balances have been acquired contrary to the exchange regulations of the member which is asked to buy them;
    • (iv) the currency of the member requesting the purchase has been declared scarce under Article VII, Section 3(a); or
    • (v) the member requested to make the purchase is for any reason not entitled to buy currencies of other members from the Fund for its own currency.

Section 6.  Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements

Where under this Agreement a member is authorized in the special or temporary circumstances specified in the Agreement to maintain or establish restrictions on exchange transactions, and there are other engagements between members entered into prior to this Agreement which conflict with the application of such restrictions, the parties to such engagements shall consult with one another with a view to making such mutually acceptable adjustments as may be necessary. The provisions of this Article shall be without prejudice to the operation of Article VII, Section 5.

Section 7.  Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

Each member undertakes to collaborate with the Fund and with other members in order to ensure that the policies of the member with respect to reserve assets shall be consistent with the objectives of promoting better international surveillance of international liquidity and making the special drawing right the principal reserve asset in the international monetary system.

• Upvote 1

20170827_153118.jpg

Iraq withdraws from Article VII of its obligation to pay compensation to Kuwait

Two Experts for (Time): Raising international tutoring offers an opportunity to improve the economy

Baghdad - Qusay Munther

"The lifting of the United Nations trusteeship on Iraq's oil exports and control will strengthen Iraq's international standing because it has become an international security and there is no challenge to the companies that wish to invest inside the country," he said. "Iraq can import and export by production "The Iraqi-Kuwaiti agreement that the bilateral compensation between the two countries without reference to the United Nations led to the issuance of the Security Council resolution to remove Iraq from Chapter VII as a result of concession Alco (UN), praising the "diplomatic efforts initiated by Iraq since 2009 with Kuwait, which led to the lifting of UN custody." For his part, the legal expert Tariq Harb told (Al-Zaman)

yesterday that (Resolution 2390 of the UN Security Council was based on Iraq's implementation of all its obligations under the Council's resolutions), adding that "Iraq was subject to those decisions and applied economic measures under the so-called oil for food Which included the provision of part of the oil revenues to pay compensation to Kuwait because of the invasion in 1990, pointing out that (the remainder of Iraq's compensation to Kuwait by about four billion dollars where it was agreed between the two countries to export gas and make investments against those compensation) 

That the decision came after A series of diplomatic successes, said ministry spokesman Ahmad Mahjoub said in a statement yesterday that "after a series of diplomatic successes achieved by the Ministry culminated in the issuance of a resolution of the Security Council to the exit of Iraq from Chapter VII in the oil-for-food program and restore to its natural status and international status) Noting that (that came after Iraq completed all the obligations of the program). 

The Council's decision included the completion of the efforts of the Ministry to end the files of Iraq in the Security Council inherited from the era of the former regime and issued pursuant to Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, through our Representative in New York to conduct consultations with the United States and other Member States for the adoption of resolution 2390 Which was adopted by the Council unanimously), 

and continued (the resolution concluded that the parties Iraq and the United Nations had implemented the measures imposed in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VII under resolutions 1958 in 2010 and the second resolution 2335 in 2016, noting that "the new resolution is an important step in the restoration of Iraq if Natural and international prestige Ah, which confirms the end of Iraq's obligations under Chapter VII of the oil-for-food program after it has been fully implemented). 

The Council's decision included the completion of the efforts of the Ministry to end the files of Iraq in the Security Council inherited from the era of the former regime and issued pursuant to Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, through our Representative in New York to conduct consultations with the United States and other Member States for the adoption of resolution 2390 Which was adopted by the Council unanimously), 

and continued (the resolution concluded that the parties Iraq and the United Nations had implemented the measures imposed in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VII under resolutions 1958 in 2010 and the second resolution 2335 in 2016, noting that "the new resolution is an important step in the restoration of Iraq if Natural and international prestige Ah, which confirms the end of Iraq's obligations under Chapter VII of the oil-for-food program after it has been fully implemented).

The Council's decision included the completion of the efforts of the Ministry to end the files of Iraq in the Security Council inherited from the era of the former regime and issued pursuant to Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, through our Representative in New York to conduct consultations with the United States and other Member States for the adoption of resolution 2390 Which was adopted by the Council unanimously), and continued (the resolution concluded that the parties Iraq and the United Nations had implemented the measures imposed in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VII under resolutions 1958 in 2010 and the second resolution 2335 in 2016, noting that "the new resolution is an important step in the restoration of Iraq if Natural and international prestige Ah, which confirms the end of Iraq's obligations under Chapter VII of the oil-for-food program after it has been fully implemented).

Edited by DinarThug
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Nassif calls for the release of Iraqi funds and assets frozen since the time of the previous regime

Since 2017-12-11 at 08:57 (Baghdad time)

2_1.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

The deputy of the coalition of state law, high Nassif, on Monday, to release funds and Iraqi stocks frozen since the time of the former regime, stressing the need to exploit these funds in the recruitment of unemployed graduates or fill the budget deficit.

Nassif said in a statement received by "Mawazin News", a copy of it, "under the decision to exit Iraq from the seventh item should be released funds and frozen Iraqi assets since the time of the former regime," noting that "these funds can be used in the current situation in several areas, The most important of which is the appointment of graduates and the provision of job opportunities to the armies of the unemployed due to the lack of appointments during the past two years. "

"These funds can also be used to bridge the deficit in the financial budget, to repay the debts we have committed to the World Bank and to remove the restrictions and conditions imposed on us under these debts."

Naseef stressed the need to follow up this file by the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and expedite the release of these funds and to recover them and benefit from them to overcome our financial crisis.

• Upvote 10

OIL-FOR-FOOD PROGRAM IMPOSED BY UN ON IRAQ FOLLOWING KUWAIT INVASION ENDS
Iraq, December 11, 2017 

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry on Saturday announced the end of Iraq's obligation of the Oil-for-Food program within Chapter VII of the United Nations charter, according to kurdistan24 website.

Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990, prompting the UN Security Council to place Iraq in Chapter VII of the UN Charter, which includes sanctions and considers the country a threat.

The Oil-for-Food Program established by the United Nations in 1995 under the UN Security Council Resolution 986. The program was created in response to UN sanctions, which allowed the country to sell oil in the world market in exchange for food, medicine, and other humanitarian needs for the citizens of Iraq.

Kuwait has objected the departure of Iraq from Chapter VII for years due to unresolved disputes over borders, missing persons, property and other issues with the country.

The decision to remove Iraq from the Chapter VII on the oil-for-food program came after the “diplomatic successes” of Baghdad, Iraqi Foreign Ministry announced in a statement, reported by the site.

alarabiya

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z16342729

• Upvote 1

http://www.almaalomah.com/2017.....11/263141/

Advisor Abadi speaks for "information" about the advantages of Iraq's exit from the seventh item

11:31 - 11/12/2017 
%D9%85%D8%B8%D9%87%D8%B1-%D9%85%D8%AD%D9

The appearance of Mohammed Saleh, the economic adviser to Prime Minister Haider Abadi, on Monday, the advantages of Iraq's exit from Chapter VII, indicating that the item was prohibited to Iraq to import modern technology, including dentistry.

"The seventh item of the Charter of the United Nations was to allow the use of force and tied Iraq to many activities that threaten world peace and this was a folly of the folly of the former regime," he said, adding that "Iraq's exit from this item will give signals Good for companies and investors to enter Iraq. "

Saleh added that "there was a list of banned technologically on Iraq, including dental devices claiming that they contain sensitive devices," stressing that "the liberation of Iraq from the seventh item will help him to integrate with modern technology."

On the fate of Iraqi funds frozen after the decision, Saleh explained that "Iraq's frozen funds were governed by UN Security Council Resolution 1483 issued in May 2003, under which the Development Fund for Iraq was established." "Any frozen funds are included in this account for the benefit of the Republic of Iraq."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Iraq withdraws from Article VII of its obligation to pay compensation to Kuwait

Two Experts for (Time): Raising international tutoring offers an opportunity to improve the economy

Baghdad - Qusay Munther

"The lifting of the United Nations trusteeship on Iraq's oil exports and control will strengthen Iraq's international standing because it has become an international security and there is no challenge to the companies that wish to invest inside the country," he said. "Iraq can import and export by production "The Iraqi-Kuwaiti agreement that the bilateral compensation between the two countries without reference to the United Nations led to the issuance of the Security Council resolution to remove Iraq from Chapter VII as a result of concession Alco (UN), praising the "diplomatic efforts initiated by Iraq since 2009 with Kuwait, which led to the lifting of UN custody." For his part, the legal expert Tariq Harb told (Al-Zaman)

yesterday that (Resolution 2390 of the UN Security Council was based on Iraq's implementation of all its obligations under the Council's resolutions), adding that "Iraq was subject to those decisions and applied economic measures under the so-called oil for food Which included the provision of part of the oil revenues to pay compensation to Kuwait because of the invasion in 1990, pointing out that (the remainder of Iraq's compensation to Kuwait by about four billion dollars where it was agreed between the two countries to export gas and make investments against those compensation) 

That the decision came after A series of diplomatic successes, said ministry spokesman Ahmad Mahjoub said in a statement yesterday that "after a series of diplomatic successes achieved by the Ministry culminated in the issuance of a resolution of the Security Council to the exit of Iraq from Chapter VII in the oil-for-food program and restore to its natural status and international status) Noting that (that came after Iraq completed all the obligations of the program). 

The Council's decision included the completion of the efforts of the Ministry to end the files of Iraq in the Security Council inherited from the era of the former regime and issued pursuant to Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, through our Representative in New York to conduct consultations with the United States and other Member States for the adoption of resolution 2390 Which was adopted by the Council unanimously), and continued (the resolution concluded that the parties Iraq and the United Nations had implemented the measures imposed in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VII under resolutions 1958 in 2010 and the second resolution 2335 in 2016, noting that "the new resolution is an important step in the restoration of Iraq if Natural and international prestige Ah, which confirms the end of Iraq's obligations under Chapter VII of the oil-for-food program after it has been fully implemented).

30 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

But, But, But, I thought they were out all together ??   :mellow:

They’ve Been Fully Released From Ch 7 With The Expectation Of Full Access To The Accompanying Funds ! ;)

The Part Of Ch 7 Pertaining To Kuwait Was Negotiated To Another Method Of Repayment To Obtain The Release From Ch 7 ! B)

(See The Article Above With The Excerpt Below)

Try Not To Get Too Hung Up The Numerical Sequence Of The Chapters ...

:D  :D  :D 

(the remainder of Iraq's compensation to Kuwait by about four billion dollars where it was agreed between the two countries to export gas and make investments against those compensation) 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

(the remainder of Iraq's compensation to Kuwait by about four billion dollars where it was agreed between the two countries to export gas and make investments against those compensation) 

Iraq supplies natural gas to Kuwait in 10-year deal

Sunday, December 10

Iraq and Kuwait have agreed to supply 50 million cubic feet per day of natural gas as the first stage of the next ten years to 200 million cubic feet.
Kuwaiti Oil Minister Essam al-Marzouq told reporters on Sunday on the sidelines of the 99th meeting of the Council of Ministers of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC), which is hosted by Kuwait, the agreement with Iraq to import 50 million cubic feet per day of natural gas as a first stage, Iraqi promised to increase those quantities later to reach 200 million cubic feet per day, indicating that the agreement between the two sides is valid for 10 years. 

Al-Marzouq pointed out that Kuwait is in the final stages of adopting the prices of imported gas from Iraq, indicating that its import will not be immediate, but there will be arrangements for the construction of a new pipeline and the construction of gas purification facilities before entering Kuwait. 

For his part, the Iraqi Oil Minister Jabbar Luaibi said that Kuwait and Iraq have gone a long way about importing Iraqi gas, pointing out that there are final negotiations on prices and an agreement will be reached soon.

He pointed out that a delegation from the Iraqi Oil Ministry will visit Kuwait next week to finalize, adding that the date of signing the oil agreement between the two sides is linked to some logistics and prices. 

Ended
http://www.alghadeer.tv/news/d.....ail/66168/

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

He pointed out that a delegation from the Iraqi Oil Ministry will visit Kuwait next week to finalize, adding that the date of signing the oil agreement between the two sides is linked to some logistics and prices. 

Chapter 7 Release — check

Compensation to Kuwait— check

Now flip the d@mn switch!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

• yota691 changed the title to Kuwait says it has recovered the remains of 236 missing in Iraq
  • yota691 unpinned this topic