Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The House of Representatives completes tomorrow the first reading of the budget law for the year 2018

yota691

Just a WILD POKE in the Dark here; are we sure these people actually comprehend what they read ?

Or more to the point, can they read at all and is the whole thing just made up of Sesame Street type pictures . . . cuz DAMN; these MOFO's are so bloody slow at everything they do.

• Upvote 4

Read It And Weep ! :o 

Tears On My Keyboard ...

:D  :D  :D 

LINK

Parliament to resume its meetings on Wednesday with the first reading of the budget bill

22:35 - 02/01/2018  
%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9

The House of Representatives resumed its third parliamentary session for the fourth legislative year of the second legislative term, on Wednesday, by reading a number of bills including the draft federal budget law.

"The agenda for the Wednesday session includes the first reading of the draft federal budget bill for the year 2018 and the completion of the vote on the proposal of the Nursing Association Law, the resignation of the member of the House of Representatives and the constitutional oath of the alternative, in addition to the first reading of the proposed law The first amendment to the law of the anti-terrorism No. 31 of 2016 and the first reading of the draft law on quarantine No. 76 of 2012.

He added that "the agenda includes discussing the proposed law of the House of Representatives and its composition and draft law amending the penalties contained in the Penal Code No. 11 of 1969 amending, and discuss the law of Turkmen rights and the proposal of the law of Samarra, the capital of Islamic culture."

It is worth mentioning that both the Kurdish blocs and the Sunni blocs have many observations on the draft budget for the federal year 2018, and the deputies of the province of Basra threatened to reject the project in the event of non-payment of dues of the province.

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 5

Deputy Speaker of the Parliament Aram Sheikh Mohammed confirms the existence of comments on the Federal Budget Law 2018, and must communicate with the Prime Minister to resolve the differences

January 3, 2018 13 Views

In the meeting of the Presidency of the Parliament and in the presence of President Jubouri and Sheikh Hammoud Hamoudi with the heads of parliamentary blocs and committees held today in the Constitutional Hall, the Deputy Speaker of the Iraqi Parliament, Aram Sheikh Mohammed, the existence of observations on the Federal Budget Law 2018, and therefore must communicate with the Prime Minister and hold meetings to resolve the problems And resolve differences.

Sheikh Mohammed pointed out in his speech that the failure to hold parliamentary sessions due to imbalance in the quorum will not be in the interest of the country and gives a negative image of the Iraqi street, and related to the elections of the provincial councils in Kirkuk on all parties to hold meetings and review the legal provisions issued in those circumstances and the resumption of negotiations between all Parties and representatives of the components to reach solutions to the satisfaction of all, Vice President added, "We are with the elections in constitutional times, but there are obstacles and problems and the concerned parties to intensify efforts and work hard and continuous to remove obstacles and return again to the legislative contexts And legal. "

Media Office of Deputy Speaker of Parliament 
Wednesday 2018/1/3

2018-01-03-PHOTO-00000245-300x200.jpg

http://ar.parliament.iq/2018/01/03/آرام-شيخ-محمد-نائب-رئيس-البرلمان-يؤكد-و/

• Upvote 2

03-01-2018 10:10 AM

Under the pretext of elections .. Parliamentary finance: next July the date of approval of the budget

image.php?token=8150389dacc2943a3197901c68853a0d&size=

The parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed on Wednesday that the adoption of the financial budget law for this year will be extended to the month of July, noting that the possibility of approving the budget before the elections . 

"The adoption of the budget before the elections is impossible because most of the political blocs strongly oppose the passage of what the government sent a proposal for the budget while the government confirms that no possible amendment because of the liquidity crisis .

He added that "the appropriate time to approve the budget will be during the month of July, after the elections in May next month and the formation of a new government and the appointment of a new prime minister or renew the mandate of Haider Abadi and a new parliament .

He said Hama, "The government will act in accordance with the law of financial management until the expiration of its legal period and the elections because of the severe review by the political blocs "

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=163491

• Upvote 2

Parliament fails to hold its meeting because of the boycott of the Kurds and Sunnis

Parliament fails to hold its meeting because of the boycott of Kurds and Sunnis

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

The Iraqi parliament failed to hold its new legislative session on Wednesday. 
The deputies boycotted the Kurdish parliament session of Iraq on Wednesday, in protest against the reduction of the share of the Kurdistan Region. 
Followed by a similar province to the deputies of the Sunni blocs because of the lack of allocations for the reconstruction of war zones. 
The Kurds object to a draft that showed a reduction in the region's share from 17 percent to 12.5 percent.

He told a parliamentary source, twilight news, that the presidency of parliament decided to postpone the holding of the session on Thursday because of the lack of quorum.

He added that it was agreed between the heads of parliamentary blocs that tomorrow's meeting will be hosted by the Electoral Commission without including the budget item in the agenda.

• Upvote 3

Iraq

Kurdish, Sunni MPs boycott Iraqi parliament session over budget dispute

By Rudaw 4 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — The Iraqi parliament could not convene on Wednesday to discuss 2018 budget due to a boycott by Sunni and Kurdish factions, but could reconvene on Thursday if budgets and elections are not discussed, in addition to other preconditions set by the absentees.

“The parliament session was delayed because of Kurdish and Sunni lawmakers boycotting it. It is unclear when the session will resume,” Masoud Haider, an MP from Kurdistan in the finance committee, told Rudaw from Baghdad.

The parliament lacked a quorum, therefore delayed the session.

Haider, a member of the Change Movement (Gorran), also said that heads of factions and parliamentary committees, including members of finance committee were meeting with the parliament’s speaker in a bid to resolve the problem and respond to the demands of Kurdish and Sunni party MPs.

The heads of factions and committees later announced that they will agree hold a session on Thursday on two conditions: the budget and the question of elections should not be discussed at that time, and preparations have to made within a week for a meeting between Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, the Speaker of the Parliament, and heads of factions and committees.

“The Kurds have nine observations about Iraq’s budget for 2018.” Haider told Rudaw, “No change has been made to address the nine points we had submitted to the Iraqi government.” 

Main observations by Kurdistan parties for the 2018 Iraqi federal budget:

- Restoring the Kurdistan Region’s share to its previous 17 percent

- Dealing with the KRG rather than provinces

- Determining a budget for Kurdish Peshmerga

- Naming the province of Halabja and determining its budget

- Dedicating petrodollar budget to all provinces with oil, gas or refineries

- Revoking the decision to reduce salaries of all Iraqi employees by 3.8 percent and giving it to Hashd al-Shaabi because war ISIS war has ended

- Reducing government's operating budget

“The Iraqi government gave us a calculated and elastic answer and made no change to address these points which we had demanded as parties of Kurdistan. That is why we will not be voting for the budget,” added Haider.

Abadi said on Tuesday he would refuse to allow the Iraqi parliament to change the KRG’s share of the 2018 budget. He insisted Erbil’s demand for 17 percent belongs in the past.

The Iraqi prime minister added that the KRG exported 2 trillion Iraqi dinars ($1.6 billion) of oil over the last three months of 2017. He claimed that production expenses amounted to about 313 billion Iraqi dinars ($261 million), leaving Erbil with an income of 544 billion Iraqi dinars ($458 million) monthly.

Erbil maintains that their revenues have been slashed by half since the loss of Kirkuk oil fields to the Iraqi government in mid-October, leaving the government with a net $337.4 million to spend on salaries after deducting for essential expenses and payments to international oil companies.

Baghdad is yet to agree to talks with Erbil over outstanding issues that worsened following an Iraqi military incursion into the disputed areas after the September vote for independence, despite many calls from the international community for the two sides to sit down and talk.

An IMF chief told Rudaw on December 22 that he believes Iraq's 2018 budget share proposals "do not suffice in our view to cover the needs of the Kurdistan Regional Government.”

Updated at 2:53 p.m.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/03012018

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

Parliament fails to hold its meeting because of the boycott of the Kurds and Sunnis

Parliament fails to hold its meeting because of the boycott of Kurds and Sunnis

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

The Iraqi parliament failed to hold its new legislative session on Wednesday. 
The deputies boycotted the Kurdish parliament session of Iraq on Wednesday, in protest against the reduction of the share of the Kurdistan Region. 
Followed by a similar province to the deputies of the Sunni blocs because of the lack of allocations for the reconstruction of war zones. 
The Kurds object to a draft that showed a reduction in the region's share from 17 percent to 12.5 percent.

He told a parliamentary source, twilight news, that the presidency of parliament decided to postpone the holding of the session on Thursday because of the lack of quorum.

He added that it was agreed between the heads of parliamentary blocs that tomorrow's meeting will be hosted by the Electoral Commission without including the budget item in the agenda.

I  hate to say I told you so.......   I said months ago that the Kurds weren't going to like this.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Artitech said:

Doesnt look good IMHO, for a RV this year either, these people are just damn stupid, I sure hope I'm wrong! I'm still ridin this horse til it dies! :rodeo:

i would like to join you

but i ended up getting a horse from iraq

i beat him dead

now i walk till the rv happens 

:deadhorse:   damn you iraq and your iraqi horse

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

Abadi is gonna have to learn what some of us Americans call "Tough Love" sometimes painful but effective. Until he shuts off ALL the money from Kurdistan this lame Parliament will continue to hold up progress. He should also call for early elections (like next week) to get rid of a few more of these crooks that are stealing tax payer money.

While cleaning up the corruption he certainly doesn't want to leave out the Kurdistan region, there is as many thieves there as in Baghdad...

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Artitech said:

Doesnt look good IMHO, for a RV this year either, these people are just damn stupid....

Absolutely correct. They just had a month off, and none of the Sunni/Kurd objections were addressed. But (disclaimer) in my humble opinion, I don't believe this would hold up any measurable increase in dinar value. They are losing millions in auctions every day. They are hurting for money. Billions estimated to rebuild Mosul and all the other destroyed infrastructure. Abadi needs to make a move, and well before May elections to have a ripple effect. Don't despair, Artitech. Ride that horse.

:twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I swear we are caught in the Iraqis revolving door... just keeps spinning and spinning... EVERY time they read the budget (to pass it) there is ALWAYS something holding it back (EVERY YEAR)... dudes just pass it already....

• Upvote 1

Well this is why many investors from Wallstreet and others are saying the Iraq Dinar will NEVER RV and wast of time.  I'm starting to believe maybe they were right after all....Waiting on this thing for over 10 years plus and still the same thing over and over with Iraq......Just don't know anymore about this but I will ride this out until the end...What a Shame:butt-kicking:

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, eburt said:

Well this is why many investors from Wallstreet and others are saying the Iraq Dinar will NEVER RV and wast of time.  I'm starting to believe maybe they were right after all....Waiting on this thing for over 10 years plus and still the same thing over and over with Iraq......Just don't know anymore about this but I will ride this out until the end...What a Shame:butt-kicking:

Eburt,  I read the quote at the bottom of your post, the one that starts " I will persist until I succeed".  Hang in there my friend.  I believe this will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaygo said:

Don’t need a budget for an RV.

I agree, we have been through this every year since I have been on this site.

IMHO - a few points to consider;

The GOI and CBI have sold their souls to the likes of the World Bank, IMF, Wall Street +  bond holders. They don't  have 100% control of their future and or actions. Too many big time international players at the table to let this dysfunctional bunch dictate reality.

There must be something in the 22nd ?? link of their DNA preventing them from working together for common benefit. Get over it and get to work.

The Al - Abadi coalition and CBI have accomplished a tremendous amount recently to bring Iraq up to international status. I personally did not realize or understand what a mess, across the board Iraq was and how much was needed to clean it up.

Semper Fi:salute:

Go RV:backflip:

• Upvote 5