Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait says it has recovered the remains of 236 missing in Iraq

Rmc10

Hello all,I am nubie. Just joined the club. Many thanks for awesome news all of u especially yota. Gud job ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. My piece of opinion is that this all impressive move forward has got to be from the recent Cbi visit to DC & UNSC in October objectives in revision of their new monetary policy,selecting polymer paper currency(3zero deleted project) aka small denom,combating money laundering(AMLA),funding small medium project etc which all of this requires security & stability which I believe Haider is already begun launching the campaign promoting it through various activities especially trade relations,promo their global aspirations,security checked etc. Now the only piece of puzzle missing is the IMF Article 8. The delete zero project may have already begun without any prior notice coz so far there was no postponement news lately either since the news in late March 2017 where earlier plan was in early 2017. I believe it is coming anytime sooner than we could ever imagine. Imo only.

ย 

Just keeping the faith.ย 

Go Rv as always๐Ÿ˜ŠโœŒ๐Ÿ’ช

Attached is some of previous related articles & Cbi news. The link concerned ;

1.https://cbi.iq/news/view/495

2.http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/246868-cbi-news-11202018/

3.http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/221845-upgrading-of-the-iraqi-currency/

4.http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234052-parliamentary-finances-approach-to-postpone-the-project-to-delete-the-zeros-until-further-notice/

Tq & best of days to u all. Lets go Iraq๐Ÿ’ชโœŒ

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Synopsis said:

ย 

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, Half Crazy Runner! I trust Your trots have been enjoyable with Your really fine canine!ย :tiphat:

ย 

The one item that seems to be related to the actual international value of the IQD is Iraq's full World Trade Organization (WTO)ย status making Iraq go from a "closed economy" to an "open economy" where IQD is no longer exchanged for USD through the daily currency auctions for Iraq to pay for it's international obligations. Going from the "closed economy" to the "open economy" would stop the daily currency auctions since all the financial transactions would be electronic and instantaneous. Apparently, the real international value of the IQD needs to be in place for this to happen. I suspect full WTO status would be beneficial prior to reconstruction transactions and especially the rocketing Iraqi economy (when that takes off due to enterprises being established or reestablished based on Iraq's agricultural and other natural resources) since a "closed economy" daily auction would appear to be cumbersome, slow the transactions down tremendously, and provide for more corruption than there already is occurring in the daily currency auctions.

ย 

I may have missed any recent news on the status of Iraq's full WTO ascension and have been waiting for that news to appear. To me, that would suggest WTO status is imminent and the IQD could revalue at around that time.

ย 

I suspect the major corrupt characters need to be removed, at least some of the pilfered funds returned to the CBI, and a few legislative items (National Reconciliation, Article 140, HCL, etc) still need to be in place.

ย 

The steam roller of progress is a rollin' and I suspect there will be more and more good news until.....................................

ย 

SUDDENLY........................................................

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ย 

ย 

Go Moola Nova (YEAH!!!)!

:pirateship:

ย 

Many thanks to you Synopsis! Have a great weekend yourself, and ..

ย 

Go Moola Nova!!!ย 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Reez said:

Hello all,I am nubie. Just joined the club. Many thanks for awesome news all of u especially yota. Gud job ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. My piece of opinion is that this all impressive move forward has got to be from the recent Cbi visit to DC & UNSC in October objectives in revision of their new monetary policy,selecting polymer paper currency(3zero deleted project) aka small denom,combating money laundering(AMLA),funding small medium project etc which all of this requires security & stability which I believe Haider is already begun launching the campaign promoting it through various activities especially trade relations,promo their global aspirations,security checked etc. Now the only piece of puzzle missing is the IMF Article 8. The delete zero project may have already begun without any prior notice coz so far there was no postponement news lately either since the news in late March 2017 where earlier plan was in early 2017. I believe it is coming anytime sooner than we could ever imagine. Imo only.

ย 

Just keeping the faith.ย 

3.http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/221845-upgrading-of-the-iraqi-currency/

4.http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234052-parliamentary-finances-approach-to-postpone-the-project-to-delete-the-zeros-until-further-notice/

Great First post! Welcome aboard, just before we pull into the station.... Hopefully your ride is short and sweet, but Iโ€™d venture a guess youโ€™ve been on this crazy train just lurking for many years like I did :)ย if not then you are extremely fortunate.... Most of us have lost our sanity waiting for Iraq to pee or get off the pot!ย 

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Reez said:

ย 

Just keeping the faith.ย 

Welcome aboard, could not have come a better time.ย 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Reez said:

ย 

Just keeping the faith.ย 

ย 

Welcome aboard :pirateship:

ย 

ย 

http://www.iraqiembassy.us/article/un-security-council-votes-to-remove-iraq-from-chapter-vii-sanctions

ย 

U.N. Security Council Votes to Remove Iraq from Chapter VII Sanctions

ย 

The 15-member United Nations Security Council unanimously agreed on June 27, 2013 to remove Iraq from Chapter VII sanctions that were imposed on the country more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990.

The UN Security Council's decision to remove Iraq from Chapter VII underscores the country's increased cooperation with its neighbors and marks an end to Saddam Hussein's legacy of aggression.

The council agreed that issues of missing Kuwaiti persons and property should be dealt with under Chapter VI of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter VII.

ย 

I was curious to what was Chapter 6... There you go!ย 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FXStockpiling said:

http://www.iraqiembassy.us/article/un-security-council-votes-to-remove-iraq-from-chapter-vii-sanctions

ย 

U.N. Security Council Votes to Remove Iraq from Chapter VII Sanctions

ย 

The 15-member United Nations Security Council unanimously agreed on June 27, 2013 to remove Iraq from Chapter VII sanctions that were imposed on the country more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990.

The UN Security Council's decision to remove Iraq from Chapter VII underscores the country's increased cooperation with its neighbors and marks an end to Saddam Hussein's legacy of aggression.

The council agreed that issues of missing Kuwaiti persons and property should be dealt with under Chapter VI of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter VII.

ย 

I was curious to what was Chapter 6... There you go!ย 

ย I noticed the date on this, so that there is no confusion the UN has a another link stating that they eased sanctions in 2013 not releasing from Chapter 7 in 2013...

ย 

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=45287#.Wi1OgWKnGUk

UN Security Council eases some sanctions on Iraq over 1990 invasion of Kuwait

27 June 2013 โ€“ Welcoming progress on resolving pending issues from Iraqโ€™s 1990 invasion of its smaller neighbour Kuwait, including finding Kuwaiti or third-country nationals, the United Nations Security Council today eased some of its sanctions against Iraq.

Unanimously adopting a new resolution, the Council called on the Iraqi Government to continue searching for Kuwaiti nationals and property missing since Saddam Husseinโ€™s 1990 invasion, but terminated provisions in earlier texts that allowed the military enforcement of the measures under Charter VII of the UN Charter.

Recognizing that the situation that now exists in Iraq is significantly different from that which existed at the time of the invasion, the Council decided that the issues of missing people and property will now be handled under Chapter VI of the Charter, which calls for a peaceful resolution of disputes.

Another key provision of the new resolution is the Councilโ€™s decision to transfer the mandate formerly assigned to the High-Level Coordinator for Iraq-Kuwait Missing Persons and Property to the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI).

Paragraph 14 ofย resolution 1284 (1999)ย requested the appointment of a High-Level Coordinator to report to the Security Council regularly on โ€œcompliance by Iraq with its obligations regarding the repatriation or return of all Kuwaiti and third country nationals or their remainsโ€ and โ€œthe return of all Kuwaiti property, including archives, seized by Iraq.โ€

The new resolution terminates that measure and in turn calls on the head of UNAMI to โ€œpromote, support and facilitate efforts regarding the repatriation or return of all Kuwaiti and third country nationals or their remains, and the return of Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, seized by Iraq.โ€

Further, the resolution also requests that Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon consider designating the deputy chief of UNAMI covering political affairs โ€œwith the responsibility for overseeing these issues and ensuring appropriate resources for this purpose.โ€

Immediately following the action in the Council chamber, Hoshyar Zebari, the Foreign Minister of Iraq, who had attended the meeting, hailed the decision as an โ€œhistoric landmarkโ€ in relations between his country and Kuwait.

He told reporters that the resolution was making โ€œChapter VII a thing of the past andโ€ฆ concentrating on the present and the future.โ€ Both countries were cooperating in good faith and managed to close all the files on Chapter VII issues.

He added that such cooperation, culminating in the Councilโ€™s decision today, could serve not only as โ€œa new beginning for relations between our two brotherly countries,โ€ but also as an example to other nations seeking to settle disputes peacefully.

In the aftermath of Iraqโ€™s invasion of Kuwait, the Council established the UN Compensation Commission (UNCC), which settles the damage claims of those who suffered losses in the invasion.

As of January of this year, the Commission has disbursed some $40.1 billion for more than 1.5 million successful claims of individuals, corporations, Governments and international organizations, leaving some $12.3 billion remaining to be paid.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

T..

With Chapter 7 Lifted, Iraq Regains Control of Its Own Economy

Byย Rudawย 7/7/2013
According to Iraqโ€™s energy plan, oil exports are expected to reach six million barrels per day (bpd) by 2017. AFP photo
According to Iraqโ€™s energy plan, oil exports are expected to reach six million barrels per day (bpd) by 2017. AFP photo

By Goran Mustafaย 
ย 

ย 

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region โ€“ The lifting of Chapter 7 sanctions last month can be considered one of Iraqโ€™s biggest achievements since the ouster of Saddam Hussein a decade ago, allowing Baghdad to regain control over its own currency, oil and economy.
ย 

Chapter 7, imposed on Iraq by the UN Security Council after Saddamโ€™s invasion of Kuwait in 1991, froze all Iraqi assets in international banks, ordering they be used to compensate victims of the aggression. Besides placing limits on use of its wealth, the sanctions also placed limits on the Iraqi military.
ย 

One of the biggest advantages of the lifting of the sanctions is the return of all frozen assets to the Iraqi government, estimated at $82 billion, according to Central Bank data.ย  Its return will not only revitalize the economy, it will strengthen the value of the Iraqi dinar and increase its purchasing power.
ย 

A few hours after Chapter 7 was lifted, the value of Iraqi dinar increased against other currencies. The exchange rate of dinar is fixed against the dollar, but its value continues to rise. Saif Al-Halafi, an economic and banking expert, expects that the dinar will probably replace the dollar for investments, and that as demand for the dinar rises, so will its value.
ย 

With Chapter 7 lifted, Iraq also can independently handle its oil revenues without UN supervision.

his was from 2013ย 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/

Article VII: Replenishment and Scarce Currencies
1. Measures to replenish the Fund's holdings of currencies
2. General scarcity of currency
3. Scarcity of the Fund's holdings
4. Administration of restrictions
5. Effect of other international agreements on restrictions

Section 3.ย ย Scarcity of the Fund's holdings

• (a) If it becomes evident to the Fund that the demand for a member's currency seriously threatens the Fund's ability to supply that currency, the Fund, whether or not it has issued a report under Section 2 of this Article, shall formally declare such currency scarce and shall thenceforth apportion its existing and accruing supply of the scarce currency with due regard to the relative needs of members, the general international economic situation, and any other pertinent considerations. The Fund shall also issue a report concerning its action.
  • (b) A formal declaration under (a) above shall operate as an authorization to any member, after consultation with the Fund, temporarily to impose limitations on the freedom of exchange operations in the scarce currency. Subject to the provisions of Article IV and Schedule C, the member shall have complete jurisdiction in determining the nature of such limitations, but they shall be no more restrictive than is necessary to limit the demand for the scarce currency to the supply held by, or accruing to, the member in question, and they shall be relaxed and removed as rapidly as conditions permit.
  • (c) The authorization under (b) above shall expire whenever the Fund formally declares the currency in question to be no longer scarce.

Section 4.ย ย Administration of restrictions

Any member imposing restrictions in respect of the currency of any other member pursuant to the provisions of Section 3(b) of this Article shall give sympathetic consideration to any representations by the other member regarding the administration of such restrictions.

ย 

Article VIII: General Obligations of Members
1. Introduction
2. Avoidance of restrictions on current payments
3. Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices
4. Convertibility of foreign-held balances
5. Furnishing of information
6. Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements
7. Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Still a ways to go - HCL /Art 140 / Lower Denominationย . . . unless this all can be achieved with Thunderclap Surprise ! This is Iraq after all.

ย 

Abadi seems to be somewhat of a Magician if you look back over ALL the things he's accomplished in justย the last 2 years.ย 

ย 

To the Magician !ย :cheesehead:

ย 

:crossedfingers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Still a ways to go - HCL /Art 140 / Lower Denominationย . . . unless this all can be achieved with Thunderclap Surprise ! This is Iraq after all.

ย 

Abadi seems to be somewhat of a Magician if you look back over ALL the things he's accomplished in justย the last 2 years.ย 

ย 

To the Magician !ย :cheesehead:

ย 

:crossedfingers:

ย 

The release from chapter 7 (although expected) kinda came out of no where, letโ€™s hope that Abadi has some more tricks up his sleeve.ย 

Have a great day sir ย :salute:

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

ย 

The release from chapter 7 (although expected) kinda came out of no where, letโ€™s hope that Abadi has some more tricks up his sleeve.ย 

Have a great day sir ย :salute:

ย 

Have a Great Sunday Wiljor -ย :salute:

ย 

Would be Outstanding if the rest of these unresolved issues could be dealt with quickly - 2017 has been a pretty " ruff " year.ย 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

IMF Article VIII .ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  [Thanks for the link @newbieDA]

Article VIII: General Obligations of Members
1. Introduction
2. Avoidance of restrictions on current payments
3. Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices
4. Convertibility of foreign-held balances
5. Furnishing of information
6. Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements
7. Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

Section 1.ย ย Introduction

In addition to the obligations assumed under other articles of this Agreement, each member undertakes the obligations set out in this Article.

Section 2.ย ย Avoidance of restrictions on current payments

• (a) Subject to the provisions of Article VII, Section 3(b) and Article XIV, Section 2, no member shall, without the approval of the Fund,impose restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions.
  • (b) Exchange contracts which involve the currency of any member and which are contrary to the exchange control regulations of that member maintained or imposed consistently with this Agreement shall be unenforceable in the territories of any member. In addition, members may, by mutual accord, cooperate in measures for the purpose of making the exchange control regulations of either member more effective, provided that such measures and regulations are consistent with this Agreement.

Section 3.ย ย Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices

No member shall engage in, or permit any of its fiscal agencies referred to in Article V, Section 1 to engage in, any discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices [?Auctions?], whether within or outside margins under Article IV or prescribed by or under Schedule C, except as authorized under this Agreement or approved by the Fund. If such arrangements and practices are engaged in at the date when this Agreement enters into force, the member concerned shall consult with the Fund as to their progressive removal unless they are maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2, in which case the provisions of Section 3 of that Article shall apply.

Section 4.ย ย Convertibility of foreign-held balances

• (a) Each member shall buy balances of its currency held by another member if the latter, in requesting the purchase, represents:
    ย 
    • (i) that the balances to be bought have been recently acquired as a result of current transactions; or
    • (ii) that their conversion is needed for making payments for current transactions.

The buying member shall have the option to pay either in special drawing rights, subject to Article XIX, Section 4, or in the currency of the member making the request.

• (b) The obligation in (a) above shall not apply when:
    ย 
    • (i) the convertibility of the balances has been restricted consistently with Section 2 of this Article or Article VI, Section 3;
    • (ii) the balances have accumulated as a result of transactions effected before the removal by a member of restrictions maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2;
    • (iii) the balances have been acquired contrary to the exchange regulations of the member which is asked to buy them;
    • (iv) the currency of the member requesting the purchase has been declared scarce under Article VII, Section 3(a); or
    • (v) the member requested to make the purchase is for any reason not entitled to buy currencies of other members from the Fund for its own currency.

Section 5.ย ย Furnishing of information

• (a) The Fund may require members to furnish it with such information as it deems necessary for its activities, including, as the minimum necessary for the effective discharge of the Fund's duties, national data on the following matters:
    ย 
    • (i) official holdings at home and abroad of (1) gold, (2) foreign exchange;
    • (ii) holdings at home and abroad by banking and financial agencies, other than official agencies, of (1) gold, (2) foreign exchange;
    • (iii) production of gold;
    • (iv) gold exports and imports according to countries of destination and origin;
    • (v) total exports and imports of merchandise, in terms of local currency values, according to countries of destination and origin;
    • (vi) international balance of payments, including (1) trade in goods and services, (2) gold transactions, (3) known capital transactions, and (4) other items;
    • (vii) international investment position, i.e., investments within the territories of the member owned abroad and investments abroad owned by persons in its territories so far as it is possible to furnish this information;
    • (viii) national income;
    • (ix) price indices, i.e., indices of commodity prices in wholesale and retail markets and of export and import prices;
    • (x) buying and selling rates for foreign currencies;
    • (xi) exchange controls, i.e., a comprehensive statement of exchange controls in effect at the time of assuming membership in the Fund and details of subsequent changes as they occur; and
    • (xii) where official clearing arrangements exist, details of amounts awaiting clearance in respect of commercial and financial transactions, and of the length of time during which such arrears have been outstanding.
  • (b) In requesting information the Fund shall take into consideration the varying ability of members to furnish the data requested. Members shall be under no obligation to furnish information in such detail that the affairs of individuals or corporations are disclosed. Members undertake, however, to furnish the desired information in as detailed and accurate a manner as is practicable and, so far as possible, to avoid mere estimates.
  • (c) The Fund may arrange to obtain further information by agreement with members. It shall act as a centre for the collection and exchange of information on monetary and financial problems, thus facilitating the preparation of studies designed to assist members in developing policies which further the purposes of the Fund.

Section 6.ย ย Consultation between members regarding existing international agreements

Where under this Agreement a member is authorized in the special or temporary circumstances specified in the Agreement to maintain or establish restrictions on exchange transactions, and there are other engagements between members entered into prior to this Agreement which conflict with the application of such restrictions, the parties to such engagements shall consult with one another with a view to making such mutually acceptable adjustments as may be necessary. The provisions of this Article shall be without prejudice to the operation of Article VII, Section 5.

Section 7.ย ย Obligation to collaborate regarding policies on reserve assets

Each member undertakes to collaborate with the Fund and with other members in order to ensure that the policies of the member with respect to reserve assets shall be consistent with the objectives of promoting better international surveillance of international liquidity and making the special drawing right the principal reserve asset in the international monetary system.

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Kuwait says it has recovered the remains of 236 missing in Iraq
  • yota691 unpinned this topic